PDA

View Full Version : Food consumption-How to speed up

MeAndBarney
01-06-13, 07:02 AM
I recently noticed that the patrons are consuming pretty much only the 4 coin foods, even though I have a lot of foods that go for more coins. Is this another way to restrict our earnings? Some of my neighbors have been noticing this as well, so it's not just my imagination. What's up TL? :confused:

AnnasCoffee
01-06-13, 07:55 AM
You probably just have more counters with 4 coin foods than any other vaule. Food is cleared from each counter at an even rate. If you have 10 counters, and 9 of those counters are 4 coin and only 1 counter is 10 coin, then your customers will eat 4 coin food 90% of the time.

How many counters do you have? How many counters with 4 coin food? How many counters with higher vaule food?

If you want to sell more 10 coin food... you have to have more counters with 10 coin food on them. In my bakery I have 19 counters total. 18 counters of 10 coin food and 1 counter with 4 coin food. I set it up like this so my high profit food sells out first. At the end of the day, all my Earl Grey Tea has sold out and I have 1 counter with jasmine tea.

MeAndBarney
01-06-13, 09:55 AM
Ah, I get it. I have a gazillion counters, am selling down food. Thanks for the info.

PoLaR1S
01-08-13, 12:12 AM
BTW,I have the same T-layout in both RS and BS.
I have 18 appliances in each, and have not used gems for additional appliance
In RS, I can barely keep up with the demand and food disappears by the time I'm done with the new set of cooking
in BS, I keep getting food piled up - at this rate, I think I could not cook anything for a year and there would still be food.
Is it 'slow' in BS just for me?

nky1111
01-08-13, 12:26 AM
in BS the ovens make MUCH more plates per hour.

jessfoh
01-10-13, 09:52 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know why my bakery isn't earning coins? It's like every time I visit my game, the coins are not increasing as fast as I used then to bake recipes :confused:

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 10:08 AM
It's very hard to earn coins in this game. If you are cooking a lot of short time (1 or 2 hour) dishes (that only sell for 4 coins a plate), you're coin total will actually go down instead of up.

If your cooking ONLY 4 coin per plate foods (to earn gems) your coin total will stay about the same everyday. The food just doesn't sell fast enough. Your 4 coin foods build up, your cash flow will be almost zero. To make coins in this game you need to cook food that sell for 10 or 12 coins per plate.

If you want to make THE MOST possible coins, I recommend doing these 3 things. ***WARNING, this isn't for everyone. Please chose what is right for YOUR bakery.***

1. Use an efficient floor plan. Cash registers/tables right next to the door. Don't let your customers walk more than 9 or 10 squares at most.

2. (chose one of the following)....

If you have a lot of food in your bakery ... Cook RED VELVET CAKE EVERYDAY and put it on as many counters as you have available.

OR

if you don't have very much food ... Cook one batch of Earl Grey Tea (sells for 10 coins per plate) and one batch of Jasmine Tea (so you dont run out of food) EVERYDAY.

3. Give up earning gems. Cooking 4 coin per plate food to earn gems "****s" your coin profit.

cilevans1989
01-10-13, 11:01 AM
How can you earn gems cooking food? I don't understand.

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 11:33 AM
How can you earn gems cooking food? I don't understand.

Like you said in your other thread ... by cooking to level 2 mastery (23 dishes) and level 4 mastery (83 dishes).

nky1111
01-10-13, 11:54 AM
if u running out of coins just stop baking for a while.. coins will start coming like crazy.
you running out of coins because in the bakery ovens cook alot of food and you overstock. see how much you have on your counters.
you can also increase number of counters.

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 11:57 AM
I would NOT stop cooking entirely. This will decrease your future earnings.

Even if you have 1,000,000 plates of food stocked up and you remaining cooking Red Velvet Cake everyday (on ALL 18 appliances) you can still sell out your bakery in 6 weeks.

