PDA

View Full Version : Time to start selling Diamonds

Darkstorm2
01-30-13, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the large diamond habitats that every one has asked for. The valentines edition is cute, has more dragons to breed, and was a great opportunity for you to give the players some of the other things we suggest... Oh wait.... You didn't give us a large diamond habitat... So, to all my non diamond dragon players out there I apologize. I am about to sell a diamond dragon egg for 100 coins!!! Thanks TL!!!

Skip2TheEnd
01-30-13, 12:55 AM
How many diamonds dragons do you own?

ivanazagreb
01-30-13, 01:10 AM
You could send some my way.... ;)

bos681
01-30-13, 02:26 AM
And its not even possible to throw them in de trading portal! Tried a anubis and all i get was some nether dust! Wauw.... Hope there will be an update soon with more habitats!!

doop01
01-30-13, 02:41 AM
Agree that there needs to be a large diamond habitat. I bet if one is released tho you gotta pay with gold. The thing is you can only trim down the other colours so much, then you gotta start getting rid of dragons you don't want to

Baraze
01-30-13, 02:44 AM
I have four diamonds, two infinities and six hybrids. I'm selling commons left and right (pun intended) and trading my duplicate super rares. Because I refuse to get rid of a diamond even though I am losing space.

Darkstorm2
01-30-13, 03:54 AM
I accidentally bred two more diamonds.. Ugh. 6 diamonds, 4 infinities, 7 hybrids, I'm selling off commons also... But im at a loss... We gave them ideas and they had a chance with this update. Oh well my album is emptying :(

salinho
01-30-13, 04:02 AM
I accidentally bred two more diamonds.. Ugh. 6 diamonds, 4 infinities, 7 hybrids, I'm selling off commons also... But im at a loss... We gave them ideas and they had a chance with this update. Oh well my album is emptying :(

I wish I had an excess of diamonds. I don't even have one. Oh well.

But yeah. i agree that there needs to be a two-space diamond fields.

mammami08
01-30-13, 04:14 AM
I really like to keep one of each dragon. I do have two duplicats one diamond and one zombie. I had to put one of the diamondhybrids in an ordianry colored habitat to day. You can't have all diamondhybrids in diamondfeilds and still have one of each dragon. We really need more habitats (rais the cap) or big diamond feilds, and we need it NOW.

With four new dragons released this week there is no way i can fit them if i dont sell diamond habitats and put the hybrids in ordinary colored habitats. But that kind of sucks... I want my diamondhybrids on diamond feilds.

mammami08
01-30-13, 04:15 AM
Oh, and i forgot to say i have sold of 3 diamonds for 100 coins :( :( :(

kwhales
01-30-13, 04:32 AM
Wait, you get 100 coins for diamond? Geez, i sold a water and got 1000 coins. Doesn't seem right.

Baraze
01-30-13, 04:47 AM
I really like to keep one of each dragon. I do have two duplicats one diamond and one zombie. I had to put one of the diamondhybrids in an ordianry colored habitat to day. You can't have all diamondhybrids in diamondfeilds and still have one of each dragon. We really need more habitats (rais the cap) or big diamond feilds, and we need it NOW.

With four new dragons released this week there is no way i can fit them if i dont sell diamond habitats and put the hybrids in ordinary colored habitats. But that kind of sucks... I want my diamondhybrids on diamond feilds.

Five dragons! My gosh. It will be a long weekend. Fun, but with the fail times a major headache. Because we want and need large diamond fields I think we will eventually get one soon. For gold....

I also wanted one of school dragon but unless they give new rewards In the dragon album I won't bother anymore. Ill keep the super rares and some rares I like.

Baraze
01-30-13, 04:48 AM
Wait, you get 100 coins for diamond? Geez, i sold a water and got 1000 coins. Doesn't seem right.

What's worse is that on iOS you get xp when you sell a dragon out of the nest. On android we get nada. Always thought that was unfair. But yeah, the rarity of the dragon should allow us to sell it for a profit. Water dragon gives the most money? Really?! Silly.

lacey52
01-30-13, 04:53 AM
I am not trying for any valentine dragons until they give us more habitats. I only have three diamonds, and I am not selling them or sacrificing the little open spots I have for anything other than the diamonds I am still trying for. If I give in, I will start selling all my unique common dragons, first. At least if in the future I get more habitats, I know I can easily get those back.

stoogehunter
01-30-13, 05:09 AM
What's worse is that on iOS you get xp when you sell a dragon out of the nest. On android we get nada. Always thought that was unfair. But yeah, the rarity of the dragon should allow us to sell it for a profit. Water dragon gives the most money? Really?! Silly.

