PDA

View Full Version : Why the 9-hour candy cane is removed from the candy cane maker?

littlepuffystove
01-08-13, 12:58 AM
Frozen turtle said" Any seasonal recipes on seasonal appliances which you have previously purchased Or any seasonal recipes you have to unlock will remain in your game."

But why the 9-hour candy cane is removed,only the 2-hour candy cane cake remains?

nky1111
01-08-13, 01:42 AM
because it's too good for lusers. they must only buy gems and not ask questions!!!!!

lizzygee23
01-08-13, 01:44 AM
Ya that doesn't make any sense. We bought the oven, we should be able to keep the recipes that come with it. Ugh. Just one more thing to add to my list of things to be angry with TL about...

marrrina
01-08-13, 02:55 AM
That's not fair. They told us recipes on special ovens we bought would always be ours. When the candy cane oven first came out it had the cake only, so I deleted the oven after mastering it. I bought it again when it was rereleased Xmas so I could master candy canes. So much for that

carabellexo
01-08-13, 03:07 AM
Can a mod please comment on this??

kieranyeow
01-08-13, 04:30 AM
I'm Angry!!!!!!!!

kieranyeow
01-08-13, 04:32 AM
They Also Removed My Podium Cake!!!!! What Happend!!!!! I was A GOAL!!!!! WE PAY TIME TO UNLOCK THIS!!!!!WE TL DON'T TELL US WHAT YOU YOU ALL REMOVE?!!!WHYYYY!!!!!!!!!WHY REMOVED THE CANDY CANE!!!!!DOES THIS BOTHER YOU?!

nmishii
01-08-13, 04:41 AM
My Podium Cake is also gone. But Androids didn't have World Game goals so they gave us the Podium Cake as a regular recipe. So it doesn't bother me that its gone, even though I don't consider World Games/Olympics a holiday. If I had unlocked it as a goal I would be mad.

SweetBGs
01-08-13, 06:03 AM
Put the candy cane recipe back on the candy cane maker, please! That oven only made two recipes to begin with which was bad enough. We were led to believe those recipes stayed permanently. I'm like four candy canes away from mastering it, and it's frustrating enough that I may consider quitting the game if it (and others mentioned above) aren't put back.

Baraze
01-08-13, 06:15 AM
Just commented on another post about this. Why remove one non goal recipe but keep the other? So sad.

erxi9
01-08-13, 06:27 AM
DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!
why do you remove the recipes on special appliance or goaled?

purplegem611
01-08-13, 08:33 AM
Yep!! Mine is gone too!! I was close to mastering it!! Have to hope the candy cane remains long enought to master that almost there too!

cleodux
01-08-13, 11:30 AM
I was surprised that the candy cane recipe is missing, as i dont really active in the forum and i never got a pop up message about the removal of some recipe announcement. I am playing christmas edition, while i still can bake pb chocolate cake and such, i can't bake candy cane, rofl. Thats insane, to think this recipe is on the special appliances. I did mastered all the christmas theme recipe from regular appliances. While i was not here no 2011 christmas, i am aiming for candy cane? cake to master first before master the 9 hour recipe. So much for nothing T_T

saucysammis
01-08-13, 01:26 PM
Out of all recipes I mastered, candy cane was the one I looked forward to redoing every December. It's the real world december treat. Hey Team Lava, we'll trade you the candy cane cake for the candy canes! Sigh.

shakiba
01-08-13, 01:28 PM
Are you kidding me? Thats not fair at all! I never even mastered that recipe yet because i thought it would stay there!!!! Bring it back now please.

AutumnHikari
01-08-13, 04:21 PM
Really stupid that they removed it...we bought that oven, we paid to have those specific recipes. Disappointed.

ZGM2003
01-09-13, 02:36 AM
I just purchased oven, i was never notified. Why did they take away egg tarts off regular oven, i waited so long to get christmas in the bakery and have neighbors who were not upset. Here we go ag ain please tell us it was a mistake. What good is an oven with 1 2 hour receipe this must be a mistake, or give me my coins back please.

electrikbarbarella
01-09-13, 12:23 PM
Here is a recent post from Frozen Turtle:

Hey everyone!

