PDA

View Full Version : Update for android?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

lylahmae
01-18-13, 11:39 AM
To put any concerns to rest, the assumptions that Android will not receive updates is false. The Android platform is supported for Dragon Story. Please see this post (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43532-Update-for-android&p=510500&viewfull=1#post510500) for details on why feature updates take as long as they do. ^_^

Also, the platform you play on does not affect your chance of getting any Dragon, LE or otherwise.
I am not blaming you for this really. I know myself and I believe many others would like to hear from somebody in charge. Is anyone being held accountable for this delay? I work retail I know How this works, if your paying customers are not happy you fix it. You do whatever it takes to make it right. While it may not be possible to get us all the updates we should get something. Also what evidence is there that we will ever get these updates why should we think they are ever coming? Has TL shown us anything that would lead us to believe this to be true?

[S8] Elsa
01-18-13, 11:50 AM
I do appreciate you taking the time to respond Pony, at least we aren't being completely ignored. This isn't directed toward you at all. I know you aren't the person making the decision on what is being developed and what is on the back burner. Please don't take this personally, I assure you it is not. :)

New Dawn was released for ios on Sept. 20, 2012 according to Storm8 blog (http://blog.storm8.com/tagged/New-Dawn). It was not until late November that a morsel of the content was released for Android. Two months later (4 months since ND was released to ios) we still don't have the boosts or decor. Pretty obvious we likely won't see it either. Yet we continue to pay the outrageous fees to clear off the land we unlock. During that time rather than working to get android caught up, more content is released for ios that we don't have access too. Instead we are offered to purchase the craftable dragons at a very high price in gold. That's insult to injury! Why not allow us to purchase them with coin instead of real money? That may have pacified android users a little more.

Here's what I see..It's not possible to give android access to the trading buildings but it is possible for us to purchase the dragons. It isn't possible to give us access to the album or New Dawn features; but, it is possible to give us the ND dragons and farms. Seems to me like android has most certainly been pushed aside, at least for the time being. The LE's were released to both platforms at the same time without problems.

Of course Dragon Story is supported for android, we can still connect to your servers. However, the only thing we can do it expand land and sell off the 1 millionth common dragon we just breed looking for the rares. Can't even trade them in, we get 100 coins for each one. On top of that we are completely left out of updates for the last few weeks, without a word as to when we might see something from us. How much longer does TL expect us to have blind faith in a company with a proven record of only giving android a portion of the content and features ios games have?? (This is true for all three TL games I play, not just ds.) Sorry for the soapbox rant, I am just so frustrated.

No worries, everyone needs a good rant sometimes.

You're discussing features versus items. Dragons and Habitats are like items and Boosts is a feature. Features take longer because they change how the game interacts. Basically: coding how the game interacts with all of the other parts of the game, UI changes, art, animations, testing the features, and a lot of other technical magic that I'm not familiar with. It's not like pushing a button, it's more like writing a symphony & making sure it sounds awesome, everything is timed perfectly, and all the instruments are playing the right notes -- then making sure it's compatible with a few hundred Android devices with a wide range of specs.

Craftable Dragons are available on the Market because they're existing colors. For example: Sapphire is Blue, Emerald is Green, and Ruby is Red. Crafting them, however, is a feature. The Pink element (new color) is a feature, so those Dragons can't be implemented until the feature is available for the game.

I hope that helps. :3

Just out of curiosity. Does Team lava even know how many upset customers they have because of how unfairly they treat a Lot of us? I don't want or need excuses because I've seen them all, I just want to know.

:( Yes, we're aware of how upset everyone is (which is why I'm posting & answering questions when I can).

emergRN
01-18-13, 12:36 PM

You're discussing features versus items. Dragons and Habitats are like items and Boosts is a feature. Features take longer because they change how the game interacts. Basically: coding how the game interacts with all of the other parts of the game, UI changes, art, animations, testing the features, and a lot of other technical magic that I'm not familiar with. It's not like pushing a button, it's more like writing a symphony & making sure it sounds awesome, everything is timed perfectly, and all the instruments are playing the right notes -- then making sure it's compatible with a few hundred Android devices with a wide range of specs.

Craftable Dragons are available on the Market because they're existing colors. For example: Sapphire is Blue, Emerald is Green, and Ruby is Red. Crafting them, however, is a feature. The Pink element (new color) is a feature, so those Dragons can't be implemented until the feature is available for the game.

:( Yes, we're aware at how upset everyone is (which is why I'm posting & answering questions when I can).

you are awesome Pony :-) just thought u should know that

slicer11762
01-18-13, 12:37 PM
I am an iOS user and I think that tl should spend some time on android cause we have to get all those pink hybrids and craft the sapphire dragon which some of us don't have in the shop while u guys have to just sit there and just watch us get all these updates. I am not trying to be ungrateful or anything but tl spend some time for android. I am sure the iOS users don't mind waiting a few weeks for them to get updates. Android has been waiting for MONTHS!

profsink
01-18-13, 12:41 PM
This week's humor:

Let's do a little Dragon Spotlight on the Unicorn Dragon. It seems so cute and innocent as a foal...

For those lucky enough to breed a Unicorn Dragon, they will find themselves a very affectionate and faithful companion. Unicorn Dragons are gentle creatures, and will often follow around their caretakers as they tend to other dragons around the island.
Awwwww, sweet, right? But when the Unicorn grows a little, its true colors start to show through...

