PDA

View Full Version : How Team Lava should compensate Android/Kindle users.

GavGav2
01-30-13, 10:06 PM
It has been several months now that iOS users have enjoyed things like dragon album, gold/boost tree, pink dragons/habitats, extra goals and reward items. The only compensation android/kindle users get is reduced food costs to evolve dragons and reduced big habitat costs. Many kindle/android users agree that this is not nearly enough compensation. So I propose Team Lava actually do something more to make up for the long delays in getting updates. What more would you like to see TL do?

codenamezebra
01-30-13, 10:15 PM
This is a loaded question ... more power to ya for having the khones to post it... I would like them to discount gold and those big red and green habitats and upgrade our capacity as by the time we get pink many of us may not have room for new habitats I only have two left saving them for pink then I found out we are getting a habitat with v-day so that leaves only room for 1 pink....maybe they should just give us something when they release it like a free treasure cave or a free craftable dragon or two... not sure it really is a difficult and sensitive issue....

GavGav2
01-30-13, 10:21 PM
You make a good point about increasing the capacity of habitats. I actually thought of increasing the coin capacity of them for android users. I understand we pay less for feeding dragons in compensation for not having the coin boost feature, however, I think just giving us a permanent coin boost to our habitats along with lower feeding progressions would be a great idea. I hope I have not broken a rule posting this poll, I am a new user and have seen other polls around here so why not? Perhaps I should have put it in the feedback section? If so, perhaps a mod can move it for me and I will promise to learn my lesson (like I said I am new).

codenamezebra
01-30-13, 10:32 PM
Not sure where it should be..might be fine here lol.... it is an interesting question... I hope everyone takes it for just that...a question...and not interpret it negatively :/ good luck! It is frustrating being an android user most of the time!

profsink
01-30-13, 10:38 PM
You forgot the correct answer - Nothing.

The higher food costs are a good thing. Extends the gameplay experience.

Limited Editions have to be, you know, Limited. Defeats the purpose entirely otherwise.

They already did extra gold discounted sales for Android.

...that last one doesn't even make sense... Crafted dragons are free when you have a Spell Shop and Trading Portal. Unless you mean "take away more play experience from Android by giving them Gemstone Dragons rather than letting them craft them."

Nothing, that is what compensation is best. Just get Android in true parity with iOS and keep it that way, thanks.

GavGav2
01-30-13, 10:42 PM
I think TL knows we are unhappy so no reason for people to use this thread to complain. I want this thread for people to suggest ways for Team Lava to do more to compensate us. We need to let it be known that they need to do more and instead of just whining and complaining we should suggest how they can make it up to us. Maybe they will agree to give us a permanent gold sale, bring back LE dragons or give us free coin boosts... Something needs to be offered to the community to mend the harsh feelings. If something is not done soon, they will lose paying customers...

GavGav2
01-30-13, 10:45 PM
...that last one doesn't even make sense... Crafted dragons are free when you have a Spell Shop and Trading Portal. Unless you mean "take away more play experience from Android by giving them Gemstone Dragons rather than letting them craft them."

Android users have to BUY crafted dragons with gold. What I mean is that until we can actually craft them then instead of charging gold bars for ruby, emerald, sapphire etc etc they should let us purchase them with coins or gift them to us instead of asking for gold in order to get them.

profsink
01-30-13, 10:51 PM
Android users have to BUY crafted dragons with gold. What I mean is that until we can actually craft them then instead of charging gold bars for ruby, emerald, sapphire etc etc they should let us purchase them with coins or gift them to us instead of asking for gold in order to get them.

And then, if we finally ever get the crafting update, what would be the point? It's all been given to you already, you wouldn't have any use for the update. We want more gameplay, not less, correct?

GavGav2
01-30-13, 11:04 PM
And then, if we finally ever get the crafting update, what would be the point? It's all been given to you already, you wouldn't have any use for the update. We want more gameplay, not less, correct?

Yes more gameplay is good and perhaps the crafted dragons being free is a bad idea. I don't understand whats so bad about giving us more gold sales that iOS does not get or extending the Limited Edition dragons longer for Android users. For example, the new heart dragons are already available to the iOS users and it might be a week or longer until Android gets them. So lets say the new valentines dragons go away on March 1st, whats wrong with letting android keep them for the same amount of time they were delayed to us?

azychan
01-30-13, 11:07 PM
I think I don't need any compensation, TL just has to make android version catchs up ios version. That's enough.
And I agree with profsink, if the food costs won't increase when we get the boost buildings, the game will become boring. Now I have 200k food and 10 million coins for nothing. Moreover, limited editions must be as they were called, if they are permanent for android, they will lose their variety. So on for gold discount and gemstone dragons, if we have trading and crafting building, we can craft them for free.

GavGav2
01-30-13, 11:15 PM
What I meant by making limited dragons permanent is that they should remain available until the updates come. Not permanent forever, unless of course we never get the updates.

kurebiz
01-31-13, 02:09 AM
Disagree. Don't need any form of compensation, what I'd be hoping for is that in future, when they release new updates, I hope in time to come it'd be possible for both platforms to get it on the same day (or a couple of days apart, at most)

Releasing the crafted dragon free to us would mean the crafting features would become useless.

not increasing food costs will make the game too easy, as it is, my money and food pile just keeps increasing.

