PDA

View Full Version : No Valentines For Kindle Users

pattypopo
01-20-13, 05:49 AM
There have been numerous inquiries asking if Kindle players will be getting Valentines Editon and I have not seen even one response from Mods or CM's. I as well as other Kindle players are really getting tired of being left out. It is only fair that if we don' t get the " edition" we should at least get the content. We would like to buy holiday decor like everyone else, as well as receive the recipes that everyone else receives. We were *****ed out of Christmas and now it appears we are being *****ed out of Valentines also. Any response TL?

cherryberry9
01-20-13, 10:11 AM
I'm not TL but this is outrageous. A game company that claims they cater to all game devices (apple,android,kindle)
But they lie and kick out kindle. Seriously TL that's horrible for your business and You have many unhappy players out there.

medonnabp
01-20-13, 04:06 PM
It's very frustrating to be constantly left out. I spend tons of "REAL" money playing TL games. Maybe if we knew why Kindle Fire users are always left out we would understand. Is it an Amazon thing? The hardest part in all this is seeing all the cool stuff other players are using to decorate with & not being able to do the same. Then to add insult to injury being sent parts for things we'll never get to use. Please give us the reason once & for all so at least we'll all know.

Thank you kindly,
Donna
Storm8 id# medonnabp

Kim1929
01-20-13, 04:44 PM
I am also on a Kindle. I would like to have the items and recipes as well. Please just let us know if we are going to get the goals and items. I just want to know one way or another so I can either wait to start long recipes or just move on and continue on as is.

debrahnana
01-20-13, 08:47 PM
I agree we are left out and it's not fair to us.We play and buy like the rest of the players on other devices..Since we have kindle fires we are left out.Make it fair for all thanks

greatbistro
01-21-13, 05:08 AM
My daughter is using the kindle and I use an iPad, she is very upset about not being able to do the valentine's goals. We had fun helping each other with the winter goals. Why can't TL put the goals and everything on regular RS? I'm going to post on my wall and her wall for kindle users to complain to TL regarding this issue.

pattypopo
01-21-13, 06:14 AM
The 10 recipes that everyone else received equals 20 potential gems they can earn. Will we be given the same opportunity? No response from TL? Not even to a pm I sent to one of the community managers. Hopefully we will get the Valentines, but I had my hopes up for Christmas and we never got anything in BS, RS or FS. Pitiful!

pineysue
01-21-13, 07:33 AM
My mom, who is also a Kindle Fire user and handicapped, also gets really frustrated by not getting the holiday editions. She has BS, RS, PS, Farm, Fashion AND spends a ton of money on gems. Doesnt spending a lot of money on gems count for anything? Where does all the revenue go? Couldnt it go towards creating the holiday editions for Kindle?

greatbistro
01-21-13, 08:15 AM
Has anyone been contacted by TL? I have seen posts on other threads, but there haven't been too many replies. I posted on my wall and my daughters for kindle users to complain on this forum. Hoping that if enough complaints come in, TL will do something about it. My daughter is heartbroken that she can't get the download.

Gypsy_Cat
01-21-13, 03:01 PM
I get so mad when I see all the cute decor and recipes that my neighbors have. I want so badly to have the same options as is only fair. There were so many recipes KF users missed out on in December, and now it's happening again. The biggest, most insulting part is that we can't even get a response from TL. It's disrespectful of them to ignore their customers.

ilovezwa
01-21-13, 03:31 PM
I have contacted TeamLava, and Storm8, but all I received is automated responses that had nothing to do with the issue. I love all of their games but I'm getting tired of this. We didn't get the Christmas edition and it doesn't look like we are getting the Valentines one either, and what happened to New Dawn still waiting on that one.

kooky panda
01-21-13, 03:41 PM
Guys, I wish I had some answers for you. The valentine stuff is just now rolling out. More stuff should be coming, but there is no list given to the moderators of which games or which platforms will be getting it.
I can check to see if I can find out anything.

Gypsy_Cat
01-21-13, 04:01 PM
Kooky; we all know you are just the messenger so no one should be shooting at you or the other Moderators. However, your offer to find out what's going on is greatly appreciated. I think the silence by TL is more insulting than the denial of content at this point.

sweetstuff525
01-21-13, 04:07 PM
Come on tl staff you are online so why not say something

Kindle users should get vday stuff and goals... They got winter goals just fine do why not these

It doesn't make sense

pattypopo
01-21-13, 04:13 PM
Thanks from me also Kooky. I know it is still early, but I kept thinking something would be coming at Christmas and it never did. I wish it was like before, when we didn't get goals and editions we at least got the recipes and decor to purchase. Now we get hardly anything. Agree with Gypsy, the lack of information we are given makes us feel invisible and it is insulting.

nanacathie99
01-21-13, 04:39 PM
Another kindle fire here! I complained to TL at Christmastime & got a standard answer saying the edition wasn't available for kindle. I emailed that was my complaint. Amazon rolled out newer versions of the fire at Christmas. You would think it economic for TL to appeal to that market as well as Google etc. It is maddening to be ignored every time a new game edition comes out. I play BS & DS as well as RS. All three games lack the perks that owners of ipads get. One kindle player I know bought an ipad so she could get the total updates. I am reluctant to do that as a retiree who already has a laptop and a Pc. I don't think I should have to buy another device to enjoy all aspects of these games.

ilovezwa
01-21-13, 05:41 PM
Thanks Kooky Panda! I really hope you can get more answers than we can.

KeithRLand
01-21-13, 07:13 PM
Thank you Kooky! It's helpful to know you listen to us :-)

cartoc6
01-21-13, 07:19 PM
Thank you also Kooky. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to find something out.

mefantm
01-22-13, 09:52 AM
I am an apple user and my mom has it on her kindle the gems are on sale on the kindle but not apple devises talk about thing not being fair!

rmosteller60
01-22-13, 11:16 AM
I am on kindle i never got any christmas stuff at all now no valentines. I have emailed teamlava but got no answers i'm thinking of quitting all RS &BS it is so frustrating and unfair what happened? I got halloween and thanksgiving editions but nothing since. If i don't get the valentines i will go somewhere else for game play. It takes All the fun out of playing for me and i play every day. Very disappointed with teamlava and i've been playing these games a long time and defended TL with all the price increases. :(

rmosteller60
01-22-13, 11:20 AM
Gems aren't any good if you don't get the items to buy??

