PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

DragonHeart0
01-07-13, 04:17 PM
Hello Dragon Story friends,

My daughter and I discovered DragonStory over the holidays and love it. Thanks Team Lava!

Yesterday, we decided to expand again (level 11) and figured it couldn't hurt to forgo 10 gold bars to "buy all" the expansion maps. We weren't quite sure what to expect but figured that since we hadn't been led astray yet we'd be safe. After waiting the requisite time, we discovered that we seem to have paid 10 gold bars for one square of expansion valued previously at 6,000 silver coins. And, now further expansion seems to be going to cost 8,000 instead of 6,000!

Help! Have we blundered? What can we do to either go back or discover the value associated with this "investment"??

Thanks in advance!

Nefertekas
01-07-13, 05:11 PM
Ouch!! Never use gold on expansions or maps... Trust me. You want to keep your precious, super hard-to-gain gold so you can spend it where it really matters, namely speeding up either a breeding, or a hatching.

And only use the gold if the breeding/hatching is, say, over 40 minutes left. Meaning, if you have a dragon that has finished hatching (it says it's ready over the nest) and you hatch it and place the baby in its habitat, your nest is empty.

So , if your breeding den is full, and you want/need to hurry it up (for example to try for another dragon before going to bed, or trying for a Limited edition), don't use the gold if it's like "4 hours 17 minutes" on the timer.
Wait for it to drop under 4 hours, so wait 17 minutes.

Of course, you will soon see gold is a very valuable and rare commodity. It makes the gameplay easier and faster. No need to spend it on maps, or expansions, not even food or evolutions...in my opinion. Breeding and hatching are the most annoying parts to be waiting for xD

As for the maps: you ask them from your neighbors, never buy them. They will eventually send out the maps and soon you'll expand. And after having enough maps, and after expanding, you will wait some hours for the expansion to finish. After it finishes, you have stuff to clear out! I know, annoying and slow... But hey, that's tha rhythm of the game. ;)

Nefertekas
01-07-13, 05:18 PM
Also, expansions will increase in cost gradually. Mine must cost about 400,000 silver coins a pop (I completely forget what it costs because I have a lot of cash, so I don't care...level94) but after those, I still have to clear the folliage underneath.
Think of expansions as exploring new territory, and then clearing folliage is preparing the new territory for its intended use : build stuff on it!

You get maps from neighbors when you request them. You can get up to 20 maps a day, so I suggest having at least over 20 neighbors. :) ask for id's on people's walls, or write your own on your wall, so people can invite you.
Our forum names are our storm8 id's, so people here can add you and you can add them.

You can also get the precious gold from neighbors! But it's tricky...
You can semd only 3 gold bars each day.
But you can receive up to 20!
I suggest trying to have regular "gold buddies" who trade gold with you each day, even if it's only one or two, and then you can send put one piece of gold randomly, for example.
I have 2 constant gold buddies, and try to rotate my other gold between people who send me gold, but sometimes i get lost -.- i have like 200 something neighbors, so yeah. :p

Visiting is also nice. You help your neighbors, and ask them to help back. By tapping on a habitat you give a neighbor 250 silver coins, which is so helpful in early stages! :) people tend to visit back (I admit I am a horrible neighbor when it comes to visitng, i keep forgetting. Blah) and so you also can gain 250 extra coins per habitat. ;D

Nefertekas
01-07-13, 05:22 PM
Also... If you receive any pop-ups or ads for TL games, install them! You'll get extra gold. :) which is great!

Another tip, almost forgot: never leave a nest empty , when you have gold to spare. I say this because if you accidentally tap on a gold trap in the market, and accidentally buy an unwanted dragon that you already have, that gold is lost for nothing. S tread carefully. Bewware of pop-ups and those yellow "SPEND ALL YOUR GOLD!" buttons, they're pes,y.

DragonHeart0
01-07-13, 05:42 PM
So, the "buy all" is just a scam to part players with their cash? I had asked my daughter not to interact with a storm8 id - she's just a young kid.

DragonHeart0
01-07-13, 05:44 PM
Thanks Nefertekas -I do appreciate all your guidance! And will use it for sure.

lriptide
01-07-13, 05:54 PM
add neighbor as much as possible i got 30 maps yesterday as a gift of neigbor u dun goofd, nway when i started i used my gold i think it was 100gold to hatch fruitfull dragon and firestorm lols and now i regret coz i like the second nest

kooky panda
01-07-13, 06:02 PM
Also... If you receive any pop-ups or ads for TL games, install them! You'll get extra gold. :) which is great!

