PDA

View Full Version : 3rd shard, finally got it and it glitched itself gone

CoreysDrags
01-03-13, 01:27 AM
Same bug that hit me with the armor quest hit me with the 3rd shard. I collected it, finally, and filled what I could. Coins, petals, and 34/40 of glimmer dust. Then the game hiccups, the tablet is untapped, and I have no 3rd shard or quest for it, and tablet doesn't give it again.

To add insult to injury, all those purple petals and glimmer are gone. I could deal with collecting the armor quest a 2nd time, but I've spent waaaay too long collecting from the tablet to just idly take this one on the chin, assuming i even CAN still get it. Please help me replace the shard, as I enjoy the game immensely and would like to continue playing it.

Thanks!

arale_norimaki
01-03-13, 02:23 AM
What kind of glitch is this? I mean, I could understand if you lost your shard and got back your stuff. But losing the shard AND your petals, coins and glimmerdust? That simply does not make sense.
I would contact TL at support@teamlava.com and ask for it to be fixed: ideally, you should get your shard back. Second option, get your coins, petals and GD

CoreysDrags
01-03-13, 03:49 AM
It's a weird bug. It's almost like those rare times when the game hiccups and you lose the last 10 seconds or so, with the little knight running on your screen to tell you the game is loading. I got the quest, read the dialogue, filled the quest reqs minus the last 6 GDs (I had been using GD for stuff, not knowing this was coming), scrolled to the top to read what the reward was, and the little knight started running on that quest screen. It loads, and tablet is uncollected again plus I'm out the items. Bleh.

I'll try to contact that email addy tho thanks! I feel for anyone else who gets hit by this.

CottageRose
01-03-13, 07:36 AM
It's stories like this that worry me, and it's really unsettling for something rare like a shard. Seems like the devs might need to look into rethinking their sync, and keep items, quests, status on the client until actually validating that all transaction and status data has been successfully copied to the server. Just a thought from a data integrity perspective (InfoSec) ...

midnightmeerkat
01-03-13, 12:09 PM
It's stories like this that worry me, and it's really unsettling for something rare like a shard. Seems like the devs might need to look into rethinking their sync, and keep items, quests, status on the client until actually validating that all transaction and status data has been successfully copied to the server. Just a thought from a data integrity perspective (InfoSec) ...

This post would be good posted on the bug and feedback forum

justinbieber4444
01-03-13, 07:48 PM
I got the shard but no quest! I'm waiting to see if I have to collect from the tablet again to see if the quest will pop up then

maguar
01-03-13, 11:30 PM
I got the shard but no quest! I'm waiting to see if I have to collect from the tablet again to see if the quest will pop up then

Have you double checked that the shard is still in your inventory? If it's not there may have been a synch issue meaning that the shard didn't stay in your account. If you have the shard and haven't had the goal email support@teamlava.com with your ID, game and issue.

CoreysDrags
01-03-13, 11:35 PM
Nothing yet from my email. What's general turnaround for support tickets?

Every time I click the tablet now a little piece of me feels *****ed when I get nothing after having gotten and lost it already :/

maguar
01-03-13, 11:45 PM
It can take a couple of business days. Don't forgot that there's been a holiday so there would be less people working.

CoreysDrags
01-04-13, 02:13 PM
Got stupid lucky and got the third shard again. Beats the heck out of the weeks of waiting for each of the other shards!

Now I just gotta reacquire the GD and petals...

PikaSquirrel
01-04-13, 03:57 PM
Seems you experienced a sync error earlier. Make sure you're connection is stable to avoid these errors. Glad to hear that you got it again already :)

CoreysDrags
01-05-13, 04:00 AM
Ya it sounds and feels like just a sync error. What I don't get is why my resources were still lost after the re-sync. It suggests that quests and items sync in a different fashion.

If it helps with info, the quest was blank when I got it the second time. So items spent initially, quest lost, items stayed lost, quest reacquired, and items not applied to the quest. It's a weird series of events no matter how you look at it. Only thing I'm not sure on is if coins stayed lost... Once you're close to a mil coins, you tend to stop noticing them.

CoreysDrags
01-05-13, 04:02 AM
Oh and connection was perfectly stable. At least, as stable as home-based 24/7 wifi can be with no one else using the bandwidth.