PDA

View Full Version : Expand Bakery

rocketsmama
01-05-13, 03:33 PM
Well I have come to the conclusion that my small bakery will remain small because I am not spending 40 gems and I hardly doubt that I will make 8 million dollars to expand to the next square footage. It just bums me out that they have resorted to such high prices. If I had a bigger bakery, I would have more room buy more things to put in it. Does team lava not like the people that play their games????? :confused:

nky1111
01-05-13, 05:03 PM
Coins are cheap here. You can make 8 million maybe in a month or so. Basically the bakery size means playing time here. Should there be some prize for a half year or a year of playing? it's size.
Otherwise there'll be alot of maxed out bakeries and hard to view them.

funnyhamsters
01-05-13, 05:04 PM
lol ive made alot of coins in a WEEK

anketam
01-06-13, 09:50 AM
I personally prefer compact bakeries. They load faster than big ones. On Restaurant story I had the goal of NOT expanding at all, was quite hilarious to see such a crammed shop.

Flashygrrl
01-06-13, 04:14 PM
LOL I'm trying REALLY hard to not expand. As it is, I'm having to change ALL my wall and floor color to make the new expanded part I did have to get match and not have to spend gems since they made it that lovely shade of orange that DOES cost gems. Coincidence? Yeah right....

cc_phillybakery
04-24-14, 12:57 PM
Hmmm?? Soooo, is it why many bakeries are larger than my own..due to those spending (gems) oppose to spending money??? never noticed my having that option..Allow me to to put in my own 2 cents one should have the option of using: gems/ and or coins. Thanks!!

nmishii
04-24-14, 01:22 PM
You can use either coins or gems to expand. The options are next to each other in the expansion tab.

I am at max expansion. I got my last expansion a couple of weeks ago. It was 60M coins. It took me almost 10 1/2 months to save from my previous expansion of 40M coins at the end of May 2013. I got all my expansions using coins.

cc_phillybakery
04-24-14, 01:58 PM
In addition to my last post, on the last tab the only option to purchase are coins, via gems…Ive seen many bakeries much later than mine so I do not understand why I do NOT have the option of not being able to expand my bakery gems and or coins. ANy suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

chewytwix
04-24-14, 02:22 PM
You can use either coins or gems to expand. The options are next to each other in the expansion tab.

I am at max expansion. I got my last expansion a couple of weeks ago. It was 60M coins. It took me almost 10 1/2 months to save from my previous expansion of 40M coins at the end of May 2013. I got all my expansions using coins.

DANG. Congrats! I'm still saving for my final expansion...I still need more than 10 million coins. I had my last expansion in end of May as well, but I've redecorated three times and did all the goals...you must not have bought anything except recipes!

Anyway, that's aHUGE accomplishment. I'm still feeling the pain.

sweetsuccess007
04-25-14, 04:09 AM
40 gems are approx $10. Why would you wait a year to get what you want?!... How long will it take you to earn $10? How long will it take you to earn several million coins?

chewytwix
04-25-14, 04:14 AM
40 gems are approx $10. Why would you wait a year to get what you want?!... How long will it take you to earn $10? How long will it take you to earn several million coins?

I did everything else in the game...all goals. This is my PERSONAL goal, so besides this one, there isn't anything else I'm working on. There's more satisfaction with waiting and earning than instant gratification. Plus I have more options for decorating.

If I were new and saw all these bigger bakeries, I'd be tempted to expand with gems so I can "catch up." To be honest, I'm also not sure of the longevity of these story games because of how TL operates so I don't want to invest and buy gems.

sweetsuccess007
04-25-14, 04:25 AM
I see! Fair enough if it is a personal goal! Good luck :)

filochick1982
04-25-14, 06:54 AM
You could earn a million coins every 4 days in bakery if you knew how. I was all about instant gratification regarding bakery size so I bought with gems for the last 3 expansions and have no regrets. My personal goal is instead to master every single recipe including the ones from special appliances and NOT throw any food out but instead patiently wait til they all sold out. I'm about 2 weeks away from reaching this goal. Only then will I feel "up-to-date" with this game.

bobbyrae
04-25-14, 10:04 AM

Ooooh congrats!!! So now you've done everything there is to do. :p

DANG. Congrats! I'm still saving for my final expansion...I still need more than 10 million coins. I had my last expansion in end of May as well, but I've redecorated three times and did all the goals...you must not have bought anything except recipes!

Anyway, that's aHUGE accomplishment. I'm still feeling the pain. i need so much money to get to the final expansion that it seems impossible. Lol.

Because not all of us are willing to spend that $10 in real money for pixels that do not belong to us at the end of the day.

You could earn a million coins every 4 days in bakery if you knew how. I was all about instant gratification regarding bakery size so I bought with gems for the last 3 expansions and have no regrets. My personal goal is instead to master every single recipe including the ones from special appliances and NOT throw any food out but instead patiently wait til they all sold out. I'm about 2 weeks away from reaching this goal. Only then will I feel "up-to-date" with this game. We often knock heads on this but I truly respect you for being so patient. I dumped food and now am right back where I started with a massive amount of food again, since I decided to just master the last few appliances I had. Sigh. My goal now is to just keep on mastering and not freak out at the hundreds of thousands of food piling up on my counters. I only have three more appliances to go - fruit juicer, vampire machine thing and the witch cauldron thing. The last two I had originally not planned to build at all but have now decided to just do it and be done. When I am done with those then I will join you in patiently waiting for my food to sell out. It probably will take me about ten years for that to happen :-/

AngelaM_93
04-25-14, 11:01 AM
Why don't you try to save up gems that we get from installing other games? I have 5 more expansions to go untill I'm fully expaneded, and I payed all of the 80gems and 2 or 3 40gems expands with the gems I saved up. I didn't spend a penny on it. Although I prefer to decorate with coins, so most of my gems go on expanding(I only bought a few gem costing decorations that I really loved)

zeldashepard
04-25-14, 01:46 PM
Why don't you try to save up gems that we get from installing other games? I have 5 more expansions to go untill I'm fully expaneded, and I payed all of the 80gems and 2 or 3 40gems expands with the gems I saved up. I didn't spend a penny on it. Although I prefer to decorate with coins, so most of my gems go on expanding(I only bought a few gem costing decorations that I really loved)

A lot of players are iOS players and therefore don't get gem rewards for downloading games or new seasonal versions/etc.

