PDA

View Full Version : Caste Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 23 Jan 2013

maguar
01-24-13, 03:15 AM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41032-More-gifting-please) requesting more gift options. For info on the upcoming update check out this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44825-Content-Update-News-Coming-Soon!).

Edit: I'm going to keep this poll open for another two weeks. Thanks to everyone who has voted so far. Could you please post some more suggestions so that I have enough for another poll in two weeks.

mymummy789
01-24-13, 03:30 AM
oooh, I got in first!!! I would LOVE a glimmer dust tree. It is very annoying being constantly maxed on mushrooms trying to get a small amount of glimmer dust!!!

lotuskat
01-24-13, 02:12 PM
I'd love glimmerdust tree too! A horse and carriage would be a nice decoration, but the green house sounds a lot like the conservatory.

lotuskat
01-24-13, 02:12 PM
How about a vineyard? I'm also hoping for more quests!

maguar
01-24-13, 02:23 PM
Greenhouse I'm thinking is more for veg. Maybe a chance it drops random crops?

cymoril69
01-24-13, 02:29 PM
We NEED some sort of coal producing item. I think I've destroyed an entire quarry of large rocks while mining for coal. I vote glimmer dust tree too!! :)

maguar
01-24-13, 02:34 PM
Try the more expensive iron rich rocks to see if they give you a better result.

cymoril69
01-24-13, 02:37 PM
Thanks Maguar....will try that. I just hacked up a dark cave formation and it gave me nothing but coins. Have you seen anything good come out of those? Or are they just pretty? ......and they are pretty so I keep one as decoration. :)

TheTimer
01-24-13, 02:49 PM
We need a favorite kingdom list, for like if we want to see some ones kingdom and can't be friends or a kingdom search box wear we can put in kingdom name or user ID.

Ps: maguar how do you pronounce your name.

maguar
01-24-13, 02:52 PM
Thanks Maguar....will try that. I just hacked up a dark cave formation and it gave me nothing but coins. Have you seen anything good come out of those? Or are they just pretty? ......and they are pretty so I keep one as decoration. :)

Where you maxed on items like jewels, silver, iron, coal and stone? I've had all of those out of them.

maguar
01-24-13, 02:53 PM
I like to think of it as mag wah - rhymes with jaguar.

TheTimer
01-24-13, 03:00 PM
I like to think of it as mag wah - rhymes with jaguar.
Thanks

jaybay1147
01-24-13, 03:06 PM
Glimmer dust tree and green house....you can tell I'm a nature fanatic. C:

cloudsail
01-24-13, 04:19 PM
And I'm constantly maxed out on glimmer dust...and mermaid scales. And I have more jewels than I can use. Water tiles would definitely be cool.

cymoril69
01-24-13, 06:53 PM
Yes, maxed out.....that explains it. Thanks

beaniedee6
01-24-13, 07:59 PM
oooh, I got in first!!! I would LOVE a glimmer dust tree. It is very annoying being constantly maxed on mushrooms trying to get a small amount of glimmer dust!!!

Agreed...a random drop from mushrooms is annoying. Not to mention that when I'm using glimmerdust constantly to build things, I have to have a massive mushroom patch just to gather enough glimmerdust. I think a tree would be great, even if it cost gems like the fruit trees do (and maybe was a rare drop from adventures too).

cloudsail
01-24-13, 08:59 PM
After ivy's hut and the tablet, do people still need lots of glimmer dust? I only keep 4 red mushroom patches and they produce more than I need. I would say they average at least 50% drop rate.

maguar
01-25-13, 01:32 AM
I finished ivy and the tablet ages ago. I still needs lots of Glimmerdust as I'm working on maxing enchanted blocks and beams. Then there's super glue as well. Lots of uses.

