PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Removed Items

sapphirecross
01-08-13, 05:06 AM
I have Xmas version and still have Xmas stuff. The recipes I don't have are
Stove - pumpkin porridge, scotch eggs, crepe escape (that's a holiday? Crepes?), corned beef hash, egg salad (who only eats egg salad at Easter?) and gnocchi - ?
Oven - pudding with currants, toad in a hole, glazed turkey, candy corn pizza
Grill - nothing
Appliances - fire pit grill (didn't guess that one, don't have any), monster, witch, egg stove, shamrock
Anything I missed?

RESTAURANT STORY

Appliances REMOVED as of Jan. 08/09. 2013

Checked the - Regular Version of RESTAURANT STORY
No longer available for purchase

Fire Pit Grill - Released Aug02.2012 - World Games - 3 recipes
Ice Cream Machine - Released Aug.02.2012 - World Games - 3 recipes

Turducken Fryer - Released Dec.2011 - Christmas - 1 recipe
Chestnut Roaster - Released Dec.2011 - Christmas - 1 recipe
Holiday Drink Machine - Released Dec.2011 - Christmas - 2 recipes

Chocolate Maker - Released Feb.05 2012 - Valentines - 1 recipe
Candy Heart Stove - Released Feb.05.2012 - Valentines - 1 recipe

Witch’s Stove - Released Oct.02.2012 - Halloween - 3 recipes
Monster Oven - Released Oct.02.2012 - Halloween - 3 recipes

Egg Stove - Released April 05.2012 - Easter - 3 recipes

Shamrock Oven - Released March 15.2012 - St.Patricks - 3 recipes

Gift Box Stove - Released Dec.06.2012 - Christmas - 3 recipes

nursesusanb
01-08-13, 06:01 AM
I was in the middle of a winter goal which I still supposedly had like 17 days left to complete but they removed the "holiday" items which evidently included hot chocolate, which was part of the goal. Way to go TL! If you are going to have a goal please make it one we can do!

3cala
01-08-13, 08:06 AM
Piping hot cocoa is gone right in the middle of the winter goals!

jmterao
01-08-13, 08:36 AM
What was removed was spotty. There are still thanksgiving items for sale as well as some Christmas items. The Santa and snowman chef can now be purchased. A lot of non holiday items were also removed. Red paddle chairs are gone as are the rainbow table and chair (both were some of the more reasonably priced items!)

I am sure there are more that I didnt catch. Spotlights are gone (I never found a use for them).

Lesson learned; if TL states Holiday items will be removed, assume it means anything could go.

kimikayyz
01-08-13, 09:17 AM
I've noticed it depends which version you have too...some xmas stuff is still in the xmas version but not in the original or tday versions.

jmterao
01-08-13, 12:24 PM
I've noticed it depends which version you have too...some xmas stuff is still in the xmas version but not in the original or tday versions.

Wow! Your right. I checked my regular version and they are not there. In the Christmas version they still are.

Weird programming.

jmterao
01-08-13, 12:27 PM
Just checked the Halloween version. it still has the halloween decoration and the stoves. Interesting.

Wish I had purchased the rainbow chairs before they got rid of them :(

pattypopo
01-08-13, 12:40 PM
Seriously? The only reason I started the stupid winter goals was because as a kindle player I didn't receive Christmas goals. Now after buying an ugly fireplace I didn't want and cooking food I already mastered, TL pulls the hot chocolate. I am supposed to have 26 more days to complete the goals. Do you guys put any thought at all into what you do? Again another sadistic joke on us!

JohnDede
01-08-13, 01:08 PM
I have Xmas version and still have Xmas stuff. The recipes I don't have are
Stove - pumpkin porridge, scotch eggs, crepe escape (that's a holiday? Crepes?), corned beef hash, egg salad (who only eats egg salad at Easter?) and gnocchi - ?
Oven - pudding with currants, toad in a hole, glazed turkey, candy corn pizza
Grill - nothing
Appliances - fire pit grill (didn't guess that one, don't have any), monster, witch, egg stove, shamrock
Anything I missed?

I only see one food on your list that should be pulled, and that's the candy corn pizza. That certainly deserves the same obscurity as the 2 eyeball dishes.

pattypopo
01-08-13, 01:39 PM
Seriously? The only reason I started the stupid winter goals was because as a kindle player I didn't receive Christmas goals. Now after buying an ugly fireplace I didn't want and cooking food I already mastered, TL pulls the hot chocolate. I am supposed to have 26 more days to complete the goals. Do you guys put any thought at all into what you do? Again another sadistic joke on us!