So many of my neighbors have stopped baking or are only baking on a few appliances. This is NOT the best way to earn coins.

nky1111
01-10-13, 12:15 PM
yea the cake.. 14 per plate .is just like stopping for 22hours but +you get the cake

OpeningCeremony
01-10-13, 12:40 PM
yea i don't know what happened i went from like 2 million coins to 20,000 to 50,000 coins!! i bought a lot of decorations, tables/chairs of the holiday stuff in a panic because TL was going to remove them. but i'm pretty sure i didn't spend until i was below 200,000 coins. i can't afford to cook on all my ovens now and it's very sad. i feel like i just started playing and i am on level 81. :(

zifun
01-10-13, 01:13 PM
ugh! I'm having the same issue it's taking forever to earn coins, if I'm even earning any! I just noticed that love potion sells at 10 coins a plate too... I hope TL fixes this soon or else I won't have any coins or space to buy newer things :-/

nky1111
01-10-13, 02:32 PM
it already is the fix.. in RS they eat way too fast so here they increased the volume..

sweetstuff525
01-10-13, 02:36 PM
I'm earning quite a bit now since I'm only cooking winter cupcakes in 2 appliances and 16 are cooking red velvet

But have red velvet in many counters ... So now I'm earning 250k +

nky1111
01-10-13, 02:49 PM
on lower levels it's just perfect but when u get more ovens u start overstcking

also the infamous cappuccino 12 hr/7cpp. theres a spreadheet with all the stuff

dirtybeautiful
01-10-13, 03:05 PM
I was down to about 50 thousand, started baking pumpkin pie (2 day recipe) and I made it all the way up to 800 thousand in 3 days... the money is there to be made, you just need to cook LONG recipes so your food can sell while you are baking...

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 03:48 PM
Our "precious" 10 and 12 coin recipes, TL tried to take them away in Jan 2011. We kept them and they are ALL we can cook to keep are bakeries from "going under".

It's kinda funny. It's like TL telling us ... "oh yah, you want the 10 and 12 coin recipe... well have them. We'll just make ALL the other recipes WORTHLESS."

nky1111
01-10-13, 05:38 PM
it's not going under. it just decreases your daily profit by small amount., 10% or so. count it.
even with all 4 coin recipes it's enormous amount and u can buy anything out there in 2 days or so.
i'm now out of coins and have to stop baking for alittle just bcz i bought 10 !!!! boxes outright and all the big decors like irish and chinese statue

jessfoh
01-10-13, 06:03 PM
Before I can bake those 10/12 coins recipes, I'll have to clear my counters of food that have been stocked all these while right? Else, they would still be eating out those 4 coins food?
Man, I can cook cos I dun hv enough coins and had to use gems to change to coins ��

sweetstuff525
01-10-13, 06:36 PM
Before I can bake those 10/12 coins recipes, I'll have to clear my counters of food that have been stocked all these while right? Else, they would still be eating out those 4 coins food?
Man, I can cook cos I dun hv enough coins and had to use gems to change to coins ��

You don't have to clear your counters unless you want too

This is how my counters look messy but I'm making coins
http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj619/sweetstuff525/97799B40-46FD-40D8-9812-B390EE0DA774-598-000000EF85145E3B.jpg

But It has cleared old food out of counters

nky1111
01-10-13, 06:39 PM
just replace some decors and tables with counters, after they eat put them back. do you cook more different recipes than you have counters?? thats kinda difficult to achieve))))

if u out of coins and still have food on counters then just stop cooking and let them eat and pay for the food.
if u totally out ofcoins. and hwve no food then wait for daily bonus or sell something and bake brownies)))

nky1111
01-10-13, 06:41 PM
clearing the counters is a big mistake in bakery and u should never do it, ever.

AnnasCoffee
01-10-13, 07:06 PM

First, if your OUT of coins completely ... you WILL need to stop cooking for a day OR just collect daily bonus to get some coins. You need about 110,000 coins to cook Red Velvet Cake (on 18 appliances).

To answer your question ... You do NOT have to clear your counters. NEVER throw away food. You actually NEED the old food to make this plan work.

Red Velvet Cake (RVC) only makes 22,050 servings a day. Your bakery can sell 43,000 servings a day. You will sell out your old food while your cooking the RVC.

How many counters of RVC should you have? - it doesnt matter. The END results will be the same.

If you put it on lots of counters you will see more money in the beginning but less money in the end; also your "old" food will take longer to sell out. If you put the RVC all on one counter ... You won't see much change in profit the first few weeks but your food will sell out faster and you will make more money in the last few weeks. In the END .. Both methods give the same result. Tip: don't buy more counters if you don't have counters in storage.

