PDA

View Full Version : Android Curiosity - I think I just caught a glimpse of New Dawn goals?

Sphinx08
01-28-13, 06:07 PM
So I went to collect coins, and this pop up appeared (that immediately caused my game to crash). Then, when I opened it back up, the pop up appeared again. "Light Dragon blah blah. 20,000 years blah blah blah. Get Started!" So I paid for Dragon Mother to buy some new robes (she can't buy them herself??), then something about the magic of the Dawn Tree.... And now nothing. No new goals, nothing in the market. O wise moderators! What just happened?

kurebiz
01-28-13, 06:11 PM
Just got it. Game didn't crash. But there doesn't seem to be any new quests after that.

dragonlord196
01-28-13, 06:13 PM
I just got it also...does this mean they are working on something...or was this a glitch?

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:14 PM
Got it on kindle. Also the sword in stone is in the decorations, locked til level 1000 like the nether portal.

lori11941
01-28-13, 06:17 PM
I got it too and came here to see if anyone knew what was going on. I'm using Kindle Fire.

Sphinx08
01-28-13, 06:18 PM
I typically play on the original version (it doesn't crash "as often"), but I reinstalled New Dawn and there's nothing there either. I really hope these goals are retroactive, too. I've been trying to get the Light dragons lately, and I'd hate to have to get them all over again. I had to breed at least a dozen Fuzzies before I got my Pegasus. And more than that of Loves to get a Laserlight.

Nellie_Lou
01-28-13, 06:19 PM
I got it too! I was like "Oh? Oh!! No? No!?"

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:20 PM
Maybe it is the beginning of the soooooo desired updates!

lori11941
01-28-13, 06:23 PM
I know it's probably too much to hope for, but maybe we can get the pink dragon too. Oh I hope, I hope!

sweetstuff525
01-28-13, 06:26 PM
How many goals are you getting? I only saw one on daughters android which reward was 250 food and some xp

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:28 PM
Yep just that one and the new decoration locked.

kwhales
01-28-13, 06:28 PM
So I went to collect coins, and this pop up appeared (that immediately caused my game to crash). Then, when I opened it back up, the pop up appeared again. "Light Dragon blah blah. 20,000 years blah blah blah. Get Started!" So I paid for Dragon Mother to buy some new robes (she can't buy them herself??), then something about the magic of the Dawn Tree.... And now nothing. No new goals, nothing in the market. O wise moderators! What just happened?

Keep track of the date and about the time you paid for the robes just in case it doesn't come back or it comes back and you have to pay again. You shouldn't have to since you did already and you shouldn't lose the coins if it doesn't come back.

By now Dragon Mother should have enough robes. and Why doesn't she look like a dragon?

amicacordis
01-28-13, 06:29 PM
Me too! I paid 5,000 coins but then nooutthing. I also have the sword in stone and two new dragons locked by goal.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:31 PM
Scarecrow and storm.

kwhales
01-28-13, 06:33 PM
You would think that someone would pop in and say ' bear with us, we are trying a few things out. Its gonna be hit and miss for a while.' but nada.

UnoRaven
01-28-13, 06:34 PM
I just did the goal. This is progress though! THANK YOU TL!

gabbymidnight
01-28-13, 06:36 PM
I got it also and my first thought was yes finally but then I tried to go do the mission and nothing was there. :(

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:39 PM
They are trying. I am grateful for that. My hope is renewed.

[S8] Elsa
01-28-13, 06:42 PM
The issue has been resolved. The goal is no longer available.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:44 PM
Or maybe not :(

UnoRaven
01-28-13, 06:48 PM
Well that's certainly disappointing

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:49 PM
Yes, it sure is. I was really excited about that, thinking "yes ! Finally our turn!".

UnoRaven
01-28-13, 06:50 PM
So do we start assuming that TL is capable of releasing these things to Android but just isn't? I certainly hope that isn't the case.

Anji330
01-28-13, 06:59 PM
So do we start assuming that TL is capable of releasing these things to Android but just isn't? I certainly hope that isn't the case.

The ywould really have no reason for doing that, though. I think they almost have to be works in progress.

Anji330
01-28-13, 07:00 PM
I swear, this must be the only board on the net that lacks a simple edit feature. What's the deal with that? smh

tonguelashing
01-28-13, 07:04 PM
I've said it in the other android update thready, I believe that something is happening and it will be big when it does. I'm excited to see some content released, but some things will probably require an app update anyway, so even if you see something, don't touch it just yet until we have official word from Pony or Jake on the status of Android/kindle updates.

GavGav2
01-28-13, 07:04 PM
I received the same goal on my Kindle Fire. Paid the coins and got the reward but nothing else new. I did not get the sword in the stone like some others reported. Hope that means pink dragons are coming for Android !!

hamadrys
01-28-13, 07:06 PM
The sword in the stone was in the decorations and locked til level 1000. It is gone now. As well as Scarecrow and Storm dragons that were also locked.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 07:07 PM
I've said it in the other android update thready, I believe that something is happening and it will be big when it does. I'm excited to see some content released, but some things will probably require an app update anyway, so even if you see something, don't touch it just yet until we have official word from Pony or Jake on the status of Android/kindle updates.

Like Fox Mulder would say : "I want to believe".

kurebiz
01-28-13, 09:06 PM
Perhaps its another accidental release! Hopefully a sign of the good things to come

Cyclohexane
01-28-13, 10:52 PM
Or perhaps someone at TL enjoys toying with us poor Android players....

Look a carrot, gotta go.

salinho
01-29-13, 03:57 AM
The issue has been resolved. The goal is no longer available.

Well THAT'S a bit disappointing.