ButterPanda
01-22-13, 12:15 PM
We cannot speculate if Kindle will receive Valentine update or not. Please keep checking back.

nanacathie99
01-22-13, 12:18 PM
The problem lies not just w TL but also Amazon. We kindle players see things unavailable to us then if they are offered on special sales for gems we buy like mad. I just learned that other device users don't get gem sales or need gems as often so Amazon is the company making the profit off the disparity in the games.

Gypsy_Cat
01-22-13, 12:57 PM
We cannot speculate if Kindle will receive Valentine update or not. Please keep checking back.

Ok, but what about the recipes that are on the regular ovens? Any news on if KF users will get those?

rmosteller60
01-22-13, 02:03 PM
Yeah that's the exact same answer i've been getting from support since christmas. No help at all :(

funnygirl44
01-23-13, 07:27 AM
Getting tired of thanksgiving....I play rs bs and ts...no updates on any for kindle just a sprinkling of items to buy

RoseMeyer
01-23-13, 08:24 AM
Please keep checking back.

REALLY? Cant you just say NO!! You're not getting it?

Gotta yank our chains too.

cartoc6
01-23-13, 09:29 AM
TeamLava, please answer us Kindle users. We just want to know whether or not we will be getting the special Valentine's version. The no answers or vague answers is just very frustrating. If we are not getting the special Valentine's version, is it it difficult for TL to move the content from that version to the original Restaurant Story version?

bev1947
01-23-13, 10:51 AM
I don't really care about the goals as it costs more than it's worth but I'd sure like to get some valentine decorations. It is frustrating visiting and seeing my neighbors decorating and I can't :(

stefi39
01-23-13, 11:54 AM
I couldn't agree more with everyone....Kindle has been left out the last few times....

Ferns76
01-23-13, 02:11 PM
There is that 's' word again! Speculate! We don't want you to speculate...... we just want to know yes or even just probably not. You could say hey, we'll do our best but don't hold your breathe! Anything but that 'form letter's you always send..."we cant speculate". Please!!!!!

debrahnana
01-24-13, 09:39 AM
Why doesn't someone answer us?

kooky panda
01-24-13, 09:43 AM
Why doesn't someone answer us?

Post 23

This is all the information that the community managers have at this time.

MHz_
01-24-13, 07:05 PM
Sorry for coming late to the party, but since no one has addressed this I'll do my best to give you guys the best answer that I can.

I spoke with who was in charge of the valentines editions for bakery/restaurant, and basically what this came down to is 2 main things: Resourcing, and the Amazon App Store's approval process.

We have limited resources available to us when trying to create these holiday editions (by resources I mean the available amount of time for engineers, art, QA, etc..) and getting things out in time for Amazon's app store didn't fit our planned schedule. Amazon has a lengthy approval process which makes timing and fitting our schedules a challenge. With the speed at which all the major holidays happen (End of Oct-Feb) it's just not always possible to get these special editions out to every appstore and device that we would like to.

I've suggested the idea of creating some valentines gift boxes and selling them in the market for kindle players, to which I was told would be looked into. I can't promise anything will come of that, but know that your concerns have been heard, and we're trying to see what can easily be done with the resources we do have.

Hope this helps clear things up.

nky1111
01-24-13, 07:39 PM
please don't tell us you need resources and app stores to change 100 bytes that unlock the stuff that is already present on the server. no one can believe it.
you're just wasting our money by doing and undoing things back infinitely.

Ferns76
01-24-13, 07:56 PM
Ok. That is much better. Thank you! Can I make a suggestion...start Easter now! ;)

MHz_
01-24-13, 07:58 PM
please don't tell us you need resources and app stores to change 100 bytes that unlock the stuff that is already present on the server. no one can believe it.
you're just wasting our money by doing and undoing things back infinitely.

I never said things weren't on the server, I was trying to address the concerns about the lack of a holiday edition binary on the amazon app store. I've also said that we're looking into making the content available to the kindle players as well.

As a side note, I can understand your frustration, but realize that this discussion is not going to get far if you continue to have this kind of attitude.

sweetstuff525
01-24-13, 08:22 PM
MHz thanks for posting and not giving a cant speculate answer..... I'm not kindle but some of my neighbors are so I feel for them.

I hope you are able to make content available to kindle... I hope they would to and wouldn't mind not having a seperate app or goals they atleast want the decor and recipes.

FYI I luv your work for castle story

lancesmom6
01-24-13, 08:25 PM
Yes I have a kindle as well I wish we got same as others :(

nanacathie99
01-24-13, 09:15 PM
Finally an explanation. Thank you for treating us as people and not faceless customers! Doesn't your corporate management have someone designated to interface with Amazon? Surely both Corp. are losing customers and revenue over the inability to solve this issue.

nmishii
01-24-13, 09:36 PM
Sorry for coming late to the party, but since no one has addressed this I'll do my best to give you guys the best answer that I can.

I spoke with who was in charge of the valentines editions for bakery/restaurant, and basically what this came down to is 2 main things: Resourcing, and the Amazon App Store's approval process.

We have limited resources available to us when trying to create these holiday editions (by resources I mean the available amount of time for engineers, art, QA, etc..) and getting things out in time for Amazon's app store didn't fit our planned schedule. Amazon has a lengthy approval process which makes timing and fitting our schedules a challenge. With the speed at which all the major holidays happen (End of Oct-Feb) it's just not always possible to get these special editions out to every appstore and device that we would like to.

I've suggested the idea of creating some valentines gift boxes and selling them in the market for kindle players, to which I was told would be looked into. I can't promise anything will come of that, but know that your concerns have been heard, and we're trying to see what can easily be done with the resources we do have.

