PDA

View Full Version : I'm having issues gathering coal!

rengirl1978
01-07-13, 05:05 PM
Rock Outcropping, Dark Cave Formation, Small Rock Pile, Iron Rich Rock, and my mines!! I still cannot gather enough coal. I get maybe 10-15 coal a day now. It is really haulting my ability to expand and/or make Lumin Essence. Any tips or tricks or do I have a glitch? I used to have no problem gathering caol, would have 99+ all the time. Help!

mytalent1
01-07-13, 05:21 PM
I faced similar coal drop rate reduced issue at L26-27, it returns to normal now at L28, but jewel drop rate reduced.

rosewaterlily
01-07-13, 06:19 PM
Yeah I always have <5 coal on hand at level 26. Need a coal mine resource. I bet if they ever make one it'll cost gems though.

Luna48
01-07-13, 08:12 PM
Wow, I hope it does return to normal at L28. I'm pretty bored hacking at rocks to get coal to make Lumin or Wisps. Oh yes, I get to plant and harvest wheat and make flour. No quest for a long time except that food caravan with the fruit requirements which took more wheat. Really getting boring. And those mines are currently useless - 3/4 coals maybe, sometimes nothing but a few coins.

rengirl1978
01-07-13, 08:17 PM
I'm level 25, almost 26.

yupiyupigumgum
01-07-13, 09:31 PM
I'm at level 28 and still face coal problem. Never destroyed so many rocks like this before

wassupbaby
01-07-13, 11:35 PM
I dont think the drop rate is reduced.The thing is when you need some item , it suddenly seems hard to get.
Btw i could make 4 lanterns per day . But if i try to make more than 4, i'll have the same problem like you.

arale_norimaki
01-08-13, 02:03 AM
I've always had few coal. I mean, when I was not focusing on expanding and didn't try the third adventure (cause I didn't have it) I never even came close to being maxed out on coal. That how hard it is for me to get coal!

I totally understand what you feel, I spend my day harvesting wheat, making flour (my windmill gave me two flours in three weeks), baking bread, then frying fish for adventures. I am sooooo glad to be done with the pies for the cooking caravan!!! But still, my flour seems to vanish overnight...
And when I am not harvesting, my energy goes to mining rocks to get enough coal to create the next two earth wisps. This is boring :(

Btw, I am at level 25, but as I said before, I have always been low on coal. A coal rich rock would be great, imo ;)

iLLUMI2012
01-08-13, 01:15 PM
I've always been low in coal too, but that's because I keep crafting Earth Wisps. :D
I stopped mining rocks for coal shortly after both my Mines were built. Earth Wisps come from the mines too which helps and saves times crafting.
Really what you want is Wisps so ask your neighbours and keep collecting from your mines. ;)

rengirl1978
01-08-13, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I get wisps from at least 3 ppl a day lol

After reading some of the issues others have, I should be happy all I'm low on is coal!

I have gotten wisp lanterns from the dark cave adventure before! I always look forward to the castle quest & see what goodies I get.

arale_norimaki
01-09-13, 01:43 AM
I've always been low in coal too, but that's because I keep crafting Earth Wisps. :D
I stopped mining rocks for coal shortly after both my Mines were built. Earth Wisps come from the mines too which helps and saves times crafting.
Really what you want is Wisps so ask your neighbours and keep collecting from your mines. ;)

Then you are not low on coal, lol! You are just using what you get ;)

Just an example from this morning collections: from my two mines, a total of 4 coals, 0 earth wisps. From mining a rock 20 times, 6 coals. And I was happy because I got enough to craft two earth wisps before running out of energy :)

On the other hand, I managed to get all my shards, sir piggy, enough prime cuts and truffles to feed the baron once a day... I just can not have everything ;)

iLLUMI2012
01-09-13, 06:05 PM
Then you are not low on coal, lol! You are just using what you get ;)