But you won't start selling your "old" food until you start making the RVC.

Do you know how many plates of food you have in your bakery now (on all counters combined)? If you have 1,000,000 plates of "old" food, it will take 6 weeks to sell out your bakery. So, 3 weeks if you have 500,000. 12 weeks if you have 2,000,000.

Once your old food is gone, you can make 250,000 coins a day. Have fun:)

sinc823
01-10-13, 09:05 PM
I miss the good old days when I can cooking anything and buy anything I want without thinking twice.....
The only thing I had to worry about is gems and expansion...
Now I feel like I have to calculate everything before I buy anything!
This is a cooking game for Pete's sake....now we are limited to only cooking red velvet cake in order to make money and not go bankrupt....yes I know we are still making profit UNTIL THE FOOD SELLs OUT

Stueeeee
01-11-13, 03:35 AM
I miss the good old days when I can cooking anything and buy anything I want without thinking twice.....
This is a cooking game for Pete's sake....now we are limited to only cooking red velvet cake in order to make money and not go bankrupt....yes I know we are still making profit UNTIL THE FOOD SELLs OUT

HEAR HEAR!! This is exactly how I feel. There are loads of bakery games out there where u dont have to calculate thing and set your shop up carefully, or think twice before cooking. Remember TL, it's about FUN!

nky1111
01-11-13, 07:14 AM
I suppose you aren't suposed to reload all the ovens immediately.. so you just can relax and not set you alarm when they are ready.. if u collect 12hr dish 16-18hr later, or 6hr dish 8-10 hr later you'll never have to calculate anything and look up how many coins per plate it is.

nky1111
01-11-13, 07:24 AM
usually you don't know when you'll want to play? so you load 6 hr if it's 6-12 hr range and you're all set!
I never had to calculate anything before this christmas shopping spree happened ,and always had loads of coins.

nky1111
01-11-13, 07:43 AM
btw is there a limit how much a counter can hold? sems like 40000? once it collected all my key lime pie to one counter and there was exactly 40k so i fear i hit the limit and burned alot of it... so theres a pitfall

Stueeeee
01-11-13, 08:54 AM
btw is there a limit how much a counter can hold? sems like 40000? once it collected all my key lime pie to one counter and there was exactly 40k so i fear i hit the limit and burned alot of it... so theres a pitfall

I don't think there's a limit as I have millions of jasmine tea!

Stueeeee
01-11-13, 08:57 AM
I suppose you aren't suposed to reload all the ovens immediately.. so you just can relax and not set you alarm when they are ready.. if u collect 12hr dish 16-18hr later, or 6hr dish 8-10 hr later you'll never have to calculate anything and look up how many coins per plate it is.

I used to reload them straight away and it was fine (before September) and even now I go back a few hours after its ready, but everything cost thousands I lose coins so quick and am never in profit. I've been playing off n on for 2 years, and have only just recently looked up the coins per plate because of this.

I get what your saying but we shouldn't have to be so careful with coins, afraid to buy decorations, and actually bake in a bakery game. It's supposed to be fun!

310pnut
01-11-13, 08:57 AM
Hi,
Does anyone know why my bakery isn't earning coins? It's like every time I visit my game, the coins are not increasing as fast as I used then to bake recipes :confused:

I added ur bakery so I could see it and it looks fine but AnnaaCoffee is right but I dont see y it wouldnt

treesaregreen
01-12-13, 06:35 PM
I think this will help my bakery out. Thanks AnnasCoffee.

AnnasCoffee
01-12-13, 07:19 PM
I think this will help my bakery out. Thanks AnnasCoffee.

Aww thanks, that was nice to say. And your welcome!

I know a lot of new players are struggling to earn coins, I wanted to help people. There is more information in this thread if you want to know more about how to make coins fast ....

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44114-Bakery-not-earning-coins

Have fun :).

chrystalbelle
01-13-13, 05:07 AM
Yep I hate it

bawpotter
01-13-13, 07:25 AM
When making dishes in Bakery, you get many more plates per dish than Restaurant. This is normal, I have the same thing.

nky1111
01-13-13, 08:00 AM
...so what guys, i'm out of food!!!!! what happened? nothing happened, just my boxes came online.. 1 candy hatchery, 1shamrock and 1 world games so far.. +5 regular. so u can solve both at once, have nasty stuff on display and no overstock problem...

