PDA

View Full Version : Cooking for gems?

cilevans1989
01-10-13, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,

I'm confused when people keep talking about cooking 4 coin per plate goodies to get gems. What does that mean? I know that if I get to certain levels of cooking an item, I can get a gem, but what does it mean to cook for gems? Thanks.

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 11:40 AM
Most people cook each dish 83 times to level 4 mastery, to earn 2 gems. That's what I call "cooking for gems".

I used to play that way, but since Sept. it has become VERY difficult to earn coins in this game. So, I changed the way I play. I no longer cook the new foods. I only cook Earl Grey Tea to earn coins.

People who cook for gems wonder why their coin balence isn't going up. In my opinion, you can't earn both coins and gems at the same time anymore. Well, you can but I estimate it will take over 6 years to fully expand with coins this way. I chose not to use gems to expand. It's everyone's choice how they want to play. Or NOT play, if I was new... I'd quit :). This game is impossible.

cilevans1989
01-10-13, 12:32 PM
Thanks! I don't know what I'm doing "wrong", but I made about $100,000 every day so I don't see how it's too hard to make coins. I wonder if my game didn't update?

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I don't know what I'm doing "wrong", but I made about $100,000 every day so I don't see how it's too hard to make coins. I wonder if my game didn't update?

Your not doing anything wrong:). It's the game. Expansions are so expensive. $100,000 a day is pretty good, but I need 60 M for my next expansion. At that rate it would take me 600 days to expand.

I make 250,000 coins a day. It's still going to take me 8 months to expand ... 8 months and my sanity :)

anketam
01-11-13, 04:18 AM
And that also assumes you dont spend any coin on seasonal decorations for your bakery.

saucysammis
01-11-13, 09:17 AM
My next expansion will cost 30mil. I play to expand. once I expand I redecorate for a couple of days, and purchase new decor because Im not too close to expanding again. BUT my oh my I really went to town buying the halloween and Christmas/winter decor and am now baking from tile to tile. Today I'm playing for a few gems because I want the snow themed tables. I'm alternating playing for coins too because I want the snow fence!

Maybe they'll come out with ugly decor soon so I can save up for expansion.

310pnut
01-11-13, 09:22 AM
Your not doing anything wrong:). It's the game. Expansions are so expensive. $100,000 a day is pretty good, but I need 60 M for my next expansion. At that rate it would take me 600 days to expand.

I make 250,000 coins a day. It's still going to take me 8 months to expand ... 8 months and my sanity :)

What level r u on and how long have u been playing?

sapphirecross
01-11-13, 09:33 AM
Ah, expansion, how nice it would be to see you again! Stop by, have some coffee, give me some room to put displays...
Pipe dream. I play to redecorate and for gems. I've given up on expansions. My bakery is pathetic, smaller than the other story games I play, but on the bright side I will never buy gems again because there's nowhere to put much besides the zillions of counters, stoves, tables and chairs. How much wall stuff can ya decorate with anyway?
I skipped most of Halloween, cuz I only wanted the vamp baker. Wasn't going to do t-day either, but I liked the recipe. Pretty much anytime I get around 1 mill, there's a bunch of expensive quests and another holiday.
100k per day buys ... ONE pineapple table - good luck if you want 6 of those.
I started bakery a couple years ago when it was different, quit, and started playing again in the fall. It used to be the best of the story games IMO, but now I think it's one of the worst. It took forever to find really good nbrs and that's the only thing that stops me from having quit already cuz I know I'd never want to rebuild it all again.

sapphirecross
01-11-13, 09:40 AM
Maybe they'll come out with ugly decor soon so I can save up for expansion.

ROFL ain't it the truth! That just made my day. :)

AnnasCoffee
01-11-13, 02:44 PM
What level r u on and how long have u been playing?

I've been playing for a little over a year and a half (level-99). I have one expansion left. All the expansions that I have done so far cost HALF what they cost now. And, I used to make between $600,000 - $700,000 coins a day ... but no more:(