Due to their temperate disposition, many caretakers believe that Unicorn Dragons can only be born on islands where the pure-of-heart dwell.
See that phrasing? "Can only be born"? Implying capability to be produced, not whimsical happenstance? Which island are the ones where Unicorn Dragons "can only be born"? That's right, iOS islands. Sure, some may need to breed a Virtue first, most probably need to breed a Diamond first, but they "can" do it. Android keepers, no matter what they do, cannot breed a Unicorn. "Only" iOS keepers "can", only they are "pure-of-heart.". Which means that as far as the Unicorn Dragon is concerned, Android keepers are wicked, naughty, evil.
But wait, there's more!

Epic Unicorn Dragons actually have two fully-grown horns on their heads: one on their foreheads and one on the bridge of their snout. Though both these are striking, Unicorn Dragons remain very docile creatures; however, the horns do manage to keep potential enemies away, such as poachers or diamond traders.
So, the Unicorn will attack people, but only in "defense" and only wicked "enemies"... Oh no! The Unicorn Dragon is going to hunt down and murder all the evil Android keepers and claim it was self-defense! Ahhhhhh!

Heh, who says Android players can't enjoy these iOS exclusive updates? I'ma havin' fun!

Magikot
01-18-13, 01:13 PM
I understand what you are saying Pony, I know these things take time. Again, I do appreciate you responding and trying to answer our concerns. It's the feeling of being ignored.. Left out that has people so upset. It took a little over two months for android to receive the white dragons, so without any updates saying otherwise it would seem logical we can expect the pink dragons in March/April time frame.

Based on android never receiving the boosts we probably should expect to not receive the crafting or album updates either. At least that's what it seems to me. My point is all we can do is make assumptions at this point since no one is saying anything other than vague comments that really don't tell us anything. We can only look at the past actions and guess what the future holds. In the mean time guess we will be forced to sit back and watch ios receive updates after update... At least until each person has enough and finally gives up waiting.

(I'm not ignoring Kindle users on purpose. I don't know much about when this content was released on the Amazon marketplace.)

hamadrys
01-18-13, 01:24 PM
Kindle has the basic game. Never had New Dawn and the features included in it.
We have the same dragons and updates as Android for the rest.

lylahmae
01-18-13, 02:06 PM

:( Yes, we're aware of how upset everyone is (which is why I'm posting & answering questions when I can).

Android and Kindle haven't had any "features " or "items" for almost a month. So all we have is time to stew in our anger and disappointment. If we had something better to do we wouldn't be here complaining.

almosthuman
01-18-13, 02:37 PM
Happy dragon hunting..

Suave_Spencer
01-18-13, 02:45 PM
Happy dragon hunting..

Where did you get that image? Or is it your phone? Or Photoshopped...

1LPme
01-18-13, 02:56 PM
Happy dragon hunting..

YES!!! upgrades are just for few testing. ..should be opening up to more android soon...

sollia
01-18-13, 03:07 PM
Again, thank you for showing us some attention, Pony. I think most of us understand what you're saying. We would just really appreciate some news about how things are going instead of more explanations about why we don't have the various features.

You claim that the team is aware of our annoyance/misery/frustration, but you are the only one paying us any attention. If a few more developers and/or mods would stop in a say something. We would appreciate a few apologies as well.

[S8] Elsa
01-18-13, 03:08 PM
Where did you get that image? Or is it your phone? Or Photoshopped...

If you notice in the screenshot the Album icon is not next to the Market icon at the bottom of the screen. What happened here is at some point, the user had an iOS device and acquired the Dragon and then later transferred to a new device that is an Android. However, please note that doesn't give the user any feature functionality on Android. There's no Dragon Album, they just have the Dragon - which may or may not cause unpredictable issues with their games as it's not by design.

YES!!! upgrades are just for few testing. ..should be opening up to more android soon...

:( Sorry, but that's not the case. We're not currently rolling out these features. They're not ready yet.

Again, thank you for showing us some attention, Pony. I think most of us understand what you're saying. We would just really appreciate some news about how things are going instead of more explanations about why we don't have the various features.

You claim that the team is aware of our annoyance/misery/frustration, but you are the only one paying us any attention. If a few more developers and/or mods would stop in a say something. We would appreciate a few apologies as well.

Typically, developers aren't always community involved in the sense of visiting the forums and posting. That's the community team's job. However, we've been very lucky as some of our Game Designers (Jake for Dragon Story, MHz for Castle and City) have visited the forums when they are able to and chatted with users. :)

Unfortunately, we don't have any news but when we do, I'll share. ^_^

sollia
01-18-13, 03:14 PM
Wow if that was that user's idea of a joke, that's...I doubt I'm allowed to say the words I'm thinking here.

almosthuman
01-18-13, 04:33 PM
Looks like Sollia is quite upset from not getting her candy..:) Happy Friday Sollia...Be patient & let the developers do what they need to do to get everything right. This still a very good game without all those update & it's free for all to play. Why do we want the foods haft way cook? By the way do you know if the new update is haft way done yet @ Pony? :D

sollia
01-18-13, 04:43 PM
Looks like Sollia is quite upset from not getting her candy..:) Happy Friday Sollia...Be patient & let the developers do what they need to do to get everything right. This still a very good game without all those update & it's free for all to play. Why do we want the foods haft way cook? By the way do you know if the new update is haft way done yet @ Pony? :D