Fharido
01-29-13, 11:44 AM
kind of rude to put a lovely cookie in someones mounth and then almost break some theeth while draging the cookie out of that someones mounth xD

ivanazagreb
01-30-13, 12:14 AM
kind of rude to put a lovely cookie in someones mounth and then almost break some theeth while draging the cookie out of that someones mounth xd

lol :)

06hunter
01-31-13, 05:36 PM
Since it's no longer available how do I get my 5,000 coins back?

hamadrys
01-31-13, 05:39 PM
I got a pop up about a lightbringer just a few minutes ago.
Did you pay 5,000 for Mother Dragon robes ?

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 05:42 PM
The following goals are available: New Dawn > Lightbringer > The Emperor Approaches (this is the Caesar Dragon goal).

hamadrys
01-31-13, 05:43 PM
Just appeared in my goals ! Sweet :) Thanks Pony.

tonguelashing
01-31-13, 05:49 PM
The following goals are available: New Dawn > Lightbringer > The Emperor Approaches (this is the Caesar Dragon goal).

This is on New Dawn for Android/Kindle correct? The Ceasar Dragon goal didn't show up for me earlier but I haven't checked it since this morning. Will see when I get home tonght

[S8] Elsa
01-31-13, 05:55 PM
This is on New Dawn for Android/Kindle correct? The Ceasar Dragon goal didn't show up for me earlier but I haven't checked it since this morning. Will see when I get home tonght

Yes, this is for both Android and Kindle users.

accisse
01-31-13, 06:00 PM

Sweet! I saw the new dawn goal an hour ago but ignored it because I thought it's just the one goal that leads nowhere, which people were talking about a few days ago.

GavGav2
01-31-13, 06:03 PM
Yes, this is for both Android and Kindle users.

Indeed it is. I am very pleased at the moment. The Caesar dragon I just got will keep me busy until the Valentines edition. When that comes hopefully I will be occupied until we can eventually get the dragon album or pink :)

J85909266
01-31-13, 06:30 PM
Yeah...neat...

Get back to me when I can do the boost quests and dawn tree. You know, that content iOS has had for months...

luv2wander
01-31-13, 07:20 PM
I got a pop up about a lightbringer just a few minutes ago.
Did you pay 5,000 for Mother Dragon robes ?

I just got it too. I paid the 5000 and nothing.

UnoRaven
01-31-13, 07:37 PM
YAY! I just did the Lightbringer goal (well sort of...i didn't even get to see what it was since i apparently completed it already lol)! I probably won't try for Caeser until we get the Valentine's update so I can try for the LE dragons instead. BUT THANK YOU TL!

wimsical
01-31-13, 09:00 PM
Yes! I just opened dragon story, and this new dawn goal popped up! I'm like thinking, wow, did we like, finally get them?!! It seems I was correct!!! Now if I can just get a caesar dragon....

Magikot
01-31-13, 09:28 PM
Yes! I just opened dragon story, and this new dawn goal popped up! I'm like thinking, wow, did we like, finally get them?!! It seems I was correct!!! Now if I can just get a caesar dragon....

Sadly it's not a new Dawn update.. Pony posted this in the weekly update thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45273-Weekly-Update-Jan-31-Caesar-Dragon&p=531948&viewfull=1#post531948)

It is available, but is part of a quest chain. It starts with New Dawn > Lightbringer > The Emperor Approaches.

Please note that while these are New Dawn goals, they are not related to Boosts (before any speculation occurs, it's ONLY these three goals that are available).

QuinnABug
01-31-13, 10:41 PM
So, just to be clear, because I am still a little confused, we got the start of the Dawn Tree goal but no actual Dawn Tree to find yet?

We got a new dragon and my game seemed to be running a smidgen smoother so some good pluses.

Sphinx08
01-31-13, 10:49 PM
Nah, my game still shuts down as much as ever. The goal I originally started this post for was a hoax, it seems, and this new one... I don't know. If these New Dawn goals were a novel, we just opened the book to the middle and have no idea what the plot of the story is. At this point, I think we're all just along for the ride.

emergRN
01-31-13, 10:54 PM
So, just to be clear, because I am still a little confused, we got the start of the Dawn Tree goal but no actual Dawn Tree to find yet?

We got a new dragon and my game seemed to be running a smidgen smoother so some good pluses.

so no, no boosts, no dawn tree. just 3 quests and then that's it :(

nylear13
01-31-13, 11:18 PM
Hmmm, so after waiting for months we get 2 quests that have nothing to do with the new dawn features? Why exactly did it take so long for androids to get these quests then? How different is the dragon mothers robe quest any different from say, paying to lightning proof our island (mindvolt mission)?

ivanazagreb
02-01-13, 02:10 AM
Guys does anyone know should we install DS Valentines?? I didn't get any Quests for it on New Dawn so should I install it or wait for a quest? And What are rewards for installing it if there are any?

codenamezebra
02-01-13, 02:16 AM
I would wait.... read the last two pages...

ivanazagreb
02-01-13, 02:22 AM
I did but I still didn't get anything but the Lightbringer quest.... Does that lead to Valentines Installation goal?

codenamezebra
02-01-13, 02:28 AM
No... i have no goals or quests for any valentines or pink dragons...

kurebiz
02-01-13, 02:29 AM
i'm not going to install DS valentine's edition yet considering there's no quest for the new dragons.
got a 30 gold quest to update slots valentine's edition though.

codenamezebra
02-01-13, 02:29 AM
Oh sorry last two pages of android parity thread...that will give more info and also valentines thread

codenamezebra
02-01-13, 02:30 AM
Yeah I got slots update too :)

emergRN
02-01-13, 04:32 PM
ok mother quest is on android now!! at least for me it is! go check it out :-) :-)