PDA

View Full Version : More doors, less space method, need opinions :)

gizzymobaby
01-22-13, 11:40 AM
After being told to try the foods that are 10+ for the net/serve amount to make more coins, I've been very successful, making around 100,000 coins per day.

So to try and increase that further I've decided to try out the method were you have more doors and separate sections to the bakery.

I wondered if those who know of this method would just leave an opinion if they think the space to the tables/chairs is still too long, or whether it looks ok?

I've attached a photo below :)

Stueeeee
01-22-13, 11:53 AM
It not bad, but u u should move the counters to other side of the room so the tables are close to the door! When u expand a bit, add a third section.

naviauxc
01-22-13, 12:25 PM
I agree, move the counters to the other side, so that the tables can be as close to the door as possible. I just recently changed to this kind of layout, and it's working fabulously for me!

Gypsy_Cat
01-22-13, 12:29 PM
I had a 5 section bakery for a long time, it was good but right now I'm using the T layout. Gizzy: I would definitely move the counters to the 'end' of the floor and get the tables as close as possible.

gizzymobaby
01-22-13, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys :-) I never thought of moving the counters! Lol

AnnasCoffee
01-22-13, 01:05 PM
I used a two door layout for a long time. If you chose to use a 2 door design... you can increase your sales if you reduce the space inbetween the chairs to one square. It looks like a hallway.

Here is a link to a pic (bottom of post #31)
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43223-Anything-I-could-do-to-earn-profit-faster/page4

I also chose to take down my two door design. Instead, I use a mofided T-design (like anketam and srg70). In my opinion, multiple doors don't increase sales. A one door design is just as efficient as a 3 door (unless you plan to keep your app open). I would save your gems for something other than a third door.

Also, a one door design takes up less floor/wall space than a muli-door design, which leaves more room to decorate.

gizzymobaby
01-22-13, 01:15 PM
Thanks. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it does make a difference. I'm definitely not committing to a third door yet. I also like some decorations so I don't want to just end up with loads of decorations that just split everything up. I'll see how it goes. I've moved my counters now so the chairs are much closer to the door/counter :-)

anketam
01-22-13, 01:19 PM
The big draw back with a multidoor layout is you need extra tables at each door to protect against a surge against one door. Even then you can still get broken hearts. The draw back with single door layouts is that there is far less creativity available.

I personally switch back and forth as I get bored an want to change things up.

Gypsy_Cat
01-22-13, 02:49 PM
The big draw back with a multidoor layout is you need extra tables at each door to protect against a surge against one door. Even then you can still get broken hearts. The draw back with single door layouts is that there is far less creativity available.

I personally switch back and forth as I get bored an want to change things up.

I totally agree with this whole post. When I had multiple sections, I would definitely get the occasional broken heart. I wouldn't care about my rating since it would be immediately replaced, but that was one less customer spending money in my shop. But, it was really fun to have all different designs so I might switch back someday.

gizzymobaby
01-23-13, 09:31 PM
I've been watching closely now. And while a can see some what of a bigger profit I also noticed that the till I bought doesn't seem to serve customers as quick as the original...it's definitely at least 2 to 3 seconds slower, compared to the original till that they're there at for less than a second. Has anybody else noticed this? It's just that kind of dismisses the whole point of doing this lol. If both tills worked at the same speed there would be a much greater profit margin compared to using just the one till.

rosewaterlily
01-24-13, 01:13 AM
One of your cash registers is closer to the door than the other. Customers have to wait longer if the register is close to the door compared to when it's more inside the bakery. A register adjacent to the door takes ~7 customer walking spaces waiting time, one that's one space away takes about 6, two spaces ~5, and if your register is more than six spaces away from the door the customer barely stops before making way to their seat. Of course the trade off is the extra walking time to the register. In my two door layout, I keep one register next to the door - fewer total walking spaces, and one two spaces away - less waiting time, because I'm not sure which way is faster.