PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Valentine 2013 Issues

kooky panda
01-19-13, 10:00 AM
Issues with the new Valentine version.

I have reported the issues with the new version over.

meme1098
01-19-13, 10:39 AM
Ok, Kooky, deleted both versions from iCloud, Christmas and Valentine, and reinstalled them.
I'm on Ipad2 vs.6.01

Opening the V version, bugs are still there:
1. Huge popups
2. Main and design tabs are huge as well as tabs when visiting nbrs,
3. Comments are still limited to about half a line and can only view the same on nbrs walks.

However, after reinstalling the Christmas version, I now am able to see the Valentines content in my Restaurant and my neighbors. One improvement

Hopefully the bugs in the V version can be fixed.

kooky panda
01-19-13, 10:54 AM
Ok, Kooky, deleted both versions from iCloud, Christmas and Valentine, and reinstalled them.
I'm on Ipad2 vs.6.01

Opening the V version, bugs are still there:
1. Huge popups
2. Main and design tabs are huge as well as tabs when visiting nbrs,
3. Comments are still limited to about half a line and can only view the same on nbrs walks.

However, after reinstalling the Christmas version, I now am able to see the Valentines content in my Restaurant and my neighbors. One improvement

Hopefully the bugs in the V version can be fixed.
I checked my ipad 3 game and I am not seeing huge pops and menus, etc.
Can you post a picture?

meme1098
01-19-13, 11:01 AM
Lets see if I get this right.
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/3aec6a43b6c53d5d5e90d18b9847452f_zps41e01525.jpg

meme1098
01-19-13, 11:02 AM
Here's another with better view of the menu and design tabs:
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u522/gloria1098/d015ef74c3521703d183c5f8cd472cd7_zps8ec9de8a.jpg

nmishii
01-19-13, 11:21 AM
Regular, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentines Android versions are all okay after reinstalling/installing. All have Valentines gifts, decorations and food. Can see it all.

The cookbook for the fondue is okay now on the Valentines version. Just the first time I opened it a recipe was incomplete.

The emoji on the Valentines version is different now, but no change on the other versions. Now the emoji looks mostly like Chinese characters, with some Korean, Arabic, and other symbols. And its right justified if the post starts with emoji, and remains left justified if it starts with text. Using the TouchPal keyboard on ICS. No big deal.

Just waiting for the goals...

kirstyns
01-19-13, 11:43 AM
Why are the valentine items not showing up in your regular restaurant?It leaves blank spaces where they should be. If they can't be for both then I will delete the valentine restaurant version >?<

nmishii
01-19-13, 11:52 AM
Why are the valentine items not showing up in your regular restaurant?It leaves blank spaces where they should be. If they can't be for both then I will delete the valentine restaurant version >?<

You need to reinstall to be able to see the Valentines stuff. At least on Android.

meme1098
01-19-13, 12:03 PM

Also for IOS users as well. iPad to delete and reinstall both versions to be able to see V content in the Christmas version. I'm not ready to switch to V version yet since posts get cut off since I'm on an iPad.

meme1098
01-19-13, 12:04 PM
Geez ... Wish there was an edit option on here. Meant I had to delete and reinstall. Haha

badger8
01-19-13, 12:04 PM
Just FYI- Monday is a federal holiday in the USA. This may not get attention for a few days.
I know- great, huh?

Vera545
01-19-13, 12:35 PM
Valentines items, food, wallpaper, counters etc. are only visible in Valentines version. When I open regular RS, I only see empty ovens, and blanc spaces where items should be.

The christmas stuff however is visible in normal RS ..... BIG GLITCH TL.

Neighbours that do not have valentines version only see empty counters, ovens and holes in my walls.

I am on Android Samsung Galaxy tab 2

meme1098
01-19-13, 12:39 PM
Valentines items, food, wallpaper, counters etc. are only visible in Valentines version. When I open regular RS, I only see empty ovens, and blanc spaces where items should be.

The christmas stuff however is visible in normal RS ..... BIG GLITCH TL.

Neighbours that do not have valentines version only see empty counters, ovens and holes in my walls.

I am on Android Samsung Galaxy tab 2

I'm on ipad2 and had the very same problem, Vera. After deleting and reinstalling the Christmas version, I can now see all valentine content. I also have the valentine version installed but will not be using it since there's a bug for iPad users cutting off posts. Only about half a line is visible for iPad users just like in HDS (one of the many reasons I quit that game)

KadeeDid
01-19-13, 12:41 PM
A neighbour has levitating appliance box. Another has levitating tips and invisible tables. I am waiting until the bugs are worked out. I think I had the goal in all games. (oops, iOS doesn't have "goals for installing new games . . . Just for beating levels"). I mean the announcement and suggestion to play . . . Got to love the semantics!

FrozenTurtle
01-19-13, 12:48 PM
A neighbour has levitating appliance box. Another has levitating tips and invisible tables. I am waiting until the bugs are worked out. I think I had the goal in all games. (oops, iOS doesn't have "goals for installing new games . . . Just for beating levels"). I mean the announcement and suggestion to play . . . Got to love the semantics!

This should be resolved after force-closing and restarting the affected version of the app. Let us know if you continue to experience any issues with this.

meme1098
01-19-13, 12:50 PM
I had those issues too (on iPad 2) but everything's hunky dory after deleting and reinstalling the Christmas version.

CuddlyDragon
01-19-13, 01:49 PM
Perfect, Keep the issue reports coming, I will send in a list of things that need to be fixed in about 5 hours. :)

Gypsy_Cat
01-19-13, 02:03 PM
I would like to officially report that Kindle Fire users have the option to gift new parts and receive them, but do not have any of the other content (decor, recipes, new appliance, etc).

pattypopo
01-19-13, 03:15 PM
I also would like to report that I have not received any Valentines stuff on my Kindle. I could not open the Thansgiving version at all and had to install the old version to play.

Griff_AZ
01-19-13, 03:33 PM
Android Jelly Bean = the camera, social and Storm 8 icons are visible on top right of home screen but disappear when visiting neighbors - requires extra taps to use icon at bottom left - not good for my arthritic hands. It may only be neighbours who aren't yet on the valentine version - I'm not sure!

