PDA

View Full Version : Tips and Stars

mrysd
01-24-13, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know how many tips you have to do a day to keep a 2 or 3 rating. I feel guilty wanting to delete people with 0 or 1 star rating but it doesnt seem like it take much at all to keep at least a 2.

creamypuff
01-24-13, 02:38 PM
I wish I could give you an exact number, but I can say for sure, that keeping a rating of 2 is very VERY easy. And even if you keep an extremely low number of neighbors, if you tip them daily, you'll have no problem staying at 2. I don't delete low ratings, personally. They can help gifting and accepting material requests. I just post on my wall "If you have a rating of 3 to 4, I will tip you daily. If your rating is 2 or lower, please post that you've tipped and I will tip you back". Just easier for me.

AnnasCoffee
01-24-13, 05:01 PM
I'm 2 star. I tip 2 or 3 people every other day. Sometimes wait 3 or four days, then I tip 3 or 4 people. Thats all you have to do to maintain 2 stars. If you only want neighbors who tip... I suggest you delete all of the 2 star people.

To maintain a 3 star rating doesn't take a whole lot of effort either. A 3 star neighbor could never tip you and still be 3 star.

Flashygrrl
01-24-13, 06:41 PM
2 is def really easy and then if you tip your neighbors (even if you only have a few) and all of the people who come floating in from the community list, you get 3 star pretty darn quickly.

electrikbarbarella
01-24-13, 09:45 PM
Does anyone know how many tips you have to do a day to keep a 2 or 3 rating. I feel guilty wanting to delete people with 0 or 1 star rating but it doesnt seem like it take much at all to keep at least a 2.

Are you sure you want to delete them? I have many 0 and 1 star neighbors that gift and reply to material requests. Some players don't see the point in tipping and play without doing it. Just a thought...

mrysd
01-25-13, 12:49 AM
I know there is a benefit of keeping the 0 and 1 stars. I do get coins and stars just for visiting their bakery. I just get really stressed because I feel like I have to tip everyone every day. I always respond to anyone asking me to add them. It is consuming too much of my day because I have 330 neighbors now.

srg70
01-25-13, 05:50 AM
Tipping to stay a 1 or 2 star is very easy! I'm a 4 star, to stay at that I tip approx 10-12 neighbors a day. Some days I don't have time, and I will drop to a 3 star.

anurulz
01-27-13, 03:45 AM
its generally not possible to tip all neighbours everyday...am normally at 3 stars..but i do make it a point to gift daily..and i know most of my neighbours do the same...

vanilla_vodka
01-27-13, 04:37 AM
it's very hard to reach 4 stars

meggymoo141
01-27-13, 09:58 AM
I am 4 star and tip and gift all neighbours everyday, I have over 150 neighbours, only write on walls if there is a problem (tables full etc) Only takes an hour in total, tip 1/2 list in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. Its not difficult, add to game play visiting neighbours, so many different bakeries and designs.

AnnasCoffee
01-27-13, 11:48 AM
I just get really stressed because I feel like I have to tip everyone every day. I always respond to anyone asking me to add them. It is consuming too much of my day because I have 330 neighbors now.

You tip 330 neighbors EVERYDAY ?!? That's a lot of work/time. I bet not even 10% of those people tip you back everyday. Tipping is very low profit anyway.

Everyone needs to decide how they want to play. But I don't think you should feel guilty for wanting to cut back on neighbors. No one needs that many. If I were you I would ...

1. STOP adding new neighbors (you are not obligated to accept everyone's request).

2. decide if you wanted to continue tipping (I DON'T tip at all because it's boring, takes SO MUCH time and its the lowest profit part of the game).

3. if you decide to continue tipping... I would delete everyone with 0-2 stars. They are NOT tipping you back.

4. Then I would check how many neighbors I still had. If I still had more than 80, I would delete the 3 star people too. A 3 star neighbor is probably only tipping you once or twice a week.

Some people think it's mean to delete a neighbor. I think deleting neighbors is a nessecity in this game. People quit all the time. I had over 150 inactive neighbors. If you don't weed-out the old neighbors you will get tired of the game.

Flashygrrl
01-27-13, 12:40 PM
I have less than 20 neighbors, I tip everyday and also tip back to the people who come across my bakery and it took me to 4 stars. It doesn't always stay that way but who cares?

sugarcookie99
01-27-13, 02:41 PM
My theory on tipping so that it's not as serious and overwhelming:
I've got well over 100 neighbors. Maybe half of them are 0 stars. I *try* to tip everyone with a 1 star or better rating at least every other day. That keeps me at a 3 and sometimes a 4. But I'm a full time college student and I seriously do not have time or the attention span to sit down and tip everybody. If they make an effort to tip or if tipping is important to that 4 star neighbor, then I will tip them back as often as possible. To those that are 0 stars, obviously tipping isn't important to them, so I don't.
I don't judge people that are 0 stars. Just because someone doesn't tip, that doesn't mean that they won't help you with goals and materials when you ask, or gift you.
I accept anyone who asks to be neighbors. I don't delete people, unless it's obvious that they've gone inactive, or if they get snotty on me.
I do not take tipping so seriously. Guess what? I'm just fine.

nky1111
01-27-13, 02:54 PM
Only takes an hour in total

multiply that by 8 games and get a big lol)))))

nky1111
01-27-13, 05:45 PM
actually tipping 0 star people is quite effective)) because they always have free space, and 4-stars players are always full)))

sugarcookie99
01-27-13, 09:42 PM
actually tipping 0 star people is quite effective)) because they always have free space, and 4-stars players are always full)))

YES! 4 star people hardly ever have space.

310pnut
01-28-13, 12:06 PM
I'm a 4 star and tip 60 nbrs daily. Also 1-2 is very easy. 2 get to 2 u probably have 2 tip 10 nbrs @ most

saucysammis
01-28-13, 10:40 PM
If I remember correctly, once you get a 4 star rating you must tip 72 tips, that's 6 tips each to 12 neighbors, to maintain the 4 star rating. If you tip more then you will have 4 stars on off days that you can't tip.