Hope this helps clear things up.

You can give Kindle users the recipes without a new version in the Amazon App Store. It would be like a regular weekly update. Most of the recipes are not unlocked by goals.

You can also give them the decorations. At least the ones that aren't locked by goals.

I am on Android, and appreciated the recipes and decorations for the World Games before we got goals. The Kindle users would also appreciate the same. I know for the World Games, some of the locked recipes and decorations were also made available to Android/Kindle, and it would be nice if you could do that for Kindle now. I don't think that requires an Amazon App Store update.

pattypopo
01-24-13, 11:30 PM
I never said things weren't on the server, I was trying to address the concerns about the lack of a holiday edition binary on the amazon app store. I've also said that we're looking into making the content available to the kindle players as well.

As a side note, I can understand your frustration, but realize that this discussion is not going to get far if you continue to have this kind of attitude.

I really do appreciate an answer to this thread. Perhaps there would be fewer sour attitudes if communication had been more forthcoming from the start. I did not read from your post that you were looking into making the content available, only making some new holiday boxes. If you read most of the posts here we are not asking for the edition as much as for the recipes, decor etc. I know that before we could get the editions, we were offered the same content as everyone else, just not the goals and pretty enviroments. If somenof the post seem angry please consider that we have been asking for an explanation since the Christmas editon and have receivedno real response. Thanks for at least a real response.

MHz_
01-25-13, 12:14 AM
MHz thanks for posting and not giving a cant speculate answer..... I'm not kindle but some of my neighbors are so I feel for them.

I hope you are able to make content available to kindle... I hope they would to and wouldn't mind not having a seperate app or goals they atleast want the decor and recipes.

So do I! I'll be doing everything I can to help you guys out :)

Finally an explanation. Thank you for treating us as people and not faceless customers! Doesn't your corporate management have someone designated to interface with Amazon? Surely both Corp. are losing customers and revenue over the inability to solve this issue.

It's not a matter of interfacing with Amazon, it's really more of a combination of resources/scheduling, and their approval process.

I'll push to get you guys as much of the content as I can, but as I've said, no promises.. sometimes things are out of my control :)

I really do appreciate an answer to this thread. Perhaps there would be fewer sour attitudes if communication had been more forthcoming from the start. I did not read from your post that you were looking into making the content available, only making some new holiday boxes. If you read most of the posts here we are not asking for the edition as much as for the recipes, decor etc. I know that before we could get the editions, we were offered the same content as everyone else, just not the goals and pretty enviroments. If somenof the post seem angry please consider that we have been asking for an explanation since the Christmas editon and have receivedno real response. Thanks for at least a real response.

Putting stuff in boxes was my attempt to solve the problem in the fastest way possible for the decorations, but I didn't take into account the need for the recipes and quests. I'll talk to the right people tomorrow and do my best to help you guys out. I can't speak about the xmas edition stuff, but I'll try to do you guys right by this one :)

lynacs
01-25-13, 02:34 AM
Have been a vivid kindle user for a while now and since Christmas have been checking on forums for an explanation to why we never received the same content as others. Thank you so much for finally acknowledging the issue and hopefully addressing it. As I have seen stated before is there anyway to start on Easter now? If nothing else so that we can at least access the new recipes/decor. For those aggrivated please keep in mind we have not seen a new app since Thanksgiving. Just a suggestion, maybe y'all can gear towards trying to get us every other holiday edition since there's such a lengthy process, and there will not be such a big gap between New editions. Again thanks for letting us know what's going on.

pattypopo
01-25-13, 07:59 AM
Hey MHz, Thanks for fixing my sloppy post. I wished you had done the same with my horrible typos as well.:) I can imagine it is hard to keep everyone happy in these games, but please if you can' t get it together to give us the full editions or goals, conentrate on giving us the recipes and decor. Thanks again for your continued response.

LindaBLB
01-25-13, 08:33 AM
MHz, thank you for responding to this post. If all the issues and complaints on this forum were actually addressed in an honest, matter of fact manner like you just did, there would be a lot less frustration and anger on the players' part. It's insulting to all of us who are loyal players of your games to ask questions and have them ignored, deleted, locked or replied to with vague non-answers. I appreciate your honesty, even if the answer wasn't necessarily one I wanted to hear.

MHz_
01-25-13, 08:43 AM
MHz, thank you for responding to this post. If all the issues and complaints on this forum were actually addressed in an honest, matter of fact manner like you just did, there would be a lot less frustration and anger on the players' part. It's insulting to all of us who are loyal players of your games to ask questions and have them ignored, deleted, locked or replied to with vague non-answers. I appreciate your honesty, even if the answer wasn't necessarily one I wanted to hear.

Totally understandable, though when a moderator locks a post, there's generally a reason for it, and when they give answers that don't fully answer the issue, its usually because they don't have the answer first hand. Our internal community team does a great job of monitoring a large number of forums, which sometimes can result in their focus being spread a bit thin.

Thanks to everyone for their patience on this whole issue. I'll try my best to get an update for you guys later today.

rmosteller60
01-25-13, 11:26 AM
Ok, but what about the recipes that are on the regular ovens? Any news on if KF users will get those?

I know right i would be happy if we got the new food on the reg ovens instead we end up cooking the same old stuff. I did get a candy cane oven but now the candy canes are gone you can only make the cake. I give up i either don't get it or i get something and it disappears. :(

pattypopo
01-25-13, 11:47 AM
Isn't the candy cane oven in BS? It may be better to keep this thread focused on RS, although I know these same issues are occurring in BS and FS as well.

cherokee329
01-25-13, 12:00 PM
Thanks MHz for addressing the issue. New decorations and recipes for Valentines would go a long ways in making this Kindle player a happy camper:)

rmosteller60
01-25-13, 02:54 PM
Isn't the candy cane oven in BS? It may be better to keep this thread focused on RS, although I know these same issues are occurring in BS and FS as well.