Griff_AZ
01-19-13, 03:40 PM
Further to my previous posts - the top corner icons are missing regardless of whether the neighbour is on valentine version or not

CuddlyDragon
01-19-13, 04:20 PM
Just FYI- Monday is a federal holiday in the USA. This may not get attention for a few days.
I know- great, huh?

We will be working. Also, 98% of the time we check our emails and the forums even on our days off. Lots of staff members work on their days off and vacations to solve/fix problems if needed. :)

CuddlyDragon
01-19-13, 04:27 PM
Further to my previous posts - the top corner icons are missing regardless of whether the neighbour is on valentine version or not

I am seeing the icons (although they are huge) when I visit.

Have you tried reinstalling?

nmishii
01-19-13, 04:31 PM
Android Jelly Bean = the camera, social and Storm 8 icons are visible on top right of home screen but disappear when visiting neighbors - requires extra taps to use icon at bottom left - not good for my arthritic hands. It may only be neighbours who aren't yet on the valentine version - I'm not sure!

Same on Android ICS, Valentine's version only. You can do the extra taps to visit other neighbors like said above, and you can go back home to visit and go to other games, but you can't take screenshots of neighbor's restaurants.

nmishii
01-19-13, 04:33 PM

Are you looking on your Android device? :)

I don't see the icons on my Android (see post above) and the icon size on Android devices were not affected.

nmishii
01-19-13, 04:36 PM
The thread below was closed and we were told to come here to post issues. But there was more in the thread than just issues. All the new Valentines content was posted at the beginning of the thread and I found that quite helpful.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44620-Restaurant-Story-Valentines-Day

CuddlyDragon
01-19-13, 04:46 PM
Are you looking on your Android device? :)

I don't see the icons on my Android (see post above) and the icon size on Android devices were not affected.

Yep, I was checking on my Droid phone. :D

CuddlyDragon
01-19-13, 04:46 PM
The thread below was closed and we were told to come here to post issues. But there was more in the thread than just issues. All the new Valentines content was posted at the beginning of the thread and I found that quite helpful.

Fixed, I didnt mean to close it. lol

kylebusch
01-19-13, 04:52 PM
I have downloaded it but the items aren't on there

sweetstuff525
01-19-13, 04:58 PM
I have downloaded it but the items aren't on there

Try uninstalling and re downloading
Same thing happened to me and I did that and saw all the decor

PartyScout
01-19-13, 04:59 PM
I see the prize for the goals on my iPad but no goals.

MamaBear2515
01-19-13, 05:44 PM
Ok are the goals for restaurant story valentines day up in the game yet? Cuz i have a goal but i dont know if its from the christmas version. If the v-day goals are up can somebody post what they all are please??

jessenv1313
01-19-13, 05:58 PM
Ipad 3, current IOS 6.0.1. RS Valentine edition 1.6.7 - Deleted and reinstalled, re-updated... did nothing to fix - All message/info screens MASSIVE size, takes up almost entire ipad screen. All messages on my own wall AND any nbrs I visit WITHIN Val edition cuts off all messages/posts... about 5-8 words are visible only, depending on their length.

After deleting & reinstalling regular & xmas versions, they now have Val items/food visible... yay, one fix! So I'm playing in those versions... Val is too much hassle with the msgs messed up! Can't read anything!

meme1098
01-19-13, 06:08 PM
I'm on iPad 2 and the post cut off is a bug that also was present for iPad users inHome Design Story. As far as I know it never got fixed.
I'm continuing to use the Christmas version, too, because of that reason.

Leire22
01-19-13, 06:22 PM
Why are that pop ups in this version so big! It is even out of focus, no sharp pic of it plus it looks terribly ugly this big - am on iPad... Hope there will be update which makes all pop up windows again normal size...

Leire22
01-19-13, 06:25 PM
Any chance u resize pop up windows as we are used to???? These bigger are ugly, out of focus, too big, i dont like tjem at all, no sharp pic, i hope there will be soon update to fix it... This to me is horible

Leire22
01-19-13, 06:28 PM
Much bigger are not just pop ups, but all icons of a game, it looks very ugly, to me u pleasant to play

Leire22
01-19-13, 06:29 PM
Oppsss... unpleasant

Leire22
01-19-13, 06:33 PM
Well all graphic except restaurant itself is out of focus, too big from what we are used to, hope u faix this, cuz i wont play it till u do, if i need items i buy them and go back to xmass version... Easy

BoredOOMM
01-19-13, 07:55 PM
Regular RS continually crashes on Android Gingerbread. Will remove and install VS to see if I can tip/gift. I took 4 days off after purging my Christmas decorations down to concrete floors with white walls due to the graphics difficult on my phone and if this continues will be no longer playing.

LCAHEARTS
01-19-13, 07:56 PM
I'm not getting notifications on the Valentine version. I've uninstalled, checked that everything is on [in game and in device settings]...Anyone else?

Griff_AZ
01-19-13, 07:58 PM
I had, and I just tried again, even though they are availableon the home screen, they are not present when I visit another restaurant. This is on a tablet - not a phone.

Griff_AZ
01-19-13, 08:03 PM
I had, and I just tried again, even though they are availableon the home screen, they are not present when I visit another restaurant. This is on a tablet - not a phone.
Sorry - just realised Iforgot to include the quote - it's the social, camera and storm 8 icons from top left of screen I'm referring to

jessenv1313
01-19-13, 10:01 PM
I'm on iPad 2 and the post cut off is a bug that also was present for iPad users inHome Design Story. As far as I know it never got fixed.
I'm continuing to use the Christmas version, too, because of that reason.

Same here, I tried to switch to the HomeDesign reg version cuz the snow bothers my eyes on that game, makes it hard to see the "sparkles" for me. But when I saw the message cut off, I went back to xmas. Major pain!

debnfurkids
01-19-13, 10:29 PM

why was my question about kindle users getting update deleted? I just posted it 30 mine. Ago.
Thank you

nmishii
01-19-13, 10:41 PM

For posts 20-27, Griff_AZ and I are not seeing the icons in the upper right corner when visiting on the Android Valentines version. You are. We are on Jelly Bean and ICS. What OS are you on?

