PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTION: Player to player contests

Unregistered
12-13-10, 06:24 PM
Hi Norman
There has been some debates on the board, as you know, regarding those that buy gems, and those that don't. Some on principle, some because they are cost prohibitive.

Would it be possible to run player to player contests in addition to team lavas contest?

For example, I'd put up 50 gems, one month, another could another month and run a specified design contest. Like I could say the best restaurant that has the best ethnic food feel, be it Mexican, German, American fare. Either the player putting up the gems can specify the winning criteria and judge, or open a poll.
It could be restricted to those who haven't been able to get gems, like younger players or those that just can't, which means team lava would have to be able to disqualify entries that have.

As for guarantee gem disbursement, in my month, I'd buy 50 to my account before contest started then team lava would freeze or take them to reallocate to the winner of my contest.

I think it could help alleviate tensions building on the board, especially of those that can afford as it seems others are getting left out of some nice updates. This could assist in fostering good will.

Just a thought. Please consider as I'm willing to go the first round and hope others might too. What do other players think?

It would work by me or another player wanting to help

greygull
12-14-10, 12:29 AM
I very much agree with player to player contests. It wouldn't even have to be gems (though that would be nice) but maybe rare items or even guaranteed top of the social page for a week or something like that. I have questions I post every day or so, just for fun. It would be nice if I could do something more for the people who take the time to read and answer. How about if there was double tips? Just a few ideas on the subject!

Unregistered
12-14-10, 07:41 AM
Having a player held event sounds like an interesting idea. It depends on how the winners are decided. The idea is to not have the contest be a way for players to transfer points from one account to another.

Excellent point. What if the player holding the contest set out the design parameters but team lava picked the winner? Or the forum voted via a poll. Ie you would have so many days to post, then entries closed. Then so many days to vote on the post # of the entry?

Hey, I'm willing to put up some gems and start one off if it shows good will to others who can't afford or get gems.. Please mull and let me know the teams thoughts.

Unregistered
12-14-10, 12:56 PM
What a wonderful, generous idea! Now that is truly in the spirit of the season 

I love Christmas
12-14-10, 03:25 PM
Bump...waiting to see if team lava likes the idea. If I get a yes I'll email support with suggested parameters and my design criteria for contest and auth to freeze or take gems from my account. I'd love to run it Christmas week or new years week if a go

Unregistered
12-14-10, 06:08 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I will bring this up with the team at the meeting next week. If it's a go, you can hold it any time after.

Thanks Norman, I'll stay tuned then :) 

Unregistered
12-23-10, 01:00 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about this. We're deciding on events currently. :cool:

I'm watching ;)

Unregistered
12-23-10, 01:26 PM
Ok, so if this is a go

How about this for parameters?

If in time, a Christmas day run only. A restaurant that reflects goodwill toward all, in both design and brief description. Cannot be just design or description, needs to both in about a paragraph or two.

Entries Valid are those submitted Christmas day, and team lava can judge the winner of my contest when they're back in next week.

if not in time for Saturday, then a new years design.

Reflects the players hopes for 2011 in both design and description of a paragraph or two. Valid entries would be those submitted new years day only, and judged by team when u guys are back in from holidays.

Not sure if should be limited to lower level players as really, I'd like to give new players a chance at gems. More particularly, the young who can't buy, or those who can't afford. But don't know if that's possible. You guys could decide the final specifics.

Obviously...I'm disqualified...lol

I'll go the first round with restaurant and hope other players pick up too. If not, I may do another contest in a month or two, in another Story, if this player to player is well received.

Thanks

Let me know Norman and I'll email support with auth to take gems, or give u my ID here and tell u where to take them from

FlameyHawk
12-23-10, 01:42 PM
I will participate in this contest thingy! I will start and hope I win!

Unregistered
12-23-10, 01:43 PM
I will participate in this contest thingy! I will start and hope I win!

Hang in there, I'm still waiting for approval 

Unregistered
12-25-10, 06:55 PM
Great ideas! However, the event will need to be held sometime in January if approved. We might make it for New Years.

Norman... it's Christmas, go spend time with loved ones. Merry Christmas.
Monday is time enough for this 

Unregistered
12-28-10, 04:31 PM
The event has been approved. TeamLava will also provide 50 points for this event as well in addition to any you wish to give away as prizes. The event is scheduled for January 3rd - January 7th, 2011.

Would you like me to make the post for the event or would you like to make the post yourself and I can sticky it afterward? Thank you for thinking of this for the community. :cool:

Hi Norman. You may take 100 gems from my restaurant acct for this.
50 for first prize and two runner ups of 25 each please. My parameters were set out above.

Both design and a brief paragraph of players hopes and dreams for 2011

I would prefer if u post contest particulars.

If this contest is well received, I may do another in bakery or farm next month. Thanks

I.d. Is lesleypsg1

I will email support as well to authenticate.

lesleypsg1
12-28-10, 05:42 PM
You want to hold this contest for Restaurant Story only right?

This time around, yes. I can only do one game at a time :)

What are your thoughts? Maybe two? 50 gems for r.s and bakery? Same parameters. Next mo. I could go farm and empire?

I emailed support with auth.

I just know the contests are popular. There has been tension on the boards so hoping this fosters player player goodwill. Fingers crossed

Unregistered
12-28-10, 08:03 PM
These are your points and your contest so you get to decide which game(s) you wish to do them for. I just wanted to make sure for my posting next week. Also, TeamLava will be putting in 50 points this time, so we have 150 points in total for this event with the 100 you put in.

