PDA

View Full Version : cross breeding diamond with other dragons

alicat1982
01-21-13, 09:59 PM
I have been tryin forever to cross breed my diamond with other dragons with no luck. i've retired it with the fire dragon probably 30 times. I jus keep gettin another fire dragon.sigh. Is anyone else having this problem?

~ali

kasaokc
01-21-13, 10:07 PM
30 tries isn't that much. Keep trying. I got most of the way through a TV show before I got my crusader. Not sure how many tries that is but I had continuously bred through the whole thing. And 2 other sessions the day before ... only about 20 minutes worth before I got bored and then the bright idea to watch tv while doing it. Easily over 100 tries total though ...

accisse
01-21-13, 10:10 PM
I spent about four hours continuously breeding diamond with fire before getting my crusader. Just keep trying and good luck!

And of course I was watching TV at the same time. I timed the breeding of quetzal during another stretch of time when I could do this too. Right now I'm on my third try to get gold dragon. Working my way down the list from shortest to longest fail times, and I won't breed anything else unless any LE dragons come up. I have a theory that if you keep breeding the same pair, you'll get it sooner or later. Sometimes later of course!

Baraze
01-21-13, 11:14 PM
I went up to 200 and 300 tried while getting my crusader, quetzal and gold dragons. The angel came easy for me. Maybe that's why unicorn is kicking my bum......

Since the fail times are shorter, like others have said, it's not really a big problem. Now lets grip when you've tried over a hundred times for Anubis and mercury and we can talk. Those pests! I'm trying ONE more time for unicorn and then Im taking a break to go for mercury. Those twelve hours I hated so much don't look so bad after all.

accisse
01-21-13, 11:23 PM
I went up to 200 and 300 tried while getting my crusader, quetzal and gold dragons. The angel came easy for me. Maybe that's why unicorn is kicking my bum......

Since the fail times are shorter, like others have said, it's not really a big problem. Now lets grip when you've tried over a hundred times for Anubis and mercury and we can talk. Those pests! I'm trying ONE more time for unicorn and then Im taking a break to go for mercury. Those twelve hours I hated so much don't look so bad after all.

That's why I gave up trying for mercury and anubis for the time being :( in future there may be other dragons that will make these two look not too bad on hindsight, then I'll try for them again.

opanugie
01-21-13, 11:43 PM
already 60 times didnt get one yet

Baraze
01-22-13, 12:11 AM
That's why I gave up trying for mercury and anubis for the time being :( in future there may be other dragons that will make these two look not too bad on hindsight, then I'll try for them again.

At 33 hours the unicorn makes them pale in comparison with waiting. I will take a break from that. And I did. I sped up the unicorn and its egg because I couldn't stomach looking at the virtue anymore. So I went back to mercury. About four or five tries in, I got it just mere minut ago. But I've gotta wait until tomorrow, because Im out of gold and need the last mercury to finish. So Im down to Anubis. Which still won't be bad since its 13 hours less. After a week or that ill go on my hunt for my leopard and dream dragons.

accisse
01-22-13, 12:32 AM
At 33 hours the unicorn makes them pale in comparison with waiting. I will take a break from that. And I did. I sped up the unicorn and its egg because I couldn't stomach looking at the virtue anymore. So I went back to mercury. About four or five tries in, I got it just mere minut ago. But I've gotta wait until tomorrow, because Im out of gold and need the last mercury to finish. So Im down to Anubis. Which still won't be bad since its 13 hours less. After a week or that ill go on my hunt for my leopard and dream dragons.

I'm playing on android :) or :( depending on how you look at it. I guess anything pales in comparison to the poison dragon. Lost track of how many of those I've had so far from breeding other green-purple dragons.

Baraze
01-22-13, 12:45 AM
I'm playing on android :) or :( depending on how you look at it. I guess anything pales in comparison to the poison dragon. Lost track of how many of those I've had so far from breeding other green-purple dragons.

Don't get me starts with them! I've gotten about ten poisons straight while breeding wizard and fairy to see if I can luck out on my android for an infinity. They wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel they were such useles dragons.

thenijn
01-22-13, 04:54 AM
quetzel : second try
Crusado : ! dont know the tries but first time I trie 20 minutes, second time I trie 15 minutes. then, yess, it happens. now waiting, 20 hours to go

kurebiz
01-22-13, 05:56 AM
Don't get me starts with them! I've gotten about ten poisons straight while breeding wizard and fairy to see if I can luck out on my android for an infinity. They wouldn't be so bad if I didn't feel they were such useles dragons.

i got lots of island with this combination. granted its only 1 hour less but its still pretty long.

betsyb514
01-22-13, 06:47 AM
It took me well over 100 tries. I will find out today if it is actually the Crusader. It would be a total bummer if it was another Diamond. They should have made the hybrids 43 hours or 45 so we could tell what we got!

alicat1982
01-22-13, 07:08 AM
ty everyone 4 ur posts:-) I will try harder! Just thought it was funny since it only took 1 try 4 my diamond lol

kurebiz
01-22-13, 07:19 AM
It took me well over 100 tries. I will find out today if it is actually the Crusader. It would be a total bummer if it was another Diamond. They should have made the hybrids 43 hours or 45 so we could tell what we got!