Um, I don't get xp for selling my dragons. All I get is 100 coins.

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
01-30-13, 05:14 AM

I've never gotten any xp for selling on my iPhone or iPad, only coin... And I have 2 different versions of the game (I say that bc on my iPad dragons evolve at lvl 6 and iPhone evolve at lvl 3.)

nylear13
01-30-13, 05:23 AM
Um, I don't get xp for selling my dragons. All I get is 100 coins.

you get XP when you place them in a habitat.

My 3 diamonds are unplanned accidents, but I'm sure as hell not going to sell any of them. am currently at 31/35 habitats and still missing 4 diamond hybrids + 1 infinity, not to mention the non diamonds I'm still missing and the pinks/passions to come(hopefully?) :( whats worse is that trading is not an option as of now since I'm on android, so if I really need the space I'll have to sell off my rare/super rares duplicates :( alr sold the duplicate commons long ago

really hoping to have an increase in habitat cap (or at the very least trading) soon

Baraze
01-30-13, 05:25 AM
You don't get xp when you sell a dragon out of the habitat. But you do get xp when you sell it straight out of the nest. On iOS I do but on my android I do not.

stoogehunter
01-30-13, 05:29 AM
You don't get xp when you sell a dragon out of the habitat. But you do get xp when you sell it straight out of the nest. On iOS I do but on my android I do not.

No. I don't get xp at all when selling them straight out of the nest.

iaweforfun
01-30-13, 06:37 AM
At least you have diamonds... Probably 40% of the DS population cant even get ONE. Ive been at like 94 for like 3 months, you will see i have like 30 dragons missing and no diamonds...

7Riptide
01-30-13, 07:29 AM
when will be it mu turn to have this problem :((

feels badman

angelaflame
01-30-13, 08:01 AM
Not trying to cause an argument here, but I honestly don't think large diamond habitats are needed. I currently have a diamond and 2 hybrids myself and I understand the purpose of the diamond habitats myself. They hold 20,000 coins! More than double of any other habitat in the game. That means if you have one of each hybrid type, plus the 2 pure diamonds, that's 9 habitats... or 180,000 coins you can collect every morning when you wake up, plus all your other habitats' earnings. Adding large habitats would just be over****, in my opinion.

salinho
01-30-13, 08:03 AM
Some people were lucky enough to breed MANY diamonds and/or infinities. ;) and they start running out of space. Let's be honest, who wouldn't like to keep 2 or 3 diamonds? Eheheh

angelaflame
01-30-13, 08:05 AM
Plus, even the lowest value Diamond-type dragon (at level 10) can fill the habitat to max in about 7 hours.

salinho
01-30-13, 08:06 AM
And i guess it's not even abput the money. After having pver 5 or 6 million coins, money is not a big issue xD

angelaflame
01-30-13, 08:08 AM
In this case, I would probably just build the 9 habitats right away and put the duplicate diamonds in them until I can replace them with the hybrids I'm missing. I wouldn't really complain about having too many of any type of diamond dragon and not enough habitats. That's just being greedy.

mammami08
01-30-13, 08:19 AM
Not trying to cause an argument here, but I honestly don't think large diamond habitats are needed. I currently have a diamond and 2 hybrids myself and I understand the purpose of the diamond habitats myself. They hold 20,000 coins! More than double of any other habitat in the game. That means if you have one of each hybrid type, plus the 2 pure diamonds, that's 9 habitats... or 180,000 coins you can collect every morning when you wake up, plus all your other habitats' earnings. Adding large habitats would just be over****, in my opinion.

I know about the economy of the game argument. I don't care about making money, i think all higher lvl players can agree to that it is not a problem to make the coins at higher lvl. So just add new habitats that can hold dragons but NOT cash then. That way it wouldn't effect the economy of the game but we were still able to keep our diamond dragons.

I have a good neighbor who have 10 diamonds, 3 infinitys and several of the diamond hybrids. He refuses to sell any of his diamonds. I can acctually undrestand at. If the diamond is supposed to be ultar rare and everybody wants to breed one why shouldn't you be able to keep yours if you are lucky enough to breed multiples?

As for myself i don't have a hoard of diamonds, i just have two. I might sell one of them and my extra zombie i'll probarbly trade, but still i can't fit the upcoming new dragons of this week. My only option is to put diamond hybrids into ordinary habitats, and in that case what is the point of diamond hybrids? They just takes looong time to breed, hatch and evolve. I think they should be special and go in diamond fields.

angelaflame
01-30-13, 08:41 AM
To me, I see this as a Pokemon-style game. The overall goal for me is to collect one of each dragon type. I really don't see a need to keep duplicates of anything, except as extra coin generators until you replace them with a dragon I am missing from my collection. I guess everyone is entitled to play it their own way, but ultimately TL makes the rules anyway.

mammami08
01-30-13, 08:49 AM
In this case, I would probably just build the 9 habitats right away and put the duplicate diamonds in them until I can replace them with the hybrids I'm missing. I wouldn't really complain about having too many of any type of diamond dragon and not enough habitats. That's just being greedy.