Yes that was BS but it's the same in RS. My neighbors are now cooking food on regular ovens that i don't have and the hot cocoa disappeared from the drink machine but they did bring it back. It's the same in both RS and BS for kindle players.

cortnylyn
01-25-13, 05:00 PM
I play other games similar to FS BS RS DS and it normally takes about a week to 2weeks before I get the update through Amazon. I'm glad someone finally came on to post thank you for that :) I hope TL takes some advice giving here and at least give us Kindle users deco/food etc for V-Day and any other holiday. I really dont need the fancy updates for it and more then likely will spend more gems/gold as well if that was the case :)

pattypopo
01-26-13, 09:25 AM
Checking in for any news. Not seeing anthing. Hoping maybe Monday?? As far as a Google Play download, not possible when I tried it. I highly suggest that when any future editions are released, we would be given the info on which platforms will be getting them and an honest answer as to why other platforms won't. The standard " can't speculate" answer that the staff has been instructed to give, serves no purpose other than to insult and anger us. We will still be disapponted if we don't get the update, but will not have to check the forums or Amazon for them. I also suggest that you keep your moderators informed on what is going on. It is unfair to them to not be given the tools to do their jobs. These are just a few suggestions, not meant to be snarky.

korcei
01-26-13, 11:37 PM
This may ring the death toll for all the story and any other Storm8 games for me.

Oceanic6
01-26-13, 11:50 PM
I also have a Kindle Fire which I play on and a friend who uses a Nexus 7. My friend is always asking me how far I am on my "goals" to which I reply "What goals?" I had one brief set of goals at the beginning of January and that was all that I have seen...I also get frustrated when I see the number of experience points regular android users get from the seasonal dishes. No wonder I can't keep up. I don't know if I should be upset with Team Lava or Amazon. If Amazon just allowed Google Play Store to be loaded on the kindle it would solve that issue but then they wouldn't get the forced revenue. If I had it all to do over I would have spent the extra $50 and bought the nexus 7...

nmishii
01-27-13, 11:19 AM
+
I also have a Kindle Fire which I play on and a friend who uses a Nexus 7. My friend is always asking me how far I am on my "goals" to which I reply "What goals?" I had one brief set of goals at the beginning of January and that was all that I have seen...I also get frustrated when I see the number of experience points regular android users get from the seasonal dishes. No wonder I can't keep up. I don't know if I should be upset with Team Lava or Amazon. If Amazon just allowed Google Play Store to be loaded on the kindle it would solve that issue but then they wouldn't get the forced revenue. If I had it all to do over I would have spent the extra $50 and bought the nexus 7...

If you're frustrated with the differences between Kindle and Android, don't compare your games with iOS. They get way more than Android.

I would be upset with TL, not Amazon. TL should plan in advance to have content out for all platforms. They know what it takes to get new versions released and how to do it. They should allocate the resources to give all platforms content. They choose to ignore kindle and give more to iOS and Android. If something came up and they couldn't get the Christmas version out to kindle, well okay, things happen, but it is inexcusable to have that happen for both Christmas and Valentines. They just don't care as much about kindle as android and iOs, and android as much as iOS.

nky1111
01-27-13, 01:30 PM
if they can't put out a special edition they always can put just an update as they did in pet shop now, it requires zero effort on their part as the stuff is already there. but they do something VERY strange instead

MeriLizzie
01-27-13, 01:56 PM
I too am tired of seeing my neighbors get things I don't. I really wanted the reindeer at Christmas! Now I have parts for ovens I don't have. I play six TL games and the only one I get holiday content on is the farm one. It seems, to me, that maybe TL is phrasing out Kindle updates on all games, like they did City Story? Tell me this TL, why should I keep playing games that have no updates? My iPhone is too small to play these games on. My husbands iPad is too heavy, besides the fact that it's his. My Kindle is just the right size and weight for my disabled/handicapped hands. Is Amazons approval process lengthier and more difficult than iOS's is? You were able to push decorations and dishes before without a complete update. Why not now?

rmosteller60
01-27-13, 03:20 PM
I too am tired of seeing my neighbors get things I don't. I really wanted the reindeer at Christmas! Now I have parts for ovens I don't have. I play six TL games and the only one I get holiday content on is the farm one. It seems, to me, that maybe TL is phrasing out Kindle updates on all games, like they did City Story? Tell me this TL, why should I keep playing games that have no updates? My iPhone is too small to play these games on. My husbands iPad is too heavy, besides the fact that it's his. My Kindle is just the right size and weight for my disabled/handicapped hands. Is Amazons approval process lengthier and more difficult than iOS's is? You were able to push decorations and dishes before without a complete update. Why not now? Exactly! That's why every one is so upset! We were getting the new food and some decorations just not the goals and extras and i was fine with that. Now we get nothing or some obscure update that has nothing to do with the holiday.

pattypopo
01-28-13, 02:25 PM
Hello! Hello! Anybody thereTL?....Guess not.

MHz_
01-28-13, 02:58 PM
Hello! Hello! Anybody thereTL?....Guess not.

I'm here :)

Update is still pending. Engineers are looking into things. When I know something, I'll let you all know.

pattypopo
01-28-13, 06:42 PM
Ha! Just having some fun, but thanks for responding.

rmosteller60
01-29-13, 10:35 AM

Update is still pending. Engineers are looking into things. When I know something, I'll let you all know.

I would like to personally thank MHz for trying to help! You are the first to do so. Although i'm not holding out much hope i'll wait a bit longer. Thanks and i hope TL appreciates you as much as we do :)

korcei
01-29-13, 05:31 PM
Thank you for quest and update in Fashion story :)

MeriLizzie
01-30-13, 03:21 PM

Thank you for at least making an attempt!

Kim1929
01-31-13, 09:49 PM
Is there any new information about KF users getting the recipes,decorations and appliances? I check on here every day, just wanting to know one way or the other.

MHz_
02-01-13, 03:03 PM
Is there any new information about KF users getting the recipes,decorations and appliances? I check on here every day, just wanting to know one way or the other.

