PDA

View Full Version : Question for all the veteran players who have this game down to a science

56cupcakes
01-16-13, 12:17 AM
I have been playing for a while now but since the cost of everything has gone up; is there a benefit profit wise to adding multiple doors to my bakery. I would love any feedback on this since I despise wasting gems (fallen into a few too many gem traps) so I thought I would ask.

Thanks!!

Wendy

123cheri
01-16-13, 02:06 AM
Hi Wendy,

I'm wouldn't consider myself a veteran player, but I do know the purpose of adding multiple doors. I just added a second goal to my bakery yesterday (as demonstrated in the image). The purpose of having multiple doors is to decrease the number of tiles a customer has to cross to reach their table. The quicker they get to their table, the faster they leave the bakery allowing another customer to take their place.

If you're going to get a second door, make it worth your while. Do not just put a second door to have a second door. You should also invest in a second register. This way you can have different seating sections in your bakery that is only accessible via a certain door and register (again, see below). One of my neighbors has a second door, but it's waaaaaay away from their register making it seemingly pointless.

Finally, you might have to play around with the optimum number of tables in each section. I've heard it's best to have a combination of 30, although right now I have 24 and it's working for me.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1217/bakerystory201301161244.png

I hope that helps.

Stueeeee
01-16-13, 04:17 AM
Yeah that's right. If u get a second door, the best thing to do is make a be section. Block the bakery down the middle or where we with counters or tables.

saucysammis
01-16-13, 10:00 AM
For optimum sales you can set up 30 tables close and accessible to one door. You don't need more than one. That's why new bakeries with one door are able to survive. They make coins because the bots don't walk far.

I got my second door solely for the purpose of being able to move the door to a new location. I got my third door because my bakery is large and I wanted the bots to make use of more areas. I have 9 tables in each door section. Sometimes I open up the blockages so the whole bakery is used, but it is still divided in 3 by decor because bots will pass tables and walk to to the farthest place to sit. I had bots from each door walking all the way to the area of another door to eat, but they have to go out the same door they came in. There are other threads that explain in more detail.

anketam
01-16-13, 10:50 AM
Multiple doors is the easiest way to achieve max online profit. But remeber this only matters if you leave your game on, your layout has no impact (some exceptions do apply) on how many plates you sell while you are not playing. There already are multiple threads on maximizing profitibility.

Gypsy_Cat
01-16-13, 11:28 AM
I used to have 5 separate, blocked off areas but the problem I had was that there is no way to control how many bots come through each door at a time so I would occasionally see broken hearts/sad faces. I don't care too much about that in regards to my happiness rating because it goes right back up, but that did mean I was losing some sales. Right now, I'm finding that using the T layout with a couple of added tables works best for me.

AnnasCoffee
01-16-13, 11:38 AM
Wendy,

I've given the multiple door idea a lot of thought too. It's much more involved than just buying a door or two to increase sales. Increasing to a 3 or 4 or even a 10 door design does NOT increase PROFIT.

For these reasons...

1. I agree with anketam, the only time having multiple doors is a benefit is WHEN THE GAME IS LEFT OPEN. I'm not willing to leave my iPad running and risk damaging it.

2. a one door design will sell 43,000 plates a day (with the game closed). With the game open you can sell 70,000. But here's why it doesn't increase profit.... If you only have 18 appliances you can only cook 27,000 plates of 10 coin food a day. So even if you sell more plates a day... It has to be 4 coin food. The additional profit from the 4 coin food (that you have time to cook) doesn't come out to much.... I think it's an extra 20,000 coins a day.

3. In order to make the extra doors pay off you need to have 28 appliances cooking 10 coin food.

BOTTOM LINE ... In order to see increased profit, you need to buy multiple doors AND mulitiple ovens AND leave your game open. Unless your willing to do ALL THREE of those things... Buying a door is a waste of gems.

Ovens cost almost $10 a piece (REAL money)... In my opinion that's too much money to spend to make more fake coins in a silly game.

jl0408
01-16-13, 02:24 PM
If you're going to get a second door, make it worth your while. Do not just put a second door to have a second door. You should also invest in a second register. This way you can have different seating sections in your bakery that is only accessible via a certain door and register (again, see below). One of my neighbors has a second door, but it's waaaaaay away from their register making it seemingly pointless.

I get the 2nd door for to lessen foot traffic and get customers to tables faster. But I don't get the 2nd register. How does a 2nd register work? In BS I have 2 doors and 1 register. In RS I have 2 of each. There is no greeter at the 2nd register. How does it work and collect money like the 1st register if there's no one manning it?

talensnana
01-16-13, 05:04 PM
I get the 2nd door for to lessen foot traffic and get customers to tables faster. But I don't get the 2nd register. How does a 2nd register work? In BS I have 2 doors and 1 register. In RS I have 2 of each. There is no greeter at the 2nd register. How does it work and collect money like the 1st register if there's no one manning it?

It doesn't matter if anyone is at it, it still works just like your original register. The trick is having separate sections. it won't make a difference if you don't do that.

nky1111
01-17-13, 12:56 PM
I wander can't it be played like fashion story? if it has long selling time.
.i.e. each recipe fixed to its counter, and bake the stuff that drops below 10k or so.
im just getting lost in these recipes and dont have much space in the bakery yet

itsaura
01-17-13, 04:47 PM
Wendy,

I've given the multiple door idea a lot of thought too. It's much more involved than just buying a door or two to increase sales. Increasing to a 3 or 4 or even a 10 door design does NOT increase PROFIT.

For these reasons...

1. I agree with anketam, the only time having multiple doors is a benefit is WHEN THE GAME IS LEFT OPEN. I'm not willing to leave my iPad running and risk damaging it.

2. a one door design will sell 43,000 plates a day (with the game closed). With the game open you can sell 70,000. But here's why it doesn't increase profit.... If you only have 18 appliances you can only cook 27,000 plates of 10 coin food a day. So even if you sell more plates a day... It has to be 4 coin food. The additional profit from the 4 coin food (that you have time to cook) doesn't come out to much.... I think it's an extra 20,000 coins a day.

3. In order to make the extra doors pay off you need to have 28 appliances cooking 10 coin food.

BOTTOM LINE ... In order to see increased profit, you need to buy multiple doors AND mulitiple ovens AND leave your game open. Unless your willing to do ALL THREE of those things... Buying a door is a waste of gems.

Ovens cost almost $10 a piece (REAL money)... In my opinion that's too much money to spend to make more fake coins in a silly game.

4 coin food?!?! What is that?

dirtybeautiful
01-17-13, 06:56 PM
food that only pays 4 coins a plate once the bots eat it. You will see the +4 chime up after they finish their plate...