I'm sorry, i'm not trying to come of as greedy (and don't think i am). I give you a example: there are as to day 86 availabl dragons (including this weeks realese of left and right heart dragons, the ceasar dragon and passion dragon, i also includ the pasts LE:s and the three craftable ones). There are 9 diamond/infinify diamond hybrids kinds. We are today able to have 35 habitats. If you have all your diamond kinds in diamond fields tvat would leave you with 26 other habitats and those together can hold 78 other non diamond kinds of dragons. There are 77 different other non diamond kinds of dragons. So this week you could acctually fit all but as of next week you would be full.

The big concern is that you can not fit an extra dragon (no matter if it is common, rare or super rare) to trade, not if you have to evolv at lvl 3 anyway.

Everybody playes this game differently, for me the most importent thing and what gives me a challange is to have one of each, i can still do that and that meens the game is more or less over next week. For others the most importent thing is to have as many diamonds as possible and gets their thrills out of seeing that 44 hours/gold sign. That is not greedy that is just different prioritys, and we do have the right, no matter what to voice our wish for large diamond feilds (they don't even have to be able to hold more coins than the small ones) without beeing called greedy.

salinho
01-30-13, 09:45 AM
And there are the pink dragons in pink habitats, and this new passion pit. It starts getting a bit cluttered...they raised the habitat cap by five habitats, but soon that won't be enough. :p

cakeandpie
01-30-13, 10:03 AM
Good grief, how does anyone get even two diamonds/infinities, much less three, four, or MORE! I would love to have this "problem"; I don't even have ONE.

grondai
01-30-13, 01:51 PM
U guys want a large diamond habitat bu u have to be more specific to these tricksters. They might make a large habitat and charge 1000 gold for each. I'm still furious they would have 500g habitats for a regular dragon. Scam artists

betsyb514
01-30-13, 02:28 PM
I really think we need a place to store our extra dragons. If they keep adding habitats, we will eventually run out of land. If they make the Diamond habitats larger, they will look like everything else. If we want more coins, we need a Diamond boost building. It is great that iOS can trade in their duplicates, but it takes forever and my habitats are all full. It would be nice if android and kindle had a place to store theirs until they have the ability to trade, it is such a waste that all they can do is sell them. They don't even sell for much! So, a nice storage building or coral would be great!

Darkstorm2
01-30-13, 09:32 PM
I HAD every dragon... All but six in epic form. I started selling off single color dragons and now I'm selling off common hybrids... They are going before my diamonds. Don't y'all know, diamonds are a girls' best friend

enoch4
01-30-13, 10:15 PM
I HAD every dragon... All but six in epic form. I started selling off single color dragons and now I'm selling off common hybrids... They are going before my diamonds. Don't y'all know, diamonds are a girls' best friend

I've done the same thing. I have had an epic of each dragon, and thought a complete collection was my goal. I tried hard to keep my collection but as I bred more diamonds I had to choose, and it just felt easier to sell something like a forest or island rather than another diamond. So my album may not be complete but at least I owned epics of all the missing dragons at one time. Space limitations in this game are pretty frustrating, I get attached to my dragons and hate selling/trading them. Lol.

angelaflame
01-30-13, 11:14 PM
If your main problem is not enough habitat slots for 9 diamond fields, remember you can put the 7 diamond hybrids in normal habitats if you need to.

angelaflame
01-30-13, 11:17 PM
So if you keep 2 diamond fields for Diamond and Infinity, you can have a total of 101 dragons on your island. Of course you could also buy the premium habitats for gold and get even more dragons in there.

iaweforfun
01-30-13, 11:20 PM
Im not trying to start a fight or anything but... Why would someone want soo many diamonds and diamond hybrids. We get the point that you want big diamond fields... But why? Id say 4 diamonds is enough. you cant accidently breed a diamond unless your trying for it . One hybrid of all diamond is enough.. Someone had 8 quetzals all on diamond fields... Im mean really?

enoch4
01-30-13, 11:30 PM
Im not trying to start a fight or anything but... Why would someone want soo many diamonds and diamond hybrids. We get the point that you want big diamond fields... But why? Id say 4 diamonds is enough. you cant accidently breed a diamond unless your trying for it . One hybrid of all diamond is enough.. Someone had 8 quetzals all on diamond fields... Im mean really?