Still waiting to hear back on a couple of things. Hopefully monday I can get you all some details. Thanks for being so patient!

Kim1929
02-02-13, 05:11 AM
Thank you fir keeping us updated!!!

littlebridge
02-03-13, 06:51 AM

Hey I want to thank you for replying... I feel like it's the first time we've gotten a real explanation about how the process works for kindle. Truly, thanks so much for giving us something to work with. :)

pattypopo
02-03-13, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the support sweetstuff! Your id suits you.

LindaBLB
02-04-13, 12:19 PM
Where are we on this?

rmosteller60
02-04-13, 01:06 PM
Where are we on this?

Waiting to hear something story of my life always waiting for something lol

pattypopo
02-04-13, 06:34 PM
It's been nearly 2 weeks now and still nothing. Sorry in advance if my attitude is bad, but between this and the lack of update in Bakery, these games really blow right now. I swore off buying gems after the lack of Christmas. Will play for free until I feel that team lava has got their act together. I guess at least I can say I'm getting my moneys worth. :)

nmishii
02-04-13, 07:23 PM
Looks like TL has moved on from Valentines Day and is now releasing Mardi Gras stuff. Hope they didn't forget about Kindle for
Valentine'sday.

cyberbelle
02-05-13, 01:44 AM
Totally agree!

rmosteller60
02-05-13, 07:41 AM
It's been nearly 2 weeks now and still nothing. Sorry in advance if my attitude is bad, but between this and the lack of update in Bakery, these games really blow right now. I swore off buying gems after the lack of Christmas. Will play for free until I feel that team lava has got their act together. I guess at least I can say I'm getting my moneys worth. :)

True i am now sending valentines parts in bakery also meanwhile all i get are parts i can do nothing with. No more gem buying for me either. Once i get to level 99 i will quit both games BS & RS will be nothing else to do as i will have cooked all the food also. Already there in bakery. Level 65 in RS :(

MHz_
02-05-13, 11:52 AM
I should hopefully have some details for you guys this week. I've been pinging the necessary people daily but don't have an update yet. When I know you'll all know :)

cassielee43
02-05-13, 04:09 PM
Hey!! thats me!! i dont have the goals either!!!! im a kindle user its not fair :(

cassielee43
02-05-13, 04:11 PM
is there nothing we kindle users can do.. already tried messaging them about it .. :( rip off big time...

cassielee43
02-05-13, 04:15 PM
Amen, i feel very left out... :(

cassielee43
02-05-13, 04:21 PM
gosh, what could they be doing? are kindle users a small percentage of team lava players and think they can get away with all this???

sweetstuff525
02-05-13, 04:24 PM
gosh, what could they be doing? are kindle users a small percentage of team lava players and think they can get away with all this???

If you read the post above your first post
MHz who is teamlava employee said he is doing what he can to get kindle users an update with some v day content.... I know it must be frustrating but he said they are working on it

MissesKay
02-05-13, 06:28 PM
I should hopefully have some details for you guys this week. I've been pinging the necessary people daily but don't have an update yet. When I know you'll all know :)

Thank you, MHz for trying to help and keeping us updated. I just found this thread today while searching for the answer as to why I can't even purchase the pretty pink heart Valentine wallpaper. :-( If I would have known that being a Kindle Fire owner would make me so sad, I would have invested in a different tablet. I hope you find out some good news for us Kindle Fire users soon :-)

pattypopo
02-05-13, 06:29 PM
I am glad that MHz is working on it, but would really prefer the Valentines content. It was released for everyone else on 1/19. We have had nothing to get excited about since Thanksgiving. I would love to buy some gems to get that gorgeous new display in FS, but I am not going to invest real money in these games until something is resolved.

MissesKay
02-05-13, 06:34 PM
I am glad that MHz is working on it, but would really prefer the Valentines content. It was released for everyone else on 1/19. We have had nothing to get excited about since Thanksgiving. I would love to buy some gems to get that gorgeous new display in FS, but I am not going to invest real money in these games until something is resolved.

I've already spent more than enough real money on gems. For the amount of real $$ I have spent I should have a beautiful pink Valentine themed restaurant...but nope. :-/

cherokee329
02-06-13, 01:30 PM
Still nothing for Valentines for Kindle with this weeks update. Really feel left out:(

cortnylyn
02-06-13, 02:13 PM
Only Mardi Gras items...which..is better then nothing...but would have liked V-Day items

rmosteller60
02-06-13, 03:36 PM
Looks like TL has moved on from Valentines Day and is now releasing Mardi Gras stuff. Hope they didn't forget about Kindle for
Valentine'sday.

Yeah i think this means we are out of luck i got the mardi gras update today oh well i will start looking for other games to play where i am not left out. Amazon has other similar games not from TL :(

cassielee43
02-06-13, 03:43 PM
I finally got the update :D no goals but a few decor, i thought there would be more. im very thankful though, also thank you all for keeping us posted on the latest news.. but how would we get the valentine booth? or do we not get it?

cartoc6
02-06-13, 05:03 PM
I finally got the update :D no goals but a few decor, i thought there would be more. im very thankful though, also thank you all for keeping us posted on the latest news.. but how would we get the valentine booth? or do we not get it?

Unfortunately the Valentine booth is from goals.

chzhed2522
02-06-13, 06:32 PM
I am not sure I understand because when I checked with amazon at Christmas I was informed no Christmas version was submitted by TL. PERHAPS TL engineers need to collaborate with other game designers to determine how they update their game versions for holidays. Just a thought...seems many of the "cheezier" games have new updates all the time.

rmosteller60
02-06-13, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately the Valentine booth is from goals.

Are you talking about restaurant story?? All i got was mardi gras stuff??

rmosteller60
02-07-13, 11:31 AM
Ok this is what we don't understand..i have been playing these games for a year and i always got the new ovens new food and some decor in my updates i have rarely gotten goals which i don't care about anyway. What changed? If we can get all the mardi gras stuff why were we left out totally for christmas and valentines??

rmosteller60
02-07-13, 11:33 AM
I give up no game is worth this much stress and anxiety :(

korcei
02-07-13, 12:31 PM
I have lost interest in RS and staying with FS for now but it hard to want too.

rmosteller60
02-07-13, 04:31 PM
I have lost interest in RS and staying with FS for now but it hard to want too.