Here are screenshots of one of my permanent pending invites (see, they are good for something :p). The first is on the regular version. Note the 3 icons in the upper right corner. The second is on the Valentines version. Note the missing icons. Can we get the icons back?

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/nmishii/Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-14-48.png

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g469/nmishii/Screenshot_2013-01-19-21-17-01.png

rizny
01-19-13, 11:00 PM
I already dlete all version, n reinstally them. bt stil c'not open it. Always show me FORCE CLOSE. My phone SE Xperia (Android) please help me how to make d' valentines edition working on my phone. :-( thankz fr helping. :-)

ladygaga1978
01-19-13, 11:29 PM
I am playing on an iPod Touch 4 and I am unable to select multiple boxes when selecting to request help or give gifts. I have not gifted my neighbours today or requested for help, this has also never happened to me. Is this a glitch on the Valentine's Day Edition? I am able to select multiple boxes on the regular version of RS and the Christmas Edition, but not the Valentine's Day Edition. Please let me know what I can do to fix this! I have already tried restarted the app and my device. Thanks in advance!

MerryweatherPippin
01-20-13, 07:57 AM
This morning I leveled up and then the page reloaded and my level up dissapeared along with the new wallpaper I had just bought. Once I had enough money to repurchase the wallpaper ($4,000 coins) I bought it again, but then the page reloaded again and now it's gone again along with my money! What gives?!

Debs4090
01-20-13, 09:20 AM
Am playing on iPad 2 iOS 6.0.1 software & Valentine's Day version is seriously glitches the graphics are huge, out of focus & hurt my eyes, uninstalled it reinstalled Christmas Version & everything back to normal plus can still get all Valentine's Day items. Cleared cache ( click home button twice then hold it down until the icons wiggle & have a Red Cross on them then delete them all) then tried to reinstall Valentine's Day version again and no difference graphics still way out of proportion for screen size so I went back to Christmas Version works fine & normal size graphics/icons

TexasFarmerBarb
01-20-13, 09:38 AM
I see the prize for the goals on my iPad but no goals.

Same here!

scotlandyardyummies
01-20-13, 10:11 AM
Hi Gypsy_Cat,

Kindle Fire users do not have any of the other V'Day content because Team Lava has not released Restaurant Story:Valentine's Day on the Kindle. I am not sure if they plan to. They did not release the Christmas version for the Kindle Fire. Several customers have asked in these forums, but TeamLava has not responded about the Kindle release. If TeamLava plans on not releasing Valentine's Day for the Kindle Fire, there should be some sort of way to prevent Kindle Fire users from receiving V'Day gifts. I am also a Kindle Fire user and have received V'Day materials from my friends, but I can't do anything with it. I don't mind giving the V'Day gifts. But, it doesn't make sense to receive a whole bunch of materials you can't use. :(

dancingsnickerdoodle
01-20-13, 10:15 AM
When leaving messages, they are cut off. Only half of the message appears. This happens when both posting to nbrs & receiving from them. This is on the Valentines version only (am using IOS). Thank you

jmterao
01-20-13, 11:25 AM
Another bug? The forever rose is go e from my menu, including the one I paid gems to build :(

queentina3
01-20-13, 11:58 AM
I just consider the huge buttons on my iPad 2 game as drunk buttons. I'm with the rest of you though, they are annoyingly large and cumbersome. It is also slower to gift as I usually have to hit the check box a few times before it sticks, not to mention scrolling through the gift page which is significantly slower as well. I haven't even attempted to tip in this version yet, but plan on doing that via the XMAS version when I get around to it.

TexasFarmerBarb
01-20-13, 12:37 PM
Same here!

I downloaded the Christmas version and the Valentine goals are there!!!

bigbux3
01-20-13, 12:56 PM
I downloaded the Christmas version and the Valentine goals are there!!!

Does this mean I need to delete and reinstall the Valentines app again?

lunamix
01-20-13, 01:18 PM
Missing texture:
I just wanted to report a missing texture of the Autumn Leaves floor tiles.
After deleting and reinstalling the new verison, I've come to realize my floor panels
are missing. Please look into this missing patch.

TexasFarmerBarb
01-20-13, 01:41 PM
Does this mean I need to delete and reinstall the Valentines app again?

No, I didn't delete/reinstall the Valentines app I just left it there and uploaded the Christmas app and playing the game there instead of the Valentine app

ButterPanda
01-20-13, 07:22 PM
Missing texture:
I just wanted to report a missing texture of the Autumn Leaves floor tiles.
After deleting and reinstalling the new verison, I've come to realize my floor panels
are missing. Please look into this missing patch.

Please delete and redownload your app then restart your device. We have checked your floor tiles and they appear to be fine.

Sweetheart0617
01-20-13, 08:56 PM
I'm having the same problem... HELP!

Gorillabeats
01-21-13, 01:06 AM
Can't see the valentine dish menu. Can't do the goal when I can't cook the heart shape pizzas. I have reinstalled all the versions of rs n rebooted several times. Still doesn't help. Although I know this is a free game, it's quite annoying when so frequently buggy.

id: gorillabeats

Samsung Galaxy N7000
Jellybean 4.4

melmarie622
01-21-13, 07:48 AM
Same here, no valentines recipes....everything else is showing and the goals. But none of the recipes to complete the goals. Ive unistalled and reinstalled and turn off and on my phone at least 5 times Nothing...... (Iphone 4S)

nmishii
01-21-13, 07:53 AM
When I try to delete a neighbor request, I get "Processing..." for several seconds and then nothing happens. The invite exists. Happens in News Feed and the Neighbor list. If I visit a neighbor, it still remains. When I exit the game and come back in it is finally gone.

