PDA

View Full Version : Remove old Gifts from the Games

aliadri22
01-08-13, 10:27 AM
Why am I accepting gifts that I have no way of building appliances with?? seems like TL should take those items OUT of Gifts if we aren't able to use them!

Dabag
01-11-13, 04:54 PM
Are You Tired of scrolling forever for the right gift?
I would like to be able to sell what I do not need/want.

Is it Time to revamp the Bakery Gifting Menu?

It has been requested many many times,
you can check the old threads like I did &
since team lava did a massive appliance removal
Why not the PARTS as well?

ALL Parts for Buildables can be REQUESTED
So suggest REMOVE highlighted parts from the GIFT Menu

Bakery Story Gift Menu
As of January 11.2013 regular version
FOOD
Croissant 100
Cappuccino 50
Chocolate Cake 150
Brownies 200
Hot Chocolate 100

STANDARD PARTS
Fuse
Gear
Knob
Metal Sheet
Motor (RED) - fruit chocolate dip & emerald oven
Nozzle
Paint
Screw
Spring -truffle maker & candy cane oven
Wiring

SPECIALTY PARTS
Shamrock - emerald oven
Blue Motor - 3 bears oven; treat dispenser
Pink Fuse - 3 bears oven
Painted Egg - candy hatchery
Bunny Ears - candy hatchery
Heating Coil - big apple oven
Yellow Knob - espresso machine
Cooling Coil - shave ice; frozen drink
Food Color - shaved ice
Floaty Tube - health sweets
Separators - healthy sweets
Bricks - bread oven
Mortar - bread oven
Gumdrop - candy oven
Lollipop - candy oven
Cross Pipe - fruit juicer
Drip Bowl - fruit juicer
Stone Plate - Italian oven
Fire Wood - Italian oven
Bat Air Freshener - coffin drink
Vampire Cape - coffin drink
Logs - witch cauldren
Black Iron - witch cauldren
Red Leaf Gear - autumn oven
Cookie Pan - autumn oven
Turkey Decors- turkey oven
Pilgrim Turkey - turkey oven
Snowflake Gear - winter wonder oven
Snowflake Knob - winter wonder oven
Santas Mittens - santas oven
Santas Hat - santas oven
Ice Flake Gear - winter oven
Ice Flake Knob - winter oven

and let us not forget

BUILDABLES - floor decoration

Released March 29.2012 update
Noble knight - metal sheets & screws

Released March 01.2012 update
Dragon Scale & Dragon Tooth - Mini Dragon Baker

Released March 22.2012 update
Red Potion & Paint - Mermaid Statue - decoration

Released July 12.2012 update
Dolphin Fountain - gears & motors

Released July 19.2012 update for World Games goals
Relay Baton & Starting Blocks - Shot Put Cart
Floor Mat & Jump Board - Hula Hoop Statue

Dabag
01-11-13, 04:55 PM
Please feel free to disagree

Stueeeee
01-11-13, 05:07 PM
This is a great observation. I get annoyed going through the same gifts, it had not even occurred to me that a lot of them can't be used!

nky1111
01-11-13, 06:26 PM
ice flake oven is in use now . and pretty heavy use))))
bread oven is every beginner's goal.

noble knight, mermaid statue and santa are also in use. at least on android.
hula hoop is not holiday and it rulez 4ever. minidragon also is not holiday.

nky1111
01-11-13, 06:32 PM
oops correction. hula hoop gone, just had it instorage...

minidragon, noble knight and mermaid are not holiday and stay forever

santa is in use on current version on android.

maguar
01-11-13, 06:37 PM
I'd also suggest having new parts go the the start of the list for a time so everyone can easily see when new parts come out.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-11-13, 06:40 PM
I'd also suggest having new parts go the the start of the list for a time so everyone can easily see when new parts come out.

That's a good idea!!

nky1111
01-11-13, 06:42 PM
better sort alhabetically ( or if they don't know letters yet, at least by color)
to quickly find a part because it's common to gift an extra part when accepting a request

MomsHouseofSweets
01-11-13, 06:42 PM
Great idea, Dabag!!! This would be a huge improvement. There are appliances that I will just never purchase or put back on the floor.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-11-13, 06:45 PM
Please feel free to disagree

Most definitely no disagreement here!!

Dabag
01-11-13, 07:09 PM
ice flake oven is in use now . and pretty heavy use))))
bread oven is every beginner's goal.

noble knight, mermaid statue and santa are also in use. at least on android.
hula hoop is not holiday and it rulez 4ever. minidragon also is not holiday.

to clarify - not requesting the decoration or appliance be removed
just the Parts from the gifting menu

you can still use the Request Tab like we do now

mmmmmatt
01-11-13, 07:11 PM
Totally agree... I'm tired of still receiving Shamrocks and Painted Eggs in January!