I don't buy gold so gold sales wouldn't matter to me. If you're not happy with their service, just don't buy gold. They did not force you to buy it.

remember, this started off as an IOS game. So I'll say, give them time to let android catch up. If in the future, this problem still persists, you could always quit the game if playing this game makes you unhappy. They don't owe us anything.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 02:23 AM
not increasing food costs will make the game too easy, as it is, my money and food pile just keeps increasing.

Sure but your probably a super high level who has been playing a long time. What about those of us that have only been playing a few months and do not have huge stores of food. You came up with cheap food and were able to increase your income to the point your at now. New players are punished with high food costs and can't progress at the same rate you did. That is not very considerate of new players. A lot of people on this forum seem selfish to me.... they get to level 94 or whatever and start begging for the game to be made more difficult so to prolong gameplay yet do not care that it cripples new players ability to have the same chance to progress that they did in the beginning.

salinho
01-31-13, 03:18 AM
I voted on the food, although I think the biggest beneficiaries of this would be the more recent players, and mot exactly the long-term ones (higher levels) who have been waiting for longer time.

Another idea could be to reduce the prices of clearing that really expensive folliage, or reducing waiting time for expansions. Bt on the other hand, if expansions become too fast that also sprt of reduces playability.

A good thing would be some extra gold. Say, making goals such as "craft your first sapphire and earn 20 gold!" Or "breed your pink + light hybrid and get 20 gold!"
That would be nicest, making 3 goals like that, or so. There's that goal in the album for 20 gold, but a few extras wouldn't hurt. :)

idestined
01-31-13, 03:28 AM
None. Of course, Team Lava could make you a button which creates any dragon you want in the game for free, but you will find that you are very bored with the game very quickly.

moosehay
01-31-13, 04:09 AM
Personally, I think a line of android dragons would be most appropriate. Breedable only on android (that would include kindle, of course) and released one per month until parity is actually achieved. They can be something like android patience, android appreciation, etc... then we would need a 1 habitat increase for every 3 released.

After Android is caught up, they could do something like an idroid for everybody.

I don't really think any of the options in the poll would be appropriate so I didn't vote for any.

habibass
01-31-13, 04:13 AM
This is ridiculous. tL gives you a free game and you ask compensation. Maybe TL should buy you all ipads and iphones?

kurebiz
01-31-13, 05:20 AM
Sure but your probably a super high level who has been playing a long time. What about those of us that have only been playing a few months and do not have huge stores of food. You came up with cheap food and were able to increase your income to the point your at now. New players are punished with high food costs and can't progress at the same rate you did. That is not very considerate of new players. A lot of people on this forum seem selfish to me.... they get to level 94 or whatever and start begging for the game to be made more difficult so to prolong gameplay yet do not care that it cripples new players ability to have the same chance to progress that they did in the beginning.

what level are you? thats why you should take this time to focus on getting your light hybrids to epic. asking for compensation isn't going to help things.
they could probably have increased the food costs for us too, but they did not.

besides, they don't owe you anything. so why should they compensate you?

permanent low food costs? what about the new iOS players? its going to give rise to a huge set of problems if they do that when we get parity.

This is ridiculous. tL gives you a free game and you ask compensation. Maybe TL should buy you all ipads and iphones?

exactly.

emergRN
01-31-13, 05:50 AM
at first i thought this was a ridiculous thread with a silly poll. i understand how u feel and i know it sucks right now being android and playing ds. oh wait, it doesn't suck!! we have a free game that is offered to us, that is fun and challenging! if i am a chef at a restaurant am i expected to pay u to come eat at my restaurant if i do not serve the food u like? heck no.

giving droids dragons that only we can breed is like punishing ios users...but don't forget...it isn't ios users' fault! TL has said multiple times that they are trying. that is all we can ask of them. if they said "no, we don't really care about the droids and we will not be expanding our company to include the droid users" then i would take my business elsewhere.

in the end, i agree to having a thread to give tl ideas for improving the game but we really don't need to expand the gap between the platforms any more than it already is. don't get me wrong..love the gold sale idea but don't agree to offering it solely to androids.

ps. almost all other companies do not have a forum that ppl can come and offer their great ideas and give feedback like tl does...at least they give us that right? geez, i sound like the biggest cheerleader for tl lol. happy playing dragon keepers :-)

GavGav2
01-31-13, 06:31 AM

Let me get this straight... you think this is a "free game"? Well when I buy gold with real money it no longer becomes free. At that point I become a paying customer and you want to take my right away to tell TL that if they want me to continue to be a paying customer they need to do something?

It goes like this. I paid for some gold because I enjoyed the game, now the game becomes less enjoyable so I come here and tell TL that they are about to lose my business unless they fix things. Got it?

kooky panda
01-31-13, 06:39 AM
There is already a current Feedback thread for android/Kindle fire parity. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45351-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-(continued)&highlight=android+parity) You can provide your constructive feedback there.