Android ICS

While the Android version is not as buggy as the iOS version, it is still inconvenient to play because of the lack of icons in neighbor screens and this. Went back to the regular version.

ellamouse
01-21-13, 07:53 AM
I have the same problem, the only way I can access the valentines stuff is to open the application through the apps store. Problem with that is that I now have two restaurants going with different things in each. I have a valentines oven in my normal restaurant but like you cant cook anything and have changed all of my tables but that isn't showing at all. Very annoying!!!! Mine is on th iphone 4S too.

missan71
01-21-13, 08:40 AM
I have no goals nothing... With te valentine editon... Why?

jl0408
01-21-13, 09:08 AM
I'm having problems scrolling across my restaurant in the Valentine's version. Usually I can just tap and pull to the section I want to look at. But now I really have to force it just to scroll from one section to another. I'm not talking about trying to move items, just to move from one end to the other. I'm not sure my current size, but the next expansion is 19x22 so it's the size below that. It's pretty big so this is a big problem for me navigating through my restaurant. The regular and Christmas RS don't have this problem. My other games (BS, Farm, Fashion, DS, MS) are scrolling like normal as well.

I did uninstall and reinstall RS:V a few hours after installing it yesterday to fix notification errors. Notifications came back, but scrolling across restaurant is still stuck.

Gorillabeats
01-21-13, 09:36 AM
I still only have 3 recipes in my valentine ovens, the rest of the menus are empty.

However, i found that the heart shaped pizzas are made in a regular glassfronted oven.

nmishii
01-21-13, 11:04 AM
I still only have 3 recipes in my valentine ovens, the rest of the menus are empty.

However, i found that the heart shaped pizzas are made in a regular glassfronted oven.

There are only 3 recipes on the valentine ovens (the Fondue for Two oven). The rest are on the regular oven (5) and regular stove (2).

FrozenTurtle
01-21-13, 11:32 AM
I already dlete all version, n reinstally them. bt stil c'not open it. Always show me FORCE CLOSE. My phone SE Xperia (Android) please help me how to make d' valentines edition working on my phone. :-( thankz fr helping. :-)

Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you let us know which version you are accessing?

Same here, no valentines recipes....everything else is showing and the goals. But none of the recipes to complete the goals. Ive unistalled and reinstalled and turn off and on my phone at least 5 times Nothing...... (Iphone 4S)

Can both of you let us know which recipes you are unable to see?

I have no goals nothing... With te valentine editon... Why?

The minimum level for the new Valentine's Day Goals is 12. You won't see these Goals until then.

melmarie622
01-21-13, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=FrozenTurtle;521496]Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you let us know which version you are accessing?

Can both of you let us know which recipes you are unable to see?

I dont have heart pizzas or the other valentines recipes. Just the regular ones that I already had.
I am using version 1.6.7

FrozenTurtle
01-21-13, 03:45 PM
I dont have heart pizzas or the other valentines recipes. Just the regular ones that I already had.
I am using version 1.6.7

Is "melmarie622" the account you are experiencing this issue? If you are on an iOS device, you will need to download and install the Valentine's Day version in the App Store to see these recipes.

melmarie622
01-21-13, 04:38 PM
Yes, its that account melmari622. I have downloaded that version in the app store. Several times..... when I play it everything looks like the valentines version.... Except I DO NOT have the recipes. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled "the valentines" version at least 5 times.
Any other suggestions???

melmarie622
01-21-13, 04:42 PM
and when I go to the app store and find the Valentines Restaurant story is says "open" because it is already installed....

beyondjupiter
01-21-13, 07:59 PM
When visiting neighbors or community members the "take a picture" button and the "social" button to visit others is missing. I think it was a phone icon? Much more convenient than going into the menu > social etc.

terryzalewski
01-21-13, 09:55 PM
I can't find this link here. I'm on an android smart phone playing. And since I installed the Valentines edition I'm having a very hard time scrolling through the restuarant. It acts as if it's "at the end" of the screen, when in reality Your only in the top corner. I've rebooted, uninstalled, and reinstalled.
Anyone have any input?

Kalenaa
01-22-13, 04:21 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Valentine's Day Restaurant Story and still not getting any goals. I had the same problem with Restaurant story. Using Acer 100 tablet.

Kalenaa
01-22-13, 04:23 AM
Forgot to add, not seeing any Valentine recipes either.

accisse
01-22-13, 05:38 AM
I have the same problem as you when playing Valentines edition. On android too. I switched back to Winter edition. Seems like the goals will appear there once you have Valentines edition installed.

accisse
01-22-13, 05:40 AM
I have the same problem as you when playing Valentines edition. On android too. I switched back to Winter edition. Seems like the goals will appear there once you have Valentines edition installed.

Oh forget I said anything. Seems like the valentines recipes don't appear on winter edition. Bummer.

nmishii
01-22-13, 06:29 AM
I am on Android and playing the regular version because the Valentines version has too many bugs. I have the goals and the recipes.

accisse
01-22-13, 06:35 AM
I am on Android and playing the regular version because the Valentines version has too many bugs. I have the goals and the recipes.

I might switch over soon, once I finish mastering "morning cheer". I'm not sure why my regular version doesn't have that. Does yours?

jbgarza09
01-22-13, 06:56 AM
When i'm visiting my neighbors the social button isn't there, I have to click the menu then social, its too much work cash you fix this

nmishii
01-22-13, 07:38 AM
I might switch over soon, once I finish mastering "morning cheer". I'm not sure why my regular version doesn't have that. Does yours?

They removed the holiday content on Jan 7. But they left the Christmas stuff in the Christmas version, Thanksgiving in Thanksgiving version, etc. So the Christmas version has more recipes and decorations than the regular one.

nmishii
01-22-13, 07:39 AM
When i'm visiting my neighbors the social button isn't there, I have to click the menu then social, its too much work cash you fix this

Its already been reported. In this thread.

1boysdad
01-22-13, 01:54 PM
I dont have any goals in my restaurant. I'm already to level 6 and have not received one quest yet. I just installed it today.

kooky panda
01-22-13, 02:07 PM
I dont have any goals in my restaurant. I'm already to level 6 and have not received one quest yet. I just installed it today.
You will need to be on level 12 to see the Valentine goals (IOS and Android)

goofy42
01-22-13, 02:22 PM
Concerning the glitches in the Valentine's version (the huge menu boxes, and the lack of space for full messages), isn't it possible to simply correct this error? None of the other versions have this problem. I know that we can use one of the other versions, but we don't know if our neighbors are using the Valentine's version. If they are, and we write complete messages, they will not be able to read them. It seems like a waste of time (and a bit intrusive) to write to each neighbor (I have more than 90) and ask them to use any version other than the Valentine's one. Can't this problem be corrected? I hope so. Thanks.

accisse
01-22-13, 06:07 PM
They removed the holiday content on Jan 7. But they left the Christmas stuff in the Christmas version, Thanksgiving in Thanksgiving version, etc. So the Christmas version has more recipes and decorations than the regular one.