The hot chocolate is now back. I still think they did a really poor job of how they handled this. I never got a pop up notification in any of my games. If they want to pull the decor, fine, but if they are going to pull recipes or catalogs, they should have let us know which ones.and with plenty of notice so we could have worked on mastering them. I am sure many of us were very close to earning a gem and then got the chance stolen from us.

BoredOOMM
01-08-13, 01:45 PM
I only see one food on your list that should be pulled, and that's the candy corn pizza. That certainly deserves the same obscurity as the 2 eyeball dishes.

I am glad they left Red Ribbon, Magic Snowball, and Holiday Ornaments cluttering up the parts bin.

bigbux3
01-08-13, 01:55 PM
TeamLava removed the Easter, St. Patrick's Day, World Games, and Thanksgiving content!

leadfoot
01-08-13, 03:23 PM
I am glad they left Red Ribbon, Magic Snowball, and Holiday Ornaments cluttering up the parts bin.

They left Shamrock, Gold spring, Painted Egg, Bunny Ears, etc. from months ago too. About a week ago a neighbor sent me a Painted Egg which I declined.

jmterao
01-08-13, 03:29 PM
They left Shamrock, Gold spring, Painted Egg, Bunny Ears, etc. from months ago too. About a week ago a neighbor sent me a Painted Egg which I declined.

Some people (like me) purchased multiples of the appliances that need those parts once we heard they were being removed. I also picked up some halloween appliances in case I am still playing next year.

Easter and St Patricks is coming quickly, do you think TL will release content in time for them?

If not, I am ready with appliances.

I would assume they have a way to see how many of those appliances that need those parts are still needing to be built. They also might rerelease the appliances (a week before of course). ;)

nky1111
01-08-13, 05:32 PM
Seems like the parts can't be removed at all. You may not be able to gift them, but you can always request them if you have a box.

ShelesSweets
01-08-13, 10:20 PM
I cooked up some corned beef hash last night and was on my way to mastering the recipe when it dissappeared. Why don't they just bring out holiday appliances if they aren't going to allow us to finish what we started?

Dabag
01-09-13, 07:12 PM
RESTAURANT STORY

bawpotter
01-09-13, 07:15 PM
RESTAURANT STORY

Thanks so much Dabag. I'm going to add this to the main post.

duckiestreats1
01-09-13, 07:19 PM
They don't want you to master them, that's 2 free gems per item mastered. Btw anyone using Amazon for the story games got no goals, no Christmas version

aliera99
01-10-13, 06:45 PM
Wow! Your right. I checked my regular version and they are not there. In the Christmas version they still are.

Weird programming.

Speaking of weird programming- I downloaded the RS Thanksgiving version off the Amazon appstore. The funny thing is, Glazed Turkey is still there. So I've been working on mastering it before it disappears. But only Glazed Turkey, none of the other recipes, decor or appliances.

nky1111
01-10-13, 07:48 PM
no turkey oven? thats odd

nky1111
01-10-13, 07:53 PM
oops oven is in BS. in RS wagon of pumpkins ets.
i bet one can enable all the stuff with some work on it....

kenyalopez19
01-10-13, 08:09 PM
The white tile r also missing on restaurant story

cheuk18me94
01-11-13, 10:06 AM
gnocchi is missing

aliadri22
01-11-13, 11:26 AM
I still have most items listed...as of last night (thurs 1.10.13)...when will they disappear?

jmterao
01-11-13, 02:35 PM
The white tile r also missing on restaurant story Thats the "shiney" tile. the smaller white is still there.

Black is also missing.

jmterao
01-11-13, 02:37 PM
I still have most items listed...as of last night (thurs 1.10.13)...when will they disappear?

I have purchased everything that was coin reasonable and stored it. Wallpapers, tiles, decorations, etc..

I am also working on getting a full set of all the appliances.