310pnut
01-11-13, 07:22 PM
Agreed. Maybe leave it 4 a month or something bc it's a pain 2 scroll through all of the gifts

MomsHouseofSweets
01-11-13, 08:42 PM
Totally agree... I'm tired of still receiving Shamrocks and Painted Eggs in January!

Or dragon scales

Nikki_Finn
01-11-13, 09:15 PM
someone gifted me a dragon tooth the other day.

i said bye-bye & deleted that neighbor.
that's just ridiculous.

p.s.- i completely agree with the thread starter.
lots of useless junk in my gift box.

nky1111
01-13-13, 08:05 AM
u can build a mermaid statue with red potion

nky1111
01-13-13, 08:08 AM
to clarify - not requesting the decoration or appliance be removed
just the Parts from the gifting menu

you can still use the Request Tab like we do now

90% of ice flake parts come via gifting because only level 100 players have already opened the oven..

AnnasCoffee
01-13-13, 09:08 AM
someone gifted me a dragon tooth the other day.

i said bye-bye & deleted that neighbor.
that's just ridiculous.

p.s.- i completely agree with the thread starter.
lots of useless junk in my gift box.

I completely agree with this. I say if someone sends you a dragon tooth, it's the same as saying "I don't want to be your neighbor anymore.". Someone JUST sent me a dragon tooth. First, I checked to see if they where building something that needed a dragon tooth (and they sent it so I would send one back... NOPE). I DELETED them :).

I agree with the OP. But a lot of my neighbors bought some of the discontinued appliances before the deadline. They still have a lot of boxes to complete using the old parts. Maybe give them a few more weeks before removing the old parts. But I would LOVE it if the gifts were "cleaned-up" after that.

nky1111
01-13-13, 10:12 AM
why not collect them and build a minidragon? is it that scary)))
they took out the other dragon so only this left

saucysammis
01-13-13, 10:32 AM
I agree that the ability to gift seasonal specialty parts should be a limited time offer for, say, 1-3 months. After that time period players who wanted the parts would then still be able to request the parts, but they would be unavailable for random gifting.

I myself am finished with specialty parts within a week or two. No matter what your level, you can receive 20 per day!

Dabag
01-14-13, 12:25 PM
Buried under Relay Baton & Red Potion

this is what happened to the many of the other previous posts
i did find thru other threads. too bad

Nikki_Finn
01-17-13, 12:47 PM
why not collect them and build a minidragon? is it that scary)))
they took out the other dragon so only this left

huh?
scary? what, the dragon?
that dragon is goofy looking to me.
i actually love dragons but not that one.
not everyone is going to like all the build-able decorations.

i just see that as being lazy since it's the first page when you are gifting someone.
is it that hard to scroll over to the cappuccino or a useful part?
it's just rude.

Flashygrrl
01-17-13, 03:46 PM
LOL I got a dragon tooth and it actually did inspire me to want to start building a dragon....just to get the dang tooth out of my inventory.

jl0408
01-17-13, 04:15 PM

This! How hard is it to understand gift food or basic parts unless someone asked you for a specific part. Then gift that part to that person. Don't gift me a shamrock or bunny ears when clearly I already have the appliance in my bakery and NO unfinished appliance boxes! Seriously, did everyone forget that holiday appliances they go with were removed on Jan. 7th? I thought the junk parts would be removed then too. But it looks like we're still stuck with them.

jazzmin63
03-02-13, 11:09 PM
I've searched the board, but not seen an answer. Why are gifts for some appliances available? I've received a shamrock, painted egg, bunny ears, relay baton, starting block, floor mat, jump board, a drip bowl, bat air freshener, vampire cape, and a black iron. So, if the appliances that these items are required to build, but they're no longer available to purchase, why are these gifts still available to gift?

What happens is... I have a few neighbors who gift these items and either 1) they don't know that these gifts are useless, or 2) they don't really care.

So what I'm wondering is if the appliance is removed, can the associated gifts be removed as well and if not, why?

Thank you in advance.

rosacake
03-03-13, 03:48 PM
You've made a very good point!

nomicrophone
03-03-13, 03:49 PM
Wow I've never noticed that...very good point

sugarmilkppm
03-03-13, 04:54 PM
Strongly agree that the devs need to remove outdated parts for constructables that can't even be obtained in the game anymore.

I enjoy these games and I'm not a freeloader; I'm an adult who pays money to show my support for these games and when I do pay for items, it's not just paying for items. I'm paying for continued development/improvement of the game. These games have a lot of quality of life issues that haven't been addressed by the designers & programmers and they really need to be. I have paid much less for games and gotten a lot better value for my money in terms of game support and dev communication. Would really like to see TL improve on this front because I know they have legions of dedicated fans (that also financially support the games).