AnnasCoffee
01-13-13, 10:46 AM
I keep getting food piled up - at this rate, I think I could not cook anything for a year and there would still be food.

Piled up food is OK :). In fact it's a good thing. If you have piled up food don't be frustrated, DON'T throw away your food. Your sitting on a fortune.

You just needed to know how to get out of it. It's easy! If you have 1,000,000 plates of piled up food you can sell out your entire bakery AND have 23 MILLION coins in JUST 6 weeks.

How do you do it... cook RED VELVET CAKE everyday for 6 weeks. Watch your counters empty out and your coins go up. You'll be rich and happy:)

*Note: numbers are based on a bakery with 1,000,000 plates of "old" food. You NEED to have an efficient table set up (cash register and tables right next to the door). There are lots of threads about how to arrange your tables to sell food.

kooky panda
01-13-13, 10:50 AM
Merging these food consumption/how to make food sell faster threads together.

sollia
01-13-13, 05:04 PM
I used to play this game all the time but I stopped and ended up starting over on another device. I've forgotten most of what I knew about this game so I have a sort of silly question.

At first my food would sell even when I kept the door blocked, which I assumed was supposed to happen. But now my food will not sell unless I have customers constantly coming in to my bakery.

This is very inconvenient, because I used to wake up to clean counters and I could serve all the food I had going overnight but now most of my counters will be full when I return to my game.

Which of these is supposed to happen? And is it something I'm doing wrong or a glitch?

Stueeeee
01-13-13, 05:06 PM
When making dishes in Bakery, you get many more plates per dish than Restaurant. This is normal, I have the same thing.

Is there any chance this is going to change at all in the near future bawpotter??
This has become really frustrating, not only because of the prices, but because I can replay too much as I get too much food and have to manually remove. Whereas restaurant, as u know u can play lots and still run out of food.

One extreme to the other!

nky1111
01-13-13, 05:49 PM
if you have less than 100 happy,it sells VERY slow

nky1111
01-13-13, 05:58 PM
just relax youbdon't have to pick highest volume recipes anymore. you can choose longer recipes and not worry of getting flies any mre, also u can use more special ovens . in RS all this would empty the shop in no time so actually here's more fun

bawpotter
01-13-13, 07:19 PM
Is there any chance this is going to change at all in the near future bawpotter??
This has become really frustrating, not only because of the prices, but because I can replay too much as I get too much food and have to manually remove. Whereas restaurant, as u know u can play lots and still run out of food.

One extreme to the other!

My guess is that it will not. It has been like this ever since I started playing, over a year and a half ago. I may be wrong, but my assumption is that it will not change.

Stueeeee
01-14-13, 03:26 AM
My guess is that it will not. It has been like this ever since I started playing, over a year and a half ago. I may be wrong, but my assumption is that it will not change.

Thanks for the response. Shame that they wouldn't consider changing. I wouldn't mind so much if they changed the prices, then at least I could still play more without worrying I'd lose all my coins, but I'm sure you've heard this countless times since September!

anketam
01-14-13, 10:59 AM
Note that customer flow in Restaurant story is slower than BS, so it makes sense to have fewer servings per batch

dirtybeautiful
01-14-13, 11:44 PM
didnt know the bot flow is slower in RS... i thought it was faster because there is NO WAY i can keep my counters full in RS like I can in BS.... thanks for that info...

rene2222
01-14-13, 11:57 PM
it's really slow in earning coins in BS. Unlike RS, i notice too that RS earns coins faster.

Gypsy_Cat
01-15-13, 02:38 PM

***Standing ovation!!!**** I could not possibly agree more.

mskmm12
01-19-13, 05:29 AM
I have the same question

I used to play this game all the time but I stopped and ended up starting over on another device. I've forgotten most of what I knew about this game so I have a sort of silly question.

At first my food would sell even when I kept the door blocked, which I assumed was supposed to happen. But now my food will not sell unless I have customers constantly coming in to my bakery.

This is very inconvenient, because I used to wake up to clean counters and I could serve all the food I had going overnight but now most of my counters will be full when I return to my game.