I think alot of players have lost interest half my neighbors have quit playing maybe they are all kindle users anyway think i will join them.

MeriLizzie
02-08-13, 10:30 AM
I got the Mardi Gras update but no valentines stuff. I'm level 99. Once I've cooked everything I'm done.

lynacs
02-08-13, 02:42 PM
Was going thru recipes and noticed we now have the Valentine's recipes. Stopped by to tell you thank you for at least doing that. Would be nice to know if kindle/Amazon users are no longer going to get the holiday editions. Kinda seems that way if effort is not being made to supply the editions to Amazon in time.

KeithRLand
02-08-13, 02:43 PM
I got the Mardi Gras update but no valentines stuff. I'm level 99. Once I've cooked everything I'm done.
Yeah, I'm with you too MeriLizzie, almost mastered every recipe. What's the point after that?

lynacs
02-08-13, 02:56 PM
Was going thru recipes and noticed we now have the Valentine's recipes. Stopped by to tell you thank you for at least doing that. Would be nice to know if kindle/Amazon users are no longer going to get the holiday editions. Kinda seems that way if effort is not being made to supply the editions to Amazon in time.
Correction: looks like we got all Valentine's decorations to thank you so much , hopefully this is a sign of kindle users not getting left out

sweetstuff525
02-08-13, 03:49 PM
Correction: looks like we got all Valentine's decorations to thank you so much , hopefully this is a sign of kindle users not getting left out

Congrats kindle.... And thanks MHz for making this happen
It would be good if they did this in all games since I saw kindle also left out in bakery story and dragon story
It woukd be great y if every tl employee was like MHz

bettyboopsie
02-08-13, 04:47 PM
I am a kindle player and am very frustrated!!!! I want to know WHY we cannot get to have what other players have. I would like to have a chance to receive a rose oven and/or other products other players have to decorate their places! Please reply.soon.

02-08-13, 05:06 PM
I am not getting the ovens offered to me with the updates. Many times I am not even getting an update. I play on a Kindle Fire and so does my daughter. She too is not getting the updates. I have been trying to communicate this through the email with Teamlava but I'm not really getting any plausable answers to this. The last full update I received was back around October 2012.

I recently explained to them that I am not getting the ovens but I am allowed to gift the items for the new ovens to my neighbors and why is that. Tuesday I go to gift my neighbors and the gift items for this new oven are no longer listed for me to gift. That same day I received a reply from Teamlava. Strange that I mention that and then those items disappear.

Can someone please help me with this? I'm about to stop playing altogether if this continues.

cassielee43
02-08-13, 07:31 PM
really? i didn't see any valentine recipes.. :(

cassielee43
02-08-13, 07:32 PM
wait nvm.. i saw a couple, i think.

Kim1929
02-08-13, 08:33 PM
I just want to thank MHz, I too was feeling left out. I understand the problem was not only TL's fault and the KF is probably the smallest part of your customer base. That being said, you went above and beyond and that resulted in us getting most of the items we wanted. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

MissesKay
02-09-13, 12:34 AM
Thank you, MHz! I finally got all the Valentine goodies I wanted! I hope that we Kindle users are able to receive Easter, St. Patricis day, 4th of July and every other holiday items at the same time as other users. :-)

bluemoonday
02-09-13, 06:59 AM
We may not have goals but I'm a happy kindle camper to have decor options and new recipes! Thank you team lava and Mhz!

LadyKade
02-09-13, 10:01 AM

Thank you for your support. I am a Kindle User and loving all the Valentine goodies.

nmishii
02-10-13, 02:14 AM
The new ovens are unlocked by goals, and unfortunately, Kindle has not received those goals. There are several threads on this for both bakery story and restaurant story. Here is one:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44704-No-Valentines-For-Kindle-Users&highlight=kindle

02-10-13, 05:36 AM
The new ovens are unlocked by goals, and unfortunately, Kindle has not received those goals. There are several threads on this for both bakery story and restaurant story. Here is one:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44704-No-Valentines-For-Kindle-Users&highlight=kindle

Thank you for the information and link. You are the only one who has given me any explanation that makes sense. From what I am reading this is happening to all Kindle users since probably about the same time as me...Thanksgiving. Evidently they decided to no longer offer the ovens to Kindle users around that time and make it goals. The thing was is that I was not getting goals. About a few weeks ago I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. So did my daughter. We both are now getting the goals and I recently got the bread oven. :) So now I need to decide if I am going to continue playing their games, at least the Bakery Story, if they are going to continue to purposesly shut out Kindle users. I stopped buying gems for the Bakery Story because of this issue. Seems to me they would want to keep their customers and not push them away.

02-10-13, 05:47 AM
I play on a Kindle and I stopped getting the full updates around Thanksgiving. I never got any goals since playing the game in January 2012. About a week or so ago I uninstalled the BS and FS and reinstalled them both and now I am getting goals offered to me. A few days ago I completed a goal and got the bread oven. After all the may contacts I had with TeamLava not ONE every mentioned this issue..ie that Kindle users can only get the updates via goals. I kept getting the standard, "Updates are not available to all users.". I only learned of this a few minutes ago when another member replied to my thread about it and directed me to this thread. Now why couldn't I get that from TeamLava? I think it's poor business when you only offer your goods to certain people and shut out others and make them earn the items through goals and then make things worse when you don't even offer the goals. You make the other players sit back and watch their neighbors have all the new stuff and you can't do anything about it. I stopped buying gems for the BS because of all this. Seems to me that TeamLava would do anything and everything they could to keep their customers. I mean after all we spend our money on the game and it's like our money isnt' good enough. :(

02-10-13, 04:33 PM
I still would like to know about the gift issue. Why were they removed after I mentioned that I have the gift items but no oven? If someone sends me a request I can accept it and give it to them that way but I no longer have the new oven items in my gift list.

kooky panda
02-10-13, 06:17 PM
I still would like to know about the gift issue. Why were they removed after I mentioned that I have the gift items but no oven? If someone sends me a request I can accept it and give it to them that way but I no longer have the new oven items in my gift list.