Diamond requires 4 colours, so if you bred fire dragon + diamond, it will be a crusader.

betsyb514
01-22-13, 08:28 AM
Diamond requires 4 colours, so if you bred fire dragon + diamond, it will be a crusader.

I sure hope so, however on the Wiki breeding calculator it does list Diamond and Infinity as possibles. I know it isn't an Infinity because it was 44 gold. The anticipation is ****ing me!

habibass
01-22-13, 03:15 PM
Crusader - 40 tries
Quetzal - 115 tries.

lorax211
01-22-13, 03:36 PM
I have been tryin forever to cross breed my diamond with other dragons with no luck. i've retired it with the fire dragon probably 30 times. I jus keep gettin another fire dragon.sigh. Is anyone else having this problem?

~ali

I just got my first diamond last week and then I had family visiting so today was my first time trying to breed it, diamond Pegasus on first try with diamond (level 4) X fuzzy (level 6)! Next I think I'll try diamond X winter...

lollipop_rp
01-22-13, 04:56 PM
I have been tryin forever to cross breed my diamond with other dragons with no luck. i've retired it with the fire dragon probably 30 times. I jus keep gettin another fire dragon.sigh
hopw u get it soon

kurebiz
01-22-13, 05:27 PM
hopw u get it soon

just keep trying!

tonguelashing
01-22-13, 06:15 PM
Can someone correct me on this, but in order to breed a diamond hybrid, you have to breed a diamond with a pure color (diamond+fire for crusader, diamond+light for angel, etc). Breeding a diamond with an existing hybrid dragon (fairy, luck, etc) you are going to get a combination of the hybrid colors (at least on fails). In some cases this may work to your advantage, but for crusader, quetzal, and gold dragons, it is best to breed with a pure element for the shorter fail times.

betsyb514
01-22-13, 06:31 PM
I just got my Quetzal dragon. I got 31 Forest dragons and 1 Fuzzy while trying for it! I counted the number of tries since I didn't have an accurate count for the Crusader yesterday. Anyone try for the Mercury dragon? How many tries? I am kinda scared because a Water dragon is 12 hours! I don't want to have to go shopping for a wig because I tore my hair out! lol

accisse
01-22-13, 06:34 PM
Hmm I just checked on the wiki's breeding calculator. Putting diamond and a hybrid only gives possibilities resulting from the hybrid colours. Nothing on whether it could result in a diamond hybrid. But it would be a great idea if this works. I'd like to throw in some hybrid dragon to cut the monotony of seeing an endless parade of magic dragons!

luv2wander
01-23-13, 05:42 AM
Can someone correct me on this, but in order to breed a diamond hybrid, you have to breed a diamond with a pure color (diamond+fire for crusader, diamond+light for angel, etc). Breeding a diamond with an existing hybrid dragon (fairy, luck, etc) you are going to get a combination of the hybrid colors (at least on fails). In some cases this may work to your advantage, but for crusader, quetzal, and gold dragons, it is best to breed with a pure element for the shorter fail times.

I think you are right but I have not had a diamond long. I did get my pegasus through a diamond fuzzy breeding though, so not all bad.

kurebiz
01-23-13, 05:56 AM

Correct.
Breeding hybrid dragons + diamond might reduce the fail times, but i think it'd also make it harder to get the ultra rare diamond hybrids.

tonguelashing
01-23-13, 01:03 PM
Correct.
Breeding hybrid dragons + diamond might reduce the fail times, but i think it'd also make it harder to get the ultra rare diamond hybrids.

Yes, but I wonder if the chances of getting a super rare in the hybrid colors increase or not? For example, breeding a diamond with a sunrise to get leopard more easily, or breeding with poison to get familiar more easily. hmmmm...another theory to try I think :-)

Horntail21
01-23-13, 04:39 PM
I got crusader and quetzal both in around 30-40 tries. I got very lucky breeding Anubis on my first attempt and then got mercury on my first attempt after breeding the Anubis. I'm on around attempt number 100 with gold. Probably tried for angel with no luck about ten times.

gail66
01-23-13, 04:51 PM
I got fed up trying to breed diamond /fire for crudsader after 200 attempts typical of my dragons but my neighbour got lucky she tried for crusader and got it on her 5th try it's just a lotto what u get

vcames
03-23-13, 05:21 PM
My diamond barely hatched when the dark angel came out. I was trying for parakeet, familiar or trickster when I put Cesar and magic in the den and 44 gold came out. Missing Scorpion on a non diamond hybrid, I tried putting diamond and honeybee together in a den and got another 44 hours on a first try... Yep I got a gold XD
Now, when I intentionally want to breed crusader or mercury, I keep getting fire and water... :'(
Went through about 100 tries total for fire egg here and there with no crusader on sight and about 20 waters...
Help me....

