PDA

View Full Version : farm , food strategy

7Riptide
01-30-13, 10:35 PM
which food did you prefer? i need a lots of foods for my dragons and i got the max level of farm , i used to buy 325 foods for 8 hours , which is yours?

btw i cant afford the 800 food and 75k right now

azychan
01-30-13, 10:45 PM
I usually grow pumpwings 225 food and diamondates 800 food, both take 5 hours. I don't have time to check my island every 30 minutes or an hour, so I choose 5 hours

DragonHeart0
01-31-13, 10:13 AM
I haven't yet purchased an enchanted farm and before I do I am wondering if the food it produces is more expensive than the regular farms? I notice that as the production increases in the regular farms, the cost per unit also increases - so that for impruberries the cost per apple unit is 5 coins each, for firapples is 13 coins each and for scalypears is 18.5 coins each. Can someone please tell me what the cost is for the production in an enchanted farm?

Thanks!

DragonHeart0
01-31-13, 11:02 AM
I haven't yet purchased an enchanted farm and before I do I am wondering if the food it produces is more expensive than the regular farms? I notice that as the production increases in the regular farms, the cost per unit also increases - so that for impruberries the cost per apple unit is 5 coins each, for firapples is 13 coins each and for scalypears is 18.5 coins each. Can someone please tell me what the cost is for the production in an enchanted farm?

Thanks!

I guess another important question is does the production per time unit increase as significantly as it does when you move from the small to the large farm?

betsyb514
01-31-13, 12:17 PM
I grow buff beets! In the 3 minute wait time I go visit 10 neighbors. I have 300+ neighbors I visit just about every day. So that is 30 batches of beets x 120 (all 6 farms) = 3600 in food just while I am visiting my neighbors. I do the same thing when answering them. If I am going to go do something I will usually grow fire apples. I get in the neighborhood of 10,000 food a day. Good luck!!!

DragonHeart0
01-31-13, 01:01 PM
I grow buff beets! In the 3 minute wait time I go visit 10 neighbors. I have 300+ neighbors I visit just about every day. So that is 30 batches of beets x 120 (all 6 farms) = 3600 in food just while I am visiting my neighbors. I do the same thing when answering them. If I am going to go do something I will usually grow fire apples. I get in the neighborhood of 10,000 food a day. Good luck!!!

Thanks Betsy, That's exactly the kind of thing that I have been doing. I don't get quite as much as I only have 3 farms currently. Do you have/use any 'enchanted' farm food at all?

davewin
01-31-13, 01:10 PM
I used to do all Pumpwings when I was a lower level. Now I just do all diamondates.

aceblade
01-31-13, 01:29 PM
I grow Upgrapes.
Pricey... but fast! It was helpful for feeding my 10 light hybrid dragons that I wanted to get to max level.

When I don't need food, I usually stick to Pumpwings during the day and... the bamboo looking one when I go to sleep. The 8 hour one.

betsyb514
01-31-13, 01:44 PM
Thanks Betsy, That's exactly the kind of thing that I have been doing. I don't get quite as much as I only have 3 farms currently. Do you have/use any 'enchanted' farm food at all?

Only over night. You can visit my island if you like, same as my ID here. I have been playing since the end of October. Get those last three farms as soon as you can! So many of the new dragons take the x5 food now. Good luck!

DragonHeart0
01-31-13, 01:48 PM
Thanks everyone, for your thoughts and help.

I am right at that turning point (30 dragons) where I am beginning to make more coin and can start to afford to pay more for food that is less labour intensive - at least when I am not going to be on-line anyway. Will have a new farm in construction by tmo :) and be looking forward to more epics joining the ranks!

doop01
01-31-13, 02:03 PM
I've got heaps of coins now so usually do diamondates at least once a day. But before when I was at a lower level and had no food or coins I used to spend 10 mins or so going round and round my farms planting and harvesting the 30 second food. You only get 6 per farm each but after doing that for a while you could get 100's or even 1000's that way in a relatively short time. Best value when you poor coz they are also the cheapest crop per each food. Hope this can help someone :)

sand
02-13-13, 06:15 AM
The cost per fruit with enchanted crops is 80 to 94 coins, compared to 5-13 coins per fruit on the small farms.

sand
02-13-13, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know how much gold it costs to speed up diamondates. I really need to rush my sweepstakes Cupid.

betsyb514
02-13-13, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone, for your thoughts and help.

I am right at that turning point (30 dragons) where I am beginning to make more coin and can start to afford to pay more for food that is less labour intensive - at least when I am not going to be on-line anyway. Will have a new farm in construction by tmo :) and be looking forward to more epics joining the ranks!

Yeah!!!