PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Announcements

Norman
12-14-10, 03:47 PM
Stay tuned for more information on the latest updates and announcements!

chvchv & chvchv2
12-14-10, 08:38 PM
Stay tuned for more information on the latest updates and announcements!

...and another useless game (themed copy) where there will be NO WEEKLY UPDATES!

Prove me wrong, Norman!

TL is ridiculous!

Norman
12-15-10, 06:46 PM
...and another useless game (themed copy) where there will be NO WEEKLY UPDATES!

Prove me wrong, Norman!

TL is ridiculous!

We sincerely apologize for the delay in updates. We will be releasing updates for Farm, Restaurant, Empire and Bakery Stories soon. I know this can't make up for the delay, but we will continue to improve in this area. Thank you for your patience. :cool:

Unregistered
12-15-10, 07:15 PM
Team Lava has been saying updates soon for a long time now. I no longer believe them. They are too busy releasing new games to care about their old customers

xOneWingedAngelx
12-15-10, 07:16 PM
We sincerely apologize for the delay in updates. We will be releasing updates for Farm, Restaurant, Empire and Bakery Stories soon. I know this can't make up for the delay, but we will continue to improve in this area. Thank you for your patience. :cool:

Did you forget about City Story?

chvchv & chvchv2
12-15-10, 07:35 PM

Yes he did...

xOneWingedAngelx
12-15-10, 09:30 PM
Yes he did...

Weak, Norman; weak.

Norman
12-16-10, 10:38 AM

We didn't forget about City Story. There just isn't an update this time around for it.

xOneWingedAngelx
12-16-10, 02:33 PM
We didn't forget about City Story. There just isn't an update this time around for it.

Neither eight weeks ago...

chvchv & chvchv2
12-16-10, 06:11 PM

Why do you advertise City Story with "FREE WEEKLY UPDATES" when you already know that there are NO updates whatsoever? This is fraudulent advertising. In the "real world" this is a crime.

Why don't you just go into TL's developer account and change the description for TL's games? It would be at least honest.

Unregistered
12-16-10, 06:42 PM

Not city story?

Unregistered
12-16-10, 11:03 PM
Why do you advertise City Story with "FREE WEEKLY UPDATES" when you already know that there are NO updates whatsoever? This is fraudulent advertising. In the "real world" this is a crime.

Why don't you just go into TL's developer account and change the description for TL's games? It would be at least honest.

Amen brother

xOneWingedAngelx
12-17-10, 10:57 AM

Agreed, 100%.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:33 AM

Yet, there is nothing for City...

Norman, Could you tell me when was the last free update for City???
I doubted that you or TL can even remember...

There is nothing to do with patience...
Should players stick around with a greedy company which only release item at $5 a pop for random...and kept dumping out a new themed games every 2-3 weeks.

I will ask iTune for my refund, thanks for nothing!

Unregistered
12-19-10, 05:55 PM
On the page where you download the app on the appstore, I clicked report a problem about this! I think everyone who agrees that this is a fraud should too! Maybe apple will realize it and warn teamlava! Thank god Apple cares about their customers and isn't a rookie like teamlava..

Unregistered
12-19-10, 06:06 PM
On the page where you download the app on the appstore, I clicked report a problem about this! I think everyone who agrees that this is a fraud should too! Maybe apple will realize it and warn teamlava! Thank god Apple cares about their customers and isn't a rookie like teamlava..

Lmao! Really? Fraud? To constitute fraud there has to be monetary loss. Hmmm. Free game not providing free updates on schedule? Think not. If you really think it's fraud, you're sure you've been defrauded, call your local cops and file a report. Go ahead, dare you.

Ya ya, updates would be nice, but honestly, spinning over the top makes the credibility of the issue void. All anyone thinks is nutbar. The only way customers have of getting their message to a provider of any goods or service is to stop using or being a consumer of said goods and or services.
So there you have it. If you really want to make a point, stop playing. If enough people agree, and enough people stop playing, then they may be swayed. That's how the marketplace works.
So let me ask you: do you think you can get enough players to stop playing? Probably not, so either get used to this (limited updates) for awhile, or stop playing.

Unregistered
12-19-10, 06:16 PM

Someone else claimed to have reported them for this same thing over a month ago. Do an advanced thread search if you don't believe me. Let's see, to date Apple has done...um, well, nothing. Why? Because as it's not costing anyone anything, back to that free word again (quickly becoming the F word in the forum) they don't care. Only if you had bought the game upfront...I repeat...upfront...with a promise of free updates, would these guys be in trouble. Only if. As that's not the case, Apple will do what it did last time. Nothing. Well, the person closing the ticket will probably be laughing at you and sharing your written outrage with other staff in neighboring pods, but that's about it.