Trying for infinity I got 6 diamonds. So in that sense you can breed them on accident. I personally can't bear to sell them. So I moved my diamond hybrids into normal habitats and bid farewell to some common dragons. There's no wrong way to play, we each pick our priorities and sell what we have to in order to keep something else. It is totally cool if someone else plays differently than me.

angelaflame
01-30-13, 11:30 PM

Well, you can "accidentally" get a pure diamond or infinity while trying to breed a hybrid.

mammami08
01-30-13, 11:35 PM

ehhh, well, i must be doing something very wrong then, i accidently breed four diamonds trying for other hybrids. And i have sold them all but one :(

nylear13
01-30-13, 11:51 PM

It IS very possible to breed a diamond by accident, all my 3 diamonds are accidents from random 4/5 colour proceedings trying for other hybrids. Not everyone breed using just basic colors. Now the diamond hybrids on the other hand, not so much, but u nvr know how others play.

earth1979
01-31-13, 12:14 AM
Well I was breeding super and virtue and I did accidentally get a diamond ...... I don't have the heart to sell it though its my fourth ....diamond is a diamond ....many still struggling to get it .... I have one of each other hybrid.... But I do agree that 8 quetzals is now an impossibility if we need to have all the dragons. ....thinking hard on how to adjust .......

angelaflame
01-31-13, 12:21 AM
Once you get your first diamond, Quetzal is easy to breed, has a relatively low incubation time, and is useful if you want some coin collecting fodder. Not a bad idea to quickly breed a bunch of Quetzals to build a large coin supply when you are trying to evolve your other dragons to epic level, and pay for the New Dawn food crops for them. Then later, when you have enough money, you can get rid of them to make room for other dragons.

UnoRaven
01-31-13, 07:07 AM
I don't really see what the problem is. You can put Diamond Hybrids in regular habitats, right?

iaweforfun
01-31-13, 07:14 AM
Well, you can "accidentally" get a pure diamond or infinity while trying to breed a hybrid.

Same thing... Diamond is basically infinity .-.

iaweforfun
01-31-13, 07:18 AM
Well I was breeding super and virtue and I did accidentally get a diamond ...... I don't have the heart to sell it though its my fourth ....diamond is a diamond ....many still struggling to get it .... I have one of each other hybrid.... But I do agree that 8 quetzals is now an impossibility if we need to have all the dragons. ....thinking hard on how to adjust ....... you breeding virtue and super for hybrids right? Why did you just breed basic color x basic color you probably knew you were ***na a get diamond right?

iaweforfun
01-31-13, 07:19 AM
Heres a synopsis of problems in DS

Bickering about large habits, some even diamond boost
More habitats
Updates for kindle/android

Smaller things :
Decor
Different types of dragons

iaweforfun
01-31-13, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the large diamond habitats that every one has asked for. The valentines edition is cute, has more dragons to breed, and was a great opportunity for you to give the players some of the other things we suggest... Oh wait.... You didn't give us a large diamond habitat... So, to all my non diamond dragon players out there I apologize. I am about to sell a diamond dragon egg for 100 coins!!! Thanks TL!!! Its good for you for selling a diamond. Why do you want so many? Just because most people cant get it? I rather have 2 diamonds MAX and all of the other dragons than complain about big habitats becuz your apparently getting too much

kooky panda
01-31-13, 11:28 AM
I just had to sell one of my diamond too to make room for the new dragons...
Oh boy that hurt.:(

peteralan
01-31-13, 01:40 PM
Just got diamonds in the last four days now have one breeding and one involving

mammami08
01-31-13, 02:47 PM
Its good for you for selling a diamond. Why do you want so many? Just because most people cant get it? I rather have 2 diamonds MAX and all of the other dragons than complain about big habitats becuz your apparently getting too much

The main problem for me is that you just cant have more than one of eache dragon, perriod (no matter diamond, diamondhybrids, superrare, rare or common) if you are going to keep your diamondhybrids in diamond fields. So no accsess diamonds for me, but i want to keep the diamondhybrids in diamondfields. If i'm going to wait between 36-44h for a hybrid to first breed then hatch and then evolve three times i really like to think of the, as a tad speciall and have them in diamondfields. And if i keeo them in the ordianary habitats they just dissapear among the others.

