PDA

View Full Version : My DS is crashing ever since the Caesar dragon has appeared?

WayneLovesNatalie
01-31-13, 11:55 AM
Every time I try to load up a challenge or view a dragon in the shop, it freezes completely. Obviously Im an android user, stuff like this would never happen to iOS users.

beccawt
01-31-13, 12:07 PM
Everytime I click on anything dragon story force closes.Taking my coins but I'm not getting what I wanted.also not getting the credit for complete goals. On kindle fire.Have force stop, uninstalled, hard close nothing is helping! What can I do to get this fixed?

tonguelashing
01-31-13, 12:14 PM
Every time I try to load up a challenge or view a dragon in the shop, it freezes completely. Obviously Im an android user, stuff like this would never happen to iOS users.

Actually, I understand some iOS users are having trouble too.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 12:21 PM
When I open DS on my kindle fire the first thing that pops up is my news feed. When I close out that screen the dialog box containing this message opens.

"Success!" - "Remember, thou art rare! You'll need a triumvirate of colors t breed this Imperial Caesar Dragon!"

After I click on OK the game then crashes. Everytime, I have tried resetting my kindle fire, restarting it and nothing works. If I close out the box by clicking on the "x" then it closes out and I can collect coins, check my wall and goals but if I open the dragon store the game crashes. HELP !

egonieser
01-31-13, 12:22 PM
Same story for me and my girlfriends tablet. Opening store - crash, accepting Caesar quest - crash, missing a section in store and many other problems since the update.

WayneLovesNatalie
01-31-13, 12:22 PM
I've noticed that DS: New Dawn does not have any problems. So I now have to play that version until they fix the original.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 12:25 PM
Everytime I click on anything dragon story force closes.Taking my coins but I'm not getting what I wanted.also not getting the credit for complete goals. On kindle fire.Have force stop, uninstalled, hard close nothing is helping! What can I do to get this fixed?

Same exact thing I am experiencing. I have posted a thread in the bugs and feedback section and I am contacting support via email.

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 12:28 PM
We are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for the report. Sorry for any inconvenience. ^_^

Same exact thing I am experiencing. I have posted a thread in the bugs and feedback section and I am contacting support via email.

There's currently no need to email Support. We're currently looking into the issue. :)

hamadrys
01-31-13, 12:29 PM
On Kindle Fire. Game is crahing if I hit "continue" on the pop up or try to open Market.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 12:33 PM
We are currently investigating this issue. Thank you for the report. Sorry for any inconvenience. ^_^

There's currently no need to email Support. We're currently looking into the issue. :)

Thank you PonyRoar !! Your awesome, I did not get the email sent off as I seen your very fast response. Let us know when the get it resolved. Thanks

MomsHouseofSweets
01-31-13, 12:36 PM
Mine crashed 3 times and then straightened out. I restarted each time ... now it's fine (knock on wood).

profsink
01-31-13, 12:37 PM
I've noticed that DS: New Dawn does not have any problems. So I now have to play that version until they fix the original.

Yeah, same story on my Nexus7. New Dawn, no problems. Dragon Story, Market missing Habitats, crashes when opening Dragons.

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 12:41 PM
Yeah, same story on my Nexus7. New Dawn, no problems. Dragon Story, Market missing Habitats, crashes when opening Dragons.

New Dawn is not affected by the issue. If New Dawn is available to you, you can play New Dawn while we work on the crashing issue.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 12:49 PM
I can exit the dialog box and play my game as long as I do not try to view the dragons in the market. Is it wise to go ahead and breed for this or does the dragon not officially become available until the dialog box is accepted?

Anji330
01-31-13, 12:58 PM
New Dawn is not affected by the issue. If New Dawn is available to you, you can play New Dawn while we work on the crashing issue.

I'm using New Dawn and it happens there for me. Crashes on the dragon intro if I click OK. Clicking the x bypasses that. There is no "Featured" in the market and clicking on Dragons (and Decor, so far) force closes the game. It also happens in the other version.

pinkster73
01-31-13, 12:59 PM
Is it time for this pic? I've been saving it.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-21.jpg

WayneLovesNatalie
01-31-13, 01:01 PM
Thank you PonyRoar

fentail
01-31-13, 01:05 PM
Same problem. If I click continue in the dialogue box of the Caesar dragon the game crashes. If I click on the X there is no problem.

