PDA

View Full Version : Can't Download Bakery Story

DorindaGlam
01-07-13, 01:49 PM
I have been playing BS: Christmas Edition for several weeks. Now that Christmas is over, tried to download regular BS. Getting error "Package file is invalid" on install each time. Have restarted device twice. Do I need to uninstall Christmas Edition before installing regular version? Any other ideas?

Identical problem with Restaurant Story. Loaded Fashion Story and then Fashion Story:Christmas Ed. and both work fine.

HTC V One with Android HW vers 0002 SW vers. 1.08.652.11 710RD
Android vers 4.0.3
BS Christmas Ed. 1.5.6.4

Thanks for your help.

tehbaker
01-28-13, 03:33 AM
You shouldn't need to delete one version to download another. I have multiple version on my iPhone..

There's one thing you want to consider however - When TL releases holiday versions it replaces all other previous versions. This means holiday versions are *the most updated* version of the game. You want to keep a watch on the forums or check your app store for updates to the base game before deleting holiday editions. Reverting to non-holiday editions right after the holidays ends may cause you issues as well. The versions of the base game will be old - will not include new content and/or recipes all the time and could be unstable. Just hang onto your Xmas edition a bit longer - TL should release a Valentines BS soon (hopefully) or provide a base game update.

FrozenTurtle
01-28-13, 02:32 PM
I have been playing BS: Christmas Edition for several weeks. Now that Christmas is over, tried to download regular BS. Getting error "Package file is invalid" on install each time. Have restarted device twice. Do I need to uninstall Christmas Edition before installing regular version? Any other ideas?

Identical problem with Restaurant Story. Loaded Fashion Story and then Fashion Story:Christmas Ed. and both work fine.

HTC V One with Android HW vers 0002 SW vers. 1.08.652.11 710RD
Android vers 4.0.3
BS Christmas Ed. 1.5.6.4

Thanks for your help.

Are you still experiencing the issue? Have you tried clearing your cache? Please let us know if you need further assistance!