PDA

View Full Version : Gem Sale?

capncrunch203
01-28-13, 10:27 AM
Is there a set schedule that gems go on sale or is it more random? Thanks for your answers!!

maguar
01-28-13, 02:05 PM
As far as I'm aware gem sales go out randomly.

linp825
01-28-13, 06:12 PM
Some of the posters on the weekly update thread about boquet display have said they "got" a gem sale (like within the past week) but i never saw it snd im on every day....was there a gem sale? Do gem sales happen for different devices maybe? TL can u answer this?

CuddlyDragon
01-28-13, 06:13 PM
Hello!

Gem sales are completely random, sorry for the confusion.

soclassymom
01-28-13, 09:45 PM
TL your customers are asking for gem sale please be kind and give it to us .

soclassymom
01-28-13, 09:50 PM
I don't understand why some of players can't have sale????you say it's random , Ok now a month passed and I didn't get a random sale , maybe I'll get one after 10 months !!!?????

OpeningCeremony
01-28-13, 09:57 PM
yea i've only received a gem sale during black friday and around xmas time. i've been playing for over a year now and i've NEVER received a gem sale besides those two times. i'm pretty sure EVERYONE got those sales though. so to me, it seems like some people are just excluded from these gem sales. :(

rainbowcupcakeee
01-28-13, 10:48 PM
I play on 3 different devices n i almost got the gem sales ALMOST everyday but not at the same time. If i got game sale on my ipad, but not on my iphone. But sometimes the gem sale comes out on all my devices at same time

chaoticharmony7
01-29-13, 02:43 PM
I had the sale pop up every day for almost two weeks. Guess when that stops happening? When I am actually stupid enough to buy gems. Haven't seen a sale in over a week now, which is irritating, since my daughter got ahold of my iPad and bought coins my gems. I don't plan to purchase them again, only because the marketing tactic is irritating. If there were a regular sale, or lower prices all together, I might change my mind, but I hate the tactic of trying to get a person hooked with cheap drugs only to raise the price later, which is exactly what this is like. Or the investment mentality, they assume we will continue to play all day everyday because we dumped money into the game. Not sure how much time or money I wasted on FarmVille, but in the end, I didn't feel like wasting anymore of either and deleted it. The same will be true for this app, especially with the timed goals being almost impossible for anyone with a life to complete without gems.

Anyway, like they said, gem sales are "random". Once you make a purchase, don't expect to see one again for a long time, if ever. If you feel the need to buy gems and they do have a sale, buy the maximum amount and be careful not to hit the "open another" button if you buy a box assuming you're just hitting "ok" or something, costly mistake. Also secure your device if you have preteens or toddlers around. Just advice from my personal experience.

chloe0488
01-29-13, 07:13 PM
gem sales please

AlisinChanes
01-29-13, 07:34 PM
I played for nearly a year (multiple Story games) before I received the first sale. It was also after I posted a couple of times on here and complained. I've noticed other players start receiving sales after posting here too. May just be coincidence. Hopefully you'll start getting them soon though! :)

soclassymom
01-29-13, 10:56 PM
I played for nearly a year (multiple Story games) before I received the first sale. It was also after I posted a couple of times on here and complained. I've noticed other players start receiving sales after posting here too. May just be coincidence. Hopefully you'll start getting them soon though! :)
I hope , TL please give us sale

duckiestreats1
01-29-13, 11:27 PM
I get gem sales in BS,FS,RS &PS almost daily, everyother day Atleast. Amazon kindle User.... guess that's what we get instead of great updates..... rather have had the goals for Xmas, or current goals for valentines with the new appliance in RS. Oh well not buying gems till I get something worth the money, used to buy often.

linp825
02-05-13, 07:59 AM
I get gem sales in BS,FS,RS &PS almost daily, everyother day Atleast. Amazon kindle User.... guess that's what we get instead of great updates..... rather have had the goals for Xmas, or current goals for valentines with the new appliance in RS. Oh well not buying gems till I get something worth the money, used to buy often.