So my strategi, if there is a new dragon next week and no increase of habitats or large platform diamond fields, is to sell the one color commons like fire and forest. I have to comprimise on either my goal to have one of each or to have diamonds and diamondhybrids in diamond fields. Not happy about it but to citat 7of 9 "you will adapt".....:(

mammami08
02-01-13, 01:03 PM
Well i'm not getting either ceasar or passion or sapphire so still fighting NOT to adapt ;) really liked the drawing for platform diamond fields ;)

DragonHeart0
02-01-13, 01:12 PM
The main problem for me is that you just cant have more than one of eache dragon, perriod (no matter diamond, diamondhybrids, superrare, rare or common) if you are going to keep your diamondhybrids in diamond fields. So no accsess diamonds for me, but i want to keep the diamondhybrids in diamondfields. If i'm going to wait between 36-44h for a hybrid to first breed then hatch and then evolve three times i really like to think of the, as a tad speciall and have them in diamondfields. And if i keeo them in the ordianary habitats they just dissapear among the others.

So my strategi, if there is a new dragon next week and no increase of habitats or large platform diamond fields, is to sell the one color commons like fire and forest. I have to comprimise on either my goal to have one of each or to have diamonds and diamondhybrids in diamond fields. Not happy about it but to citat 7of 9 "you will adapt".....:(

I see that TL is moving towards habitats that allow 4 dragons each - there is a new "Raging Rocks" and also "Glorious Grove" which both allow 4 each. I know it won't make an enormous difference and will be very costly, but for those of you who are really strapped upgrading could add at least the option of 6 or 8 more dragons, no?

mammami08
02-01-13, 01:44 PM
I see that TL is moving towards habitats that allow 4 dragons each - there is a new "Raging Rocks" and also "Glorious Grove" which both allow 4 each. I know it won't make an enormous difference and will be very costly, but for those of you who are really strapped upgrading could add at least the option of 6 or 8 more dragons, no?

They are 500 golds each so most of us can't afford that or is not willing to pay that much in real money anyway. The thing that bugs me is that one more (cupid) and you can't fit every dragon even if you just have one of each if you are not willing to keep diamond hybrids in ordinary colord habitats.

But as i stated i will adapt...or quit playing for awile, they must increase the habitat cap sometime in the future. But most of all i like to be able to upgrade a diamond field so it can keep more than one dragon.

davewin
02-01-13, 04:29 PM
Im not trying to start a fight or anything but... Why would someone want soo many diamonds and diamond hybrids. We get the point that you want big diamond fields... But why? Id say 4 diamonds is enough. you cant accidently breed a diamond unless your trying for it. One hybrid of all diamond is enough.. Someone had 8 quetzals all on diamond fields... Im mean really?

So what if I have 8 quetzals on all diamond fields. I happen to like the way they look, so what?

salinho
02-01-13, 05:16 PM
So what if I have 8 quetzals on all diamond fields. I happen to like the way they look, so what?
And they look awesome, I bet. :) people, we can sell or trade excess common dragons. If another album goal arises, jist breed the commons again! Lol easy as pie :D

davewin
02-01-13, 07:03 PM
And they look awesome, I bet. :) people, we can sell or trade excess common dragons. If another album goal arises, jist breed the commons again! Lol easy as pie :D

They sure do :D, and the crazy silver coins they make look even better.

kwhales
02-01-13, 07:10 PM

Yes you can. I was never trying for diamond, just threw dragons in the den, and out came diamonds?..twice.

Takiofallen
02-01-13, 07:31 PM
This is another complaint that has been going on for months. People need to live with there decisions. If you want 1 or 20 of any dragon understand there are consequences for your decision. People covet the diamond dragon as the be all end all of dragons. I personally don't understand why but people like what they like. If someone chooses to "just house" as many pure common dragons as possible and made this complaint people would completely ostracize him/her. It's not Tl"s fault that they don't want to compromise the integrity of the game for a small group of people who have an obsession with diamond dragons. We are able to house every dragon in the game with a few extras. Men lie, women lie numbers don't do the math people. :)

angelaflame
02-01-13, 08:58 PM
With the new dragons this month we are now at the cap of 87 unique dragons (assuming you keep the diamond types all on diamond fields). It is time to raise the cap!

Takiofallen
02-01-13, 09:51 PM
87?????? 86
With the new dragons this month we are now at the cap of 87 unique dragons (assuming you keep the diamond types all on diamond fields). It is time to raise the cap!