Oh, what holiday is "morning cheer" for? I thought it's been a regular recipe on RS ever since I started playing. Pancakes are supposed to be normal food in my dictionary :P Thanks for your reply!

lanicefaith
01-22-13, 08:12 PM
I'm having issues for valentine rs version as well ipad2 my menu is also ginormous and my posts are being cut off, I have already reintalled it thinking that would work but no it's still huge

nmishii
01-22-13, 08:32 PM
Oh, what holiday is "morning cheer" for? I thought it's been a regular recipe on RS ever since I started playing. Pancakes are supposed to be normal food in my dictionary :P Thanks for your reply!

It was released for Christmas 2011. I recall it had a snowman on it.

What is in your dictionary, and the dictionary of others, is not necessarily in TL's dictionary. TL has surprised a lot of people with what they consider holiday and what they don't.

accisse
01-23-13, 06:59 AM
It was released for Christmas 2011. I recall it had a snowman on it.

What is in your dictionary, and the dictionary of others, is not necessarily in TL's dictionary. TL has surprised a lot of people with what they consider holiday and what they don't.

I see, that explains, I wasn't playing yet in 2011. Yes I'm well aware TL's dictionary is different from mine. I guess it's not exactly "holiday food" or "holiday items" they removed, more like any recipe or item that was introduced for the purpose of a certain holiday. At least I can still cook it using the winter edition for now :)

spectacledArtist
01-23-13, 12:51 PM
Back again!
Just some glitchy issues with the new Restaurant Story Valentine's Day version - my Restaurant Story apps aren't linked like they should be i.e. if something has finished cooking in the VDay version it should appear in my other RS apps
And pieces of furniture are invisible! The food will still be there and tips will shown above the tables but I've had occasions where the stoves/ovens aren't appearing or the tables are invisble - you get the idea!
Thanks again, sorry to be a bother uvu
-spec

1boysdad
01-23-13, 12:53 PM
You will need to be on level 12 to see the Valentine goals (IOS and Android)

That doesn't make sense...shouldn't I be getting normal goals for levels 1 to 12? I have had ZERO goals...now at level 8.

jennyhotcakes
01-23-13, 09:40 PM
I'm on level 18 and there is no heart shaped pizzas in the recipe book???

nmishii
01-23-13, 09:49 PM
Heart. shaped pizza is on the regular oven. At the beginning of the cookbook along with waffle balls, seafood artichokes, gushhing cheesecake and lobster colorado.

mizuiro15
01-25-13, 11:35 PM
Hello..
I installed this Valentine Version but I don't have the Restaurant Story installed..
Should it be installed??
I don't have any quest in the Valentine Version..

mmkmisswendy
01-26-13, 07:43 AM
every time a moderator replies to a comment on this thread and doesn't address the kindle fire situation it angers more and more players just so you are aware...its getting to be disrespectful at this point.

karana101
01-27-13, 07:44 AM
I am on an iPad and I just earned 2 gems that vanished when I logged back in. I have not spent them, please help thank you

karana101
01-27-13, 10:23 AM
I am on an iPad and I just earned 2 gems that vanished when I logged back in. I have not spent them, please help thank you

Make that 3 now that vanished and I think I went back on a level. I was at 16 but now I'm at 15 again. I already reinstalled the game but nothing worked

CortneyLS
01-27-13, 12:10 PM
I have deleted and reinstalled Resturant Story (all versions) but the new recipes for the Valentines version still wont show up. I can see Flambeed Strawberries and Stawberry Salad but that is all. Also where do I find berry pies because that doesn't seem to be a cookable option either?

meme1098
01-27-13, 05:45 PM
I have deleted and reinstalled Resturant Story (all versions) but the new recipes for the Valentines version still wont show up. I can see Flambeed Strawberries and Stawberry Salad but that is all. Also where do I find berry pies because that doesn't seem to be a cookable option either?

Some recipes also appear on the oven; waffle balls, lobster, heart pizza, seafood avacadoes. They are on the oven, not the stove. If you haven't built an oven yet, put one of your stoves in storage and you can then build an oven.

OnCloudDivine
01-27-13, 08:43 PM
On my appliance list, the folk oven preceeds the fondue for two as a "new" appliance, taking the first appliance slot. Reset the game and now it's at the back of the list, but just thought it was odd it was not only listed first, but as "new"...

Beckathee
01-27-13, 08:59 PM
I am level 13 in this game and customers have stopped coming into my restaurant completely? Is this a common problem? How do I fix it?

bookmagician
01-28-13, 04:11 PM
I'm having some problems with my Valentine's edition. Furniture keeps disappearing from the screen. The stove or tables will not be there, but there will still be coins or dishes hovering above them. Also my game force closes at least twice a day. Is there some way to fix this?

1boysdad
01-29-13, 11:03 AM
Hello..
I installed this Valentine Version but I don't have the Restaurant Story installed..
Should it be installed??
I don't have any quest in the Valentine Version..

Installing the regular version didn't work for me...no quests still...no response from the devs. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no quests.

kooky panda
01-29-13, 11:14 AM
Installing the regular version didn't work for me...no quests still...no response from the devs. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...no quests.
What level are you? what device do you play on?

1boysdad
01-29-13, 11:44 AM
What level are you? what device do you play on?

I play on a Samsung Galaxy SII.. I am now level 11...I realize there may be some special quests that start at level 12, but what about the normal quests? Those always start at level 1.

FrozenTurtle
01-29-13, 12:31 PM
I am level 13 in this game and customers have stopped coming into my restaurant completely? Is this a common problem? How do I fix it?

This is usually because you have blocked the door or cashier/podium with an object (it could be the Autumn Mat). Go into Design mode and move your furniture around to provide access for your customers.

