PDA

View Full Version : My personal goals in bakery story

tiffany102786
01-14-13, 06:19 AM
Just wondering if anyone else does this? After playing bakery story for some time now, I have decided to make my own goals. I started baking items by time to master each dish. So far I have mastered everything up to 4 hours And I am working on finishing the 4 hour goals on the easy oven. It gives me some sense of direction while playing and makes me feel a little more accomplished. Anyone else have their own mini goals in the game??? My storm8 Id is Tiffany92609

sollia
01-14-13, 10:31 AM
I don't have any goals officially in my head but I just love unlocking new recipes. Variety.

I also was up to level 32 on another device and had a really nice set up. I'm hoping to get to that level soon and have a set up I like even more :)

nky1111
01-14-13, 03:38 PM
2 get all the nifty stuff and at level 99 turn the shop into museum so ppl will see what they've lost

AnnasCoffee
01-14-13, 04:25 PM
I used to have the same goal as the OP, to master all dishes to level 4. I think a day is coming when NO ONE will be able to achieve this goal. There is NO WAY to sell your food that fast. Anyone attempting to master ALL dishes will run out of coins.

If you run out of coins you can't cook. If you can't cook, you can't master the next dish. The only option will be to buy coins with gems... BUT that would be POINTLESS. If your mastering a dish to get the gems but your using gems to cook more dishes... your just digging a deeper hole.

I think everyone is going to have to pick and chose which dishes they want to master. I just don't think trying to master them all is economically possible in this game.

The food sells too slow.
We can't earn enough coins.
We can't cook.

nky1111
01-14-13, 04:39 PM
they give us so many new recipes every week that it's impossible to run out ofthem? but why people are complaining then about lost recipes??)))) I really wonder why, i'm only level 45 and havent uncovered all ofthem yet so i really don't care that some were lost....

dirtybeautiful
01-14-13, 11:25 PM
Im on level 64, I have already unlocked the level recipes, and there have been several times where trying to master has sucked my coins... to the point to where I just want to maximize profits now by cooking pumpkin pies and red velvet cakes in an effort to increase my coins again...

I want the gems, but I dont want to get down to 300 thousand again from baking... and having counters with 70 thousand plates...

chewytwix
01-15-13, 06:47 AM
I master for gems and make 200k a day....not as much as you anna, but its possible. I also have less than 8 counters of food and i dont throw food away anymore because my bakery will sell out...i leave the game on for a few hrs a day and slowly i got to this level. However, i dont decorate as much as id like because ill have no coins for my expansion. Its driving me crazy. bakery isnt as fun so Im starting to branch to other completely diffefen games

sollia
01-15-13, 08:05 AM
Forgive me for my silly question, but how are people running out of coins when baking? Every food item you bake makes a a profit even if it is rather small so I don't understand?

nky1111
01-15-13, 08:12 AM
they bake much more that can be eaten and all their coins get ivested into the food on the counters. it takes time for it to sell and to return the coins.
just choose longer recipes or special ovens and the problem goes away.

also theres a way to quickly get the gem by repeatedly loading the oven and dumping it. you lose coins then really fast.

sollia
01-15-13, 08:26 AM
How does getting gems like that work? You mean like when you gain mastery?

nky1111
01-15-13, 08:33 AM
yea mastery. alot of people did that recently on the recipes to be removed.
if u have just a little to go for a gem or just terribly need 1-2 gems for a limited time offer

sollia
01-15-13, 08:37 AM
Ah okay. I thought you had to serve the dish for mastery to go up. Guess not, huh? :P

nky1111
01-15-13, 08:51 AM
1 point for just starting. +2points for serving

sollia
01-15-13, 09:07 AM
OOOH okay that's really good to know!

Sorry I'm such a newb :P

AnnasCoffee
01-15-13, 09:43 AM
also theres a way to quickly get the gem by repeatedly loading the oven and dumping it. you lose coins then really fast.

This doesn't work in Bakery. It used to, they fixed it.

srg70
01-15-13, 12:53 PM
Im level 84 and working on mastering recipes. I've another 14 recipes to go and I'm done. I've had no problem with coins, and I do throw food away. I don't like to have lots of counters of 4 coin foods. I keep about 4 counters with 4coin foods and another 6-8 counters with 8-12coin foods. I think that's why I have no problem with coins.

Gypsy_Cat
01-15-13, 01:44 PM
tiffany: I have pretty much the same approach to my game. However, like many of the other posters, I tend to build up way too much stock. Then I just put my appliances away for a few days/weeks. Also, I agree with the people who say that baking lowers your coins - the recipes cost so much and it takes so long to sell out food.

nky1111
01-15-13, 02:20 PM
seems nice 2me that after level 99 u don't have to visit your bakery more than once a week. u only need to look for new stuff then and that arrives just once a week. nice anti internet addiction feature like in pet shop, if u want to keep 5star shop at high lvl u only can do a few carefully selected things once in several days. i wish RS was like that..

blurbie
01-17-13, 02:36 PM
Wow, good to know! I thought I have to be on here all the time or else quit. So good to know it won't always be so demanding. My counters always run out unless I do trifles and macaroons constantly.