Which of these is supposed to happen? And is it something I'm doing wrong or a glitch?

lilnut13
01-20-13, 12:11 PM
Im at a level 99 and I cant seem to ever get any money i have 11 million and where my husband plays just like me and at a lvl 99 and had 50+ million and growing. Any ideas what is going on and why I cant ever seem to get past that 11million mark???? Please and thank you for your help!!!! lilnut13

AnnasCoffee
01-20-13, 02:27 PM
Ways to EARN coins
*Having your cash register and tables RIGHT NEXT to the door
*cooking foods that sell for 8-12 coins per plate

Ways to LOSE coins(or just never gain any)
*Cooking to earn gems
*Cooking short time recipes (one hour, two hour, etc.)
*Doing goals
*Building lots of appliances
*Decorating
*expanding (using coins)
*Participating in contests (Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake)
*Having a pretty floor plan that allows customers to walk all over your bakery (instead of an efficient table layout designed to sell food).

You are probably doing more of the items on the second list than your husband.

lilnut13
01-20-13, 06:44 PM
BTW,I have the same T-layout in both RS and BS.
I have 18 appliances in each, and have not used gems for additional appliance
In RS, I can barely keep up with the demand and food disappears by the time I'm done with the new set of cooking
in BS, I keep getting food piled up - at this rate, I think I could not cook anything for a year and there would still be food.
Is it 'slow' in BS just for me?

Same here!!!

Dalielah
01-20-13, 11:45 PM
Does where you register is and table layout matter when the game is closed, or will it only affect when the game is open?

YeahBuddySmile
01-20-13, 11:49 PM
I have like only 15 conters but I run out of food a lot

AnnasCoffee
01-21-13, 09:40 AM
Does where you register is and table layout matter when the game is closed, or will it only affect when the game is open?

I wanted to know the answer to this question too:). I've read what others have said, but I wanted to see how it worked in my bakery. So, I just did some tests in my bakery. Each test was for 10 minutes, I multiplied the answers to show sales in 24 hours.

Here are my results...

Efficient Table Layout (ugly) with the App OPEN ...................... 79,920 plates
Efficient Table Layout (ugly) with the App CLOSED ................... 44,064 plates
Normal/Inefficient Table Layout (pretty) with the App OPEN ...... 14,256 plates
Normal/Inefficient Table Layout (pretty) with the App CLOSED ... 15,696 plates

In my bakery, there was a HUGE change in sales based on the floor plan. Using a normal/inefficient floor plan caused a decrease in sales whether the app was open or closed.

I'm going to keep my ugly/efficient floor plan:). I think its worth it for the increase in sales/coins. Without an efficient table layout your food piles up and you go broke.

If your worried about your bakery not being pretty... Just place the "efficient/eating area" in one corner of your bakery (it takes up an 8x9 area). The rest of your bakery can be decorated and pretty; just block it off so no customers can sit there... like a museum or a fancy dining room:)

sinc823
01-21-13, 12:20 PM
I wanted to know the answer to this question too:). I've read what others have said, but I wanted to see how it worked in my bakery. So, I just did some tests in my bakery. Each test was for 10 minutes, I multiplied the answers to show sales in 24 hours.

Here are my results...

Efficient Table Layout (ugly) with the App OPEN ...................... 79,920 plates
Efficient Table Layout (ugly) with the App CLOSED ................... 44,064 plates

In my bakery, there was a HUGE change in sales based on the floor plan. Using a normal/inefficient floor plan caused a decrease in sales whether the app was open or closed.

I'm going to keep my ugly/efficient floor plan:). I think its worth it for the increase in sales/coins. Without an efficient table layout your food piles up and you go broke.

If your worried about your bakery not being pretty... Just place the "efficient/eating area" in one corner of your bakery (it takes up an 8x9 area). The rest of your bakery can be decorated and pretty; just block it off so no customers can sit there... like a museum or a fancy dining room:)

Just wondering which version you are currently playing thanks!

srg70
01-21-13, 12:56 PM

Here are my results...