I'm having some problems with my Valentine's edition. Furniture keeps disappearing from the screen. The stove or tables will not be there, but there will still be coins or dishes hovering above them. Also my game force closes at least twice a day. Is there some way to fix this?

Are you accessing the game from both versions of the app? We recommend not switching between versions as it may cause syncing issues. Also, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app?

I play on a Samsung Galaxy SII.. I am now level 11...I realize there may be some special quests that start at level 12, but what about the normal quests? Those always start at level 1.

The only current Goals for Restaurant Story are Winter and Valentine's Day Goals. Both of these have a minimum level of 12 before you can start them.

Charmens
01-30-13, 02:04 AM
I'm on level 57 in Valentine Restuarant Story Stormid Charmens. I have 2 doors my main door is not letting customers in. They come to the door and a clock appears above they head then they disappear. I do not have nothing blocking the door, I have plenty of cook food. I tried to move the door, delete the game and reinstall it neither thing worked the problem continues. My second door is only bringing in a very few amount of customers. My smiley face level is 14 which is bad. I normally have a 100 smiley face level. Can someone please look into this this problem is about a week old now. It's really making the game unenjoyable.
Thanks.

toma_chan
01-31-13, 10:37 PM
Hi,

I am playing restaurant story valentine version in my iphone 4 ios ver.6.0.1 and my stormid is toma_chan. I have the "Visualization" as my goal requirement. I read from the forum that it is not the goal for this valentine version challenge. Is there anyway to fix this problem? Because i couldn't find the planked fish meal in my basic stove or basic oven. Please help.

Also, i have advertised games' installations and plays as goal requirements. When i checked my niece's restaurant story, it doesn't have these goal requirements. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thank u

Griff_AZ
02-01-13, 01:09 AM
I'm on level 57 in Valentine Restuarant Story Stormid Charmens. I have 2 doors my main door is not letting customers in. They come to the door and a clock appears above they head then they disappear. I do not have nothing blocking the door, I have plenty of cook food. I tried to move the door, delete the game and reinstall it neither thing worked the problem continues. My second door is only bringing in a very few amount of customers. My smiley face level is 14 which is bad. I normally have a 100 smiley face level. Can someone please look into this this problem is about a week old now. It's really making the game unenjoyable.
Thanks.

Hi Charmes - not sure what my cat just did to the post but...

Where's your Host table - I think you need to have one by the door - when the customers come in they stop at the Host Table first, My guess is you don't have one or they can't get to it. Put the table back by the door and I think you shouldfind it works okay again

Griff_AZ
02-01-13, 01:11 AM
Hi,

I am playing restaurant story valentine version in my iphone 4 ios ver.6.0.1 and my stormid is toma_chan. I have the "Visualization" as my goal requirement. I read from the forum that it is not the goal for this valentine version challenge. Is there anyway to fix this problem? Because i couldn't find the planked fish meal in my basic stove or basic oven. Please help.

Also, i have advertised games' installations and plays as goal requirements. When i checked my niece's restaurant story, it doesn't have these goal requirements. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thank u

The Planked fish are on the grill, so you either need to buy one or get one out of storage (store one of your other appliances to make room if you don't have free slot. As far as I know there's no way to get rid of goals

liza133
02-01-13, 06:07 AM
So I have been playing this game for a while now & had no big problems to complain about but now I cant even get into the game past the goal window popup... So now my food is spoiled coz the game just stops working... I have uninstalled and reinstalled all restaurant story games I had on my phone but it made no difference...

ID liza133
Phone sony acro s Xperia

Help me & fix this plzzzzzzzzzzzz thanx

toma_chan
02-01-13, 06:50 AM
The Planked fish are on the grill, so you either need to buy one or get one out of storage (store one of your other appliances to make room if you don't have free slot. As far as I know there's no way to get rid of goals

Found it. Thanks a lot >v<

Aliciasfunstuff
02-01-13, 07:55 AM
So I have been playing this game for a while now & had no big problems to complain about but now I cant even get into the game past the goal window popup... So now my food is spoiled coz the game just stops working... I have uninstalled and reinstalled all restaurant story games I had on my phone but it made no difference...

ID liza133
Phone sony acro s Xperia

Help me & fix this plzzzzzzzzzzzz thanx

I had this problem too this morning mine has to do with the goal to dl vday slots after I did it came up with a new goal and it pops ip when I enter the game or try and cookif i click "ok" for the new goal the game crashes... I found that if I hit my phones back button to ignor it I could get into the game. Its annoying to click the phones back button every time I try to do anything but at least my food wont spoil.

ashleyann2006
02-01-13, 08:06 AM
I have the same problem now as well. I am on an Android phone . it worked till i got to lvl 10 on slots and went back to rs Val , i cant get to my food pass the pop up screen . i uninstall and re-install, still the same problem

need to get my val food out before it spoil..

thanks

mirry2013
02-01-13, 09:03 AM
I have same problem, it started with pop-up "secrets of the masters"
On my asus tablet android

I see my food spoil but i can't do anything

kooky panda
02-01-13, 09:38 AM
I had this problem too this morning mine has to do with the goal to dl vday slots after I did it came up with a new goal and it pops ip when I enter the game or try and cookif i click "ok" for the new goal the game crashes... I found that if I hit my phones back button to ignor it I could get into the game. Its annoying to click the phones back button every time I try to do anything but at least my food wont spoil.

I have the same problem now as well. I am on an Android phone . it worked till i got to lvl 10 on slots and went back to rs Val , i cant get to my food pass the pop up screen . i uninstall and re-install, still the same problem

need to get my val food out before it spoil..

thanks

Current thread. Please post here
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45504-Force-closing-after-goal-for-v-day-slots

I have same problem, it started with pop-up "secrets of the masters"
On my asus tablet android

I see my food spoil but i can't do anything

seven024
02-02-13, 03:52 AM
I served food in my resturant and then the game started processing. I got some pop ups but when I closed everything the food I just served was gone. I did't get any money for the food. My doors were never blocked. This processing issue happens often. While in the game it starts processing and everything I did for the past few minutes never happened. Normally the food would still be there I would just have to serve it again but this time it was like I never cooked it. This happens in all of my TL games but I've learned to open the game and just wait until it starts processing before I do anything. What can I do to keep this from happening again.