cloudsail
01-25-13, 02:36 AM
But that's only because you're trying to max out on enchanted blocks and beams, not like you actually need it for something concrete at the moment. I've also built up a decent supply of superglue and enchanter's essence trying to use up my glimmerdust, and it's doubtful whether I'll be using up all of them anytime in the near future. That's why I consider the need for GD to no longer be very high after ivy's hut and tablet are unlocked. Unless of course in the next update there are new buildings or quests that require vast amounts again.

maguar
01-25-13, 04:12 AM
In the previous update MHz mentioned that were hoping to get building upgrades into it. It didn't happen with that update so I reckon it will be in the next one. MHz mentioned it will not be easy to update so I reckon that could be high level craft materials. Here's his info from the last update on upgrades:

I'll be working on this next week (hopefully)... so you can expect to actually see the update either at the end of next week or in 2 weeks.. depending on how long it takes to implement and test the changes.

Here's a little tease: you'll be able to upgrade your coin and royal buildings for increased payouts, and royal point values :) They'll look the same visually (for now) but you'll definitely get increased rewards for upgrading.

Upgrading is meant as a long term goal for high level players, and will not be easy :)

onemansmiracle
01-25-13, 04:48 AM
The only thing I am constantly short is mermaid scale... For the purpose of dark cave adventure... And more for cathedrals. I have way too many glimmer dusts... 5-7 from dark cave adventure everyday,4 from magic garden,1-2 from ivy's house,at least 4 from battling trolls every day,and 2-6 from sir piggy everyday..and when I am unlucky Feed the baron also give me glimmer dust... And neighbors stop sending me glimmer dusts thx.. When I need wood,old blog also drops glimmer dust... BUT I can only fishing mermaid scale from well and pond,and with the chance of only 20% after I have had the shard.

onemansmiracle
01-25-13, 04:53 AM
So I choose green house ;) save some energies from harvesting... Need those energies for fishing mermaid scales!

roosfamily
01-25-13, 05:16 AM
the same with mermaid scales and also rat tails: I'm running out of both.

roxxyd
01-25-13, 05:52 AM
I'm constantly in need of mermaid scales for the dark caves adventure and coal to make wisp lanterns!!!

mymummy789
01-25-13, 06:16 AM

I like this idea, but I've already voted :(

lotuskat
01-25-13, 11:35 AM

That would actually be pretty cool, kinda like the mill popping out flour! I need lots of carrots and red peppers for the Castle adventures.

cloudsail
01-25-13, 12:14 PM
The ability to upgrade buildings would definitely be cool. Of course it would be even cooler if they looked different after the upgrade :) maybe that's why they didn't roll it out last time.

lotuskat
01-25-13, 01:00 PM
The upgrade option would great, especially when we start running out of space!

nickerrs
01-25-13, 01:01 PM
I'm really excited about the possibility of water tiles seeing as I suggested a moat to surround my queen's court with!

farrels
01-25-13, 04:59 PM
glimmer dust tree!

jumperjing3
01-27-13, 10:24 AM
Glimmerdust tree! If we got the mermaid lake and glimmerdust tree I would be very happy! Water tiles would be cool too!

mika131920
01-27-13, 11:53 AM
Please design more quests. Want to get to the outer lands but then nothing is there. Can't the troll pit give you something other than coins? Like wisp or lanterns. I am losing interest since there is nothing to strive to achieve. Thank you for reading this☺

Fomomo
01-27-13, 12:42 PM
Sap is also hard to get. Spending 10 energies to chop down a tree (after planting and watering it 5 times) to get one or two sap seems less productive than 50/50 chance I get from the red mushroom rings. Adding another knowledge shard to increase chances for getting sap would be nice for the update.

TheTimer
01-31-13, 10:29 PM
Gems for daily bonus;):D

Mylly2
01-31-13, 10:58 PM
Maybe we could get a second troll pit, to 'travel' through to get to other areas of our kingdom. I'd like to have a moat around my keep and we could fish for objects from it. I really hope the update is soon, some of my nbrs are quitting due to boredom. I'm not bored yet, just losing interest.

jose6699
02-02-13, 10:48 AM
Please make Sir Piggy able to spit out Ambergris.

maguar
02-02-13, 03:35 PM
Please make Sir Piggy able to spit out Ambergris.