NouraMoh
03-23-13, 07:00 PM

Exactly right

doop01
03-23-13, 08:18 PM

I got an anubis while trying for the dark angel, so it possible to diamond hybrids using a diamond/hybrid combo now :)

doop01
03-23-13, 08:24 PM
Yes, but I wonder if the chances of getting a super rare in the hybrid colors increase or not? For example, breeding a diamond with a sunrise to get leopard more easily, or breeding with poison to get familiar more easily. hmmmm...another theory to try I think :-)

I'm starting to think this too. While trying for the dark angel (which I haven't got yet) I got heaps of the rarer hybrids pop up. Much more often than I would have expected

topherocious
03-23-13, 08:49 PM
Trying for Dark Angel has given me 4 Mercuries and 2 Anubi. I'm like really? I just want the Dark Angel. Every time I get a new Mercury or Anubis, I trade the old spare away (I don't have much room left for dragons). I have a lot of Nether Dust lol

sheri35tazz
03-23-13, 10:08 PM
Breeding Vertu (pink dragon) is the same way, I haven't got any of the cross breeds from this one yet!! The only thing the diamond is good for now is making me money!!!!!!

stoogehunter
03-25-13, 12:03 PM
After an epically long breeding marathon, it has just taken me nearly 1000 gold to finally breed my unicorn.
Not looking forward to trying for dark angel or the new mask dragon.
Stop splitting pink and black so much! Gee I waste too much money on this game!

Mani_Sari
03-25-13, 12:06 PM
Trying for Dark Angel has given me 4 Mercuries and 2 Anubi. I'm like really? I just want the Dark Angel. Every time I get a new Mercury or Anubis, I trade the old spare away (I don't have much room left for dragons). I have a lot of Nether Dust lol

I could use 1 Mercury fail please, 25 Wizards and counting, not including other miserable fail dragons lol.

cedkugedchgd
03-25-13, 12:07 PM
i'm wondering if you can breed dark angel with unicorn x night?

Mani_Sari
03-25-13, 12:13 PM
i'm wondering if you can breed dark angel with unicorn x night?

Why not, the elements are present in the combo, i'll try it once I clear my nest later.

finnth12
03-25-13, 12:25 PM
This is very frustrating, been trying to breed diamond and night, but got numerous wizards, waters. Not even diamond hybrid fail on my nest. I never got the mercury fail( not really hoping cos I have 1) but the Anubis is so resist on my island :(
I never buy gold and it's hard to keep up with 2 new dragons every week. Already use gold to speed up and Still no moon, easter, illusion and others...sigh... The game becomes boring, boring, boring and boring.

bryanjdbalot
03-25-13, 06:52 PM
This is very frustrating, been trying to breed diamond and night, but got numerous wizards, waters. Not even diamond hybrid fail on my nest. I never got the mercury fail( not really hoping cos I have 1) but the Anubis is so resist on my island :(
I never buy gold and it's hard to keep up with 2 new dragons every week. Already use gold to speed up and Still no moon, easter, illusion and others...sigh... The game becomes boring, boring, boring and boring.

Totally agree!this game is getting boing boring and boring!they made the breeding much harder..today i bought 750 gold to speed breed dia x air!750 gold all gone NO gold dragon...its not frustrating at all for them at TL ...why cant u hve the dragon u want after spending real money?is it still "all depends on your luck?"lol this game is getting Frustrating..

stacy_lou
03-26-13, 06:55 AM
Ive just bred diamond and virtue and have got 15 hours breeding time. Any ideas what ive got?

Mani_Sari
03-26-13, 07:11 AM
is it still "all depends on your luck?"lol this game is getting Frustrating..

Went through almost 1000 gold now trying for this Mask Dragon, and nothing. Neighbor tried it yesterday, got it 1st try, yeah I still think it's all about dumb luck. Back to topic, finally got a Diamond Fail with Night/Unicorn, too bad it's Anubis, I still don't have Mercury or Dark Angel. >_<

stacy_lou
03-26-13, 07:17 AM
Ive just bred diamond and virtue and have got 15 hours breeding time. Any ideas what ive got?
???? Anybody know?????

cedkugedchgd
03-26-13, 07:19 AM
???? Anybody know?????

it's a laserlight dragon :)

stacy_lou
03-26-13, 07:20 AM
I was wondering if it was but was hoping it wasnt lol

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 08:28 AM
I was wondering if it was but was hoping it wasnt lol

READ THE GAME GUIDE here: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide. it has all the breeding times, eggs, etc.

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 08:28 AM
Diamond and Mask? Is this a good combo for Unicorn & Dark Angel? Or should I expect a lot of fail?? lol

MazReptile
04-07-13, 09:15 AM
I bred my diamond with ruby and got my crusader in about 10 tries. Got my angel in about 5-7 tries but that's it. I'm currently trying for mercury but on 6th try and no luck yet. I have tried for quetzal but got bored after 20 mins lol