PDA

View Full Version : The Bad Neighbor List

Smegz
06-30-10, 08:06 AM
Until something is created which will allow players to manage their neighbor lists, here's a list that may help us.

This list is for those neighbors that are active but NEVER return water. They are the leeches that only water when they are out prospecting for new suckers.

Please list player name and level.

Here's one of my biggest offenders:

SPALDING (lvl 28)

Smegz
06-30-10, 08:09 AM
SPALDING lvl 28

Unregistered
06-30-10, 03:24 PM
Blessing Star (lv49)

She'll post that she's watered my farm yet when I look at my New Feed, she won't be listed.

Unregistered
06-30-10, 04:18 PM
This list is a good idea, for those who WATCH the news feed with it listing ONLY the most reccent names that watered you within the next 15 people.
this is actually a creation of a list that has a name on the list with some sort of problem with eachother.

creativity is good ..
accussations and assumptions should be the title of this list for farmstory does not have all its features to please everyone.

If you really want to add someone on a list like this; don't forget to add your name too for reffrence.

Because one can play the game same way too.

Unregistered
06-30-10, 04:21 PM
Until something is created which will allow players to manage their neighbor lists, here's a list that may help us.

This list is for those neighbors that are active but NEVER return water. They are the leeches that only water when they are out prospecting for new suckers.

Please list player name and level.

Here's one of my biggest offenders:

SPALDING (lvl 28)

you said it right!!! untill and when able to creat ones own good list

Unregistered
07-01-10, 12:59 AM
Just like the community star rating 4 stars gets u to the top of the community list, A rating for neighbors could be created where the active neighbors go up on your list. So that the list is not alphabetical but based on activity. Non active neighbors would end up on the bottem of your neighbor list.

Unregistered
07-01-10, 05:24 AM
Just like the community star rating 4 stars gets u to the top of the community list, A rating for neighbors could be created where the active neighbors go up on your list. So that the list is not alphabetical but based on activity. Non active neighbors would end up on the bottem of your neighbor list.

This is brilliant--because it doesn't require TeamLava to do a lot of extra work. They already have the star ratings in place and they already have a way of sorting by ratings.

How about it TeamLava?

Unregistered
07-01-10, 05:49 AM
marc Hudson (level 32)

Holland (level 38)

Unregistered
07-01-10, 01:25 PM
_ _ _ _ yuki lvl 32 (Has a bunch of blank spaces in front of name)

_ _ aaaa. matty lvl 32 (Has a couple of blank spaces in front of name)

I post on their walls and ask them to post when they water and they never do. I've now posted on their walls telling them if they don't post on mine I will start spamming on their walls hourly, letting everyone know they do not return water. So far I've had to do this with another neighbor and it's working, they have to harvest with barely 25% of their crops watered. It just makes me smile :)

swati
07-02-10, 01:52 AM
_ _ _ _ yuki lvl 32 (Has a bunch of blank spaces in front of name)

_ _ aaaa. matty lvl 32 (Has a couple of blank spaces in front of name)

I post on their walls and ask them to post when they water and they never do. I've now posted on their walls telling them if they don't post on mine I will start spamming on their walls hourly, letting everyone know they do not return water. So far I've had to do this with another neighbor and it's working, they have to harvest with barely 25% of their crops watered. It just makes me smile :)

I water a lot (I have a 4 star rating) but rarely post on people's walls - with over 100 neighbours I don't have time to write on each wall to say I've watered. Why don't you put your energy into asking the developers to increase the size of the news feed so you know for sure who has watered? For all you know the people you are getting angry at do water you, but get dropped off the news feed.

Martain
08-01-10, 01:01 AM
Drizzy drake

Unregistered
08-01-10, 04:09 AM
Honestly folks, this is a very old issue. And can be easily fixed if teamlava would just give us the delete option in the neighbours list.
I just dun understand why they R taking so darn long...