Please note that while TL may provide opportunities to try out their other games they do not have Quests/Goals that reward gold, for downloading or playing other games for IOS players.
There are other Goals that do have these rewards, but there are not rewards for the Goals you mentioned.

kooky panda
01-07-13, 07:26 PM
Hello Dragon Story friends,

My daughter and I discovered DragonStory over the holidays and love it. Thanks Team Lava!

Yesterday, we decided to expand again (level 11) and figured it couldn't hurt to forgo 10 gold bars to "buy all" the expansion maps. We weren't quite sure what to expect but figured that since we hadn't been led astray yet we'd be safe. After waiting the requisite time, we discovered that we seem to have paid 10 gold bars for one square of expansion valued previously at 6,000 silver coins. And, now further expansion seems to be going to cost 8,000 instead of 6,000!

Help! Have we blundered? What can we do to either go back or discover the value associated with this "investment"??

Thanks in advance!

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/1D8AB92B-5A8F-44C1-AE31-2957A6ACA2B1-418-0000002C019C789D-1.jpg

When you expand you have an option of requesting maps from your neighbors, or you can use gold to expand without having to wait for the maps.
This only applies to this one expansion.

As you progress in the game the costs of the expansions do go up.

DragonHeart0
01-07-13, 08:55 PM
I know I seem thick but I don't understand what the difference is between paying the checked 11,000 silver coin and clicking on buy all for 10 gold bars? Presumably one would get something additional for the gold? But sadly, apparently not!

Takiofallen
01-07-13, 08:58 PM
The check is for the money you pay to expand the gold is to buy the maps needed

kooky panda
01-07-13, 09:04 PM
I know I seem thick but I don't understand what the difference is between paying the checked 11,000 silver coin and clicking on buy all for 10 gold bars? Presumably one would get something additional for the gold? But sadly, apparently not!

To expand you need two things:
The required amount of coins
The required number of maps.

On the map requirement you can either pay gold for the maps or you can ask your neighbors for the maps
(this is free, but you will have to wait for your neighbors to respond to your map request and send them to you).

Here is a game guide that can give you more information.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=472095&viewfull=1#post472095

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 02:31 AM
Thanks Nefertekas -I do appreciate all your guidance! And will use it for sure.

No problem. ^^

Please note that while TL may provide opportunities to try out their other games they do not have Quests/Goals that reward gold, for downloading or playing other games for IOS players.
There are other Goals that do have these rewards, but there are not rewards for the Goals you mentioned.

Yes, sorry for that! Technically, iOS still needs to fullfill another goal in order to receive the gold - we need to place a decoration.
Sme of the other TL games are quite fun, so there's no harm in trying out Jewel Mania or Monster Story. :)

FlamingInferno
01-08-13, 04:41 AM

Another tip, almost forgot: never leave a nest empty , when you have gold to spare. I say this because if you accidentally tap on a gold trap in the market, and accidentally buy an unwanted dragon that you already have, that gold is lost for nothing. S tread carefully. Bewware of pop-ups and those yellow "SPEND ALL YOUR GOLD!" buttons, they're pes,y.

I do like the free gold but when im in the middle of the game in leveling up sometimes i go crazy because its so hard to level up! Like now i cant pass level33 in jewel mania!

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 06:22 AM
I do like the free gold but when im in the middle of the game in leveling up sometimes i go crazy because its so hard to level up! Like now i cant pass level33 in jewel mania!

Level 33 ?? Wwwoooow, i haven't reached that level xD and bubble blitz mania, i got stuck at this one level and was so irritated that I didn't play any more, it's been weeks, looll.
I've been playing another one, like jewel mania, but it involves candy . :p

hamadrys
01-08-13, 10:23 AM
Gold is much more valuable than coins. You get coins on your own, with your dragons. The more dragons, the more coins you get.
Gold...you have to whether buy is with real $$$ from your ****** account or wait for neighbors to send it to you.
You do not want to pay gold for something that can be freely given by neighbors. Be patient and save the amount of coins you need so you can expand.
It's tough at the beginning. Coins are scarce but it gets easier and better as you level up.
Nefertekas posts are giving you great tips and advices. Keep them handy :)

Cyclohexane
01-08-13, 11:47 AM

The buy all for 10 gold bars is to buy the maps, and that is it. You must have the maps and the coin to expand. Then you must wait for it to be explored, then clear land. Take advice above and get some neighbors. Then instead of clicking on "Buy all for 10 gold", click on "Ask fiends". They will send it to you for free and allow you to save gold. This is only useful if you have lots of gold and want to expand quickly.