SLMplay
02-02-13, 01:11 PM
Am a level 99 player, storm id SLMplay - asked TL to help me because on the VD edition I am "locked" out of the goal recipes, ie., artichoke hearts, lovely pancakes, etc. I would love to be able to make them, but I cannot advance any farther than the 99 I am already at to unlock them. Ideas?

Any help would be awesome!

RudiePoo22
02-02-13, 01:21 PM
I am not able to download the Valentine edition on Kindle Fire. Typed it in on the search tab at the App Store and nothing showed up, like it doesn't exist :(

cortnylyn
02-02-13, 01:32 PM
That is because we have not had it yet. Amazon is normally a week or 2 behind when IOS updates come out. That is IF TL even sent an update to Amazon for Kindle

sweetstuff525
02-02-13, 01:36 PM
V day isn't available for kindle.... But tl staff MHz said he's looking into it... To see if they can push in the update into game

He said he will give out more news on monday

Lucrece
02-03-13, 05:38 AM
Restaurant Story Valentines 2013 Bug ('The Final Preperations'} (repost in hopefully correct place)

Hi,

I have reached 'The Final Preperations' section of the Valentines 2013 game. This part requires me to buy 2 layered hearts wallpaper and a fondue for two. I already have my whole restaurant decorated with this wall paper, and I already have the fondue, but it is making me do it again for the credit? I have tried rebuying the wallpaper, but it doesn't seem to work, and I tried removing and resitting the Fondue, but that doesn't give me credit either.

Can anyone help? It seems a little silly that I have to rebuild the Fondue I already have

meme1098
02-03-13, 06:47 AM
Restaurant Story Valentines 2013 Bug ('The Final Preperations'} (repost in hopefully correct place)

Hi,

I have reached 'The Final Preperations' section of the Valentines 2013 game. This part requires me to buy 2 layered hearts wallpaper and a fondue for two. I already have my whole restaurant decorated with this wall paper, and I already have the fondue, but it is making me do it again for the credit? I have tried rebuying the wallpaper, but it doesn't seem to work, and I tried removing and resitting the Fondue, but that doesn't give me credit either.

Can anyone help? It seems a little silly that I have to rebuild the Fondue I already have

I think you can buy any wallpaper, so just buy the cheapest one and see if that counts. Then buy one more.
With the stove, you will have to build one. Put one of your other appliances in storage like the oven, stove or grill. Then you will be able to build another fondue for two stove.

Lucrece
02-03-13, 09:51 AM
Thanks very much meme1098 for your helpful reply :-) All sorted :-)

jbgarza09
02-03-13, 10:00 AM
It's a pain with the Valentines version, I have to go the long way to visit my neighbors for instance instead of clicking the social button on the top right corner I have to go through the main button! Nd yesterday I couldn't see my tips or my neighbors tables that have already been tipped nd I want going to click on every table to check which was tipped or not..

jbgarza09
02-03-13, 10:03 AM
*didn't want to check which tables were tipped or not

MamaBear2515
02-06-13, 02:09 PM
It's a pain with the Valentines version, I have to go the long way to visit my neighbors for instance instead of clicking the social button on the top right corner I have to go through the main button! Nd yesterday I couldn't see my tips or my neighbors tables that have already been tipped nd I want going to click on every table to check which was tipped or not..

Ive been having the same problem with the social button too. It was fine when i was playing on my iphone but now that im playing on my android phone it doesnt show up when i go to my neighbors restaurant.

MamaBear2515
02-06-13, 02:10 PM
Also ive been having problems with tables and chairs and other decor items not showing up it will just be a blank spot and then when i visit a neighbor or a community member it takes 10 whole mins for one table to load.

MamaBear2515
02-06-13, 02:12 PM
Also ive been having problems with tables and chairs and other decor items not showing up it will just be a blank spot and then when i visit a neighbor or a community member it takes 10 whole mins for one table to load.

Is it just my phone or all android users having this same problem too?

adarias
02-14-13, 08:13 AM
Here is a screenshot of what my comments box looks like in regular RS on my iPad. Notice how you can read the full message left by neighbors. Also notice the size of the comments box in relation to the screen.

adarias
02-14-13, 08:15 AM
Now here is what my comments box looks like in the V-day app on my iPad. See how the size is HUGE and the length of comments is cut off? This needs to be fixed.

adarias
02-14-13, 08:31 AM
Actually, as I look at these screenshots, the whole restaurant is magnified in the Valentine's Day version. Also, just so you know, these shots were taken today after deleting the new version from my device and downloading the latest from the app store. Obviously the problem remained.

meme1098
02-14-13, 09:18 AM
I have the same problem and that's why I'm still using the Christmas version of RS. That is a bug related to iPads. It was also a problem in Home Design and one of the many reasons why I quit playing that game. It was never resolved in HDS and probably won't here either. Probably was coded by the same people and its not a priority to be fixed. So I keep using the Christmas version.

tlpreer
02-14-13, 09:39 AM
Why does my food keep disappearing? No matter how much food I serve. I serve the food and leave for a few minutes, when I come back all my counters are empty. I seriously just served like 10,000 (maybe a little less) bowls of tomato bisque. I left the room for about 10 minutes or so and when I came back all the food was gone. What's up with that?

lotuskat
02-14-13, 09:41 AM
Why does my food keep disappearing? No matter how much food I serve. I serve the food and leave for a few minutes, when I come back all my counters are empty. I seriously just served like 10,000 (maybe a little less) bowls of tomato bisque. I left the room for about 10 minutes or so and when I came back all the food was gone. What's up with that?

Check out this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43841-Can-t-keep-food-on-counters).

tlpreer
02-14-13, 10:10 AM
Thanks. I read the thread but it didn't help me at all. None of the mods or community managers answered. It doesn't give me a solution.

lotuskat
02-14-13, 11:16 AM
Thanks. I read the thread but it didn't help me at all. None of the mods or community managers answered. It doesn't give me a solution.

