PDA

View Full Version : Bergenia flower and Icicle Tree gone?!?

DoubleZ
01-08-13, 04:00 AM
Seriously?!?? Why were these considered "holiday" items?? Did you take the Bergenia because they're red? The Gladiolus are red, why didn't you take them as well? I can see the Icicle Tree being a seasonal thing, but not strictly a holiday item. For the majority of your players, it's STILL WINTERTIME!! The Icicle Tree and the Elderberry Tree looked really good together, too. :mad:

No way could any average player plant and master these in the little amount of time TL gave us. They were released less than 2 weeks ago! I hadn't even started on the Icicle Tree yet because of all the other actual "holiday" trees that had been released (also very late), and now it's gone!

Good grief!! The blatant lack of logic TL continually expresses with their decisions regarding game play is absolutely ludicrous. Guess I should've counted on them pulling something like this, bought up a bunch of trees and put them in storage. I had just reached level 3 on the Bergenia, so guess I won't be mastering them now. Sigh...

nmishii
01-08-13, 04:33 AM
I opened a thread and asked about the Bergenia minutes after I got the popup. Never got an answer from TL. I mastered them on Sunday because earlier this year they removed Rhubarb with the Valentines content.

Might be a good idea to buy and store trees released for or near a holiday if it seems like they might be removed before you're ready to put them on your farm.

DoubleZ
01-08-13, 04:38 AM
This was it for me. As soon as I have some time, I'll be selling everything on my farm, spending my 11 million coins on dog bowls to spell out a very clear "departure" message. Had enough of the stupidity.

yaharalady
01-08-13, 11:22 AM
I agree. Remove ing these items makes no sense. Why not remove some other, more stupid content, like snow cone flowers. The bergenia had such nice color. Hope this weeks updates are outstanding. I think Storm8 is having too much fun in the office and not paying attention to business.

nmishii
01-08-13, 11:36 AM
Yes, the bergenia were pretty. I would rather the non-holiday themed fantasy crops/trees/animals be removed over the real holiday-themed ones.

pinkster73
01-08-13, 11:36 AM
I still can't wrap my head around the rye.

kooky panda
01-08-13, 11:43 AM
Please post any unlocked goal crops or trees that are missing here.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43950-Farm-Missing-unlocked-crops-trees

DoubleZ
01-08-13, 02:18 PM
They could've had the common decency to at least give us a head's up about exactly which items they were taking. To generalize by saying "holiday" items sure leaves a lot for interpretation.

I know, pinkster. I didn't get the rye either, or like mishi mentioned, when they took the rhubarb on Valentine's. Since when has rhubarb been associated with any holiday??

nmishii
01-08-13, 02:32 PM
They could've had the common decency to at least give us a head's up about exactly which items they were taking. To generalize by saying "holiday" items sure leaves a lot for interpretation.

I know, pinkster. I didn't get the rye either, or like mishi mentioned, when they took the rhubarb on Valentine's. Since when has rhubarb been associated with any holiday??

Since last year when TL removed it from the store.

KadeeDid
01-08-13, 02:34 PM
What was holiday about bergenia? Icicles are winter and when I look outside, we are still in winter . . . Very disappointed. I was trying to master all I could but has no idea what their whims would remove.

3cala
01-08-13, 07:15 PM
It is ludicrous these were taken away so soon. They didn't come out til after Christmas.

naturebaby222
01-09-13, 02:44 AM
How come my neighbor has freshly planted bergenia on his farm while I haven't had it in my list for well over 36 hours? It's an 18-hr crop. :-( Plus last time I checked my garden, trumpet lily was a late summer blossom. Does not compute. Neighbor's name: Alfalfa Farmer.

pinkster73
01-09-13, 06:19 AM
How come my neighbor has freshly planted bergenia on his farm while I haven't had it in my list for well over 36 hours? It's an 18-hr crop. :-( Plus last time I checked my garden, trumpet lily was a late summer blossom. Does not compute. Neighbor's name: Alfalfa Farmer.

Flowers never wither.

DoubleZ
01-09-13, 09:25 PM
I noticed the Buttercups were gone too.

Pinkster, whether they wilt or not is moot. These were planted AFTER the crops were supposedly taken from everyone. I saw one with mistletoe that had just started to sprout, and it wilts.

DoubleZ
01-09-13, 09:27 PM

Since last year when TL removed it from the store.

LOL...thanks for the clarification! :P

ariesblu
01-10-13, 02:41 AM
I'm at least glad I purchased trees and stored them to avoid all this, but I was no where near mastering all of the crops that they removed. But that's the MO I guess.