Darkstorm2
02-02-13, 05:17 AM
I don't think anyone is really complaining. Heck, I have 6 diamonds and 4 infinities... No complaints here... I'm just saying I offered a very simple solution months ago to this problem, and I was merely thanking them... I love this game, have from the beginning. I support TL by buying gold to speed up breeding. They listened to me once before and I'm just trying to get them to listen to me again. Here's a reminder. - large diamond habitat, takes up more space, holds two diamond dragons, max coin 10,000, and cost 2 million coins . Maintains the economy and players have to sacrifice. No need to raise max habitats. And since im on my soapbox, 500 gold to hold ONE extra dragon is extortion!

accisse
02-02-13, 06:44 AM
I'm not at the stage where I need to sell diamonds yet, and also haven't fully read the whole thread. I'd just like to contribute that my reason for wanting to house each diamond hybrid in a diamond field is because of the income they make. If I housed them in normal coloured habitats, and don't play often enough to keep collecting coins, I feel like my coins are going to waste. As it is now, sometimes I get too busy and by the time I come back to play DS my diamond habitats are already at max amount of coins. However, I just feel better because less coins are "wasted" this way. Anyway, I only have one each of diamond, quetzal and crusader right now, so I'm not exactly hogging diamonds :)

nylear13
02-02-13, 09:06 AM
I don't think anyone is really complaining. Heck, I have 6 diamonds and 4 infinities... No complaints here... I'm just saying I offered a very simple solution months ago to this problem, and I was merely thanking them... I love this game, have from the beginning. I support TL by buying gold to speed up breeding. They listened to me once before and I'm just trying to get them to listen to me again. Here's a reminder. - large diamond habitat, takes up more space, holds two diamond dragons, max coin 10,000, and cost 2 million coins . Maintains the economy and players have to sacrifice. No need to raise max habitats. And since im on my soapbox, 500 gold to hold ONE extra dragon is extortion!

couldn't agree more. in addition, I don't really buy the habitat cap to maintain game economy reason TL is selling. In my opinion, the game economy is flawed anyway, its much too easy to earn coins after a certain point with nothing to spend them on. I've been planting diamond dates lately just to spend more coins even though I already have 120+k food stocked up and all unique dragons at epic. it has gotten to the point where I'm actually playing less often because there is no point going in to collect coins at this point.

I get that its a personal choice to keep all diamond/diamond hybrids in diamond habitats and I can't really blame anyone but myself for running out of habitat space. But personally, decorating my island is an important part of my enjoying the game, and I have a nice formation with my diamond habitats right now, the main reason I do not want to sell off diamond habitats to make space is to keep my design intact and has nothing to do with earning more coins, honestly at this point of the game I couldn't care less if TL decide to lower the coin capacity for all habitats (not suggesting that TL really does that though, or new players would probably not be very happy with me :P).

jose6699
02-02-13, 10:33 AM
First, I don't agree with the "big diamond habitat" idea. I agree with TL that not releasing that.

I agree and respect that everyone have right to make choice.

For example: Diamond hybrids on a diamond or non-diamond habitat? It's your choice.

There are many dilemma and struggle during keeping diamonds and sacrifice(sell) others.

And I think that's another mechanism to keep rare thing (diamond) stay RARE.

Yeah, it's extremely hard to breed.

And once you breed it, it will bring other difficulty to keep it.

I think that is the reason why there is no "big diamond habitat".

If you want 35 diamond on 35 diamond habitats, be my guest.

If you want (33*3)+2=101 Crusader + 1 Fire Dragon + 1 Diamond, total 102 diamond/hybrid, that's your choice.
(I count it, in normal case 102 is the max number of diamond you can have. If you have 34 big red/green habitats, that's different case.)

Eventually you have to sacrifice/compromise in some way.

And about total kind of dragon almost reach recent habitat limit:

I don't remember TL ever announced that players are guaranteed to be able to keep all kind of Dragons.

Of course, completing the master set of dragon collection is another personal choice, I respect that.

In my opinion, I don't think all dragons are worth collecting/keeping.

I personally didn't see any brilliant dragon design from TL team from some point (I think the point is near the date that Landworm released.)

So maybe the real meaning of the game is the players' taste of the dragons they keep.

I'd rather keep those dragon I really love, or with really amazing or original design, instead of having the goal to keep them all.

To conclude, I agree with TL that not raising current habitat cap, including Not releasing big diamond habitat.

But I admit that I am still expecting some new dragon, including black element.

If one day I collect enough amount of dragon, I might face the habitat limit problem.

But now I don't see it even come closer, since most of my favorite dragon were released before Landworm.

Darkstorm2
02-02-13, 10:44 AM
I name my diamond dragons after the number in which I breed them, example - "Five" and "Six" so when the time comes that I am forced to sell one off, I can go in reverse order.

Darkstorm2
02-02-13, 10:52 AM
Team Lava has stated that we will always have enough habitats to have one of every unique dragon. Currently 86... 2 pure diamond habitats and 28 regular habitats are needed for a total of 30. They have given us 35...
Diamonds are rare and still considered the crown jewel, that is why selling them is extremely unpleasant. Even panda knows the pain! I'm trying to avoid the pain and asking for a larger diamond habitat... Many of my friend try to NOT breed diamond dragons because we don't want to sell them...
You can not appreciate the problem until you are facing it.