I would say my results are pretty consistent with what is listed here. I have the efficient layout, and then decorate around it. I leave my game open overnight, and usually closed during the day. Sometimes I leave it open all day. The difference in plates served is huge.

chewytwix
01-21-13, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure TL just lowered the sell rate again...I used to make 5k every 30 minutes yesterday and now I make 2.6k every 30 minutes. My set up and layout didn't change, but now I make nothing again unless I want to **** my ipod and leave the game on constantly -_-

AnnasCoffee
01-21-13, 01:34 PM
Just wondering which version you are currently playing thanks!

Christmas version IOS (1.6.4 ... I think)

AnnasCoffee
01-21-13, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure TL just lowered the sell rate again...I used to make 5k every 30 minutes yesterday and now I make 2.6k every 30 minutes. My set up and layout didn't change, but now I make nothing again unless I want to **** my ipod and leave the game on constantly -_-

chewytwix, what version are you on?

sinc823
01-21-13, 02:25 PM
Christmas version IOS (1.6.4 ... I think)

I still play hallowe'en version caused food seems to sell quicker

chewytwix
01-21-13, 02:29 PM
Halloween....

chewytwix
01-21-13, 02:35 PM
If Im selling only red velvet cakes, i make 22k per hr offline with no fancy setup

SakuraBlossom188
06-01-13, 08:55 AM
Hmm...mine is the EXACT OPPOSITE PROBLEM. My food sells out WAY TOO FAST! I just stocked up on 80,000 Red Velvet Cake and Earl Grey Tea, and overnight it sold out. I HATE having empty counters..BUT, I did earn alot of coins though :D

villeroy
06-01-13, 11:42 AM
Could you show your layout?

bobbyrae
06-01-13, 01:10 PM
Hmm...mine is the EXACT OPPOSITE PROBLEM. My food sells out WAY TOO FAST! I just stocked up on 80,000 Red Velvet Cake and Earl Grey Tea, and overnight it sold out. I HATE having empty counters..BUT, I did earn alot of coins though :D

My red velvets seem to go faster than everything else...then again I do have more counters of em. :rolleyes:
But the other hundreds of thousands of stuff on the other counters seem to just stubbornly sit there in rebellion. Refusing to go away. And it has only been a few weeks since I started playing again. Smh.

Loxieland
06-02-13, 09:07 PM
I turned all my chairs so customers can't sit except 26 chairs that are closest to the doors. And I have 2 doors with blocking so that customers can't cross to the other half of the bakery. This helps move them in and out fast and I'm always out of food but don't have all appliances yet.

Loxieland
06-02-13, 09:10 PM
Should have said 2 doors and 2 registers.

somamom
04-04-15, 06:47 AM
It's very hard to earn coins in this game. If you are cooking a lot of short time (1 or 2 hour) dishes (that only sell for 4 coins a plate), you're coin total will actually go down instead of up.

If your cooking ONLY 4 coin per plate foods (to earn gems) your coin total will stay about the same everyday. The food just doesn't sell fast enough. Your 4 coin foods build up, your cash flow will be almost zero. To make coins in this game you need to cook food that sell for 10 or 12 coins per plate.

If you want to make THE MOST possible coins, I recommend doing these 3 things. ***WARNING, this isn't for everyone. Please chose what is right for YOUR bakery.***

1. Use an efficient floor plan. Cash registers/tables right next to the door. Don't let your customers walk more than 9 or 10 squares at most.

2. (chose one of the following)....

If you have a lot of food in your bakery ... Cook RED VELVET CAKE EVERYDAY and put it on as many counters as you have available.

OR

if you don't have very much food ... Cook one batch of Earl Grey Tea (sells for 10 coins per plate) and one batch of Jasmine Tea (so you dont run out of food) EVERYDAY.

3. Give up earning gems. Cooking 4 coin per plate food to earn gems "****s" your coin profit.

I agree. But along with not selling the food fast enough, it also depends on your bakery layout. For example, when I want to make lots of coins b/c I'm low, I reassemble my bakery so that I save enough space for seating, but not too excessively. The rest of the space is filled with appliances and tipping tables. This is so that the bots won't spend as much time walking to find a seat. That will waste time. But if you put seating close and easily accessible for your bots, you'll earn more. You can't really make it look too pretty, but it's possible. Don't spend money on decor, only dishes. Tip people, they'll usually tip back. Hope this helps everyone!