PDA

View Full Version : Royal Cow Royal Rip Off

AbbyBites
01-09-13, 11:09 PM
I spent the gems on the royal cow as it was the only animal advertised as, "High chance for rare drops." Nope. It drops only cow things, but nothing rare. The sheep drop more prime cuts than that cow and prime cuts are easy. Rare drops. One would expect lanterns, etc. I raised this issue before and was told the prime cuts are rare and help with feeding the Baron. He's easy to feed without that cow and gives common items. TL advertised rare drops. I've had that cow since the last update. TL, change that cow's description or actually allow it to rare drop.

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 12:09 AM
Rare drop means rarely drop anything worthy ;) its better to use your gems to buy lanterns instead

justk9188
01-10-13, 02:44 AM
If "rare drop = rarely drop worthy thing" is true, then Sir Pig and purple cow are much better.
Those two are really amazing :). I got one big ruby and 3 gems so far.

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 03:40 AM
I am sorry yu feel ripped off by the royal cow, buy I think you misunderstood the description.

Normal cow (the one that costs 500 cows) is described as having a "tiny chance for rare drops". Does anyone expect the coin cow to drop lanterns, or gems, even if it is once a month? I don't think so.

Imho cows description says "rare drop" because cows are only supposed to produce milk for every collection and there are two rare items that a normal cow can drop:
- hides (yes, this is a rare drop, there are posts about people complaining how difficult it is to get past through the hides market request, like this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40801-Market-quests.&p=481434)) and
- prime cuts (there is a thread called Losing hope (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41826-Losing-hope-() where people complain about not getting any from their normal cows).

On the other hand, sheeps description says "prime cuts" because this is the only rare item a sheep can produce, just like pigs description specifies "truffles".

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 06:23 AM
Oh,that's what it means :) Luckily I only bought 2 cheapest sheep for wool,cos I want my castle full of windmills. Hides... Never mind.. It means 15 coins to me since I can remember ;) and prime cut...feed the baron,grrrrr 20 energies for 1 glimmer dust... Now I only need my sir piggie piggie,he is the best,he gave me another lantern yesterday,and a enchanted block today. And he gave 2 glimmer dusts a time,so he wins ;)

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 07:05 AM
Now I only need my sir piggie piggie,he is the best,he gave me another lantern yesterday,and a enchanted block today. And he gave 2 glimmer dusts a time,so he wins ;)
I want YOUR sir piggy! Mine drops only bacon, truffles and water. When I am lucky I get one useful item a day, yesterday a longsword, today nothing so far :(

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 07:23 AM
I want YOUR sir piggy! Mine drops only bacon, truffles and water. When I am lucky I get one useful item a day, yesterday a longsword, today nothing so far :(

Maybe because I have more free time tapping my sir piggie,I collect perhaps over 16 times a day. ;) he just gave me 5050 coins although I don't need money,I guess that's also the rare drop.

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 08:08 AM
Lol, I collect a lot from it too and wrote down every single item I got so that I could know exactly if he was as cool as everyone said. At the beginning he gave me cool stuff like 5 gems, royal beams, 30 energy, 2 jewels (that one, for a week aprox twice a day)... I think we was playing nice for me to like him. Lately he is obssesed with apples, that seems to be his favourite rare drop. I am done with apple pie, so they are pretty much useless :( I think we fell into routine and he no longer makes any effort for me... -sigh-

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 09:22 AM
He drop the fruits,bacons,and truffles most of time, but also quite often with glimmer dusts,saps,jewels which I get many without finding them somewhere else. I made extra apple pies,lemonade and orange stuffs for the possible future use. So if it doesn't drop truffle,bacon and water,everything else is welcome ;) I am expecting something amazing everyday

scottyhaha
01-10-13, 09:38 AM
This thread is about a cow. Hello

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 09:40 AM
Maybe Sir Piggy should drop cows! Wouldn't it be cool?

scottyhaha
01-10-13, 09:44 AM
Cow is kinda useless right now. Maybe drop an update is better

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 11:13 AM
Oops, Sir mr. Piggy has passed out,with its jaw-dropping ;)

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 11:14 AM
CPR, anyone ? :p

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 11:16 AM
Yes, cows should definetely should drop an update.
But it seems to be the rarest drop eve, lol

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 11:17 AM
CPR on a pig?
I don't care if he is a Sir...

midnightmeerkat
01-10-13, 11:48 AM
I was considering getting the royal cow because he looks kinda cool, when I was doing the prime rib quests I found the sheep to be good for ribs.

midnightmeerkat
01-10-13, 11:49 AM
Yes, cows should definetely should drop an update.
But it seems to be the rarest drop eve, lol

Oh, I so agree..... Getting desperate here!

AbbyBites
01-10-13, 05:30 PM
If the royal cow and Sir Piggie mated, indeed that would yield a rare drop��

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 05:40 PM
If the royal cow and Sir Piggie mated, indeed that would yield a rare drop��

Great idea! They could have several infants...

Lady McCowy: "An elegant cow, highest chance of Wisp lanterns"
Prince CharCuterie: "A super cute pig, highest chance of Luminessence"
Lord B'Fsteak: "A the ultimate bull, tiny chance of update drops"

Maybe that is what TL is doing, they are waiting for those two to give birth to the update ;)

zombiefun
01-10-13, 10:16 PM
Lol :)

Who should Sir Piggy to mate with for highest chance for update drop? TL management? :)

arale_norimaki
01-11-13, 02:37 AM
Lol :)

Who should Sir Piggy to mate with for highest chance for update drop? TL management? :)

Tim Cook?

yupiyupigumgum
01-11-13, 05:22 PM
I don't believe anything with the word 'rare' in this game. It always ends up 'extremely rare' for me......or 'mission impossible':cool:

maguar
01-11-13, 06:00 PM
I don't believe anything with the word 'rare' in this game. It always ends up 'extremely rare' for me......or 'mission impossible':cool:

I just got an image of the cow pulling off a mask and it being the baron. That could explain the drop rate . . .