If I go to the market and want to view the dragons or any other item (decor etc.), crash.

I play New Dawn on Android. I have also noticed the different pictures in the markets have a new position. So I think the problem is related to the market.

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 01:05 PM
I'm using New Dawn and it happens there for me. Crashes on the dragon intro if I click OK. Clicking the x bypasses that. There is no "Featured" in the market and clicking on Dragons (and Decor, so far) force closes the game. It also happens in the other version.

Did you download your version of the game from the Amazon store?

Is it time for this pic? I've been saving it.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-21.jpg

Technically, it's inaccurate. Admins and GMs aren't engineers or tech ops. I'm not versed in the complex technical aspects so putting my pony hooves where they don't belong would be bad news bears. D:

pinkster73
01-31-13, 01:07 PM
Did you download your version of the game from the Amazon store?

Technically, it's inaccurate. Admins and GMs aren't engineers or tech ops. I'm not versed in the complex technical aspects so putting my pony hooves where they don't belong would be bad news bears. D:

Oh OK. I'll save this pic for something else then. :p

Magikot
01-31-13, 01:08 PM
I use nd all the time (less laggy on my phone). When I tapped continue on the success pop up, phone froze for a minute then came back. Sped up the current breeding pair to try for Caesar. First and second attempt to breed light + elf the similar things happened. Soon as I tapped breed my game froze for over a minute, then rolled back (like out of sync). First time it rolled back I did not get an out of sync message. My spent gold was back and the pair (yellow + blue) I had been breeding was back in the breeding den. Second breeding: used same pair (light + elf), soon as I tapped breed it froze again. Only this time I did receive an out of sync message. Rest was the same as the previous attempt. Third breeding attempt worked. I can't help but wonder if the first two roll back were because I did manage to get Caesar and the third worked because it was an existing dragons (got 10 hr breeding time).

Did not download nd from Amazon marketplace, only use google play.

emergRN
01-31-13, 01:10 PM
happening to me as well. on samsung galaxy tab 10.1. i can do everything fine until i open the market and click on any tab which is when it decides to fore clise...both ds and ds nd are affected. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall with no change

MomsHouseofSweets
01-31-13, 01:16 PM
My Android tablet is ok, but my Android phone, no. The phone continues to crash. I uninstalled and re-installed twice. Still crashing. I'm using the New Dawn app.

peytot
01-31-13, 01:28 PM
Both original and new dawn crashed when I tap a menu from the market. The market is acting weird! :))

sulo75
01-31-13, 01:30 PM
I also have this problem on my samsung galaxy s3.
Market crashes..
Right when I wanted to buy a light dragon :(

beccawt
01-31-13, 01:48 PM
Same thing is happening to me.I have a kindle fire.Have tryed everything I can think of.

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 02:05 PM
The Caesar Dragon has been disabled for Android and Kindle for now while we sort the issue. You should no longer experience crashes when you visit the Market.

Anji330
01-31-13, 02:06 PM
Did you download your version of the game from the Amazon store

I'm using the version from 1MobileMarket, which I believe gets them from GooglePlay. It's ver. 1.0.5.4.2 and I'm running Android ICS 4.0.3.

fentail
01-31-13, 03:05 PM
Yes, problems with the market are gone. For info: I also use google play and have an automatic update for ds when new content is released.

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 04:11 PM
The issue has been resolved. The Caesar Dragon is now available in the Market and users will not crash when they visit the Market.

emergRN
01-31-13, 05:05 PM
The issue has been resolved. The Caesar Dragon is now available in the Market and users will not crash when they visit the Market.

thanks pony ;) ;) ;)

GavGav2
01-31-13, 05:09 PM

Thank you, I wisely waited and didn't tie up the breeding den and scored Caesar on my first attempt with epic Light and Fruitful :) I am so very happy as this is the first time I have ever got the rare or super rare dragon I wanted on the first attempt.