Darkstorm2
02-02-13, 11:07 AM
I have only been able to come up with one argument against a large diamond habitat. Once we fill them up we would start asking for more habitats or even larger diamond habitats all over again. It creates a circle that they face all the time. They have to stop the cycle somewhere. The problem with that is they started introducing extra large habitats which demonstrates they are willing to go that next level.

salinho
02-02-13, 04:16 PM
And about total kind of dragon almost reach recent habitat limit:

I don't remember TL ever announced that players are guaranteed to be able to keep all kind of Dragons.

Of course, completing the master set of dragon collection is another personal choice, I respect that.

In my opinion, I don't think all dragons are worth collecting/keeping.

I personally didn't see any brilliant dragon design from TL team from some point (I think the point is near the date that Landworm released.)

So maybe the real meaning of the game is the players' taste of the dragons they keep.

I'd rather keep those dragon I really love, or with really amazing or original design, instead of having the goal to keep them all.

That's your way of playing the game. Most people are completionists and a bit OCD when it comes to getting all the dragons. Of course, when a person is able to have more than one diamond dragon, it's awesome!! Why not exhibit them? :p

Of course, when there are diamond hybrids in diamond fields and people are running out of space, i believe they should place the diamond hybrids in the habitats of their other element.

salinho
02-02-13, 04:18 PM
And, yes, TL had announced that they will ensure we can at the VERY LEAST have one of each dragons, like Drakstorm2 said. If you didn't read it's not everybody else's fault, but it's written there somewhere. :p
#too lazy to search for post.

DragonHeart0
02-02-13, 04:58 PM
Thanks for sharing that Nefe, I hadn't seen that. It is very reassuring to know and makes a lot of sense too :)

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 05:40 PM
This is a reason we need a large diamond habitat. Friends account, I do not own it in anyway. (Thanks kooky for the helpful thread on how to post a picture, that way I don't have to make a new thread to post a picture)

http://i46.tinypic.com/34smgdl.jpg

kwhales
02-02-13, 05:51 PM
This is a reason we need a large diamond habitat. Friends account, I do not own it in anyway. (Thanks kooky for the helpful thread on how to post a picture, that way I don't have to make a new thread to post a picture)

Or he could sell off all his other dragons and have a completely diamond island.

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 05:53 PM
Or he could sell off all his other dragons and have a completely diamond island.

Already suggested it. he told me that's not a good idea.

WayneLovesNatalie
02-02-13, 05:54 PM

lol that sounds like a plan.

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 06:36 PM
lol that sounds like a plan.

Exactly

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 06:58 PM
I just feel that if teamlava is going to make a diamond boom possible. They have to face the consequences. people don't want to sell them. For a good reason.

Baraze
02-02-13, 07:03 PM
If no one wants to sell their multiple diamonds STOP breeding them. We can't have it both ways. End of story.

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 07:36 PM
If no one wants to sell their multiple diamonds STOP breeding them. We can't have it both ways. End of story.

Not end of story. he going for another infinity.

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 07:45 PM
U guys want a large diamond habitat bu u have to be more specific to these tricksters. They might make a large habitat and charge 1000 gold for each. I'm still furious they would have 500g habitats for a regular dragon. Scam artists
This.. Is so true

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 09:18 PM

Sorry guys! I meant butter panda!

nylear13
02-02-13, 09:26 PM
Not end of story. he going for another infinity.

Is he purposefully breeding them or are they accidents? If he is deliberately breeding them even knowing that there is not enough space then there is really no point complaining, it's a personal choice. My problem is my diamonds are all accidents but I feel it's a waste to sell them.

ubobdgc
02-02-13, 09:48 PM
Is he purposefully breeding them or are they accidents? If he is deliberately breeding them even knowing that there is not enough space then there is really no point complaining, it's a personal choice. My problem is my diamonds are all accidents but I feel it's a waste to sell them.