KadeeDid
03-03-13, 05:53 PM

Excellent idea!

rainedrop101
03-04-13, 11:21 AM
Just gift a screw. We will always need a screw in our builds. :-D

s8Angel
03-04-13, 01:58 PM
Why am I accepting gifts that I have no way of building appliances with?? seems like TL should take those items OUT of Gifts if we aren't able to use them!

While it is a pain to scroll through all those gifts, some of us still need those parts! I have a sub account I mainly use to help me with goal & parts requests, but I try to have some of each appliance...so lots of boxes on the floor but still bldg removed appliances like food dehydrator, sugar coater, etc. who knows when I may decide to actively play on that account? if I old parts are removed then I lost a lot of $$$ on appliances I cant finish bldg!

nomicrophone
03-07-13, 09:26 PM
Strongly agree that the devs need to remove outdated parts for constructables that can't even be obtained in the game anymore.

I enjoy these games and I'm not a freeloader; I'm an adult who pays money to show my support for these games and when I do pay for items, it's not just paying for items. I'm paying for continued development/improvement of the game. These games have a lot of quality of life issues that haven't been addressed by the designers & programmers and they really need to be. I have paid much less for games and gotten a lot better value for my money in terms of game support and dev communication. Would really like to see TL improve on this front because I know they have legions of dedicated fans (that also financially support the games).

Yes I definitely agree. Maybe this issue will raise some sort of eyebrow considering the huge & horrible confusion between the old shamrock from last year (for the emerald oven) and this years new shamrock (for the lucky oven). It was brought to Team Lava's attention in another thread whereas they were receiving the old useless shamrock as opposed to the new one. Team Lava took into consideration of renaming the new shamrock "Lucky Clover" but I'm hoping they just go ahead by removing the old shamrock altogether, as well as other pointless/useless items.

kooky panda
03-18-13, 05:00 PM

Sounds like some good news.

This is actually something we're working on right now. We just have to dot the I's and cross the T's before making any changes. :D

It might take up to a week before we can make any changes, since we're going through every game with old gift options.

violet0220
04-07-14, 11:03 PM
What about the ability to delete gifts you've already accepted but now realize you don't want/need? I have so many bat air fresheners that I'll never use and they are just cluttering up my gifts section. :/

myndisue
04-24-14, 06:00 PM
After the last RS goals, it proved you can build appliances without needing the part in the gift list. So TL hurry crossing your T's & dotting your I's and get rid of the useless parts please!

OnCloudDivine
04-24-14, 09:26 PM
This is actually something we're working on right now. We just have to dot the I's and cross the T's before making any changes. :D

It might take up to a week before we can make any changes, since we're going through every game with old gift options.

Weeellll... it's been over a year. Why throw a time frame like 'might take up to a week' when it means next to nothing as far as the delivery of said promise? While I sincerely appreciate that the staff responded to this issue at all, just remember: Under-promise and over-deliver!

OnCloudDivine
04-24-14, 09:32 PM
After the last RS goals, it proved you can build appliances without needing the part in the gift list. So TL hurry crossing your T's & dotting your I's and get rid of the useless parts please!

Actually, this made the RS goals really tedious :/ But I understand your point. What I would like TL to know is I think we'd all much rather prefer these 'seasonal parts' to be available to gift to our neighbors, but only while the goal remains active; once the goal expires, so does the ability to gift the part. However, players should still be able to request the 'vintage' part they need.

Any way those useless RS green ornaments can be totally removed from my inventory? :rolleyes:

twospoons
04-24-14, 10:08 PM
Weeellll... it's been over a month. Why throw a time frame like 'might take up to a week' when it means next to nothing as far as the delivery of said promise? While I sincerely appreciate that the staff responded to this issue at all, just remember: Under-promise and over-deliver!I'd check the year on that message. and then despair.

I think they should give us new buildable decorations, like the dragon or dolphin fountain, but ones that require older parts. I'd build the ugliest ice monster statue ever if it got rid of the ice flake stuff that I accepted before I realized it went with ovens I would never be able to build. Still willing to have it all gone from giftable list, and if I need more, ask for them, but I really want to get rid of the stuff in my inventory, and they don't seem to be adding the ability to delete it any time soon, so pretty please?

OnCloudDivine
04-27-14, 12:41 AM
I'd check the year on that message. and then despair.

Ahaha, even worse! This is why these issues should just be dealt with, so old threads don't keep popping up and I don't forget what year this is :)

I agree, more buildable decorations would be a great solution..no matter what they look like!

bobbyrae
04-27-14, 04:39 AM
I would not want the parts removed in general, since some of us are still building older appliances but I would like the ability for each player to delete the unwanted part from his/her inventory.The parts required for goal appliances could be deleted unless TL intends to bring those appliances back or use the parts again for other devices.

Dragon scales and teeth really should just be removed period!! :p