Stueeeee
01-17-13, 04:04 PM
seems nice 2me that after level 99 u don't have to visit your bakery more than once a week. u only need to look for new stuff then and that arrives just once a week. nice anti internet addiction feature like in pet shop, if u want to keep 5star shop at high lvl u only can do a few carefully selected things once in several days. i wish RS was like that..

Funny I wish the opposite. I wish it was more like RS, where u can bake for a while and still earn decent coins, or put some long stuff on and shift the stockpiled food. I like baking, but it all costs so much.

anketam
01-18-13, 07:08 AM
My only goal for the longest while was fully analyzing the mechanics of the game. Done that and could not think of anything else I wanted to do for a while. I now have a new goal: Get enough coins each season to fully furnish my bakery in the expensive seasonal decorations. Once I have all four seasons spend the gold and gems I have built up to mega expanded and divide my store into 4 sections each with a season. I currently have winter - blue done. I wish I had his idea back in fall, I could have had fall - orange done.

chewytwix
01-18-13, 09:46 AM
My goal is to buy the next two expansion and pull out every decor I have. Then, I want to lay it out in such a way so it doesn't look messy and crowded like it does now.

sapphirecross
01-18-13, 04:34 PM
I like to plan out what recipes I'll make next so I master gems but have the least food on counters, so I switch between high qty and low qty food to master. I also have been building 4 of each appliance or more.

ohyeahitisjenny
07-12-13, 01:29 AM
The way I don't run out of coins when baking yet still master recipes is to select a dish I want to master, cook as much of it as I can in one day. After that one day, I start cooking Red Velvet Cake so I can earn a lot of coins the next day. Then afetr the Red Velvet Cake finishes cooking (which takes a whole day) I start mastering a dish. The process repeats. I gain coins while mastering dishes. I hope I have helped someone :3

My personal goal is to reach the largest expansion possible and then redecorate my bakery into lots of rooms, all with different themes. :D

nicxole
07-12-13, 07:53 PM
My goal is to master everything and complete all the goals they keep adding. I get lots of food piling up, but when that happens, I'll stop baking for a week so everything gets cleared off. I'm already at 99 so I'm just going to keep getting coins and expanding and decorating! I've been playing for 2.5 years and still havent gotten bored! :o

jdelvalle1
07-13-13, 07:04 AM
The way I don't run out of coins when baking yet still master recipes is to select a dish I want to master, cook as much of it as I can in one day. After that one day, I start cooking Red Velvet Cake so I can earn a lot of coins the next day. Then afetr the Red Velvet Cake finishes cooking (which takes a whole day) I start mastering a dish. The process repeats. I gain coins while mastering dishes. I hope I have helped someone :3

My personal goal is to reach the largest expansion possible and then redecorate my bakery into lots of rooms, all with different themes. :D

This is what I'm going to start doing once I clear off all my food, i wish i had done this, switch to day recipes every other day early on instead of mastering by time. Now my goal is to expand while mastering to just before LV2 & LV4 on recipes that way I never have gems until I need them (for LTOs or other stuff) & I never lose them to gem traps. It's starting to get kinda hard cause I've been mastering all my day recipes to just before LV2 & I don't want to spend gems right now.

rosewaterlily
07-13-13, 12:22 PM
I have a specific strategy of only baking as much as to put ~4000 servings on every counter and having fewer than 40 counters on a per day basis so I turn over my counters every two days while mastering for gems. I make RVC/latte/sugar cookies/earl grey tea on 5-6 machines normally and master with the rest although two days ago I was down to one counter of food and decided to use all 18 machines to master for two days and now I have 37 counters out (18 will clear before the end of the day). Also I'm only focusing on the oven recipes right now (drink mixer next) in case TL takes them away randomly again, starting with the longest recipes since they would be more difficult to master if given short notice that they're being taken away. Gem earning is hard right now because I have every recipe on every appliance mastered to level 2 already, and I've been mastering the 18-22 hour oven recipes to level 4 the last few weeks while also working on the goals, but whenever there are new appliances released I master those to level 2 quickly and get gems that way.

TinksThots
07-13-13, 11:12 PM
I'm mastering all the tall appliances to get them out of the way because they block the view of all my stuf,f lol. I master recipes based on what time I'll be able to check my game again, and knowing that they spoil in double the time they take to cook really helps, because I can still sleep during the short-ish ones, and don't have to start another counter if I won't be able to get them right when they're ready. I master a recipe completely before moving on to another one to minimize pulling more counters out. I currently have 10 super-stocked, and I'm doing that ugly espresso thing, and I've pulled the italian oven and the cocoa maker back out now that I finished the goals.