He's going for another infinity. Keeps getting diamond.

salinho
02-03-13, 12:58 AM

He can't help it, he gets them quite often. In fact, trying for his infinity number 4 has already landed him with about 10 diamonds... He obviously did not keep them all. ;)

angelaflame
02-03-13, 02:58 AM
87?????? 86

I included the as yet unreleased "Cupid Dragon" in my count. So yes, 87!

mammami08
02-03-13, 07:59 AM

They are accidents. But diamond has gotten much easier since a week or two. I accidently breed four of them in the last two weeks. The person with that island is trying for an infinity and keps getting diamonds :(

grondai
02-03-13, 09:36 AM
This is only a temporary fix to the problem. Every few months I have to get rid of another diamond because of over population. They need to put a task for our storage that will unlock an extra 5 habitats every time we get to a certain number of the overall dragons. Obviously this should be set in increments of 15 dragons

Darkstorm2
02-03-13, 01:12 PM
They could raise the max level and have large diamond habitats available after level 100 or something

ubobdgc
02-03-13, 03:05 PM
They could raise the max level and have large diamond habitats available after level 100 or something

100 is too high, I say bring no the large diamond habitat for coins

Alliekookie
02-03-13, 03:09 PM
Any chance you would tell us mere mortals how you got your diamond dragons? Do you have to have a diamond habitat when you breed?

ubobdgc
02-03-13, 04:01 PM
Any chance you would tell us mere mortals how you got your diamond dragons? Do you have to have a diamond habitat when you breed?

According to my friend (the man who owns the island I took a picture of) it seems better to not have a diamond habitat when you breed.

NeferTsukia
02-03-13, 04:02 PM
According to my friend (the man who owns the island I took a picture of) it seems better to not have a diamond habitat when you breed.

How does that actually affect anything? =0 uh oh...

kwhales
02-03-13, 04:30 PM
He basically told me that TL wants to make money off of people, so if you buy a diamond feilds, it shows that you want it. Once you want it, you'll eventually crack and either quit the game or buy it. Which is what they want, they want you to buy it.

Funny idea. I had my diamond habitat way before I got my diamond. And I wasn't even trying for diamond. I was going for elf/fireworks, using aurora and eagle. So, pray tell, how does having a diamond habitat clue TL that you want a diamond? Of course, they have that person they hired just to watch the mainframe for games that just bought a diamond and pushing a little button to make the diamond not happen for them, so we buy gold to get it.

Totally logical.

kwhales
02-03-13, 04:31 PM
Funny idea. I had my diamond habitat way before I got my diamond. And I wasn't even trying for diamond. I was going for elf/fireworks, using aurora and eagle. So, pray tell, how does having a diamond habitat clue TL that you want a diamond? Of course, they have that person they hired just to watch the mainframe for games that just bought a diamond and pushing a little button to make the diamond not happen for them, so we buy gold to get it.

Totally logical.

Sorry. Should say diamond habitat.

ubobdgc
02-03-13, 04:33 PM

Totally logical.
I can't tell if your bei sarcastic or not. Because we're on the Internet. But it would be easy enough to have a program made to do it for them.

mammami08
02-03-13, 04:37 PM
100 is too high, I say bring no the large diamond habitat for coins

If big diamond habitats can't hold more money than small i don't see the problem with diamond habitats that holds more than one diamond/diamond hybrid.

kwhales
02-03-13, 04:38 PM
Because they have nothing else to do. If your (or your friends) logical is true, then they should make getting the newly released dragons very hard to get. Look at how many people use gold to try to get them and get them quickly. Just imagine how much gold would be bought if it was even harder or the breed times were all alike. Gold sales would go through the roof. But pinpointing people who bought a diamond habitat and not giving them a diamond is illogical. One of my neighbors had a habitat for months. So all the time she bred 4 elements, Tl was there watching and not letting her get one. WOW that makes sense. and it doesn't have to be sacrastic, its to illogical for thought.

NeferTsukia
02-03-13, 04:43 PM
...are they watchig my island? 'Cause that's a total violation of my privacy.

I wonder if they do check people's islands and whatnot. Seems creepy. :/ "I always feel like somebody's watching me..."

ubobdgc
02-03-13, 04:48 PM
WOW that makes sense. and it doesn't have to be sacrastic, its to illogical for thought.

That was kind of rude, and I've seen crazier. You never know. I know some of my friends that could make a program similar to what I previously stated.

kwhales
02-03-13, 04:48 PM

I wonder if they do check people's islands and whatnot. Seems creepy. :/ "I always feel like somebody's watching me..."

Yeah, that little spot on your island that never goes away. Smile. Please. I am sure they monitor the games. They have to especially for language and spamming and well, behavior. But each and every island that bought a diamond habitat , very doubtful. But this is my opinion only.

kooky panda
02-03-13, 04:57 PM
He basically told me that TL wants to make money off of people, so if you buy a diamond feilds, it shows that you want it. Once you want it, you'll eventually crack and either quit the game or buy it. Which is what they want, they want you to buy it.

Yeah, that little spot on your island that never goes away. Smile. Please. I am sure they monitor the games. They have to especially for language and spamming and well, behavior. But each and every island that bought a diamond habitat , very doubtful. But this is my opinion only.

Okay guys please do not post false information .

Team Lava does not have any in game monitors for the games.