Yeah I actually am having a grumpy day. I'm tired, I had a 3 hour class today, my head hurts, and my mom insists that she has to watch QVC for the makeup demonstrations.....

almosthuman
01-18-13, 04:54 PM
Yeah I actually am having a grumpy day. I'm tired, I had a 3 hour class today, my head hurts, and my mom insists that she has to watch QVC for the makeup demonstrations.....
And how much time did you spend on playing Dragon Story??? lolx

Nefertekas
01-18-13, 04:56 PM
Well, I'll have to agree with sollia on that. It's quite a distasteful joke, IMHO. Why mislead people? The air's already thick with tension as it is :p
Granted it's still a good game, but everyone on Android still feels a bit left behind. It's only normal.

almosthuman
01-18-13, 05:39 PM
Well, I'll have to agree with sollia on that. It's quite a distasteful joke, IMHO. Why mislead people? The air's already thick with tension as it is :p
Granted it's still a good game, but everyone on Android still feels a bit left behind. It's only normal.

Well first we all need to realize there is no such thing call fair in the true world. Everything as to be given and taken. I will not give up my Android phone to play games on the tiny screen of an Iphone :P, the Google maps on Android is way better than Iphone, to name a few advantage of using Android.. We have the choice to chose what devices we want to use. LT also has the choice to do businese the way they want to do. I believe LT has to work extreamily hard to catch up with those Android progarms to keep those Android user happy to stay with them before someone develop a better game for Andriod to take away they're market shares ;) However, so far I haven't find a better Dragon game for my Andriod phone yet..so happy dragon hunting on Dragon Story with my Andriod phone.:D PS. If you feeling upset about not getting what ISO player get... thing of the ISO player dragons look smaller on they'er Iphone ;)

codenamezebra
01-18-13, 05:58 PM
Rawr.... I just went to my sisters she plays on ios... I am so grumpy now! I really want an albulm :( also she has some wierd glowing yellow tree? What is that? We cant even have a tree! She has way more quests than I do too . Im starting to get bored in top of frustrated!

codenamezebra
01-18-13, 06:54 PM
I am an iOS user and I think that tl should spend some time on android cause we have to get all those pink hybrids and craft the sapphire dragon which some of us don't have in the shop while u guys have to just sit there and just watch us get all these updates. I am not trying to be ungrateful or anything but tl spend some time for android. I am sure the iOS users don't mind waiting a few weeks for them to get updates. Android has been waiting for MONTHS!

Well there yah have it... maybe TL should think about devoting a little less of there developers time to "more new stuff" for ios for awhile and redirect that time to catching up androids on existing stuff! ... iOS seems to get new stuff every couple a weeks so maybe that "new stuff" could be put on hold awhile so androids can be caught up....like I said my sister has so many quests she has to scroll down twice on her iphone!

I really want the dawn quests....I think I have already done 2 of them done ...

♦♦Uh Oh♦♦
that raises a new question...will I even get the prize for completion if I already have them done when and if we get an update?? will I get the prizes for album too? if I already have them done and it launches??

I would hate to have met the goals and then have the game get all glitchy.... so I cant get boost buildings, goal dragons or another breeding den... that's a scary thought.

Anyone know?

kurebiz
01-18-13, 07:17 PM
some quests can be completed retrospectively. i can't remember the ones that can't. ><

-

i understand the features and all not being ready, but i feel that what they can do is to release more dragons that can be bred by both parties?
not have 3 weeks of iOS updates while we get nothing.

profsink
01-18-13, 08:12 PM
*sigh* logged out while typing a reply. Hate that.

Not gonna re-type the full update list, just the end point.

The Weekly update has never not been a supplemental release to the latest update. (Month of purple dragons after Magic, month of tricolors, month of LEs, half-month of Whites... You get the idea.) So until Android gets access to the new features, we won't be seeing any new dragons, save for holiday LEs.). In the weeks ahead, we'll be seeing more Gemstones, maybe some of the remaining album rewards, followed by a new feature, which will be the weekly updates until the next new feature. This is how it has, does, and shall work.

Suave_Spencer
01-18-13, 08:19 PM
*sigh* logged out while typing a reply. Hate that.

Not gonna re-type the full update list, just the end point.

The Weekly update has never not been a supplemental release to the latest update. (Month of purple dragons after Magic, month of tricolors, month of LEs, half-month of Whites... You get the idea.) So until Android gets access to the new features, we won't be seeing any new dragons, save for holiday LEs.). In the weeks ahead, we'll be seeing more Gemstones, maybe some of the remaining album rewards, followed by a new feature, which will be the weekly updates until the next new feature. This is how it has, does, and shall work.

Hopefully next week we'll get something since all the pink dragons have now been released. I bet the next update will be more craftable stuff though.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-18-13, 09:34 PM
Hopefully next week we'll get something since all the pink dragons have now been released. I bet the next update will be more craftable stuff though.

It's become an IOS game, just as it was first intended and by all facts and appearances, has become one again. It's far easier to dole out for IOS than to nail the issues that they have (?) with Android. They say they're working on it, we keep hearing that, but there are no actions behind the "we're working on it". The words change some, but it's the old "actions speak louder than words" saying. I fought it ... trying to keep the hope, but I've come to accept that this is an IOS game, so I collect my coins and visit my neighbors, as that's all I can do; that's all that's left for me ... there's nothing left to do. Boredom will over take me one day in the very near future and I will have had enough. Right now, I'm hanging on by a very fine thread. I'm just one Android and just one Android will hardly be missed. I sincerely hope that I have to retract and eat my words, but I'm not holding my breath, as blue is not my favorite color. :)

profsink
01-18-13, 10:58 PM

They have been having problems with craftable dragons... Still Topaz, Amethyst, Quartz and... Pearl? To go. Other than those four, maybe another album reward.