I did every recipe shorter than 2 hours a LONG time ago for the gems, now I just want the tall appliances out of the way. :P

romanian6
07-14-13, 03:17 PM
My personal goal is to have a "bakery-like" bakery. I'm talking recipes you'd ACTUALLY see in a bakery like cupcakes, cake, and cookies. Not donuts, ice cream and tapioca pudding. I will use normal, non-crazy tables and chairs. I also use normal decorations such as the green vase and flowers, bread display, cake display, shelves, bread shelves and such.

romanian6
07-14-13, 04:16 PM
I also would LOVE to get to level 99 or even 100. I'm halfway there! Level 58 on one account and level 55 on one :):):)

puppynox
07-15-13, 04:52 PM
Like Romanian, I try to keep my bakery looking realistic, so that's one ongoing goal. I do complete goals to get the new ovens and recipes unlocked, but I don't enjoy doing them.

I'm currently trying to master all special machines to level 4. I usually have out one kind at a time with 8-10 of them. It most often takes a few weeks to master a new machine before going to the next one. I'm doing them in order, but when a new machine comes out, I master it right away.

In between, I'm trying to master all recipes on the regular ovel to level 2. Then I'll move on to the other regular machines and do the same.

cherryberry9
07-15-13, 07:41 PM
I currently have a goal to master all 1 day recipes. Gonna take a while but it'll keep me occupied.

nia0079
07-16-13, 07:25 AM
I have personal goals for bakery story too. Good to know I wasn't the only one. So now that I've been on level 99 for a while, I started trying to master all the recipes.

I'm trying to master recipes eight hours or more through a series of routines like baking before I get busy during the day so that the recipe is done by the end of the day. It feels like the finish line is almost there until TL releases a new oven (not a complaint). I've done all my other goals in decorating, but I really want to do an expansion but omg, it cost 12,000,000! It will be a while before i have that saved up. I think what helped me the most with mastering recipes is the easy oven.
I don't bake and dump the recipes because I want all the xp but I don't know how much that matters at level 99. If you're below 99, I would just wait for the recipe to finish baking.

AdorkableGeek
07-17-13, 01:56 AM
My personal goal is what others have also set for themselves: to build a realistic bakery.

cutiekalanit
07-17-13, 02:23 AM
💝That is a wonderful idea! Mastering every dish earns you more coins and gems! Also did you know that red velvet cakes are very good to make! You gain levels 100 times faster! My goal is to reach out to others in bakery story who need help and become the best baker ever! As for you continue your goal! Hope you find what you're looking for💝

ImBabieBunnie
07-24-13, 11:08 AM
I am working to master all my appliances. I just made level 73 so I unlocked my final appliance. I work with 3 different appliances 6 of each. I have the basic oven and drink maker and am mastering the tea kettle. I always have my oven and drink mixer out and then master a specialty appliance. So far I have mastered the appliances used for goals. Working on the tea theme now and will move on to the pirate ovens.

I deocorate my bakery often. I usually deocrate my bakery for whatever theme is going on. Right now I have all pirate themed items. I dont however like the pirate stuff but I will redecorate once something new comes out. I have all the recipes 3 hours and under mastered and am working on 4 hour recipes on the oven and 6 hour recipes on the drink maker. I like mastering my recipes in order that way I dont have to think. Also on the weekends I only cook red velvet cakes and love potions or earl grey teas. This helps me get rid of food I made during the week so I dont have an overstock. I also dont cook at night. My recipe has to be finished by 11pm or I am done cooking for the day.

My goal is to get to level 99, max out my expansion, and have about 10 doors for the super efficient bakery. With my other space I would like to highlight all the goal items I have collected along the way.

108thndrdome
06-11-14, 07:19 AM
My goal was to master every recipe on all available appliances, and I did it!! I don't know whether to be proud or embarrased lol.
I used the gems from mastery to unlock more ovens only. ...and no I didn't spend money on gems...
It is a ridiculous amount of food so thank goodness it doesn't spoil on counters!
Now I just send gifts, respond to requests, tip when I can and most importantly wait for the next goal for new appliences. :)
And just to put it out there, I don't care about the 99 level cap. Pick your battles bakers.

rosewaterlily
06-11-14, 11:56 AM
I mastered all my appliances just last week too, with only one of some of the old special limited appliances and only two of most of the non-goal appliances (and the regular 18 cooking slots), so it took almost two years. Now I'm just striving to save enough coins to do all the expansions. I have 21 million towards my 30 million expansion right now. Just puzzling over what to cook during non-goal times besides red velvet cake and the 8-10 coin recipes so that I have enough food for each day while not being totally bored by seeing the same things on my counter all the time.