Unregistered
08-01-10, 04:29 AM
if teamlava would just give us the delete option in the neighbours list.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?684-How-to-remove-neighbours-from-the-list

Ellie
08-01-10, 05:20 AM
Although I agree with the sentiments of the thread, active farmers not watering, there may be some reason why some farmers are not watering back. I do have some neighbours with a 0 star rating who have been good neighbours in the past. For example, it takes less than 5 minutes to harvest, plough and plant even the largest of farms but watering a complete neighbour list can take a good few hours. Even just watering back can be time consuming.

Since the delete neighbour function was included, I have reduced my neighbour list by at least 50% while adding some new neighbours. I now always leave a message on the wall whether a neighbour or not. This ensures I don't fall off the bottom of the news feed.

Only my opinion but naming and shaming is not constructive, just hit the delete button, there are plenty of good farmers who will be more than happy to water back.

Ellie

Fedora
08-01-10, 05:55 AM
Only my opinion but naming and shaming is not constructive, just hit the delete button, there are plenty of good farmers who will be more than happy to water back.

I absolutely agree!

And: Shouldn't people be able to play the game as they like? Maybe there are people who are not interested in watering/being watered at all. So If you have a 0-Star-rating neighbour, just leave him unwatered, he might just need neighbours for the expansions or he might like the gifting. Why blaming people for not needing the water or not having time to play the game long enough for watering all their neighbors back? As well people could be sick, on holiday, having important stuff to do...

A non watering neighbour is not necessarily a bad neighbour. If you want a list of bad neighbors, choose those who are spamming or insulting others. THIS is bad.

Unregistered
08-03-10, 02:12 AM
I water a lot (I have a 4 star rating) but rarely post on people's walls - with over 100 neighbours I don't have time to write on each wall to say I've watered. Why don't you put your energy into asking the developers to increase the size of the news feed so you know for sure who has watered? For all you know the people you are getting angry at do water you, but get dropped off the news feed.

I have over 200 neighbors and I try watering all of them everyday. It seems very hard for me at first but now I copy my statement and paste it on their walls when I stop by. It is not quite a polite way to do but it saves me lots of time and my fingers won't tired.. You should try it sometimes... I also notice some of my neighbors do not give back but anw, I do not care much about. I just wish teamlava would create a way to remember who I did water because it happens all the time that when I try to help my neighbors, many of them have full watered farms so I just pass them.. I do not want to miss any but my brain cannot remember who I passed and missed with more than 200 neighbors on my list [sigh]

Donnahh
08-04-10, 12:50 AM
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but this is a REALLY bad idea.
It reeks of bad manners, bad karma and just plain nastiness.

Sometimes life takes over and people lose interest in a game. Now we have the delete button, do we really need to publicly bash people in a forum?

Immature, childish and REALLY not necessary ... I have my share of bad neighbors but they don't last on my list long ... and I see no need, and no benefit, to posting their names here. None.

Karma is a two way street ...

Watered
08-06-10, 12:16 AM
I don't wish to rain on your parade, but this is a REALLY bad idea.
It reeks of bad manners, bad karma and just plain nastiness.

Sometimes life takes over and people lose interest in a game. Now we have the delete button, do we really need to publicly bash people in a forum?

Immature, childish and REALLY not necessary ... I have my share of bad neighbors but they don't last on my list long ... and I see no need, and no benefit, to posting their names here. None.

Karma is a two way street ...

Donnahh is right.

Also, public bashing is so negative for a positive game.

I named myself "Watered". Less typing and I'm a fantastic neighbor.

I limit my amount of neighbors to the requirements of land expansion. You'll have the best neighbors and less watering time. Pretty easy to figure out.

Happy Farming!

-Watered :)

Beautiful
08-09-10, 09:51 PM

That is an excellent idea..am tired of watering people who dont water me back all the time.

Unregistered
08-10-10, 01:41 AM
Would be awesome if the list could be sorted alphabetically, by how often do neighbours water you, and who has watered you most.

I would love to be able to water (and be watered) 11 or more times after a certain time... as in every 10 times you water the same person, you can water him/her 11 times or he/she can water you 11 times, then 12, then 13 etc.