Are you sure you're not experiencing a mass sell-off?

scout544
02-17-13, 03:33 AM
I have to had only to complete the last step of the Valentinesquest, the 40 Sweetheart Sweets. Yesterday i was halfway and still had 8 days to complete it. After updating the game the order is disappeared. Why?..

scout544
02-17-13, 03:41 AM
I meant the goal is disappeared.

rmosteller60
02-25-13, 01:11 PM
What happened to the moustache cupcakes that are cooked on regular ovens?? I had them for a day then they disappeared?? I am on kindle fire is that why? I dont understand why i could cook them for a day and then they were gone any one else have this problem? ? Or any answers???? I am playing original rs version.

Stueeeee
02-26-13, 12:24 PM
I finally built up lots of food after closing my restaurant. So i opened. Guess what. I went out of the app for 2 minutes, went back in and I'd made 1,533,060 coins. All my food was GONE!
If only it went that quick in BS. Must be a bug right?

sapphirecross
03-16-13, 03:26 PM
Hope this is the right place - have iPhone 5, playing valentine version:
I'm having problems with gifts.

A few hours ago, I requested 2 screws from nbrs, had 8, newsfeed shows both nbrs responded, the last nbr responded 20 min ago. However, only have 9 screws in inventory, one got lost I guess?
I am having trouble in bakery too, so have started writing down who I ask for what part and how many I have, but usually newsfeed doesn't show all nbrs responding, this is first time I've seen this where it shows both nbrs responding but I didn't get both parts.

sapphirecross
03-16-13, 04:49 PM
Just checked again and got the part now. Weird delay.

gloria001
03-25-13, 06:37 PM
Serious bug!! Please help!
Previously I was using android 2.x version to play RS Valentine version..and it was fine..
I then updated my phone to android 4.0.4 but horrible bugs coming....
The screen kept flashing when I play this game...I could still cook food, server food, tip, etc...but the screen just kept flashing!!!!!! How could I play in that way????
I have tried uninstall and reinstall but the bug continues.
When I encounter this bug, I tried shut it down and restart my devices, it becomes normal once I restart my phone, but then later, when I come back to the game, the bug appears again....
sometimes the bug doesn't appear..but most of the time it's here.....
Please don't tell me to kept restart my phone....if it's the case, I need to restart at least 10 times a day to play this game...and I would definitely quit this game in that sense.
Please kindly help!!! It annoys me a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I have some minor bugs as well, like the furniture doesn't show, it takes long time to load the furniture, etc...but I could accept those bugs, but for the one I am experiencing...really...annoying....you imagine, when you play a game, the screen kept flashing, how could you continue to play????)

kooky panda
03-25-13, 08:24 PM
Gloria- Try playing either the Regular or Carnival game and see if you have the same issue.

Also since you updated your device version, try uninstalling the Valentine game and reinstall it.
You will not lose your game progress.

What specific android device do you play on?

gloria001
03-25-13, 08:27 PM
Gloria- Try playing either the Regular or Carnival game and see if you have the same issue.

Also since you updated your device version, try uninstalling the Valentine game and reinstall it.
You will not lose your game progress.

What specific android device do you play on?
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried play bakery story but same things happen.
I have uninstalled this game twice already, and reinstalled, but same things still happen....(both uninstallation happens after my update)
I am using Sony Ericsson Arc S with android 4.0.4

Thanks a lot!!! Hope to hear your suggestions soon.

gloria001
03-25-13, 08:34 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried play bakery story but same things happen.
I have uninstalled this game twice already, and reinstalled, but same things still happen....(both uninstallation happens after my update)
I am using Sony Ericsson Arc S with android 4.0.4

Thanks a lot!!! Hope to hear your suggestions soon.
I just tried installing regular version....but still flashing...................
I would try to record a video for that....and paste it here....later today.....
please help........> <

gloria001
03-25-13, 08:39 PM
with this flashing bugs..i no long be able to see clearly the screen..and I wrongly click those pop up and mistakenly bought 2 those mysterious box...which costs me 48 germs...
so you could understand how frustrating I am...please take action to help solve it asap.!!!! thanks

gloria001
03-26-13, 06:54 AM
Hi TeamLava,
I have recorded a video about my flashing problem, please kindly see it and help! thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLu3jiJ4p1w&feature=youtu.be

kooky panda
03-26-13, 10:32 AM
Gloria- I felt like I was in a 80's disco!!

I will go ahead and report this over.

Thanks for video.

FrozenTurtle
03-26-13, 10:37 AM
Does this only occur on the Restaurant Story: Valentine's Day version? Have you attempted to delete and re-install the app on your device?

gloria001
03-26-13, 06:29 PM
Gloria- I felt like I was in a 80's disco!!

I will go ahead and report this over.

Thanks for video.
Thanks! Hope to hear your solution soon!

gloria001
03-26-13, 06:31 PM
Does this only occur on the Restaurant Story: Valentine's Day version? Have you attempted to delete and re-install the app on your device?

I have deleted and re-install this app twice and cleared all cache but flashing still occurs.
I have tried install Restaurant story regular version, but same things happen.
I have tried install other story app, like bakery story, but same things happen.

FrozenTurtle
03-27-13, 10:55 AM
I have deleted and re-install this app twice and cleared all cache but flashing still occurs.
I have tried install Restaurant story regular version, but same things happen.
I have tried install other story app, like bakery story, but same things happen.

Does this occur in any of your non-TeamLava apps as well? Could this be an issue with your device?

gloria001
03-27-13, 06:33 PM
Does this occur in any of your non-TeamLava apps as well? Could this be an issue with your device?

I actually only play two games - RS Valentine version and Bubble Mania, both are TeamLava apps...
But I don't experience the same issue on Bubble Mania....
If you are not only referring to games, but apps in general, then I could say I don't experience the same issue on my other apps, say AAStock, Dropbox, Facebook, etc..
anyway I could try download an non-TeamLava game to try, and reply here later today.
Thanks.

gloria001
03-29-13, 05:54 AM
I have tried downloaded another non teamlava game but no this bug appear.

FrozenTurtle
04-04-13, 02:36 PM
Hmm...thanks for checking! We'll investigate what could be causing the issue.

FrozenTurtle
04-30-13, 03:50 PM
We've recently updated the base versions of these apps. Can you attempt to update and see if you still experience this issue?