Current thread on gifts being removed.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?46101-Kindle-fire-valentine-s-day-items-gone&p=541931&viewfull=1#post541931

ShelesSweets
02-10-13, 07:21 PM
I would like to know why kindle has finally received the valentine decor and recipes but no goals. At Christmas we didn't get goals until Christmas and there were 12 days worth. Since many of the goals include decorating, why wait until the specific holiday to give us goals? Why not give us goals at the same time you give us the recipies? Most importantly, why doesn't anyone from TL answer any of our questions?

kooky panda
02-10-13, 08:39 PM
I would like to know why kindle has finally received the valentine decor and recipes but no goals. At Christmas we didn't get goals until Christmas and there were 12 days worth. Since many of the goals include decorating, why wait until the specific holiday to give us goals? Why not give us goals at the same time you give us the recipies? Most importantly, why doesn't anyone from TL answer any of our questions?
See post 48, one of the developers has been posting on this thread.

ShelesSweets
02-11-13, 02:18 PM
It's actually post 35. But, thanks. It sorta answers the question. However, it doesn't say if we are ever going to get goals.

rmosteller60
02-11-13, 03:24 PM
I would like to personally thank MHz for trying to help! You are the first to do so. Although i'm not holding out much hope i'll wait a bit longer. Thanks and i hope TL appreciates you as much as we do :)

Wow i am so impressed that you really helped us! We got all the food and decorations in RS you should receive an award or something.Your the best MHz!!!! :) :) Now if only someone could help with bakery story...sigh how come no one else does anything like you did???

MHz_
02-13-13, 01:02 PM
So we were able to get all the valentines stuff that we could for Restaurant and Dragon released for the kindle players, but unfortunately, we won't be able to do this for Bakery. The main reason is a business decision. I can't really speak to it beyond that. I'm having someone look into getting the goals released for kindle as well, but I can't make any promises on that yet.

Hopefully you all can continue to be a bit more patient on an answer to that :) Enjoy the valentines content until then!

cortnylyn
02-13-13, 01:53 PM
Thank you MHz for letting us know. Hope their "business decision" does not include doing away with Kindle all together as well. Personally I don't need the goals just having items to place out makes me happy. BUT I will not be buying any more gems till I know for sure what TL has planned for Kindle users. Happy Valentines everyone :)

MHz_
02-13-13, 02:06 PM
Thank you MHz for letting us know. Hope their "business decision" does not include doing away with Kindle all together as well. Personally I don't need the goals just having items to place out makes me happy. BUT I will not be buying any more gems till I know for sure what TL has planned for Kindle users. Happy Valentines everyone :)

The decision was only specifically with the Bakery Valentines edition. As far as I'm aware, we're still going to be supporting as many devices and platforms as possible, including the Kindle.

Oh, and I just got word back, quests for restaurant and dragon valentines should show up on kindle now.

sweetstuff525
02-13-13, 02:11 PM
The decision was only specifically with the Bakery Valentines edition. As far as I'm aware, we're still going to be supporting as many devices and platforms as possible, including the Kindle.

Oh, and I just got word back, quests for restaurant and dragon valentines should show up on kindle now.

Wow that's great news ... Yay for my kindle neighbors
I hope on future goals all devices get content/goals at same timeout very close within days of eachother

Obelisk20
02-13-13, 05:36 PM
Does anyboby have the goals yet cause I don't.

02-13-13, 05:44 PM
I didn't receive the goals either. I did however have the following show up in my list for purchase: the rose lamp, valentine display, kissing booth, heart planter, lovely cake, rose bush divider, rosey wallpaper, pink carpet tile and valentine counter. All of which cost gems except the rose lamp: $50,000 and the pink carpet tile: $15,000.

Obelisk20
02-13-13, 06:37 PM
I didn't receive the goals either. I did however have the following show up in my list for purchase: the rose lamp, valentine display, kissing booth, heart planter, lovely cake, rose bush divider, rosey wallpaper, pink carpet tile and valentine counter. All of which cost gems except the rose lamp: $50,000 and the pink carpet tile: $15,000.

I don't have any of that, and I restarted my device and everything. Which version are you using? I'm using the Thanksgiving version, btw.

02-13-13, 06:53 PM
I don't have any of that, and I restarted my device and everything. Which version are you using? I'm using the Thanksgiving version, btw.

As far as I know it's the regular version. I've had the game for over a year now. I have not downloaded any other version that they have offered. I did uninstall it and reinstall it a few weeks ago and now I have the goals being offered that I didn't before. Have you tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it? Maybe that might help?

Obelisk20
02-14-13, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I uninstalled and reinstalled the regular version, still nothing.

02-14-13, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I uninstalled and reinstalled the regular version, still nothing.

I'm sorry..I know how you feel. Hopefully things will get better for us. Don't know why they went from giving us the updates all the time to nothing or only getting them with goals. :(

RoseMeyer
02-14-13, 01:10 PM
pink carpet tile: $15,000

huhwhat??

a 17x20 bakery would cost

5,100,000 coins to make a pink carpet.

Thats alotta brownies.

pattypopo
02-14-13, 02:11 PM
I think there is some confusion. All the decor that the above person mentions is in Bakery, not Restaurant as far as I know.