Unregistered
12-20-10, 07:27 AM
Interesting thing though is the notion that some people bought gems to, in effect -- "buy into" a constantly updated product as promised. (I preface this by saying I find it silly to pay for their items especially since they serve no in-game purpose, but still this is for the sake of argument ...). Many people would probably not have bought gems if they knew the truth -- that TeamLava wasn't going to be updating as promised.

This is a breech of promise. And for all the other moralistic decisions Apple makes about what can and cannot be sold via their store, if they're saying it's OK, as a developer, to do this -- to charge outlandish prices for clip-art at least partially based on the lure of patently false promises -- then that's not just painting TeamLava in a rightfully shady light but also big daddy Apple.

Unregistered
12-21-10, 10:59 AM
Team Lava has been saying updates soon for a long time now. I no longer believe them. They are too busy releasing new games to care about their old customers

For those who are complaining about TeamLava's late delivery of updates. Come on, TeamLava worked hard to create and release these games for us and FOR FREE. Let them create more games, their games are fun to play.

Unregistered
12-21-10, 03:42 PM
For those who are complaining about TeamLava's late delivery of updates. Come on, TeamLava worked hard to create and release these games for us and FOR FREE. Let them create more games, their games are fun to play.

I agree with you. I love the games and its a time passer. The last time I spent actual money was on Farm Story because I wanted to expand my farm. That was a mistake. I

Unregistered
12-21-10, 06:03 PM

They just screw up on update on farm story so look out

Unregistered
12-22-10, 02:13 PM
TeamLava worked hard to create and release these games for us and FOR FREE.

I have to disagree. TeamLava has created money traps and not games to enjoy.

A truly FREE game, as they point it out all the time, would keep you interested and you would be able to proceed, even if you don't spend any real money. To succeed in TeamLava's games you have to spend real money in order to progress.

That's the difference!

Unregistered
12-23-10, 11:15 AM
It may not be fraud, but it is false advertising. Perhaps Apple has responded to TL about it. But everyone who is not happy about this should email Apple or report a problem. Perhaps Apple did not respond because only one or two persons wrote. If they get a lot of these reports, no doubt they will look into it further.

I will say that anyone who has not and do not buy gems has a lot less reason to complain. Nothing is ever "free". It costs TL to make and runs these games. It's true that their behavior has not encouraged me to buy gems lately, but after we got a lot of new content I did. Perhaps they intended to have weekly updates but then found they couldn't keep up. I am not making excuses for them, but simply providing some reasons why. But it is wrong of them to continue to claim weekly updates when they have done no such thing for months on end. I believe in punishing negative behavior and rewarding positive behavior. If TL sees an increase in Gem sales when they have reduced the price and provided more content, maybe they will take the hint that this is the way to go. But we all should still write to Apple until they provide an honest ad or make good on their promises

Unregistered
12-23-10, 11:15 AM
Teamlavas gift today!

Unregistered
12-25-10, 03:24 PM
I'm hoping there'll be more islands added soon on 'Treasure Story'... I've already used real $$ to buy gems to re-visit islands, but I'm not planning on doing that again without some further hope of more islands! If there aren't any new islands coming, maybe the ability to revisit for coins?

Fingers crossed!

I've gotten several people hooked on these teamlava games. My hubby & I play all of 'em! Is there a zoo version planned?

My ID: loisangel

Unregistered
12-26-10, 07:28 AM
really love the suggestion from the post before this, about re-visiting the island with choice of money and gems.

feel free to cost like 1k-20k for each visit so people need to tend more and hope for others to tend their island to collect enough coins to visit. charging everything with gem pretty much make me stop playing it.

so norman (and or other team lava people) please take this suggestion to consideration

cheers!

Unregistered
01-14-11, 12:41 PM
I have a theory about TL. Could it be that TL are under pressure from Storm8 to add new games? This could explain why the newly added games are incomplete/buggy. I also suspect that TL are not a massive posse of programmers, but one or two who also have a day job/jobs to do. It seems that people are getting hugely worked up about nothing. Its a game! If you choose to spend money on gems to buy virtual items, that's up to you, but don't get all grouchy because you now can't afford to do things in the real world!