PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Baron's dinner???

ForeverLadyGrey
01-28-13, 07:11 AM
I had 11 truffles last night and happily started the Barron's dinner before going to bed. Woke up this morning and collected the meal it but it didn't register!! What gives?!! It's going to take forever to get 9 more truffles!! :mad:

maguar
01-28-13, 02:12 PM
Quick one first - you know that you don't get a meal from this but a random item like Glimmerdust, wisp lantern, fancy beam etc?

Are you saying you got the item and it disappeared? Or that you didn't get any item at all?

ForeverLadyGrey
01-28-13, 04:22 PM
I have a recipe in my kitchen that says "feed the baron" and it takes 10 steaks, 10 truffles, and 20 bacon and takes 2 hrs to make. When I clicked on my kitchen this morning to collect it, it never registered that I made it.

ForeverLadyGrey
01-28-13, 04:24 PM
Oh, I see what you're saying. I was busy clicking other things so I don't know what happened. Just thought I'd get some kind of recognition for it. Like a popup saying what I'd gotten.

maguar
01-28-13, 04:26 PM
By never registered that you made it, do you mean that your kitchen was empty (no box with a tick hovering over it)? If so that sounds like your game didn't sync properly last night.

MaritasGuiltyPleasure
01-28-13, 05:11 PM
This happened to me too. I've prepared it twice, to no avail; I've not noticed a new item added to my inventory so, I don't think I'm going to do it again if I don't have to. That's a lot of stuff to give away with no reward! Also, what happens if I don't do the Baron's Caravan too?

ForeverLadyGrey
01-28-13, 05:13 PM
No, I had a box. But I moved my screen over to click on other things, forgetting that the meal was even being made. Just thought there would be some fanfare with getting the baron's reward. Are you saying something just pops out like it does with the spotted pig?

maguar
01-28-13, 05:15 PM
Yeah it acts like sir piggles. Only difference is that with the baron you get the item even if it takes you over your max. No fanfare can mean that if you're busy you'll miss seeing what you got.

maguar
01-28-13, 05:17 PM
This happened to me too. I've prepared it twice, to no avail; I've not noticed a new item added to my inventory so, I don't think I'm going to do it again if I don't have to. That's a lot of stuff to give away with no reward! Also, what happens if I don't do the Baron's Caravan too?

You don't have to do the caravan if you don't want to. Down the track they may release more caravans that require you to have done the one you're talking about.

ascherb
04-26-13, 11:55 AM
I did the baron meal today, and it looks like it cooked the stuff since it is out of inventory, however when I went to collect the random surprise there was nothing collect. Nothing made it into my inventory. Hmmmm. Maybe nothing is a surprise. I usually get the super size glue from him for that meal!!! Today, nada.

catcrack
04-26-13, 12:55 PM
It's a feed the baron meal right? He ate it. Sometimes all you get is a burp and a favor owed.

(=^ェ^=)

Gardienn
04-27-13, 10:34 AM
I thought the same thing too, but then I barely saw what the kitchen spit out because the icons are smaller than they used to be and it landed pretty far away. It was a lone fancy beam. I never would have been able to figure out what it was by inventory. I wasn't impressed by feeding the baron, but then again, what should I expect to receive from a stingy jerk?

midnightmeerkat
04-27-13, 01:53 PM
I thought the same thing too, but then I barely saw what the kitchen spit out because the icons are smaller than they used to be and it landed pretty far away. It was a lone fancy beam. I never would have been able to figure out what it was by inventory. I wasn't impressed by feeding the baron, but then again, what should I expect to receive from a stingy jerk?
I only ever do it if I am maxed on the items... Since the royal exchange that doesn't happen as I am using all my bacon for the meat trade.... Wish there was some other way to use the truffles and steak tho'

NayanPrakash
04-28-13, 03:50 AM
I haven't got a feed the baron recipe in my kitchen!I completed the 'give 30 prime cuts and 30 truffles to the baron' quest sometime ago and I didn't see any recipe for feeding the baron in the kitchen. Have tried force closing and restarting. Didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

maguar
04-28-13, 03:52 AM
I haven't got a feed the baron recipe in my kitchen!I completed the 'give 30 prime cuts and 30 truffles to the baron' quest sometime ago and I didn't see any recipe for feeding the baron in the kitchen. Have tried force closing and restarting. Didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You just need to keep collecting prime cuts and truffles. They'll trigger the recipe after a certain point.

NayanPrakash
04-28-13, 04:23 AM
You just need to keep collecting prime cuts and truffles. They'll trigger the recipe after a certain point.

I've got 99 truffles in my inventory and I've used so many more for other things. I've collected 14 prime cuts also since then. I should get the quest soon then, shouldn't I, because I've collected so many truffles and prime cuts already? Anyway, hope I get it soon. Thanks a lot for your help Maguar!

maguar
04-28-13, 04:42 AM
I've got 99 truffles in my inventory and I've used so many more for other things. I've collected 14 prime cuts also since then. I should get the quest soon then, shouldn't I, because I've collected so many truffles and prime cuts already? Anyway, hope I get it soon. Thanks a lot for your help Maguar!

I don't think we ever worked out if it was collect or have a certain amount. On my secondary account I've got 99 prime cuts, 38 truffles and 26 bacon but no recipe.

friscosharkboy
04-28-13, 07:21 AM
Today I started a Feed the Baron and Apple Pie at the same time and both require two hours to cook. The Feed the Baron still had 22 minutes to cook when the Apple Pie was finished. Anyone else had this to happen?

NayanPrakash
04-28-13, 08:27 AM
I don't think we ever worked out if it was collect or have a certain amount. On my secondary account I've got 99 prime cuts, 38 truffles and 26 bacon but no recipe.

Oh well that's a relief, I'm not alone then!You have much more prime cuts than me. I do have 99 truffles but only 14 prime cuts as I don't have any royal animals(don't buy gems and never got any from adventure)I got all my truffles from Sir Piggy. Oh well the baron isn't too generous with his rewards, I hear. So no worries if I never get his recipe lol.

grover3D
05-04-13, 10:04 AM
Did any moderator ever respond regarding this problem? Took me a week to collect the stupid truffles and nothing for preparing the Baron's dinner, just like some of you have described. Frustrating, but even more so if no one responds. Thanks!