PDA

View Full Version : How do you calculate cash flow?

sunk818
01-15-13, 10:21 PM
In the shanas chart egg tart has Better cash flow than red velvet cake.

Still, people say red velvet cake has better cash flow.

How do you determine which items provide the best cash flow?

Lets assume that all your appliances are the same and counters all have the exact same food.

I read 43,000 servings is the max in 24 hours (assuming app is closed). So around 1791 per hour.

In the end, does cash flow have to do with how many appliances we have?

nky1111
01-16-13, 02:02 AM
the spreadsheet seems to be for 18 ovens or something like that..

otherwise if u don't overstock it's how many counters do u have otherwise it's 43 k

Stueeeee
01-16-13, 04:20 AM
They say that because red velvet cake is +12 coins per plate. It is the highest valued item in the game. It may not be the most profit for the portion to cost ratio though. When u bake a recipe it does not tell u how many coins per plate it is, just how many coins u get for the lot your baking, but most are +4 per plate.

nky1111
01-16-13, 04:36 AM
it's +12 so it sells for more coins per hour. and surely for more than it costs to bake per hour.

Stueeeee
01-16-13, 04:39 AM
it's +12 so it sells for more coins per hour. and surely for more than it costs to bake per hour.

Well per plate it sells the highest, if u watch when the bots finish eating it comes up +12 when they leave. There's no other dish that does that. In the grand scheme of things, it does appear to be the best thing to cook to bring in the most coins. A million in less than 5 days in my experience. But it goes quick so u have to keep up by baking other dishes, or having more ovens!

nky1111
01-16-13, 04:48 AM
it depends on number of ovens what is best

to get max coins u first need to bake exactly 43k per day. if rvc doesn'g do it u replace some of it with next stuff, then with next, etc.

AnnasCoffee
01-16-13, 09:26 AM
If your attempting to calculate cash flow your going to drive your self "nuts". There are too many variables (# of appliances, counters and the sell rate of food).

The cash flow for a recipe is DIFFERENT in different bakery set-ups. Egg tarts in bakery with 5 ovens that sells 30,000 plates of food/24 hr would have a positive cash flow. Egg tarts in a bakery with 20 ovens that sells 43,000 plates/24 hr has a negative cash flow.

You can't calculate cash flow without knowing several variables. And it's too big of a "pain" to calculate to be worth it.

Let's just keep it simple ... To me, "Cash Flow" is all about cooking no more than what you can sell in a day. In real life you wouldn't buy ingredients and cook 1,000,000 brownies for 43,000 people, because you would lose money. We need to do the same in bakery, don't cook more than you can sell.... that is how to get positive cash flow.

You can stop reading HERE. Or if you want more info, you can read more. I've already said all of this in other threads...

If you want more coins....
Step one is improve your table set up to SELL MORE FOOD. There are lots of threads about this.

Step two is food.... if you have too much food the BEST thing to cook is Red Velvet Cake (on ALL your appliances).

Other choices revolve around trying to earn gems AND coins. You can try these .... If you don't have the 10 or 8 coin recipes mastered you can cook those instead (slight decrease in profit) but you'll get the gems. If you bored with the game because your sick of cooking only 10-coin food, then cook the new recipes on a few appliances (like 20-25%).

One day (in a month or two) you will start to run low on food then the way to make the most COINS is to cook a combination of Earl Grey Tea on 75-80% of your appliances and 4-coin food on the rest of your appliances. There are other combinations that work, but those wont give as many coins. If you want to earm SOME coins and SOME gems... you can chose to cook ANY combination of foods that average of no more than 43,000 plates a day for the remaniner of the time you play the game.

Stueeeee
01-16-13, 09:54 AM
So if I have lots of stockpiled food, and cook rvc for next few weeks, will that get rid of the other food, or just sell out of the rvc quick?

nky1111
01-16-13, 10:21 AM
it gets rid of both. what happens then that u have not 43k/day but something like 43*7k/week
u get the same income in the end, just it comes a week later

anketam
01-16-13, 10:44 AM
AnnasCoffee you nailed it on every point

dirtybeautiful
01-16-13, 06:08 PM
Okay -so I tried something to increase my coins...

I started red velvet cake on all my appliances (which is only 12 ovens)... placed them all individually on counters today.. In 7 hours, I made 121, 000 coins. I tried another suggestion from a different post, to leave my device on, disabling the auto-lock on my iphone. My bakery was running all down, and I watched my coins grow and grow and grow...

So cooking the red velvet cakes does increase your profits, as well as leaving the device on. My phone was not HOT from being on 7 straight hours, it was barely warm to the touch..

Thanks for the ideas, and Im glad I gave it a go to see if it would work for me!

Now, Im going to keep baking and baking red velvet cake for another few days straight, in hopes to get ton and tons of coins for valentines day... hope most items will be worth coins instead of gems... Ive already mastered this recipe.. LOL

dirtybeautiful
01-16-13, 06:10 PM
forgot to mention, in 7hrs, the 12 counters of RVC was being sold along with other food on my counters... I have a mixture of 4, 8, 10 coin items PLUS all the red velvets... if you want to see my bakery, just add DIRTYBEAUTIFUL... most of my "old" food has also sold out quickly -so that theory I feel is correct as well... if you bake and bake the RVC your old food will also be depleted!!!!

My goal????? every counter has RVC on it!!!!!

rosewaterlily
01-16-13, 06:27 PM
I tend to pile all my RVC on one or two counters so they don't sell too quickly, while distributing the 4 coin foods I cook for mastery on as many counters as possible so I can get rid of them quickly and move on to the next recipe to master. I leave about 3-9 appliances out of 18 slots for mastery, depending on the serving count of the recipe I'm working on (fewer appliances for stuff that serves many dishes in a short amount of time since I want counters to clear fast) and on the rest I cook RVC, latte, love potion, earl gray tea, hot apple cider, banana bread, cinnamon bread, or sugar cookies for coins (grr at them taking away Valentine cookies as an option). Latte is good if you want counters to clear while you cook because its serving count is so low relative to the cooking time and the recipe still yields 10 coins per plate. When my counters are not clearing quickly enough, I stop mastering for a while and just cook RVC and latte.

altarisse
01-16-13, 09:48 PM
So is there really a big difference when you spread out your food into different counters as opposed to just piling them up into one counter? I might need to take out my counters again!

sapphirecross
01-18-13, 04:53 PM
The food sells from all the counters about evenly. So if you have 2 counters RVC and 2 of something else, the RVC sells 50% of your sales. One counter RVC and three of something else, then it sells 25% of your sales so you get rid of the other food faster.