Plus, some people would rather save gems for decorating than expanding (like me).

chewytwix
04-25-14, 02:07 PM
Oh yeah it's possible to get a million per day, but I don't want to **** the battery life of my iPad, or jam my home button by overusing it (I did that with my touch when I was playing bs last year) so I can patiently wait a few more months (I still want to do every goal). Plus, I've sold all the food I've stockpiled over a year ago and mastered all the recipes except for the new ones this month (I only bought three machines cause I was cheap!). So I think with all the goals, and the fact that I still buy a few nice items each week, I only earn one million per week. I'm okay with this amount as long as TL doesn't hike the price again.

nmishii
04-25-14, 05:31 PM
It's been my personal goal to master everything, and reach Max levels and max expansions in farm, rs, and bs without intentionally speeding anything up. I have never bought gems. I have over 500 earned gems in bs so I could easily have expanded using gems if I wanted. But then I wouldn't have achieved my goal.

After they stopped farm updates, I lost interest in these games but wanted my last bs expansion. i decorate for goals and sometimes for weekly updates, but in general I lost interest. When there are no goals I get on my games just before reset and just after. Now that I've expanded, and am sure RS will stop having updates soon, I may stop these games.

filochick1982
04-25-14, 05:36 PM
^ why bother stockpiling gems if you are at max expansion and don't really care much for decorating? There's no point to having that many gems if you don't spend it. Just hope you dont fall into a gem trap and lose it all.

nmishii
04-25-14, 06:42 PM
I buy what I want with gems, but don't always want things. I used to be totally against buying things you wouldn't find in a real bakery or restaurant, but gave up on that. I wish I didnt have that many gems since it would make quitting easier.

bobbyrae
04-25-14, 07:54 PM
Just blow it all on boxes!! Lol. By the time i'm done in farm story I'll probably have that many gems. And then I'll quit. Sigh. So sad.

ElaineCarrel
04-26-14, 12:58 PM
My last few expansions were w gems that I earned. I'm fully expanded. There r times I wish I hadn't gotten as lrg as I am bcuz it makes remodeling hard on the pocketbook. I've never purchased gems 4 expansion reasons. In the past I got quite a few gems from downloading, installing and then playing all of those various TL games. I would play them until I'd earned all the possible gems and then I would delete them.

SinCityBakery
04-27-14, 04:22 AM
I think this is a personal decision. I have enough coins for my next expansion and just haven't done it. I love to remodel and have tons of things in storage. I like my bakery to match and I don't want it to feel cluttered. I just don't have a need for more floor space.

sweetsuccess007
04-27-14, 06:23 AM
Believe me, I am not spending real money on 'pixels', lol. I am spending real money on a very real and well deserved pleasure. The pleasure of playing a fun game my way, the joy it gives me is the actual thing I am buying. Something like paying for a massage, really. Or paying for a cinema ticket - you don't get to own the movie, do you? But you still pay to watch it ;) Life is too short - cheer up :)

Because not all of us are willing to spend that $10 in real money for pixels that do not belong to us at the end of the day.

filochick1982
04-27-14, 06:36 AM
Agreed. You're not paying for pixels. Anyway, the pixels do belong to you because while they belong to TL design wise, you've purchased a copy loaded into your game account and no one else can play it so it's not like anyone can take it away from you!

Believe me, I am not spending real money on 'pixels', lol. I am spending real money on a very real and well deserved pleasure. The pleasure of playing a fun game my way, the joy it gives me is the actual thing I am buying. Something like paying for a massage, really. Or paying for a cinema ticket - you don't get to own the movie, do you? But you still pay to watch it ;) Life is too short - cheer up :)

gabbysmom87
04-27-14, 07:21 AM
I spent gems on my full size bakery. I have 0 patience. I mean I spent coins on the first several expansions but after that.. Lol I think it's awesome for the ppl that wait n use coins!

bobbyrae
04-27-14, 10:40 AM
Agreed. You're not paying for pixels. Anyway, the pixels do belong to you because while they belong to TL design wise, you've purchased a copy loaded into your game account and no one else can play it so it's not like anyone can take it away from you!

Have a look at the Terms under which you play. The pixels, alas, do not belong to you and can be taken away at any time by the owners of these pixels. It has happened before as you know. I suspect this is why some players (including me) prefer to use earned gems instead of paying for them.

Please note that I do not take issue with any player choosing to spend real money on the game. I actually enjoy seeing and love to visit well decorated bakeries and restaurants. I have one neighbour who spends quite a bit of real money on her game and I love going to visit because she is so creative in her designs and so free with her money :p

zeldashepard
04-29-14, 09:53 AM
I just went for my next expansion to celebrate reaching level 99 last night. That's 8,000,000 coins gone. Yikes. That hurts lol. I've been using coins and coins only to expand, though I have nothing against those who use gems. I'd rather use mine for decorating since I have a very limited amount of real money I can afford to spend on gems.

I've decided to stop cooking for a while and let my food sell off to save up some money. Well see how long this takes lol.