PDA

View Full Version : News feed - gifting back

bbarra
01-22-13, 07:19 AM
When you gift back is it removed from the news feed. I swore I gifted 2 gifts yesterday but they are still listed today. How can I keep track of who I owe gifts to?

arale_norimaki
01-22-13, 08:04 AM
All you can do is write it down. Many players use a spreadsheet :)

maguar
01-22-13, 11:25 AM
Each game day reset your newsfeed shows the last 20 gifts you received regardless of whether you gifted back or not.

mymummy789
01-22-13, 12:13 PM
Each game day reset your newsfeed shows the last 20 gifts you received regardless of whether you gifted back or not.

I didn't realize that. I thought it just showed the gifts from the last 7 days (that is where it always seems to end!!

deviouspixi
02-09-13, 04:50 PM
Wouldnt it make more sense to ChangE the colour of a gift from someone you have gifted back to already? Is or really that hard to add a feature like that? I'm finding it extremely frustrating to keep track of the gifting.

kikilicious74
02-10-13, 10:57 AM
Weird. Mine changes. I usually scroll down to the bottom of the list and gift back there. And it always changes the next day. Maybe it's just that you're only getting gifts from the same people over and over.

bbarra
02-14-13, 09:41 AM
I just finished gifting 3 people. When I finished the last one I went back to see how many we're still pending and the 3 people I just gifted were still there and the Accept button was green. Not only that but I thought after doing your 3 limit that the gifts still pending couldn't be seen any more. I know for sure that these 3 people didn't gift 2 days in a row and I do the oldest ones first and the oldest was 4 days ago and that's what it says so even if they did gift twice in a row then it would say 3 instead of 4. TL has to get this in control. There's been several discussions about keeping track because they aren't removed after you send a gift back or at least a box you can check so you will know that person was taken care of.

lotuskat
02-14-13, 09:44 AM
After sending three gifts, you can still see a list of gifts being sent to you. You just won't see any of the past gifts you've received. It's hard to track gifts without writing them down or keeping a list on Notepad, Excel, etc.

FlyingMonkee
02-14-13, 09:45 AM
Pending gifts count as a received gift and will count towards your daily maximum. Declining pending gifts will free up space to receive more gifts if you are still under the limit. If your neighbor attempts to send you a gift before you are able to decline pending gifts, they will receive an error message stating you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. Your neighbors will have to attempt to send the gift again after you have declined pending gifts to free up space. You can send a gift to all of your neighbors, as long as they have not reached the daily limit.

Castle Story also has a slightly different gifting mechanic. In Castle Story, you are able to gift 3 different neighbors, and receive and accept up to 20 gifts per day. If you select more than 3 neighbors to gift, the game will randomly select the 3 neighbors to send the gifts to.

bbarra
02-14-13, 10:53 AM
After sending three gifts, you can still see a list of gifts being sent to you. You just won't see any of the past gifts you've received. It's hard to track gifts without writing them down or keeping a list on Notepad, Excel, etc.
The 3 I'm seeing are the ones I gifted today....that's the problem. If there was at least a date showing when it was received then you could determine if it was new or the same one since you can't do the same person twice in the same day.

bbarra
02-14-13, 11:08 AM
Pending gifts count as a received gift and will count towards your daily maximum. Declining pending gifts will free up space to receive more gifts if you are still under the limit. If your neighbor attempts to send you a gift before you are able to decline pending gifts, they will receive an error message stating you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. Your neighbors will have to attempt to send the gift again after you have declined pending gifts to free up space. You can send a gift to all of your neighbors, as long as they have not reached the daily limit.

Castle Story also has a slightly different gifting mechanic. In Castle Story, you are able to gift 3 different neighbors, and receive and accept up to 20 gifts per day. If you select more than 3 neighbors to gift, the game will randomly select the 3 neighbors to send the gifts to.

Why would you decline a gift if you are under your limit? The way I try to determine if I already gifted some one is NOT to accept the gift unless I am returning the gift at the same time. So if it hasn't been accepted then I know it's one I haven't already done. I'd like to also say that the oldest one I did today was 4 days old and the other 2 were 3 days old. When I looked there were 2 or 3 more that said 4 days old including the same one that was 4 days old but they were the same names that I gifted today. One of the names had never gifted me before and it was 3 days old. He sent sap. Now here is there listed as 4 days old and sent fur. As I said I do the oldest first and there was only 1 that was 4 days.

I thought we could only give 3 gifts each day but it sounds like you are saying we can return as many as we want as long as you don't do the same neighbor twice in the same day.

olcastle
02-14-13, 01:35 PM
I thought we could only give 3 gifts each day but it sounds like you are saying we can return as many as we want as long as you don't do the same neighbor twice in the same day.

You can send as many as you want but only 3 random people will get your gifts.
You won't even know who are the lucky ones.

bbarra
02-14-13, 02:07 PM
You can send as many as you want but only 3 random people will get your gifts.
You won't even know who are the lucky ones.
That's not good. I want my neighbors to know I returned the favor. I get messages own my wall about how it been 3 days and I haven't gifted them back or people say they gifted me but I never saw their gift in my news feed. I thought they were just trying to get a freebie out of me. Now I feel bad because I deleted their post thinking they were pulling my leg. Actually this makes this game sorta "unneighborly"! It's getting boring anyway...too much to do, not enough energy, just producing resources and crafting. There's 2 other games I've been playing that got that way after a while and I've stopped playing because it was same old same old every day and just stopped being fun.

blurbie
02-17-13, 11:48 AM
I keep a list, then check off when they were returned. I am a month behind as they send faster than I receive. About 20% of my neighbors gift and a few are quite regular. I encourage new neighbors to make gifting partners of other new people since I am tied up.

The list of gifters, added to those who play regularly, help me to know who to remove or keep when I clean up the neighbor list. My family has accused me of keeping better records for the game than for taxes. (Not true, but funny)

I wish that once a month I could win a prize to "gift everyone in your neighbor list" on the same day. That would catch me up on gifting back.