PDA

View Full Version : RS feedback and suggestions

alisacurls
01-06-13, 07:09 PM
First off, I love restaurant story, it's currently my favorite game on Android. I think its wonderfully designed, user friendly, and extremely entertaining. I like the variety of cooking appliances and food you can make. I also appreciate the holiday editions of the game as it flows seamlessly from the regular edition and we get more goals with rewards, not to mention a bunch of other holiday food, appliances and decor. Great work with all of that.

As an art student a gamer and a team lava fan, I thought I'd give my suggestions for what I'd like to see in restaurant story:

You have a good range of different foods you can make; from burgers and fries, to cupcakes, to pasta, lots of different meats, and even sushi. From here I'm going to say that I also see some foods missing. There's hardly any Mexican food, I see quesadillas and burritos, but what about tacos (beef, chicken, or fish), fajitas, enchiladas, & taco salads or even flan for dessert? Also, you have a few different kinds of burgers and even a turkey burger, but you have no veggie burgers or grilled chicken sandwich options.

You have lots of different appliances but here's an idea for one you don't have (yet)... a pizza oven! You could have different pizzas aside from the 2 or 3 you have now for the regular/holiday ovens. You could have cheese or different crazy topping pizzas, pan pizzas, personal pizzas, bagel pizzas, deep dish pizzas... the options are endless. I think it would be a cool new appliance for the game.

One more suggestion I have is that we get more food choices for the buildable appliances. It takes weeks to build these things sometimes, and then to finally use it and see that you only have a few food choices is pretty disappointing. For example, the ice cream machine really could use a few new flavors. Some I can think of that would be cool are strawberry, vanilla/chocolate twist, frozen yogurt, cookies & cream, creamsickle, cotton candy... there could be so many more. The same with the sushi counter. It takes 40 gifted parts to make it, and then you only have a few rolls, but what about other popular rolls such as veggie roll, avocado roll, spider roll, shrimp tempura, spicy tuna roll, & eel roll?

It would be great to see some of my ideas come to be in restaurant story, and as always, I'm excited to see what team lava has coming next! :)

Cheers!

drcullar
01-15-13, 10:56 AM
RS is great. I have one suggestion that I think should be implemented ASAP. The appliances are only visible when you reach the unlock level. I think so you can window shop and plan they should be viewable just like the food and the other items. A pop-up that tells you your next unlock level and max # of appliances for that level should display if someone tries to purchase.

chunkymonkie
03-15-13, 10:06 PM
I think the goals which require you to cook should specify which appliance you can the recipe on. For example, if the goals states "serve 30 chicken pot pies" it should also state "recipe found in basic oven". This way if you are new to the game, you don't end up wasting time setting out and storing appliances until you find the one you need.