DragonHeart0
01-08-13, 03:53 PM
Ok, since we've already paid the gold to get all the maps. . . who can tell me what they look like and where they are because i don't think we got anything - no maps.

DragonHeart0
01-08-13, 03:59 PM
I do understand all that other stuff (playing other games, avoiding spending gold where possible, etc.) and since I am now involved in playing we are doing the friend thing. My daughter is young and i didn't want her doing the friend thing on her own, that's why this occurred. Just, now that she's bought all the maps she'd like to benefit from them but we can't find them!

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 04:06 PM
Ok, since we've already paid the gold to get all the maps. . . who can tell me what they look like and where they are because i don't think we got anything - no maps.

Yes, you got them. Don't worry. :) they don't show up anywhere! In fact, you only know how many maps you have when you are about to start an expansion and you click on an expandable area. It will show that you have, for example, 3 out of 12 maps (12 being the needed number of maps, and 3 being the maps you have)

This is my image. I have 54 maps but need 64. :) i think i asked for the maps yesterday. Since we can only get 20 maps a day, i hope by tomorrow i will have all the maps i need!

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/image-19_zps5e1a0ca7.jpg

I may still try to ask for more maps, so that i can keep receiving maps while my expansion happens. It takes THREE DAYS to expand now. :p

DragonHeart0
01-08-13, 04:49 PM
Thanks Nefe!
Now we seem to have a bigger problem - expansion is frozen! I went to the expansion to see if ours said 64/64 (which we might expect if we have all the maps). At expansion i see 0/1 and when i press on expand, nothing happens ;o(. Oh no!!

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 05:12 PM
Thanks Nefe!
Now we seem to have a bigger problem - expansion is frozen! I went to the expansion to see if ours said 64/64 (which we might expect if we have all the maps). At expansion i see 0/1 and when i press on expand, nothing happens ;o(. Oh no!!

64 is, in my case, the number of maps i need because i am at a very high level! You need MUCH LESS MAPS than me, trust me ;)
In this case, you need only ONE map! So tap on the blue button "ask neighbors" (and not the yellow button, "buy all for x gold" ) and then select all the neighbors you have, even stormie's island. :) we'll send you the maps as soon as we receive the request you sent, and we will send you the map you need. ;)
In fact, if you ask all your neighbors (how many do you have?) you may receive enough maps that you won't need to ask for a second lr third expansion. Let me know how it turns out.

Nefertekas
01-08-13, 05:15 PM
And during an expansion you may also (purposefully or accidentally ) tap on the expansion. It will show you how long it will take to finish -same timer as for when you're breeding or hatching.
There is no need to spend gold on an expansion, trust me! Just wait it out. Tap on cancel, or "x" , or whichever button it is to close the "expansion timer" view. ;) always try to avoid yellow buttons!!
As has been said - gold is your most precious resource ;)

QuinnABug
01-08-13, 05:27 PM
Don't feel bad. I have done that too not knowing what I was doing. When you clicked to buy all the maps, it was only for that one expansion. So now that that one is over you need more maps for the next one. Also, since there are a lot a "gold traps" be careful where you tap. Just today I lost a lot of gold accidentally touching just off of the info button on a dragon in the market and bought it. So now I am only going to buy gold when I know I am going to buy something directly. If you need neighbors you can add me!

DragonHeart0
01-08-13, 06:49 PM
Oh man, this is too confusing. Are you all saying that now all of a sudden I need a map to expand? I never did before. I just clicked on one of the expansion boxes and it happened (just had to wait for the time). Do I now need both the silver and a map?

sweetstuff525
01-08-13, 06:52 PM
Oh man, this is too confusing. Are you all saying that now all of a sudden I need a map to expand? I never did before. I just clicked on one of the expansion boxes and it happened (just had to wait for the time). Do I now need both the silver and a map?

Yeah and they increase as you progress in expansions. The most expensive is 1 mil that's where I'm at but I need 1 mil and 64 maps but you can only receive 20 a day so that's atleast 3 days waiting on maps