There are only three things I can think of that would result in an Android breedable, other than Valentine's.

Least likely - Player complaints. Just takes too long to make a dragon, complaints haven't been loud nor long enough yet.
More likely - A new client update in the works. They did a month of throwback weekly updates just before New Dawn. If something like Dark Dawn is in the works, we may see the missing super rares for Purple/Yellow, Purple/Green, Purple/White and White/Green.
Most likely - as I said, they're having problems with the Gemstone dragons. They may need to buy some time with a throwback week or two.

But for the most part, don't expect the weekly update to include Android unless they issue an update.

jrodt333
01-19-13, 12:01 AM
Woah! When I went in the market there were 2 white tabs instead of 1 white tab and one diamond tab. It probably doesn't mean much (except now it takes about 5 seconds longer to buy a diamond habitat) but at least it means TL is doing something with the Android app.

kltu
01-19-13, 12:17 AM
why do android users get left in the dust with each new item Team Lava? Maybe your programmers need to up their s**** level so groups of users are not left feeling like you don't care about them. I mean really if I did that at my job I would not have my job for long.

profsink
01-19-13, 01:13 AM
Indeed, in New Dawn Android the Diamond tab has been replaced by a second Light tab. Very odd. Normal Dragon Story remains normal.

tonguelashing
01-19-13, 01:39 AM

Actually Pony, you're only partially correct. Let me tell you (and everyone else) the facts as a developer for many years myself. I will rant a bit, but my intention is to be constructive and informative, not accusational, etc.

A little background. I started playing this game on my Android tablet after my fiancee got it for her iPad and noticed it was available for Android as well. I really enjoy the game and have a lot of fun with the social aspect of it as well. When New Dawn came out for iOS only, I was quite furious and deleted all the dragons from my island and left a disheartened message there instead. A couple months later, part of New Dawn came out for Android (really just Light Element dragons and habbitats) and I started playing again and building up. Still don't have some of the dragons I used to have, but have also finally got a few others (just got my diamond and a couple hybrids, finally got wizard...but still don't have planet, familiar, or parakeet as well as a few others). So I came back to Dragon Story on the hopes that things would continue to show up for my Android Tablet. It's now 4 months later!!!!

There are several things that everyone needs to remember (or know if you don't know or understand). There are some things TeamLava are doing right and some things they are definitely doing wrong when it comes to multi-platform development.

First and foremost, Dragon Story (and other TL Games) are Client/Server applications. That means the app we run on our devices be it iOS or Android, is only an interface to the server. In the case of TL Games there is some game logic in the client, but 90% of the application is on the server and that's where the bulk of the game logic works (or should work). The main thing that the client handles is actually drawing the pretty pictures we all see in the game (Dragons, habitats, buildings, etc). The client app may also contain the logic for moving items from one place to another and then informs the server (probably with some sort of XML statement/query) what is actually going on and update it accordingly so the client and server stay in-sync.

Therefore the only *REAL* difference between the two platforms should be the drawing routines and that's pretty much it.

Any game logic code that must reside in the client application (the app everyone installs) should be 90% identical between the platforms. Why 90%? For those of you that do not know, iOS uses Objective C and that definitely makes porting an issue, but on the most part only minor changes should be required to move game logic between the platforms (adjustments to how variables are called/passed between functions and some other ObjC vs C/C++ differences). If TL developers are using platform specific coding, they are incompetent. At the very least, what TL Developers should do is develop using proper multi-platform and encapsulated programming techniques and it sounds like, that at the very least, this is NOT happening.

What do I mean by encapsulated programming? Essentially, developing an API (Application Programming Interface) and write code for that, so that the code calling specific routines is the same, but how the code is handled on a device/platform is different. It's pretty easy really...when you know what you're doing. AND Contrary to popular belief, just because Android has a myriad of devices, doesn't make it that much more complicated. It's pretty easy to make the game require certain kernel versions and so forth. It may work on others, but maybe not supported. Lots of companies do that.

Here is what TL Needs to do in terms of future Android and iOS development (these are game features and improvements for both platforms)

1) First and foremost, a full update for Android to bring it up to the current standard of iOS needs to happen, sooner rather than later. TeamLava should focus on this and not be so fast with other updates for a SHORT period of time to make it happen quickly. Maybe only release 1 dragon every two or three weeks while Android development catches up.

2) Ensure all code follows proper multi-platform encapsulation techniques. Porting ObjC code from iOS to C/C++ on Android shouldn't take as long as this has been going on. If it's taking too long (which it is) maybe you need an extra couple developers and a project Manager (I vote myself in this role as I have experience at it, but doubt you can afford me) to get it done faster. YES it takes some time to port the code and ensure it's all working, I don't think any of us are arguing that point. But NO, it should not take this long and longer to do...period or you're doing it wrong.

3) Coding for both devices should pretty much happen in tandem (at the same time) on the most part and this can be done more easily if writing to a common API.