You never know if or when they will be pulled. If you like it, best get it now.

hsquared
01-12-13, 11:53 PM
wait...maybe i'm late to say this, but i'm playing on regular RS & i still have piping hot cocoa, so i could finish my goal. does nobody else have it??

hsquared
01-13-13, 12:03 AM
nvm...just read that it had been put back. phew, i was so confused!

kylebusch
01-13-13, 12:24 PM
why would they remove all these recipes

KadeeDid
01-13-13, 02:00 PM
why would they remove all these recipes

Because they can . . . No rhyme or reason. There was a popup saying "holiday" items were to be removed on all games, we asked for a list as there was much speculation and confusion. Nada! The items were removed and some make no sense at all. Rye and orange poppies in Farm Story, a winter outfit that was just released in Fashion Story, chocolate milk in BS or RS . . . If you check the forum, there are lists.

I tried to snatch up appliances and master recipes but ones I thought might be holiday were not and ones I thought could not be holiday were. Fortunately I had most of the appliances just in case but missed out on recipes.

gutteria
01-14-13, 08:48 AM
Ok, i have had the black tile in my restaurant and the grey pattern wall paper sense i started playing restaurant story. I got my new expansion this morning and now both decorations are gone. They aren't seasonal items so i dont know why they would be removed. My whole restaurant is designed with these decorations and i get compliments on it all the time. The grey pattern wallpaper is THE ONLY wallpaper that i like and THE ONLY one that matches my other decorations. I realy enjoy the game but this poor judgement on team lavas part may make me walk away from this game. I could understand if it was a temporary seasonal item but removing standard items that are most likely used in many peoples restaurants is no way to manage or update a game like this.

Pangursperson
01-16-13, 12:19 AM
When I saw the pop up about holiday content, I didn't think they meant the recipes too! Very poor judgment on their part, especially since it's been weeks and there haven't been any new recipes released. I guess this means any new holiday recipes introduced, you needn't bother mastering, unless you're hard up for gems.

MizCricket
01-21-13, 05:04 AM
Ok, i have had the black tile in my restaurant and the grey pattern wall paper sense i started playing restaurant story. I got my new expansion this morning and now both decorations are gone. They aren't seasonal items so i dont know why they would be removed. My whole restaurant is designed with these decorations and i get compliments on it all the time. The grey pattern wallpaper is THE ONLY wallpaper that i like and THE ONLY one that matches my other decorations. I realy enjoy the game but this poor judgement on team lavas part may make me walk away from this game. I could understand if it was a temporary seasonal item but removing standard items that are most likely used in many peoples restaurants is no way to manage or update a game like this.

I don't get that either! Last night was the first rime I did some redecorating since they pulled stuff and I couldn't believe those were gone. I came here to figure out why they were holiday content. It would be nice if they gave them back. Black tiles and white tiles seem like they would be standard decor items for any restaurant! ??????

lotuskat
01-23-13, 07:41 AM
I just found out that the shiny black tile's gone! Please bring it back, as it's my favorite and the only tile I've used for my floor. I understand if TeamLava needs to get rid of some tiles for space reasons, but can't you guys get rid of the seasonal ones before the "all-weather" ones? I really don't want to replace my entire floor plan. In addition to being expensive, I can't find a floor tile that matches my favorite wallpaper.

In the future, it would also be helfpul if TeamLava lets us know about these deletions!

fraish
01-23-13, 08:59 AM
Taking candy canes off ovens called candy cane oven and bought two ovens with two recipes each candy canes and candy cane cake and on jan. 7 th took candy canes off. I BOUGHT them what a joke

lotuskat
01-23-13, 09:11 AM

I just found a workaround. Try this:
1. Open the Design menu and go to the flooring options.
2. Find a floor tile that you already have and place it on one of the black floor tiles.
3. Close the Design menu.
4. Re-open the Design menu, and you should find a black floor tile in your inventory.
5. Place the black floor tile where you want to start putting down black flooring. You will then be able to continue purchasing NEW black tiles as long as you keep placing them on the floor.

Every time you want to buy black floor tiles, you'll need to go through this time-consuming series of steps, but it's better than covering your entire floor with new tiles!

lyssea
03-27-13, 08:25 PM
I just saw one of my neighbours making gnocchi. So is this really removed or people who use whatever version that is can still make gnocchi? I am on Xmas version and can make the christmas items like Holiday Cheer (the pancakes) and all the stove and appliances are still around including decor.

sapphirecross
04-01-13, 05:49 AM
There's a version with gnocchi still available. All the stuff that got remove didn't get removed from whatever holiday version it was, but not all platforms got all versions - and with iOS you can't get those versions again unless you d/l it before and have it in cloud. It's extremely annoying, since those versions still work and have now exclusive content.