How would you like to decide the winners?

Also, I will ask a support representative to watch out for your authentication e-mail. What was the title you used for the e-mail?

Thank you again for thinking of this event and putting it together. I too hope that it will foster some player to player good will. :cool:

The email sent and response I received was:
Request received: Player to player contest (ticket #19768)

That's great you guys added 50. Thanks!

Well let's cover the two cooking games. Bakery and restaurant

50 gems to the first place
25 to second ( those would be t.l.s gems :cool: )

Player writes paragraph of hopes for 2011' then post a pic of a bakery or restaurant designed to reflect that paragraph. Without going into too much detail so as not to spoil creativity, let's say someone wants a happy 2011... Design a bright and happy looking eatery.

Or inclusive year...can do a multicultural theme.

You guys at t.l can decide the winner That is most creative and whose paragraph is most in keeping with their restaurant or bakery appearance. This assures no bias on my part,though I hope you'll be able to consider a contender who hasn't had gem opportunity before. Not sure if u can, so not a big issue. Just a hope. I know there are some young players who don't have the same ability to get gems except thru contests.

Thanks again Norman! If nothing else it should be nice to see peoples creativity come out in the games

I'm looming forward to seeing what people are striving for in the new year and then creating that with a theme eatery

lesleypsg1
12-28-10, 08:11 PM
That's.....I'm looking forward....not looming...lol

FlameyHawk
12-29-10, 09:21 AM
I really want to participate in this so how do I sign up to do this? And what are you supposed to do to win?

Unregistered
12-29-10, 10:02 AM
I really want to participate in this so how do I sign up to do this? And what are you supposed to do to win?

Hi flameyhawk

My contest has been approved...yeah!

It will run the week of Jan 3. I won't be the judge, t.l. Will be, but I set the parameters. See the above posts to get an idea of what I'm looking for. It's a design and brief paragraph contest.

Stay tuned and come back Jan 3 when Norman posts a thread for entries. Thanks for your interest and good luck

Unregistered
12-31-10, 12:24 PM
Hi flameyhawk

My contest has been approved...yeah!

It will run the week of Jan 3. I won't be the judge, t.l. Will be, but I set the parameters. See the above posts to get an idea of what I'm looking for. It's a design and brief paragraph contest.

Stay tuned and come back Jan 3 when Norman posts a thread for entries. Thanks for your interest and good luck

Hey Lesley,
So after reading all of this, i'm still not getting it. sorry i'm a bit slow
but could you sum up maybe all of it in a way i can understand this contest?

lesleypsg1
12-31-10, 01:06 PM
Hey Lesley,
So after reading all of this, i'm still not getting it. sorry i'm a bit slow
but could you sum up maybe all of it in a way i can understand this contest?

Sure. It's a little design contest.
Participants design their restaurant and bakery, then write about a paragraph to go with their design. The theme is New Year hopes. So let's say your hoping for a year of sunshine and happiness. You would design a bright eatery, maybe with lots of happy customers. Then write a bit about your hopes for 2011, and how your eatery shows that.

I've put up 50 gems for each bakery and restaurant as sort of a goodwill gesture toward my fellow players. I hope newer and younger players enter as it's tougher for them to get gems. Team lava has also donated 25 gems for each game for second place winners. Team lava will decide the winners though. This was to prevent me from choosing one of my neighbours just because they're a nbr., or choosing myself if I had another game on another device ( which I don't...lol).

I'm hoping other players who can afford will jump in later and run a contest of their own. I love the design aspects of the games and just thought this would be nice for others who like the design part of the games too rather than just entering the lottery type weekly contests.

The rest of the contest particulars will be posted by Norman on Jan 3. Spread the word if you can.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 03:06 PM
Sure. It's a little design contest.
Participants design their restaurant and bakery, then write about a paragraph to go with their design. The theme is New Year hopes. So let's say your hoping for a year of sunshine and happiness. You would design a bright eatery, maybe with lots of happy customers. Then write a bit about your hopes for 2011, and how your eatery shows that.

I've put up 50 gems for each bakery and restaurant as sort of a goodwill gesture toward my fellow players. I hope newer and younger players enter as it's tougher for them to get gems. Team lava has also donated 25 gems for each game for second place winners. Team lava will decide the winners though. This was to prevent me from choosing one of my neighbours just because they're a nbr., or choosing myself if I had another game on another device ( which I don't...lol).

I'm hoping other players who can afford will jump in later and run a contest of their own. I love the design aspects of the games and just thought this would be nice for others who like the design part of the games too rather than just entering the lottery type weekly contests.

The rest of the contest particulars will be posted by Norman on Jan 3. Spread the word if you can.

Now i get it. Well i'll be definitely be entering for the contest. Thank you so much for being so nice, we need more people like this (:

btw i found this so this is why i was a bit confused.. maybe im not sure norman forgot to put it as well as you did..(rules) the person just talked about their hopes but nothing to do with the restaurant.. or bakery.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?5533-January-2011-Event-Preview

lesleypsg1
01-03-11, 03:47 PM
I saw the threads. Looks good. I hope others enjoy and participate in this player to player and that it gives other players inspiration to host one of these as well.

I notice Norman, you do not have the 1 at the end of my I.d. You'll need it when you allot the gems from my account to the winners :)

Thanks again

Unregistered
01-11-11, 05:32 PM
Any idea when the winners will be decided?

Unregistered
01-13-11, 01:24 PM
So what's happening with this contest. Winners haven't been announced and it almost a full week since it closed?