4) DragonStory is optimized for a phone sized screen. When played on an iPad or Android table, the screen is essentially 'stretched' (I noticed this more strongly when I upgraded my Android tablet to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Many application developers have an HD version of their game for tablet devices such as iPad or Android tablets (I point to Angry Birds as a great example here). So as a future feature request for BOTH iOS and Android, please make a version that is optimized for the larger screen of tablet devices.

5) the iOS devices are pretty static in their drawing. They all employ pretty much the same drawing code regardless of iPhone, iPad/iPad2/iPad3. My Android tablet actually has an nVidia graphic chip in it which can draw faster and more smoothly. Given the slowness of some screen refreshes and jerkiness of moving things around on the screen, it would be nice to have some optimized code here also for devices that support it. I know this is a much harder request and may never happen, but it's easy to encapsulate out with some well defined #ifdef statements.

6) I'm even a little unclear about why the Saphire Dragon isn't available for everyone on iOS. It's a feature push to the server along with an update to the backend database (which is a simple SQL query to make it available to every user). What am I missing?

Ok, I think I've said my part and hope everyone on both sides gets it. I will continue to play Dragon Story on my Android tablet, there are still things I need to do, but I'm running out of space with all my Auroras (6) Supers (4) Mirages (3), and so forth with no ability to trade and craft the new gemstone dragons (I kinda hope an Onyx (black) dragon shows up at some point, as that would be cool). So I'm getting squirmish and want to see some feature updates to Android happen quickly, maybe by or before Valentines day so we can get whatever new LE dragon for that holiday??? I think that's a reasonable time period as it's already been 4 months.

I, like many others, have spent real money on this game to buy some gold and help support the developers so they continue to develop this game (and others). I think the business model is the correct method to use for this kind of application. But, I and others, want to see some results of our support and soon. People are leaving the game in droves, not just Android players but iOS players too. My neighbors list consists of a lot of 0 social ranks from people that use to be 3 and 4 on the scale. This is due to how hard some things are for some (diamond, and others) and the lack of fair treatment between the platforms for others. If things continue this way, TL will not be successful and quite frankly, I'd like to see it succeed, but it must do so following my notes above.

Just my thoughts, hope that wasn't too much of a rant.

SamKanj
01-19-13, 01:46 AM
Well first we all need to realize there is no such thing call fair in the true world. Everything as to be given and taken. I will not give up my Android phone to play games on the tiny screen of an Iphone :P, the Google maps on Android is way better than Iphone, to name a few advantage of using Android.. We have the choice to chose what devices we want to use. LT also has the choice to do businese the way they want to do. I believe LT has to work extreamily hard to catch up with those Android progarms to keep those Android user happy to stay with them before someone develop a better game for Andriod to take away they're market shares ;) However, so far I haven't find a better Dragon game for my Andriod phone yet..so happy dragon hunting on Dragon Story with my Andriod phone.:D PS. If you feeling upset about not getting what ISO player get... thing of the ISO player dragons look smaller on they'er Iphone ;)

Well, the screen is not a problem at all, there are iPads, besides the game is so much smoother on iOS devices than Android.

tonguelashing
01-19-13, 01:59 AM
oh, ONE MORE THING TeamLava needs to do...COMMUNICATE with the users as to what is happening. I appreciate Pony giving what he can, and Jake providing some developer input when not chained to his desk coding away...but more communication needs to flow from TL. Maybe even just blog about..."working on this feature on android....", "Saphire update not available for everyone because..." etc. It doesn't take much to fully communicate with your user base.

lilylunalove
01-19-13, 10:00 AM
Thank you for your excellent posts, tonguelashing! I hope TL peeps would read them and learn.

emergRN
01-19-13, 10:18 AM
so a heads up. if you look in your dragon colour tabs you may have two white elements like me. ios users have reported a heart half pink half purple in their tabs...maybe we have some progression??

jrodt333
01-19-13, 10:29 AM
so a heads up. if you look in your dragon colour tabs you may have two white elements like me. ios users have reported a heart half pink half purple in their tabs...maybe we have some progression??

I was thinking that too.

profsink
01-19-13, 11:04 AM

Progress? Yup, for iOS. A glimpse of the next new feature Android shan't be seeing... Unless they actually update the Android client.

luv2wander
01-19-13, 11:20 AM
Progress? Yup, for iOS. A glimpse of the next new feature Android shan't be seeing... Unless they actually update the Android client.

Agreed. When they first introduced the pink dragons we had a pink icon for a couple days. I am afraid that the half pink, half purple icon that iOS has means that pink dragons are required and since we do not have pink dragons we won't be getting the half and half ones.

bigsteve03
01-19-13, 01:11 PM
yeah, we had a pink tab for a while there too. Never any dragons in it either.

Magikot
01-19-13, 01:38 PM
Agreed. When they first introduced the pink dragons we had a pink icon for a couple days. I am afraid that the half pink, half purple icon that iOS has means that pink dragons are required and since we do not have pink dragons we won't be getting the half and half ones.

I doubt it too. The extra white icon is only in nd, it's not showing up in the original ds. Original ds still doesn't have an icon for the white dragons. We might see one in the the market, but unless the devs decide to mix white and red dragons it won't be be breedable. Can't wait to see how much they charge for that. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder whose brilliant idea it was to sell the dragons that are craftable to android based users at the insane price of over $50 for each to their most disgruntled customers.