The Red Velvet Cookies have been added back to your regular Oven. You may need to force-close and restart your app to see them again. Any seasonal items/recipes which you have unlocked should also available to you once again.

Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication with the Game Teams and recipes which were mastered will not be coming back at this time. I apologize for passing along that information! In regards to these specific recipes which were removed, please do provide us with some constructive feedback. We did bring back some of your favorite Christmas 2011 items this past year, so let us know what your favorite recipes were. No guarantees it will return to the game, but we will definitely pass along the more popular requests. Again, sorry!

electrikbarbarella
01-09-13, 12:37 PM
Here is a quote from Kooky:

Hey guys, looks like there was some issues overnight when the holiday items were removed.

Since there are tons of threads, I am starting up a new report thread so I can send this over to the community managers to find out if the removed unlocked receipes were removed by design or by accident.

If you are missing receipes that you had already unlocked , please post
the platform you play on(apple, android or kindle fire) and the name of the receipe
you are missing.

Please note, that this thread is only for members that have lost one of these receipes.
I want to keep the thread clean and get a list together before the community managers come on, so any posts that are not giving information on the missing receipes will be removed as off topic.

Note: I am showing the red velvet cookies on the regular stove under the Christmas bakery game. I am not seeing it under the regular bakery game.

List:

Android. Candy canes on the candy cane maker. It wasn't a locked recipe but one on a seasonal appliance, which should also stay.

Android 2.3.6. On Bakery Story: Regular, I am missing Red Velvet Cookies, Chocolate Cherry Trifle, PB Chocolate Cake,Holiday Waffles, Heart Toast ,Brawny Muffins ,Well-Done Toast ,Cherry Muffins, and Peppermint Mocha. I have all these recipes on Bakery Story: Christmas.
All of these recipes except for the Well-Done Toast and the Cherry Muffins, I have mastered.

Looks like TL is only looking at unlocked goal recipes. Not sure why they would take the Candy Cane (9 hour) recipe from the special Candy Cane Maker appliance, but leave the 2 hour cake. Since they were removing holiday content from the regular oven, why leave the Gingerbread cookies?

songai4239
01-10-13, 04:06 PM
Guys if you haven't notice there's a thread where 4 recipes are being tallied to be bring back (candy cane, valentine cookies, fortune cookies, and egg tarts)

electrikbarbarella
01-11-13, 09:02 AM
Here is the part of the quote about the poll I think might be getting overlooked:

Hey everyone!

The Red Velvet Cookies have been added back to your regular Oven. You may need to force-close and restart your app to see them again. Any seasonal items/recipes which you have unlocked should also available to you once again.

Unfortunately, there was a miscommunication with the Game Teams and recipes which were mastered will not be coming back at this time. I apologize for passing along that information! In regards to these specific recipes which were removed, please do provide us with some constructive feedback. We did bring back some of your favorite Christmas 2011 items this past year, so let us know what your favorite recipes were. No guarantees it will return to the game, but we will definitely pass along the more popular requests. Again, sorry!

pattypopo
01-12-13, 03:48 AM
IMO they should never remove any recipes. They could make room for more appliances by removing the option to purchase any future appliances. When we master all the recipes on said appliance we can either keep it in our inventory or get rid of it. To me it is not right to purchase an oven with 2 recipes only to have 1 recipe removed. Many people buy certain amounts of ovens ect. according to how many recipes there are.

electrikbarbarella
01-18-13, 04:50 PM
I was hoping to find an answer out about this recipe. Can a mod help here? Will we be getting this special appliance recipe back?

slam308
01-19-13, 07:03 PM
I was hoping to find an answer out about this recipe. Can a mod help here? Will we be getting this special appliance recipe back?

I agree, let's get some answers. It was stated from the beginning that recipes on seaonal appliances would not be removed. It shouldn't be a question of will we get the candy canes back so much as when will we get the candy canes back?