PDA

View Full Version : Should I transfer my game?

sollia
01-31-13, 05:06 PM
I've been playing on my android phone but I just got a brand new iPod and I'm eager to discover the features that were unavailable to me.

I'm torn as to whether to transfer my game or not. I don't really feel like starting from scratch but I don't carry my iPod with me the way I do my phone.

What would you guys do? And if you think I should transfer, could you direct me towards some instructions on how to do that?

hamadrys
01-31-13, 05:10 PM
I totally would transfer and play the full version with all the goodies, updates, new stuff. No more waiting without being sure to get it on Android. Totally worth it. Also supposed to run way more smoothly on IOS devices.
But that is just me.

kooky panda
01-31-13, 05:13 PM
I think it is up to you. It is really nice to be able to play anytime on a phone. You can be limited using wifi only.
Also the big screen is great!!

If you do decide to transfer, these threads have alot of information.

Transfer Information (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42962-Have-a-new-device-Restore-your-original-account-here!)

You can email support@teamlava.com (support@teamlava.com) and they can transfer your games.

If you have already set up a new storm ID on your new device, you will not be able to transfer yourself.

Storm 8 Transfer (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39878-Transferring-Teamlava-games-to-a-new-device)

nmishii
01-31-13, 05:13 PM
Here's how to transfer your games. You can it yourself in minutes by playing a storm8 game.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39878-Transferring-Teamlava-games-to-a-new-device

sollia
01-31-13, 05:17 PM
Here's how to transfer your games. You can it yourself in minutes by playing a storm8 game.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39878-Transferring-Teamlava-games-to-a-new-device

Does that mean I can also transfer back if I want?

nmishii
01-31-13, 05:19 PM
In my case, I wouldn't transfer. I like being able to access my games on 3G and 4G and not have to carry around multiple devices. While there are some features iOS has that I would really like, and I think all platforms should get releases at the same time, in general I can l do without the new features, as I have less time now for games.

kwhales
01-31-13, 05:19 PM
Why not just start a new game on your new device. It has benefits. You know what dragons to go for at a lower level, you can get rid of the ones you don't want (cause you already have them on your main account) and you can gift gold to yourself. Just think, on this new island, you wouldn't need any fruitfuls, firestorms, poison etc. Maybe just epics and babies.

sollia
01-31-13, 05:20 PM
In my case, I wouldn't transfer. I like being able to access my games on 3G and 4G and not have to carry around multiple devices. While there are some features iOS has that I would really like, and I think all platforms should get releases at the same time, in general I can l do without the new features, as I have less time now for games.

I'm not terribly tech savvy, what does 3G/4G mean?

sollia
01-31-13, 05:21 PM
Why not just start a new game on your new device. It has benefits. You know what dragons to go for at a lower level, you can get rid of the ones you don't want (cause you already have them on your main account) and you can gift gold to yourself. Just think, on this new island, you wouldn't need any fruitfuls, firestorms, poison etc. Maybe just epics and babies.

That is tempting. I just remember how much of a pain it was to clear the foliage in the main island.

nmishii
01-31-13, 05:22 PM
Does that mean I can also transfer back if I want?

Yes. I don't think they want you to transfer constantly, but I don't think there's anything from stopping you.

Note that if you go back to Android permanently you'll want to put your iOS unique items in storage. I don't know about DS, but in the games I play you won't be able to see them or do anything with them but they'll be there.

kwhales
01-31-13, 05:29 PM
That is tempting. I just remember how much of a pain it was to clear the foliage in the main island.

Yeah, but you could take your time. and, try for a diamond early and earn coins faster.

nmishii
01-31-13, 05:30 PM
I'm not terribly tech savvy, what does 3G/4G mean?

The cellular network. Its the network your phone uses. Its always there, as long as you're near a cell tower.

With wifi, you need to connect to a wifi network. That's what you normally have in your home. Outside your home, you can find free, paid, or no wifi spots. In the US, you can get free wifi at McDonalds, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, when you are a guest at a most hotels, at some airports, etc.

salinho
01-31-13, 05:31 PM
My dad traded his phone today and didn't say anything until he came home. I was like, "okay, cool...now where's your dragon story game?"
Big oopsie. XD now i have to e-mail TL and see if i can get his game back. He hadn't even created a password so it's gonna be a headache... I gotta provide as much info as possible, but he's really goofy so he often forgets these things. Lol.

Torachan1980
01-31-13, 05:31 PM
Can you have it on both?

kwhales
01-31-13, 05:33 PM
Can you have it on both?

Have what?

Torachan1980
01-31-13, 05:35 PM
Your game with all the information. Can you transfer it it an iOS device and still beagle to play it on your android device? Of do you have to choose to either transfer it or start over? Sorry, I'm not communicating very clearly tonight I guess.

Torachan1980
01-31-13, 05:36 PM
Be able that is. I hate text prediction sometimes!

kooky panda
01-31-13, 05:38 PM
You can only play a game on one device at a time.

tonguelashing
01-31-13, 05:52 PM
I've been playing on my android phone but I just got a brand new iPod and I'm eager to discover the features that were unavailable to me.

I'm torn as to whether to transfer my game or not. I don't really feel like starting from scratch but I don't carry my iPod with me the way I do my phone.

What would you guys do? And if you think I should transfer, could you direct me towards some instructions on how to do that?

Having both devices isn't a bad thing IMHO. And starting from scratch won't nearly be as bad as you've learned a few things on your android phone (like bread fire and water to get athletic before you become elegable for the Magic!!) and you can do better.

There is a thread about "Getting rich for new players" Follow it and have two accounts. Just a thought.

kwhales
01-31-13, 05:54 PM
I think transferring it back and forth would be a pain. Sollia, you could transfer your main game to your new device and continue to build that island and then (I think) start a new game on your android device. By the time you have a decent island going, android may be caught up to IOS.

kurebiz
01-31-13, 06:03 PM
Transfer it for a while to get the new features, then transfer back. Get the best of both worlds. Low food cost and the new updates.

tonguelashing
01-31-13, 06:06 PM
Transfer it for a while to get the new features, then transfer back. Get the best of both worlds. Low food cost and the new updates.

Best of both worlds is play on both. Just have to choose a 2nd storm ID.

sollia
01-31-13, 07:36 PM
Speaking of a 2nd ID, I was entering mine and hit enter too early. If I contact support will they let me change my ID just once?

kooky panda
01-31-13, 09:20 PM
Speaking of a 2nd ID, I was entering mine and hit enter too early. If I contact support will they let me change my ID just once?
Yes, they should be able to help you change your storm ID.