MHz_
02-14-13, 02:16 PM
Just to clarify:

The valentines content for restaurant and dragon should be in the kindle edition of each game respectively. If it isn't please let me know, and I'll prod the necessary people :)

Obelisk20
02-14-13, 05:42 PM
Just to clarify:

The valentines content for restaurant and dragon should be in the kindle edition of each game respectively. If it isn't please let me know, and I'll prod the necessary people :)

Yes, the V-Day content is in RS (a lot of it so big thanks) and in DS. I guess the confusion at least on my part came when I thought you said goals were up on RS on amazon, but I must have misunderstood you. Also, those listee items are in deed in BS.

duckiestreats1
02-14-13, 07:59 PM
If you look at the game in the store and see what version code it is all teamlava games are coded google. So they only send it to amazon. And people stop saying its android. Its an amazon issue. If you use amazon whether kindle or android you NEVER get updates. I think they have some kind of contract with google play. Just had a cupcake disappear to read that you have to download a new version on google to get it back. Nice

MHz_
02-15-13, 12:03 PM
If you look at the game in the store and see what version code it is all teamlava games are coded google. So they only send it to amazon. And people stop saying its android. Its an amazon issue. If you use amazon whether kindle or android you NEVER get updates. I think they have some kind of contract with google play. Just had a cupcake disappear to read that you have to download a new version on google to get it back. Nice

All the content and goals should be available on the kindle editions, so if it's not, let me know so I can fix that :)

princesscarmella
02-15-13, 12:23 PM
I see the decorations, but I don't have any Valentines Day Goals in Bakery Story or Restaurant story! :( Please help!

LindaBLB
02-15-13, 02:46 PM
I have no goals on my Kindle on Restaurant Story. On Bakery Story the clipboard in the corner shows up, but when I click on it, it says "0 goals".

cortnylyn
02-15-13, 04:08 PM
No goals on my Kindle (BS/RS)

cassielee43
02-15-13, 04:22 PM
okay so what has happened? i missed the memo here..

MHz_
02-15-13, 06:51 PM
Looking into it now, but it's likely the goals can't be enabled till next week. I'll try to keep you guys updated. Sorry that I was mistaken.

cortnylyn
02-15-13, 07:22 PM
Thank you MHz_ for letting us know

RoseMeyer
02-16-13, 12:51 PM
feeling blue?

A stack of pancakes would help.....

with maple syrup and whipped cream.

figloft5
02-17-13, 10:20 PM
I was able to get the Halloween and Thanksgiving editions but not Christmas or Valentines. I also have had no goals at all. I play on Kindle Fire. Please tell me if there is something I can do!

lavendrite
02-18-13, 05:52 PM
I also have nothing. I was working on some hot cocoa quest which disappeared a few weeks ago and since then I have absolutely nothing. Also Kindle Fire user.

Bakery Story goal list is also gone as well, although that's more recent (since the old goals popping up bug a few days back).

There really isn't much motivation to play without goals to work towards, would really like some input on this. Thanks!

MHz_
02-19-13, 03:37 PM
Ok, got a minor update.

Restaurant Story should now have the Valentines goals enabled today for Kindle fire players. They'll only be active until 2/25 though, so work hard to finish them fast! Bakery story will not have the Valentines content enabled for kindle fire users for reasons previously stated. Dragon Story unfortunately will not get the goals enabled due to binary specific changes that were included in the Valentines Edition.

Sorry it took so long to get this to you all.

cortnylyn
02-19-13, 04:13 PM
Thank You MHz for letting us know.

sweetstuff525
02-19-13, 04:13 PM
Wow great news kindle getting goals but 6 days is a short time to finish

Twintiggrz
02-21-13, 06:25 PM
I appreciate that we Kindle Fire users finally got the goals - but is there any way we can get an extension on the time? Other users got the goals a month before we did! For those that work and don't always have internet access, 6 days is really not enough time to finish them all!

Ok, got a minor update.

Restaurant Story should now have the Valentines goals enabled today for Kindle fire players. They'll only be active until 2/25 though, so work hard to finish them fast! Bakery story will not have the Valentines content enabled for kindle fire users for reasons previously stated. Dragon Story unfortunately will not get the goals enabled due to binary specific changes that were included in the Valentines Edition.

FrozenTurtle
02-21-13, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, we can't extend the Valentine's Day goals.

Despite the lack of previous seasonal updates, you should all know that we haven't forgotten about all of our Kindle users. We recently consulted the magic eight ball and it said, "Outlook Good." :)

nmishii
02-21-13, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, we can't extend the Valentine's Day goals.

Despite the lack of previous seasonal updates, you should all know that we haven't forgotten about all of our Kindle users. We recently consulted the magic eight ball and it said, "Outlook Good." :)

I thought recent goals for either RS or BS were extended, so why can't these goals be extended?

02-22-13, 04:33 AM
I'm a kindle user and I never got any goals. I did get the recent update though..thank you :) After the update came I have the goal icon and all that's in it is the DS info.

bluemoonday
02-25-13, 11:56 AM
Valentine goal expired 3 hours prior to expiration precious time for us kindle users I had just enough time to finish the sweets portion ughhh so frustrated

centralgirl2010
02-25-13, 11:58 AM
What happened to the Valentine's goals on Kindle???? I had 3 more hours to go and my goals disappeared! I've been working on the last goal and I'm frustrated... Please TL bring the goals back and give us a few more hours to complete them. I didn't have much left to do...

kooky panda
02-25-13, 01:32 PM
What happened to the Valentine's goals on Kindle???? I had 3 more hours to go and my goals disappeared! I've been working on the last goal and I'm frustrated... Please TL bring the goals back and give us a few more hours to complete them. I didn't have much left to do...
The goals were set to expire today.

Ok, got a minor update.

figloft5
02-25-13, 03:28 PM
That is awful. I have been working on those goals since I finally starting getting them. There was no way to finish by today . Why do you hate us kindle players?

ariesblu
02-26-13, 12:23 AM
That is awful. I have been working on those goals since I finally starting getting them. There was no way to finish by today . Why do you hate us kindle players?

I feel bad for you guys.

centralgirl2010
02-26-13, 07:51 PM
I understand that the goals were set to expire yesterday. However, my timer said there was 3 hours left to go - that's the problem I had. Had I known they'd withdraw the goals earlier than the 3 hours I thought I had had, I wouldn't have bothered with trying to complete the last ones... I'm just disappointed, that's all.