About the comment regarding better dragon games... I'll give you a hint: it was once an ios only app. :cool: check it out if you want to see what it's like to not be left out of most 'features'. I am loving it!

itzjulezzz
01-19-13, 05:23 PM
I'm fine with waiting on the pink dragons, since all I plan to breed for until I get it is infinity. Just got my Atlantis! Finally! BUT if they release limited edition dragons for Valentine's day & Droid doesn't get a chance, things will be lit on fire

hamadrys
01-19-13, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it is going to be BAD, that is for sure.

sollia
01-19-13, 06:31 PM
I'm fine with waiting on the pink dragons, since all I plan to breed for until I get it is infinity. Just got my Atlantis! Finally! BUT if they release limited edition dragons for Valentine's day & Droid doesn't get a chance, things will be lit on fire

Yeah, if they think we're upset now...there would be a literal uprising here.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-19-13, 06:32 PM

If it's pink ... you're right\ and we'll out of the running yet again; I just won't be here to worry about or look for another update ... I'm gone.

amjohnnson
01-20-13, 02:04 AM
Just a little heads up for TeamLava: Please don't release any updates until you have all of the scripting together and you can release this feature across all devices!! It's so annoying that I saw the add for this sapphire dragon popup over a hundred times, yet its still unobtainable! A better idea for trading dragons would be allowing users to trade dragons with each other, where upon request you could either accept or reject another players offer. For example I've been trying to breed a dream dragon for 2 weeks straight and its just not happening, and I notice one of my neighbors has a large number of dream dragons, but they don't have any fairy dragons. So I then make a request to trade my fairy for their dream which they then get a notification in their daily news where they can either accept or reject. But back to the main point of this post. In the future please don't release dragons to only select few users. Make sure you have all your bugs together and release is possible for all players on the same device before getting everyone excited for no reason!!

jrodt333
01-20-13, 07:48 AM
The second light tab is gone, which I don't think is a good sign about getting updates, but at least buying Diamond Fields is easier.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-20-13, 08:47 AM
The second light tab is gone, which I don't think is a good sign about getting updates, but at least buying Diamond Fields is easier.

I'm at max, so it's out of my reach, but how is the Diamond Field easier?

sollia
01-20-13, 01:28 PM
I'm at max, so it's out of my reach, but how is the Diamond Field easier?

They said buying is easier so I'm guessing it just means you don't have to look through all the habitats to get to the Diamond one?

jrodt333
01-20-13, 04:50 PM
They said buying is easier so I'm guessing it just means you don't have to look through all the habitats to get to the Diamond one?

Yeah, I just meant the star tab is is back so we can hit that instead of scrolling through all the habitats.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-20-13, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I just meant the star tab is is back so we can hit that instead of scrolling through all the habitats.

Ohhh ... I see!

Chocolat13
01-21-13, 02:46 AM
I just played on my girlfriend's Iphone this week end. The differences between the 2 versions are really huge, everything is smoother on IOs. And i'm using a Galaxy S3, which is supposed to be one of the best android devices...

jrodt333
01-21-13, 08:15 AM
I just played on my girlfriend's Iphone this week end. The differences between the 2 versions are really huge, everything is smoother on IOs. And i'm using a Galaxy S3, which is supposed to be one of the best android devices...

I think it's because the game isn't optimized for Android or something like that.

Magikot
01-21-13, 08:18 AM

I installed Dragon Story on my husband's old ipad because I was curious what the difference was. It was a bad idea, I feel more *****ed out of the content than I did before. Even on his 1st gen ipad, the game was smoother and didn't lag much at all than my Samsung Exhibit II. Dragons didn't disappear leaving only shadow like they do on my android all the time.

Magikot
01-21-13, 08:27 AM
Oops, didn't meant to quote that twice! Sorry I was multitasking- talking to my kids who are home from school today. :)

sollia
01-21-13, 09:48 AM

That one is pretty new, isn't it? It could be that it's not a device they've tested on much or something. There's another game I play that prompted me to download another of their games. I did, and in that game it told me that my device was unsupported. I know "Android is supported" or whatever TL says but maybe it's something like that.

[S8] Elsa
01-21-13, 10:40 AM
That one is pretty new, isn't it? It could be that it's not a device they've tested on much or something. There's another game I play that prompted me to download another of their games. I did, and in that game it told me that my device was unsupported. I know "Android is supported" or whatever TL says but maybe it's something like that.

If you see the 'device not supported' message, it means the device specs aren't meeting the requirements to run the game. You can always email support@teamlava.com for help. :)

oh, ONE MORE THING TeamLava needs to do...COMMUNICATE with the users as to what is happening. I appreciate Pony giving what he can, and Jake providing some developer input when not chained to his desk coding away...but more communication needs to flow from TL. Maybe even just blog about..."working on this feature on android....", "Saphire update not available for everyone because..." etc. It doesn't take much to fully communicate with your user base.

I'll pass on that you'd like to see blogs and progress updates for Android projects. ^_^

Pony is a she. :P

UnoRaven
01-21-13, 11:42 AM
I'll pass on that you'd like to see blogs and progress updates for Android projects. ^_^

I think that's what android users want (you know, besides all the content we don't have) more than anything. Proof that TL is actually trying and not just using the same bogus lines over and over again while continuing to crank out new IOS exclusive content. A little acknowledgement goes a long way.

profsink
01-21-13, 11:52 AM

You'd likely find running Dragon Story on an old iTouch works more smoothly than the latest Android devices. Remember, TeamLava started with an iOS devkit. It's what they know, it's what they love, it's what they're good at. Android? Uh... Well... Um, "Android is supported."