To make perfume to cover up the smell of Ivy's cooking? Lol

jose6699
02-02-13, 03:57 PM
To make perfume to cover up the smell of Ivy's cooking? Lol

LOL why not?

Inspired by recent news: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/02/whale-vomit-ambergris-words

It's not bad to have some materials that can make perfume.

And ambergris must be a very very rare drop.

I like those rare drop in Castle Story, even if they are useless so far.

zebra715
02-02-13, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the links maguar; sorry I posted in the wrong place. I vote for a mermaid pool or a way to gift mermaid scales would be great. Also, would love to be able to sort neighbors. Being able to see at a glance from the list how many hearts (or tips or likes or whatever) I have given that neighbor like 0/6, 4/6, etc. not sure how difficult that would be to implement into the game.

j1austin1
02-03-13, 08:22 AM
I would like to see mermaid scales be giftable. AND, if devas think it's necessary to limit # of gifts each day, at least increase that limit to, say, 5 or 6.

j1austin1
02-03-13, 08:24 AM
OK, that was supposed to be devas, not devas (winch someone might think I meant to be divas but didn't know bow to spell). I definitely do not want to offend.

j1austin1
02-03-13, 08:27 AM
I guess my smart phone is at it again -- devs as in developers. So sorry, would normally let go as typo, but not when can be taken in negative context - not my intent at all.

justk9188
02-05-13, 06:06 AM
Can we get Barracks ? Or some military-buildings ?
I think Thruston need some work to do hmm ?

Em_storm
02-05-13, 06:27 PM
I went with water tiles because the idea of a moat is rather appealing, or maybe a river. Of course then I'd need a bridge...

bbarra
02-06-13, 07:56 AM
Suggestion...in the news feed when you gift back then have it deleted. I can't always remember who I gifted to and when it shows up again then I sometimes think did I gift them or not. I'm sure I've double gifted back a couple of times which left my others friends waiting for their gift. If they can't be deleted then maybe a box where you can put a check mark to show that you returned a gift.

cakeandpie
02-06-13, 03:24 PM
We NEED some sort of coal producing item. I think I've destroyed an entire quarry of large rocks while mining for coal.

YES!!!! Coal is the only thing I constantly need more of! I am always buying more rock outcroppings (the iron rich rock doesn't seem to drop coal at a better rate for me). A coal mine would be excellent!!

beaniedee6
02-06-13, 03:39 PM
Suggestion...in the news feed when you gift back then have it deleted. I can't always remember who I gifted to and when it shows up again then I sometimes think did I gift them or not. I'm sure I've double gifted back a couple of times which left my others friends waiting for their gift. If they can't be deleted then maybe a box where you can put a check mark to show that you returned a gift.

I think this is a fantastic idea. I also get confused and a way to distinguish who I've already gifted in return and who I have (permanently, not just temporarily removing them once I've sent a gift), would be awesome.

bunny2889
02-08-13, 09:56 PM
Higher energy cap! It gets so old going through my 30 in about a minute, then watching the timer count down to when I can get one more.

akimotoshun
02-08-13, 10:39 PM
Hope next update come with non royal points wall and gate. Need more to make my whole castle safe. lol

lopez3082
02-09-13, 08:53 AM
Ill like to see water tiles and glimmer dust tree and maybe a draw bridge for the castle 😉

bbarra
02-09-13, 09:39 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea. I also get confused and a way to distinguish who I've already gifted in return and who I have (permanently, not just temporarily removing them once I've sent a gift), would be awesome.
You know it would also ne nice if there was a way that when you gift some one that you could some way let them know what you needed in return. Works both ways...when you receive gift you ca see what the are requesting....like a text box titled NEEDED.

cakeandpie
02-09-13, 05:57 PM
I need a 40 energy cap! Since the update, I NEVER have enough energy; it is very frustrating.

wassupbaby
02-10-13, 01:18 AM
A Sweepstake would be nice. It's been a long time since the last one and CS just had a new update so i think a contest will be great :)

mymummy789
02-10-13, 03:17 AM
I need a 40 energy cap! Since the update, I NEVER have enough energy; it is very frustrating.