What the! That would have to be the weirdest comment I have ever read!! lol Bizarre! :p
Ahhh well if you're using up what you get then yehhh you're obviously going to be low! Hello! Heh hehhh.
In fact right now I have 0 coal so I'm actually 'out' of coal. :p

But anyway, back on topic, like rengirl1978 says you do get Wisp Lanterns from the third adventure. The number of lanterns varies though.
Another option for getting extra Earth Wisps is if you have older devices around, like an old iPhone or iPad, install the game on those and add those accounts as neighbours. Then you can gift Wisps to your main account. ;)

blurbie
01-10-13, 01:12 AM
I run out too. I used to always have enough. I see too the drop after level 25, and it seems better at 28, but I need so many more per expansion that I don't make Lumin Essence. And I want to save up for the update, whenever that comes. Hard to choose. I like the cave (option3 of castle guard quests)but til now was focusing on expanding. But now I will go every other day or something. The first and second castle guard quest give okay rewards but sometimes a really good one like my royal pig! Sometimes the reward is lame. It is a dice roll.

I am gifted wisps usually. I wish I could gift times 6 each day.

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 03:06 AM
What the! That would have to be the weirdest comment I have ever read!! lol Bizarre! :p
Ahhh well if you're using up what you get then yehhh you're obviously going to be low! Hello! Heh hehhh.
In fact right now I have 0 coal so I'm actually 'out' of coal. :p

But anyway, back on topic, like rengirl1978 says you do get Wisp Lanterns from the third adventure. The number of lanterns varies though.
Another option for getting extra Earth Wisps is if you have older devices around, like an old iPhone or iPad, install the game on those and add those accounts as neighbours. Then you can gift Wisps to your main account. ;)

I think I did not understand what you were saying, something got lost in translation, hihi. Sorry if my comment was weird or inappropriate.

I do confirm about lanterns, just got 5 out of my weekly try of the third adventure. That was a great surprise... but you can not count on that because it is complety random. It was aprox. my 5th try of this adventure and this is the first time I get them.

wassupbaby
01-10-13, 03:45 AM
5 lanterns??? O_o i got it sometimes but 2 max. You're really lucky , make me wanna do 3rd adventure again :S

arale_norimaki
01-10-13, 03:54 AM
I was crazy happy, you can imagine!! I just did an expansion I wasn't counting on... I hope you are lucky too!

mammami08
01-10-13, 06:14 AM
Same here, having the worts time getting coal, my hubby has the same problem with jewles wich i have no problem at all getting!

onemansmiracle
01-10-13, 06:37 AM
I guess if you making fancy beam,fancy block,royal beam,royal block,and enchanted stuffs at the same time,you won't feel running low on anything...the workshops are too busy ;). And I hope we can make wisp lantern and earth wisp in our magic forge,and more coal would be nice. However I kinda think its more energy consuming to find mermaid scale as I am doing the 3d adventure and updating all royal buildings into cathedrals at the same time.

arale_norimaki
01-11-13, 05:54 PM
Update on coal issues: After I reached level 26, mined a rock 13 times and got 9 coals. This is not a lot but it sure is much better than mining a rock 20 times and getting 4 coals, don't you think? :)

rengirl1978
01-11-13, 08:35 PM
Update on coal issues: After I reached level 26, mined a rock 13 times and got 9 coals. This is not a lot but it sure is much better than mining a rock 20 times and getting 4 coals, don't you think? :)

Yes! That is better!

antbanks
01-11-13, 10:18 PM
Are you running two sparkling mines and mining rock outcroppings? Sparkling mines sometimes drop multiple coal for a single energy. Depending on level you can get two sparkling mines I believe.

arale_norimaki
01-12-13, 03:24 AM
I have two sparkling mines, the problem is they don't give much coal lately, usually one of them don't give out any and the other never more than 4 coal :( This morning I was lucky again, I had four and four :) Maybe my bad luck is over... How abut yours, rengirl1978?

maia07
01-14-13, 05:40 PM
... as I am doing the 3d adventure and updating all royal buildings into cathedrals at the same time.

