PDA

View Full Version : Cedar planked fish ?

hentie2
01-04-13, 05:31 PM
What is a cedar planked fish?
It appears in the update news when I open up my restaurant

I've looked in wall items for a picture of a fish mounted on cedar wood ?

Or am I mistaken and its fish served on a plank of cedar wood? I have looked on appliances but only founded stuffed lamb!

What is it? where is it?

,Maybe it's the end Result of the mystery goals because I have no idea what I'm supposed to be working towards just costing me excessive coins so far!

scrappy28
01-04-13, 05:36 PM
What is a cedar planked fish?
It appears in the update news when I open up my restaurant

I've looked in wall items for a picture of a fish mounted on cedar wood ?

Or am I mistaken and its fish served on a plank of cedar wood? I have looked on appliances but only founded stuffed lamb!

What is it? where is it?

,Maybe it's the end Result of the mystery goals because I have no idea what I'm supposed to be working towards just costing me excessive coins so far!

The recipe is in the grill appliance. It is the first recipe on the grill.

JohnDede
01-04-13, 05:36 PM
It's a dish on the standard grill appliance.

acbdghj
01-04-13, 07:13 PM
Its on the basic grill. It is the first one in the cookbook. Cedar planked fish takes 1 hour.

Flashygrrl
01-06-13, 03:44 AM
It's really only good for a low level-player otherwise there are other dishes more worth your time.

yumbrad
01-08-13, 02:27 PM
It's really only good for a low level-player otherwise there are other dishes more worth your time.

I disagree, unless by "low level" you mean < 100 - if you happen to want to maximize experience earned per hour, this new dish blows everything else away. I was quite surprised by the numbers on it. I'm not counting french toast, since that requires doing nothing else but the game and the xp/hr is reduced quite a bit from the theoretical by the overhead of so much tapping. Also, you can grind experience if you've got money to burn by making food and throwing it away, but again - tap tap tap tap. For keeping food and gaining xp, this dish is great!

Azumanga_
01-09-13, 01:00 PM
a profit of 2.65 per eaten portion. That's a good price. And 90XP per prepared stack for a hour is great.

cgval47
01-12-13, 05:50 PM
It's really only good for a low level-player otherwise there are other dish are worth your time.

Ehhh..not to sure about that. I went from lvl 91 to 92 with this recipe almost. Its worth 90xp per hour. I think the next best is t-bones at 30

Flashygrrl
01-13-13, 01:38 PM
OK so the math makes it a good dish. It just doesn't seem like fun to make the same dish over and over for the sake of leveling up. I guess I just like seeing all sorts of different dishes on my counters and being happy when I get a new dish I can use, especially if I'm in a mood and want to only fix breakfast dishes, or dishes with beef. Leveling quickly might make more things available quicker but it takes the challenge out of it.

supersamdiner
06-23-13, 12:40 PM
With cedar planked fish, you get 90XP for just a 1 hour recipe! Most 16 hour recipes give around 140 XP while this 1 hour recipe gives 90!?!? too good to be true?

bobbyrae
06-23-13, 03:31 PM
If you need xp, yes it's a dream recipe. :)

cherryberry9
06-23-13, 03:58 PM
It truly is a dream recipe, helped me get to lvl 99

missveronica33
06-25-13, 05:35 PM
Ehhh..not to sure about that. I went from lvl 91 to 92 with this recipe almost. Its worth 90xp per hour. I think the next best is t-bones at 30

Has anyone else noticed that the XP just changed for the cedar planked fish?? I just used it about an hour ago, I go to set up some more and it is now 20 something XP!!!

HNO3
06-25-13, 06:08 PM
Oh no! They nerfed it!

optimusprimerib
06-25-13, 07:52 PM
I guess it's no longer a dream recipe now since they reduce XP from 90 to 26.

optimusprimerib
06-25-13, 07:55 PM
Too bad...it was such a great recipe to level up quickly.

zenyxo
06-26-13, 06:19 AM
why Cedar planked fish ? reduce XP 26?????
Now, how to up lever quick???

bobbyrae
06-26-13, 08:41 AM
Wow...smh...I guess it will just take a lot longer now. So just look for the highest xp earning dish and cook that. Or buy things that are high in xp. There should be a list somewhere on this forum.

seemore123
06-26-13, 12:53 PM
What'sup with that? What rationale would theyhave to change the XP on an item? Dumplings 4X an hour is more XP anywho.

TinksThots
06-26-13, 02:03 PM
What'sup with that? What rationale would theyhave to change the XP on an item? Dumplings 4X an hour is more XP anywho.
Because people were saying they liked something. Surefire way to lose it.

bobbyrae
06-26-13, 02:58 PM
There you go then...lol

Perhaps one of those handy efficient mods can explain what happened with the xp. Was it intentional or by accident?

TinksThots
06-26-13, 03:03 PM
There you go then...lol

Perhaps one of those handy efficient mods can explain what happened with the xp. Was it intentional or by accident?
I heard there were new recipes with the last update, so it was probably an accident while they were programming those in. They'll get it put back shortly I'm sure.

KittyLucky
06-28-13, 08:10 PM
So sad i never make this recipe when it has the highest xp ever !!! So what the best recipe to make leveling up quickly ? Anyone know ?? :)

TinksThots
06-28-13, 08:37 PM
So sad i never make this recipe when it has the highest xp ever !!! So what the best recipe to make leveling up quickly ? Anyone know ?? :)
This (http://supremedynasty.com/tl/restaurant_recipes_all.html) is the quickest way to compare numbers on recipes without having to pull all your appliances out and scroll all day. Links are on the left for all her other charts. (Thanks sehana!)

aileeniweeni
06-28-13, 09:00 PM
i'll flag over the cedar planked fish xp change.

and_soares
06-29-13, 12:23 PM
With cedar planked fish, you get 90XP for just a 1 hour recipe! Most 16 hour recipes give around 140 XP while this 1 hour recipe gives 90!?!? too good to be true?

? uma pena, pois a partir da ?ltima atualiza??o o xp dela caiu para 26.

TinksThots
06-29-13, 12:48 PM
? uma pena, pois a partir da ?ltima atualiza??o o xp dela caiu para 26.
Isso mudou recentemente. Eles estao verificando-lo para descobrir o porque. :)

PenguinFlop
06-29-13, 05:08 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, but this change to the experience was made intentionally. It was done to balance out the recipe.

TinksThots
06-29-13, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay, but this change to the experience was made intentionally. It was done to balance out the recipe.
Thank you, sincerely, for the clear and precise response. Even when the news is... a bummer, to say the least... it's much better to get a definite answer, rather than sit here speculating page after page and never really know for sure what's up with something. It's a relief, and is appreciated, whether it's what we wanted to hear or not. So :( and :) at the same time. R.I.P. Cedar Plank Fish, your 90XP/hr will surely be missed.

TinksThots
06-29-13, 06:46 PM
P.S. Delay? You replied in 4 days and 15 posts. That's incredible! There are questions all over this forum that have been waiting years for answers, that keep getting bumped, yet still get nothing. Hopefully those will start getting caught up with too! :D

Stueeeee
08-15-13, 02:23 PM
So how come restaurant loses this high XP recipe but Bakery keeps jasmine tea at 84 XP an hour? And when is the level cap changing???

bobbyrae
08-15-13, 06:54 PM
So how come restaurant loses this high XP recipe but Bakery keeps jasmine tea at 84 XP an hour?
Shhh...not so loud! That may just quietly disappear too..