PDA

View Full Version : What holiday/seasonal recipes are you baking before Jan. 7???

electrikbarbarella
01-04-13, 09:03 AM
What recipes are you baking before the seasonal/holiday removal? Right now, I'm baking gingerbread cookies. Wish we'd had more notice. I'd love to bake the autumn cake but I don't think there is enough time left. :(

centralgirl2010
01-04-13, 09:09 AM
I don't think the gingerbread is considered seasonal... I think it is a regular recipe if I'm not mistaken...

I'm working on the autumn cookies (which will be done soon) and will try to do the autumn cake before the deadline....

electrikbarbarella
01-04-13, 09:22 AM
Oh bummer! The gingerbread cookies are not seasonal. I just started making jam cookies and candy apples, probably missed the boat on them too. lol A list would have been so nice, and some extra time since most of us never got the notice and found out days later.

electrikbarbarella
01-04-13, 09:26 AM
I don't think the gingerbread is considered seasonal... I think it is a regular recipe if I'm not mistaken...

I'm working on the autumn cookies (which will be done soon) and will try to do the autumn cake before the deadline....

I want to make the autumn cake, but with 18 ovens and so little time I wasn't sure it was doable. Do you think the World Games recipes will go? And the Seashell cupcakes, Beach cupcakes and Watermelon cake?

kimikayyz
01-04-13, 10:55 AM
It's just holiday stuff. I went ahead and mastered the Peppermint Mocha, since it's a Xmas item. I'd mastered most of the other holiday content on the ovens...I'm currently working on Holiday Waffles and PB Choc Cake (don't know for sure if that PBC cake is 'holiday', but don't want to chance it). I'm also waiting for parts for one of the Easter Holiday items. I could care less about toast...or the brawny muffins, even though I'm at 3 1/2 with each. I'll work on those over the weekend if I see fit. Other cute things are more important to me.

I'm also working toward mastery on the gingerbread house in Restaurant...I'm at a middle level though, so I only have 12 appliance places. I just started that game a few months ago, so I'm getting there. Mastery in RS is taking longer due to limited appliances though.

Seems like World games should go, as it's not a yearly thing, but TL specifically said Holiday...so who knows. The Beach, Seashell and Watermelon items are for a season (summer), not a "holiday" so I don't believe those are going away either. Until we get a list from TL (if we do), there's no way to know for sure....which is a shame...I know everyone is speculating and scrambling at this point. I didn't even get the pop-ups everyone was talking about...I found out here yesterday. I would've been furious on Monday if I hadn't found out some how, as this is my first year with these games...I haven't gone through this before like some who've been playing for a couple years. I'll say this though...from now on, if I really like a specific holiday recipe, I'm going to master it as fast as I can, so I don't risk losing it next time they clean up the servers.

310pnut
01-04-13, 11:08 AM
I have gotten 4 stars in all of them and now I'm doing the new goals. Baking the red velvet cooking and the raspberry macaroons.

centralgirl2010
01-04-13, 12:35 PM
Ditto on mastering the holiday recipes.... I'll knock those out as fast as I can from now on.

rosewaterlily
01-04-13, 02:13 PM
I'm working on the Chinese New Year ones, trying to get Peking dust and and sweet bean cake to level 2 mastery (sticky cake and fortune cookies already level 2) and the gymnastic cake from world games to level 2 (podium cake already at level 2) to get those gems. I think egg tart might be Chinese New Year too but it's a day recipe and I haven't even mastered level 1 and only have 17 appliance slots, so I may have to let that one go. Maybe I'll try to get autumn cake to level 2 for a gem if I have time left. I know all those recipes were released in 2012--one presumes the older recipes are all safe, even if they are holiday themed. Don't think I'll bother with level 4 mastery though, too much effort. Sehana has a list (http://supremedynasty.com/tl/bakery_recipes_all.html) of when all the 2012 recipes were released. The new "Christmas" recipes don't seem holiday specific at all and I have them all mastered to level 3 at least--so I'll probably let those go too because there's already tons of toast and muffins on my counter and I'd rather bake something else. I mastered the Halloween ones a long time ago since I figured those would definitely be pulled.

sweettreatsbakery
01-04-13, 10:57 PM
Do you have to master each recipe to level 2 or level 4 for it to stay in your game?

srg70
01-04-13, 11:04 PM
Do you have to master each recipe to level 2 or level 4 for it to stay in your game?

Level 4

strawberryswiftie
01-05-13, 02:03 PM
I haven't unlocked most of these yet :(