Catherdrals? That's a wasteful expense, no? It will take you 2 months to recoup just the $111,000 cost of the building, not to mention the building materials. I mean, I have the one, to look nice, but unless you need the Royal Points (and who does? I think if you're high enough level you have 2-3 times the needed amount to expand) I don't understand it.
Unless I'm missing something?

maia07
01-14-13, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I get wisps from at least 3 ppl a day lol
I have gotten wisp lanterns from the dark cave adventure before! I always look forward to the castle quest & see what goodies I get.

Has anyone tested out whether the number of lanterns you get from the 3rd adventure generally outweighs the costs of the 10 wisps you need for the Lumin Essense to go on the quest?

Also, is the Rock Outcropping the most efficient way to get coal (after the mines)? I seem to average about 1 per 3 hits (about 7 coal from the 20hit outcropping), while the Iron Rich Rock gives me less (about 1-2 per 8 hits) as does the Small Rock Pile (~1 per 5 hits).

I have nothing left to do except expand, so I'm pumping out lanterns as fast as I can (~4/day). I need about 100 to fully expand (that 20-lamp spot is ****er), so it's going to be a long boring slog unless there's an update soon.

onemansmiracle
01-15-13, 04:44 AM
Catherdrals? That's a wasteful expense, no? It will take you 2 months to recoup just the $111,000 cost of the building, not to mention the building materials. I mean, I have the one, to look nice, but unless you need the Royal Points (and who does? I think if you're high enough level you have 2-3 times the needed amount to expand) I don't understand it.
Unless I'm missing something?
Cos,they look pretty ;) besides,I don't have anything else to do...better keep all workshops running and all materials using

rar745
06-06-13, 06:29 AM
is the Rock Outcropping the most efficient way to get coal (after the mines)? I seem to average about 1 per 3 hits (about 7 coal from the 20hit outcropping), while the Iron Rich Rock gives me less (about 1-2 per 8 hits) as does the Small Rock Pile (~1 per 5 hits).

In my experience, yes, the Rock Outcropping IS the best way to get coal, other than from mines.

Breaking down large sources of rocks will burn through energy AND coins. If you're worried about COINS, the Rock Outcropping is always the answer. But if you're worried about ENERGY, use the Small Rock Pile to obtain Stone, use the Rock Outcropping to obtain Coal, and use the Iron-Rich Rock to obtain Iron Ore. I have mined each of these 5 times, and here is a chart showing the ROCK PRICES that resulted, in both Coins and in Energy...

ROCK PRICES (The smallest values have been capitalized.)

source
1 stone
1 coal
1 iron ore

Rock Outcropping

0088 COINS
0210 COINS
0489 COINS

0.80 energy
1.90 ENERGY
4.44 energy

Iron-Rich Rock

0650 coins
2080 coins
0495 coins

1.00 energy
3.20 energy
0.76 ENERGY

Small Rock Pile

0114 coins
0320 coins
1600 coins

0.71 ENERGY
2.00 energy
10.0 energy

newzealander
06-22-13, 09:46 AM
Is anyone else experiencing a coal drought? Despite collecting from 2 mines and 2 deep mines, I have had no coal since yesterday. I had to resort to hard labour and got the pick axe out, and chipped away at some rock myself. 10 chops later, energy exhausted and shoulders ****ing me, I had one piece of coal to show for it! With expansions still to do, this is hardly going to get me embers, yet alone lanterns.

Does anyone have the number of someone who delivers coal?? Clearly my mines don't!

susbebe
06-22-13, 01:10 PM
You can trie to close down you game and restated again.

RotomGuy
06-22-13, 01:16 PM
You can trie to close down you game and restated again.

No offence, but how will that help? This is just a case of low drop rates.

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to increase coal income.