I am lucky enough to have the 40 cap and even I am struggling at the moment, so I am with you in your wish that everyone should have their energy cap raised to 40

roosfamily
02-10-13, 04:29 AM
I am lucky enough to have the 40 cap and even I am struggling at the moment, so I am with you in your wish that everyone should have their energy cap raised to 40
Or at least let us level up over 30 level for a fixed amount of xp as in city story in order to have once every 3 or 4 days the complete refill.

beaniedee6
02-10-13, 07:22 AM
You know it would also ne nice if there was a way that when you gift some one that you could some way let them know what you needed in return. Works both ways...when you receive gift you ca see what the are requesting....like a text box titled NEEDED.

I love this idea. Right now I either send back what was sent to me or check my wall to see if there's a specific request from the person I'm sending a gift to. So much easier to have the request right there with the gift they sent.

bbarra
02-11-13, 07:55 AM
The way I'm working it now is I don't accept the item until I can gift back. Of course sometimes a badly needed item just sits there a few days so I accept and make a note of it.

I also had another thought. I get tired of scrolling through inventory when I know it's near the end. If the could but A-Z buttons at the top that would be great. Something like A-G...H-L, you get the idea. Would have to be more than 4 but would give you a way to jump ahead. I've worn my stylus out scrolling!!!

Paul__
02-11-13, 04:22 PM
luck tree
New Game : Castle Story: St. Partick's Day
luck sheep
pot of gold
leaf of gold (found from luck tree)
luck wall
Gold Shop you can make coins ,luck of gold pot , leaf of gold ,and pots and
luck walls

Starlitstream
02-12-13, 11:07 PM
I would like to be able to build more walls and hedges, but it keeps saying I need to increase a level (even though i have gone up levels). Do these have to a maximum limit? Can't there just be a maximum on how many royal points you can get no matter how many you have? Or have the option of building the same walls and hedges but a non royal version? I really want to be able to decorate my kingdom how I want. It's frustrating not being able to.

maguar
02-12-13, 11:26 PM
Walls do have a limit. You can see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43595-wall-limit&p=505145&viewfull=1#post505145) for more info

Starlitstream
02-13-13, 01:52 AM
Walls do have a limit. You can see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43595-wall-limit&p=505145&viewfull=1#post505145) for more info

Thanks Maguar, definitely something teamlava needs to work on improving.

lalisa
02-13-13, 07:18 AM
Tailor shop to use wool and hides then can also add cotton as a crop.
An actual mermaid was suggested before and a lake for her to swim in
More magic- how about Ivy spontaneously collecting all crops every so often to preserve energy sine TL can't manage to raise the cap for everyone or a water tower that fills itself over time so u don't have to use energy?

CatLadyy
02-17-13, 05:07 AM
luck tree
luck sheep
pot of gold
luck wall
luck walls

Yes!! And new character/storyline - leprechaun. Clover patch.

Paul__
02-18-13, 12:29 PM
luck tree
luck sheep
pot of gold
luck wall
luck walls

I have a few other things they are armor ( you can put it on yourself ) , new bar it is your health and food you can eat food to get food , put armor on so you will not get ****ed but armor has only takes 55 hits by enemy's you can craft armor in the workshop if you die you will lose all you stuff in your inventory.

blurbie
02-20-13, 11:00 PM
I want something that glows! Maybe colored lights or a big butterfly decoration.