Ah ha! That cd b it then ... Different offers for different devices??? Interesting. I play on an i pad but like u said perhaps those posters were using kindle who got the gem sales. Still hard to understand why everyone cant get the offer at once tho. Gem sales shd be at least 4x per year (one a season) to EVERYONE to make it fair. FS is my main game but their gems are the MOST EXPEVSIVE i noticed BS and HS are WAY cheaper. Why TL WHY???? Ps its great u get the gem sales but horrible u dont get the updates!! Come on TL....FASHION STORY EQUALITY FOR ALL!!!

yupiyupigumgum
02-05-13, 08:51 AM
To save your time TL, NO need to offer my ID any gem sale. Thank you.I can't afford it :p

soclassymom
02-20-13, 10:25 AM
TL I need gems sale thank you in advance

ladym7
02-21-13, 04:35 AM
I'm on iOS and I nearly get it everyday on FS, CS, BS, RS and Fashion :)

lelaina752
02-21-13, 05:24 AM

Wow...I haven't had a gem sale for weeks. I wanted to buy more gems for Valentine's Day but haven't had a sale to do so. Luckily for me, TL didn't bring back the Valentine's items from last year and I'm not playing the boxes for now.

soclassymom
02-21-13, 05:51 AM

You are lucky if you buy gems , I like to try some boxes and need sale didn't get a sale since December
Plz TL

ladym7
02-21-13, 10:46 PM
You are lucky if you buy gems , I like to try some boxes and need sale didn't get a sale since December
Plz TL

Wow...I haven't had a gem sale for weeks. I wanted to buy more gems for Valentine's Day but haven't had a sale to do so. Luckily for me, TL didn't bring back the Valentine's items from last year and I'm not playing the boxes for now.

i do sometimes, just for fashion though because it's my favourite game ;) but i'm trying not to buy because it just costs too much to buy pixels, so i resist. only bought it once or twice. so the pop ups annoy me a lot of the times :p hope you guys get some, i'd give you the sales if i could :D

KadeeDid
02-21-13, 11:26 PM
Ah ha! That cd b it then ... Different offers for different devices??? Interesting. I play on an i pad but like u said perhaps those posters were using kindle who got the gem sales. Still hard to understand why everyone cant get the offer at once tho. Gem sales shd be at least 4x per year (one a season) to EVERYONE to make it fair. FS is my main game but their gems are the MOST EXPEVSIVE i noticed BS and HS are WAY cheaper. Why TL WHY???? Ps its great u get the gem sales but horrible u dont get the updates!! Come on TL....FASHION STORY EQUALITY FOR ALL!!!

I have an iPad And have always had tons of gem sale notices. I wish I could send them to you. They annoy me when they keep popping up and interrupting my gameplay.

Christiana12345
02-24-13, 10:41 AM
I have an iPad And have always had tons of gem sale notices. I wish I could send them to you. They annoy me when they keep popping up and interrupting my gameplay.

Me too. Since I never buy gems,(I earn them by completing goals and stuff) I would love to give them to u.

mixeddesires
02-26-13, 06:14 AM
I don't plan to purchase them again, only because the marketing tactic is irritating. If there were a regular sale, or lower prices all together, I might change my mind, but I hate the tactic of trying to get a person hooked with cheap drugs only to raise the price later, which is exactly what this is like. Or the investment mentality, they assume we will continue to play all day everyday because we dumped money into the game. Not sure how much time or money I wasted on FarmVille, but in the end, I didn't feel like wasting anymore of either and deleted it. The same will be true for this app, especially with the timed goals being almost impossible for anyone with a life to complete without gems.

Anyway, like they said, gem sales are "random". Once you make a purchase, don't expect to see one again for a long time, if ever. If you feel the need to buy gems and they do have a sale, buy the maximum amount and be careful not to hit the "open another" button if you buy a box assuming you're just hitting "ok" or something, costly mistake. Also secure your device if you have preteens or toddlers around. Just advice from my personal experience.

Wow, if i couldnt have said it better myself! i spent so much money on farm story its literally embarrassing! and it is like a quick drug fix, they get you hooked and then raise prices for everything... and the worst ones out there are now making practically every item for sell with gems only, or some outrageous coin price! its turning me off... and i hate that cause i love my stories!!! and i dont want to end up just as frustrated and fed up as some have.....

i think gems should be half price, and items selling gems should be strictly special edition items only out seasonally! agree???

Kvich
02-26-13, 06:23 AM

I'm not sure it's device specific, my girlfriend uses a ipad, and I'm on a android, we get the sales together.

PattiM5
02-28-13, 11:03 PM
Me and my friend started playing FS the same day and she gets gem sales all the time. I haven't had any. That's right, zero, zilch, nothing. I was also told sales are random and may be available to everyone some day. I'm still patiently waiting TL.

soclassymom
03-01-13, 01:50 AM
I gave up,won't ask again for sale.I know I will not get any tell Black Friday.

poela
03-01-13, 05:26 AM
Why can't I buy gems today :(