MomsHouseofSweets
01-21-13, 01:15 PM
You'd likely find running Dragon Story on an old iTouch works more smoothly than the latest Android devices. Remember, TeamLava started with an iOS devkit. It's what they know, it's what they love, it's what they're good at. Android? Uh... Well... Um, "Android is supported."

LOL, profsink ... "Android? Uh... Well... Um, "Android is supported". Sort of ... kinda .....

sollia
01-21-13, 02:39 PM

I was never sure, thanks for saving me from asking, Pony! :P

Also YES we would love to hear about progress. If we aren't going to get a rough estimate then a little progress report would be nearly as good! PLEASE give us updates!

Anji330
01-21-13, 05:30 PM
First and foremost, Dragon Story (and other TL Games) are Client/Server applications. That means the app we run on our devices be it iOS or Android, is only an interface to the server. In the case of TL Games there is some game logic in the client, but 90% of the application is on the server and that's where the bulk of the game logic works (or should work). The main thing that the client handles is actually drawing the pretty pictures we all see in the game (Dragons, habitats, buildings, etc). The client app may also contain the logic for moving items from one place to another and then informs the server (probably with some sort of XML statement/query) what is actually going on and update it accordingly so the client and server stay in-sync.

Therefore the only *REAL* difference between the two platforms should be the drawing routines and that's pretty much it.

That's really disheartening, then. I never thought of the game being server push before, but it is, isn't it, and that's why it's all stored on TL and automatically updated; which as you said requires very little in the way of actual coding for the various clients that connect to it.

At the very least, what TL Developers should do is develop using proper multi-platform and encapsulated programming techniques and it sounds like, that at the very least, this is NOT happening.

Porting ObjC code from iOS to C/C++ on Android shouldn't take as long as this has been going on. If it's taking too long (which it is) maybe you need an extra couple developers and a project Manager (I vote myself in this role as I have experience at it, but doubt you can afford me) to get it done faster. YES it takes some time to port the code and ensure it's all working, I don't think any of us are arguing that point. But NO, it should not take this long and longer to do...period or you're doing it wrong.

I agree 100%. Get someone that CAN code for Android.

theclumsypotato
01-21-13, 06:49 PM
There are several things that everyone needs to remember (or know if you don't know or understand). There are some things TeamLava are doing right and some things they are definitely doing wrong when it comes to multi-platform development.

Any game logic code that must reside in the client application (the app everyone installs) should be 90% identical between the platforms. Why 90%? For those of you that do not know, iOS uses Objective C and that definitely makes porting an issue, but on the most part only minor changes should be required to move game logic between the platforms (adjustments to how variables are called/passed between functions and some other ObjC vs C/C++ differences). If TL developers are using platform specific coding, they are incompetent. At the very least, what TL Developers should do is develop using proper multi-platform and encapsulated programming techniques and it sounds like, that at the very least, this is NOT happening.

What do I mean by encapsulated programming? Essentially, developing an API (Application Programming Interface) and write code for that, so that the code calling specific routines is the same, but how the code is handled on a device/platform is different. It's pretty easy really...when you know what you're doing. AND Contrary to popular belief, just because Android has a myriad of devices, doesn't make it that much more complicated. It's pretty easy to make the game require certain kernel versions and so forth. It may work on others, but maybe not supported. Lots of companies do that.

Here is what TL Needs to do in terms of future Android and iOS development (these are game features and improvements for both platforms)

1) First and foremost, a full update for Android to bring it up to the current standard of iOS needs to happen, sooner rather than later. TeamLava should focus on this and not be so fast with other updates for a SHORT period of time to make it happen quickly. Maybe only release 1 dragon every two or three weeks while Android development catches up.

2) Ensure all code follows proper multi-platform encapsulation techniques. Porting ObjC code from iOS to C/C++ on Android shouldn't take as long as this has been going on. If it's taking too long (which it is) maybe you need an extra couple developers and a project Manager (I vote myself in this role as I have experience at it, but doubt you can afford me) to get it done faster. YES it takes some time to port the code and ensure it's all working, I don't think any of us are arguing that point. But NO, it should not take this long and longer to do...period or you're doing it wrong.

3) Coding for both devices should pretty much happen in tandem (at the same time) on the most part and this can be done more easily if writing to a common API.

4) DragonStory is optimized for a phone sized screen. When played on an iPad or Android table, the screen is essentially 'stretched' (I noticed this more strongly when I upgraded my Android tablet to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Many application developers have an HD version of their game for tablet devices such as iPad or Android tablets (I point to Angry Birds as a great example here). So as a future feature request for BOTH iOS and Android, please make a version that is optimized for the larger screen of tablet devices.

5) the iOS devices are pretty static in their drawing. They all employ pretty much the same drawing code regardless of iPhone, iPad/iPad2/iPad3. My Android tablet actually has an nVidia graphic chip in it which can draw faster and more smoothly. Given the slowness of some screen refreshes and jerkiness of moving things around on the screen, it would be nice to have some optimized code here also for devices that support it. I know this is a much harder request and may never happen, but it's easy to encapsulate out with some well defined #ifdef statements.