Also, the chance to upgrade light posts that will illumine them!

blurbie
02-20-13, 11:01 PM
Phooey, I clicked too soon and meant to also choose a target dummy. I need one!

blurbie
02-20-13, 11:05 PM
How about a goofy bard character who will sing in the tavern, sing to Ivy and I can send him to my neighbors to sing something very silly? That would be fun! He should interfere with the Baron and not take the dear Baron seriously, to my character's utter delight.

bowlfullofcherries
02-21-13, 05:22 AM
I'd like a double tap on an item to un-highlight it for mistakes while using energy. If I'm moving fast and tap something by mistake it means waiting for my avatar to catch up to my taps before pressing edit to stop the flow and starting up again. Kind of tedious. Double tapping to cancel a highlight would be useful.

bowlfullofcherries
02-21-13, 05:31 AM
I'd also like for the Royal Points system to display a compilation of where I'm personally getting points from, especially with this new update and the ability to upgrade buildings. I just got a royal cow from a quest and placed it but quickly decided to put it in storage. I saw a red '-25' flash on my screen before fading. I hadn't realized my royal animals were so helpful!

I'd like something like this:
Royal Points total- 3000

Royal cow- 25
Library level 3- xxx
Marketplace level 5- xxx
Library level 5- xxx

Etc and so on. This would give players a quick assessment of where to work if they're keen on upping royal points and a general view of their kingdom's worth.

blurbie
02-21-13, 11:31 AM
I would like a barn! This building would be different than a storehouse in that I bring all my animals that I have bought out of storage. Then I move them into the barn. When I click on the barn I collect from these stored animals! Maxed items become coins. The building itself could give a rare item as well.

Similarly, the greenhouse could store my vacant plots and I could collect from them daily rather than leaving vacant plots in my storehouse.

Anything left out can be collected as usual.

We have no more space in our kingdoms. Maneuvering things around to fit in things from storage is a tight fit. I want all my buildings out to upgrade but I need crops and animals out as well. Buildings that have a storage + collection feature would be grand!

sockball
02-21-13, 12:57 PM
A way to increase the chance at rare drops that people try at for months. It seems that upgrades are helping some buildings but I believe stuff like the tablet shards or gold items don't increase % chance over time as people don't get them. Maybe an item to increase those chances. That's why I like the glimmer dust tree.

sockball
02-21-13, 01:00 PM
Although at this point a mermaid scale tree would be much more helpful. (In my main character)

missysayhi
02-21-13, 02:02 PM
I LOVE the new updates. I would like to ask one thing, however. Please, please, please. I'm on my knees begging. Could we please have new areas to expand to? Adding a lake with a mermaid, maybe with a dock where we can ship extra items in our supply shed for things we need would also be wonderful. That way we don't receive only a glimmer tree or mermaid scales, but we could choose to exchange, say, 50 fish for 15 scales or 50 hides for 1 cow. We could be required to gather supplies to build a ship. Maybe a new character, a captain of the ship, could be introduced with the ship. With all the Team Lava games we play, I don't believe one of them has a sea/water feature. It would be a platform for multiple new products and goals. Fun for everybody! Yippee!!!

jaybay1147
02-21-13, 02:15 PM
I say a new St. Patrick's day quest would be cool, ending with a lepercaun like the Valentines update did with the Alicorn. Also I am totally with the mermaid pond idea.

sockball
02-21-13, 04:32 PM
Oh I love the idea of being able to exchange goods. And a mermaid lake would be really cool.

AFineWar
02-22-13, 09:49 AM
I think wee need to have more energy as our level goes up. It staying at 30 while you gain more buildings and have to gather more and more resources to upgrade and build things isn't really balanced.

maguar
02-22-13, 06:36 PM
Thanks so much for the suggestions. The new thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46878-Castle-Story-Suggestion-Thread-and-Poll-2-20-13) is up now.