PDA

View Full Version : Gems??

Unregistered
12-13-10, 10:39 AM
As someone who refuses to purchase gems with real money (it's a fictional restaurant), shouldn't there be a gem purchasing option with the restaurant coins? It takes FOREVER to expand with coins. Also, does new food options appear after the higher levels? I'm on level 34 and have unlocked everything, and the game will get extremely boring without some changes in food options or expanding options.

Please consider! Thanks!

Unregistered
12-13-10, 11:08 AM
As someone who refuses to purchase gems with real money (it's a fictional restaurant), shouldn't there be a gem purchasing option with the restaurant coins? It takes FOREVER to expand with coins. Also, does new food options appear after the higher levels? I'm on level 34 and have unlocked everything, and the game will get extremely boring without some changes in food options or expanding options.

Please consider! Thanks!

... So what about people who DO purchase gems? Why do you get to jump queues just because you're cheap?

It doesn't matter that it's a fictional restaurant. It's still a GAME that PEOPLE HAVE DEVELOPED to pay their bills. You would pay for something you enjoy, right? Personally I think buying at least the minimum amount of gems would be a good "payment" for the people behind the game. But that's just me.

Unregistered
12-13-10, 11:13 AM
It may be a fictional game but how do you think it exists....by magic? TL needs to make a profit in order to stay in business. They have to pay for servers and draw a salary and pay other employees. I have stopped buying gems because of the way TL treats us, but I have bought plenty in the past. As for new foods, we have never had an update so who knows when new content will be introduced. Bakery Story could have been a great update for RS but they chose to make a new game to make more money. It really does not take that long to make coins to expand, if you are running your restaurant correctly with plenty of food. I have over 5 mil in coins and can expand whenever I like. I am waiting for the holidays to be over and then I will redecorate.

Unregistered
12-13-10, 11:35 AM
I'm not cheap, I just think that $4.99 is outrageous to pay for 24 gems... you can't even do anything significant with 24 gems! It would be one thing if it was $0.99 for 24 or something, then I may consider it. Those people that have spent over 100's of dollars on this fake restaurant is ridiculous. I am more than willing to pay for something that I enjoy, but only if it's reasonably priced.

I was just suggesting alternative options to spending real money. I participate in every other aspect of the game (tipping/gifting/friending) but, spending that kind of money for "gems" on "a restaurant story" is slightly irrational.