Magikot
01-31-13, 05:17 PM

Hooray!! Thank you for letting us know Pony!

doobert
01-31-13, 05:28 PM
I cant get past the goal screen...crashes every time..droid x2

Dycle
02-01-13, 02:20 AM

I'm having the same problem, the game crashes as soon as I touch continue on for the new goal; Android 2.3.4

kooky panda
02-01-13, 06:13 AM

I'm having the same problem, the game crashes as soon as I touch continue on for the new goal; Android 2.3.4
Try restarting your device. If still issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Dycle
02-01-13, 02:24 PM
Try restarting your device. If still issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

It let me get a little farther but still crashes very quickly after loading.

kooky panda
02-01-13, 03:11 PM
It let me get a little farther but still crashes very quickly after loading.

Try moving your game to your SD can if you can. Also try to use a task ****er for all your background apps.
If you still are crashing, send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check you game.

Sphinx08
02-01-13, 05:03 PM
Hey, Pony and Kooky, all of my editions crash on a regular basis, but Valentine's has been the worst so far. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling; resetting my device; everything I can think of. If I try to do more than one thing (for example, I can't collect coins and request maps), it crashes. And now with Valentine's, I've tried five times to requests cards for the goal, and every time it goes badly. Is this just me? I feel like I'm going crazy here. And the same things happen on New Dawn. If you have ANY suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!! I love the game, but get so frustrated playing.

Motorola RazR Maxx

kooky panda
02-01-13, 05:11 PM
Hey, Pony and Kooky, all of my editions crash on a regular basis, but Valentine's has been the worst so far. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling; resetting my device; everything I can think of. If I try to do more than one thing (for example, I can't collect coins and request maps), it crashes. And now with Valentine's, I've tried five times to requests cards for the goal, and every time it goes badly. Is this just me? I feel like I'm going crazy here. And the same things happen on New Dawn. If you have ANY suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!! I love the game, but get so frustrated playing.

Motorola RazR Maxx

You can try uninstalling all the version except the Valentine version to see if this help.

You can always reinstall them later.
Have you checked to make sure your RazR has the most current version?

Sphinx08
02-01-13, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I'm on ICS; I can't get Jellybean yet. I don't have ND installed right now, but I'll uninstall Original to see if that helps. Thanks for the feedback!

Debbidebs63
02-02-13, 07:04 PM
I am also having problems with game freezing. I'm not able to visit nbrs or even stay on for long, sometimes I can go to market, but not consistently. I thought originally it was a nbr (had a similar prb & when I deleted nbr, prb resolved) but I have deleted my new nbrs & still having issues. Thank you.

Debbidebs63
02-02-13, 10:11 PM
I have restarted & all that too, still having prbs.

Debbidebs63
02-03-13, 02:11 PM

I am able to go to market, breed, evolve now, but still unable to visit certain neighbors. Have tried on both versions. Do you have any suggestions for me please? I really miss my nbrs. Thank you

sweetstuff525
02-03-13, 02:13 PM
I think I'll give up on this dragon for a while... It's not limited time right? I'm reall tired of sunrise after sunrise and sunrise I think I've gotten 10 sunrises 2 fairy 2 fruitfuls

MariaVamp
02-04-13, 08:50 AM
I think common hybrids shouldnt take so much time... Like freaking sunrise! why 24 hours? Its all ready hard to hit a rare/ultra rare hybrid, no need to w8 the common ones for ages...

Debbidebs63
02-04-13, 12:59 PM
Ponyroar, I am still having prbs. I have uninstalled, reinstalled all 3 versions. I have removed battery & sim card. I have shut phone off & it is still the same. I can collect although not every time. I can send gifts, breed, evolve & go to market. Sometimes I can go to low lvl farms to visit, but not consistenly. I love this game, but this is very frustrating. I'm losing my social lvl, I was @ 4, now I'm almost 2. Please help. Thank you.

Debbidebs63
02-04-13, 01:04 PM
This happens on all 3 versions, I'm using android and my island name is sanctuary. My id is debbidebs63. Thanks.

doobert
02-05-13, 06:02 AM
Ever since the stupid "Rate it 5 Stars" pop-up appeared, my DS is crashing. Valentines edition has so far been the smoothest running DS I have had, up until now...Droid X2. Funny how right after the Rate pop-up comes.....it constantly crashes....yeah sure I'll rate it 5 Stars!!