PDA

View Full Version : Buy Diamond or Diamond Hybrid?

aceblade
01-31-13, 02:14 PM
Once I've saved up enough gold, I had planned to buy a Diamond dragon. Mostly because I'd like to have one and I'm not sure how long it will take for me to achieve one thru breeding.

That said, is it wisest to purchase a Diamond or one of the Diamond hybrids?
Is it simply a matter of personal preference or do they all have different rarities when it comes to breeding?

Baraze
01-31-13, 02:16 PM
You can breed the hybrids with the pure diamond. It's not so easy to breed other hybrids, using another diamond hybrid.

What level are you? I'd keep trying to get a diamond up until that moment comes when you've saved up.m

aceblade
01-31-13, 02:28 PM
I'm level 89.

lollipop_rp
01-31-13, 02:30 PM
Just got a diamond in my other acct. this is my noob acct.
I used scare crow x pink, I know it's a weir dcombo but yeah...

Horntail21
01-31-13, 02:52 PM
Definitely don't buy a hybrid IMO. You can buy the diamond and breed the hybrids. Personally I'd buy the infinity but that's just because I can't get one.

doop01
01-31-13, 05:16 PM
If you gonna buy one, def get the diamond I think. The quetzel and crusader are relatively easy to get after you get a diamond. Very small fail times, you dont mind trying over a nd over for them. Once I finally got my diamond I had the other two on the go in about a week. Still trying for my gold at this stage :)

tonguelashing
01-31-13, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't buy any dragon you can breed (or craft for those of you on iOS). Just wait it out, it's part of the fun/challenge is trying to breed the dragon. Once you have a diamond, the other diamond hybrids come relatively easily. Some (like mercury and anubis) take longer because the potential fail times are high, but easy for crusader, Quetzal, and not too bad for gold (2 hr failures).

Just keep at it. I was trying forever to get diamond and it finally happened when I least expected it to.

Takiofallen
01-31-13, 06:55 PM
Very simple answer by one of the 2 pure diamonds. If you buy a hybrid you will not be able to breed the other diamond hybrids.

davewin
01-31-13, 08:01 PM
A pure diamond is the way to go.

kwhales
01-31-13, 08:10 PM
I'd go with infinity. Diamonds seem to be more obtainable lately. But, I wouldn't buy any dragon that I could breed.

sweetstuff525
01-31-13, 08:54 PM
Don't buy an infinity If you want to use it to breed diamond hybrids.... Because infinity is not able to be in breeding den no more in the v day update app... It's by design so mostly will get updated in other versions

Baraze
01-31-13, 09:12 PM
Don't buy an infinity If you want to use it to breed diamond hybrids.... Because infinity is not able to be in breeding den no more in the v day update app... It's by design so mostly will get updated in other versions

I Didn't notice that since Im giving mines a rest. But it has to be yet another bug. First I couldn't use the gemstone dragons and not infinity?! Crazy. But he can still buy it and just switch between the new as old version. I had to do this to breed the left/right hearts.

Overall, save the gold, if possible and jus use it to speed up failed breedings. Good luck! BUT if you buy, like we said, never get a hybrid.

kwhales
02-01-13, 03:58 AM

I forgot I read this earlier. I wonder why you can't breed infinity on v version.

sweetstuff525
02-01-13, 05:18 AM
I Didn't notice that since Im giving mines a rest. But it has to be yet another bug. First I couldn't use the gemstone dragons and not infinity?! Crazy. But he can still buy it and just switch between the new as old version. I had to do this to breed the left/right hearts.

Overall, save the gold, if possible and jus use it to speed up failed breedings. Good luck! BUT if you buy, like we said, never get a hybrid.
One of the tl staff said it was by design ... So definitely not a bug
Yeah he can switch back until they update the other version

kwhales
02-01-13, 06:39 AM

Yay, by design, but...........................why?

aceblade
02-01-13, 08:11 AM
Thank you for your advice everyone. Very helpful!
:)

Takiofallen
02-01-13, 06:44 PM
This explains the diamond boom december

aurora829
02-02-13, 04:52 AM
Weird thing happened to me, trying for ceaser dragon, paired fuzzy and air and it tells me what is in breeding den is 2 days and 25 gold. Is it a diamond? Weird if i got it with this combo, its not 4 elements. Is there anything else it can be?

Add me aurora829

Lolas_Kryptonite
02-02-13, 05:05 AM
Weird thing happened to me, trying for ceaser dragon, paired fuzzy and air and it tells me what is in breeding den is 2 days and 25 gold. Is it a diamond? Weird if i got it with this combo, its not 4 elements. Is there anything else it can be?

Add me aurora829

You sure it wasn't 26 gold?
2 days/26 gold is Pegasus.

aurora829
02-02-13, 06:12 AM
It could have been, thanks, i was confused, didnt think it was a diamond.