PDA

View Full Version : Mastering catalogs

Jessjan34
01-19-13, 05:09 AM
My goal (and as impossible as it my be to some ) is to master all the catalogs. I'm about half way there. I've knocked out a lot of the 22 and 16 ones. Just out of curiosity, how far is everyone else? Does anyone have almost all the catalogs mastered?

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
01-19-13, 05:20 AM
I've been playing off and on for 2 yrs and haven't mastered enough. I wasted a lot of time switching back and forth between catalogs, instead of mastering one at a time.... Then go figure, all the newest catalogs I had chosen just so happened to be the catalogs that were recently removed. So I never got a chance to finish them. (I had quit playing and picked up mid year so I just assumed that they were new, not temporary. I wish I had known.) But now my goal is to finish the new ones as they are released and in the downtime work on the others. It seemed impossible to master the catalogs since extras are always being released! But I WILL.

celeblooks
01-19-13, 08:46 PM
It took me months to come here and see how to earn gems, alot of players don't even know about it. Yes, it's really long. I've been playing a yr in march.

h0ly_m0ly
01-21-13, 09:40 AM
I did the same thing...didn't realize they'd pull certain outfits/decorations. Ho-hum. Lesson learned.

amw00
01-21-13, 11:02 AM
Just wondering how you master your catalogs? Do you master one item at a time or do you do the whole catalog at the same time. I like to try to keep my shop full, but it takes a lot of time to master a catalog and keep my shop full. I've only mastered the 3 short ones (1min, 2 min, and 15min). I'm just wondering what works best.

coolgamegirl27
01-21-13, 11:12 AM
I have just finished mastering all catalogs (except newest) I have been playing for around 18 months. I prefer to master all parts of a catalog at the same time.

jl0408
01-21-13, 11:41 AM
I don't remember exactly when I started playing, somewhere around March or April 2012. I used to order 2 or 3 catalogs with the same order time. I know not to do that anymore. I have 24 slots so now I just order 6 of the each item in one catalog. I only mastered the pilgrim, nurse and gingerbread before they were removed. I just finished the reindeer pjs yesterday. I'm trying to finish the few catalogs that remain in the Christmas version, but not in the regular version. This will take a while with 8, 9, 12 and 22 hour order times, but I'm at least half way there on each of them. Then I will do the "Date Night" red dress outfit released last week.

jl0408
01-21-13, 12:06 PM
I don't remember exactly when I started playing, somewhere around March or April 2012. I used to order 2 or 3 catalogs with the same order time. I know not to do that anymore. I have 24 slots so now I just order 6 of the each item in one catalog. I only mastered the pilgrim, nurse and gingerbread before they were removed. I just finished the reindeer pjs yesterday. I'm trying to finish the few catalogs that remain in the Christmas version, but not in the regular version. This will take a while with 8, 9, 12 and 22 hour order times, but I'm at least half way there on each of them. Then I will do the "Date Night" red dress outfit released last week.

I forgot about Gold Sparkle. I didn't finish it yet either. 2 hour order time. I should be able to knock that one out this week or this weekend.

greatday2bealive
01-22-13, 09:57 AM
at least you cam finish mastering those items : ( So many gems down the drain

linp825
01-22-13, 10:51 AM
Ive been playing for a while and im just starting to get into the whole mastering thing. Before i just ordered kind of willy nilly what i really liked, but these days im trying to "even everything out" and master catalogues. Decided to do by season. This way i don't have summer stuff in my shop during winter etc. (thats just me tho as im in the north east us and i do my shop very seasonal). Anyway, I will do the more permanent catalogues first THEN worry about holiday stuff, as they take those away so quickly.... Happy shopping!

Gypsy_Cat
01-22-13, 12:36 PM
I like to master one item at a time. That also helps me keep plenty of stock. I choose my orders based on time; if I'm at home, I go for the shortest timed items. At night, I'll order 12 or 16 hour items.

Jessjan34
01-23-13, 01:23 AM
I have just finished mastering all catalogs (except newest) I have been playing for around 18 months. I prefer to master all parts of a catalog at the same time.

You mastered all except newest?! Wow! How many slots do you have? What do you consider newest?
I have 36 slots and I find it easier to order outfits all at once. Once last year I closed my shop for a month so I could keep some clothes on the racks but also master the winter catalogs. Ever since, I've had an abundance of clothes: )
I just finished the rest of Christmas catalogs today, yay!

creativebliss
01-25-13, 09:06 AM
I've been playing for almost 2 years. I've learned to master the temporary catalogs as fast as possible. You can also master them faster if you cancel an order and replace it with something in the same catalogue. You get 1 hanger when you order. This takes time and money, but I just get on my treadmill and order/replace/order.... I also block parts of my boutique and work on mastering the parts that aren't blocked. Have fun all.

fruitpop24
03-07-13, 01:19 PM
Hi! Newbie here. Just started playing 8 days ago. I wanted to ask what the advantage was in mastering. I know you get 2 gems when you get to level 4 but besides that is the order time quicker or something? Sorry, I've been looking around the forum for awhile now and am still kinda clueless.

sweet_nai
03-07-13, 02:11 PM
Hi! sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm new. What are the temporal catalogue? I guess the Clownin' Around but there are anyone else? I only have the normal and carnival version and I want to know to masterize before they dissappear. Thanks!

maguar
03-07-13, 03:47 PM
Hi! Newbie here. Just started playing 8 days ago. I wanted to ask what the advantage was in mastering. I know you get 2 gems when you get to level 4 but besides that is the order time quicker or something? Sorry, I've been looking around the forum for awhile now and am still kinda clueless.

You get 1 gem at level 2 and one at level 4. This is for each item in the catalogue so mastering a catalogue can give you 8 gems. There's no other benefit to it.

Hi! sorry if it is a stupid question but I'm new. What are the temporal catalogue? I guess the Clownin' Around but there are anyone else? I only have the normal and carnival version and I want to know to masterize before they dissappear. Thanks!

Temporary catalogues/decorations are ones that won't stay forever. Usually it's the holiday type ones that are temporary. They can be removed awhile after being released of at the start of a new year. Unfortunately there is no indication in the game as to which things are temporary.

sweet_nai
03-07-13, 03:54 PM
Thanks maguar!! :)

fruitpop24
03-07-13, 05:39 PM
Thanks from me too!!

Sunnydays612
03-13-13, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know if there is a list of all the catalogues so you can tick them off one by one? I would find that really useful.

Many thanks

meme1098
03-13-13, 05:14 PM
I wish the catalog would automatically move to the end when it's mastered. That would make scrolling thru so much easier.

jojopeanut
03-13-13, 05:43 PM
Does anyone know if there is a list of all the catalogues so you can tick them off one by one? I would find that really useful.

Many thanks

Not sure but when I started a year ago..you can laugh at me if you want I started a hand writen book with catalogs how long they took. The number of items each one gave. I mainly did it at the time to keep up my inventory say to myself okay i Have X amount of catalog slots this item gives me this much quanity how many I have when I do X amount of orders of this item. I haven't updated it in a long time as I got my shop more productive/stocked I stoped. This list would be useless now as ALOT of the catalogs are discontinued now. Funny though you brought this up I was just thinking of my book the other day. Maybe some day I do it agian. maybe..lol

maguar
03-14-13, 04:00 AM

Many thanks

This thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17677-Fashion-Story-Gamer-Guide) contains a link to a great spreadsheet sehana created with the different catalogues.