6) I'm even a little unclear about why the Saphire Dragon isn't available for everyone on iOS. It's a feature push to the server along with an update to the backend database (which is a simple SQL query to make it available to every user). What am I missing?

Ok, I think I've said my part and hope everyone on both sides gets it. I will continue to play Dragon Story on my Android tablet, there are still things I need to do, but I'm running out of space with all my Auroras (6) Supers (4) Mirages (3), and so forth with no ability to trade and craft the new gemstone dragons (I kinda hope an Onyx (black) dragon shows up at some point, as that would be cool). So I'm getting squirmish and want to see some feature updates to Android happen quickly, maybe by or before Valentines day so we can get whatever new LE dragon for that holiday??? I think that's a reasonable time period as it's already been 4 months.

I, like many others, have spent real money on this game to buy some gold and help support the developers so they continue to develop this game (and others). I think the business model is the correct method to use for this kind of application. But, I and others, want to see some results of our support and soon. People are leaving the game in droves, not just Android players but iOS players too. My neighbors list consists of a lot of 0 social ranks from people that use to be 3 and 4 on the scale. This is due to how hard some things are for some (diamond, and others) and the lack of fair treatment between the platforms for others. If things continue this way, TL will not be successful and quite frankly, I'd like to see it succeed, but it must do so following my notes above.

Just my thoughts, hope that wasn't too much of a rant.

I saw parts of your rant quoted and came back a few pages just to find it. That was really informative, though, thank you for writing it! I think we're all confused on how TL has the same device getting different updates and announcements, actually. It's nice to know that it really shouldn't be impossibly hard (or 6 months with no catching up hard) to have the same game running on different devices.

profsink
01-21-13, 06:55 PM
There actually could be a perfectly understandable, reasonable, sane explanation for why the update is taking so long. One that doesn't involve cake, inept people, orchestras or missing fingers. Alas, due to Team Lava's exceptionally poor communication s****s, I doubt it's true... or rather, cannot tell.

You see, we don't even know what "the Android update" is. From Jake's post about promising this feature won't take as long to translate as previous features did, (Though, truthfully, not "did", but "are still taking", alas, he didn't say that.) we have to assume that the Android updates come out one at a time, each in turn. This means "the update" is nothing more than an update to New Dawn to give us the Boosts, quests, and higher costs. There is no way that could take this long, no parallel universe full of marzipan minstrels where this is acceptable.

But, remember, they have abandoned New Dawn on iOS. (Not that they were very good at telling their iOS players that, but as I said, "poor communication s****s".) What if they did the same on Android? S****ped New Dawn development and started over, working on translating v1.2 of the iOS client? Then tossed the half-finished New Dawn Android onto the Play Store? To show us they DO work on Android updates? That would make sense. That would make it only about two months behind on an update that will bring Android totally up to date... until they have to update the iOS client again. If "the update" is such, that is a reasonable explanation. Which is why it cannot be true. They would have said if that was "the update", unless they are erroneously thinking it is better to lose customers than to reveal what old content was upcoming on Android.

So then, we're back to "the update" being just the rest of New Dawn, and the reason for their silence being that that is as intolerable as raw cake dough gumming up the brass section, and they know it.

Or, perhaps, they just have exceptionally poor communication s****s. Too hard to say, they're not telling.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-21-13, 07:47 PM
There actually could be a perfectly understandable, reasonable, sane explanation for why the update is taking so long. One that doesn't involve cake, inept people, orchestras or missing fingers. Alas, due to Team Lava's exceptionally poor communication s****s, I doubt it's true... or rather, cannot tell.

You see, we don't even know what "the Android update" is. From Jake's post about promising this feature won't take as long to translate as previous features did, (Though, truthfully, not "did", but "are still taking", alas, he didn't say that.) we have to assume that the Android updates come out one at a time, each in turn. This means "the update" is nothing more than an update to New Dawn to give us the Boosts, quests, and higher costs. There is no way that could take this long, no parallel universe full of marzipan minstrels where this is acceptable.

But, remember, they have abandoned New Dawn on iOS. (Not that they were very good at telling their iOS players that, but as I said, "poor communication s****s".) What if they did the same on Android? S****ped New Dawn development and started over, working on translating v1.2 of the iOS client? Then tossed the half-finished New Dawn Android onto the Play Store? To show us they DO work on Android updates? That would make sense. That would make it only about two months behind on an update that will bring Android totally up to date... until they have to update the iOS client again. If "the update" is such, that is a reasonable explanation. Which is why it cannot be true. They would have said if that was "the update", unless they are erroneously thinking it is better to lose customers than to reveal what old content was upcoming on Android.

So then, we're back to "the update" being just the rest of New Dawn, and the reason for their silence being that that is as intolerable as raw cake dough gumming up the brass section, and they know it.

Or, perhaps, they just have exceptionally poor communication s****s. Too hard to say, they're not telling.

There has been no "communication" from TL about any of this mess, other than "we're working on it", which if actions speak louder than words, means nothing. The MODs can only parrot what they're told, so I'm pretty sure that they, the MODs, have been flying as blindly as we are. I think it's a shame (cowardly, actually), for TL to have basically thrown their MODs to the Android wolves (us) and let them get hit with and deal with the brunt of our frustration and anger. TL should have come clean and admitted a while back that they couldn't handle it. The time to have brought someone on board who knew how to do what needed doing with Android, has long past. That should have happened a while back, but seems still hasn't happened. Many players have been playing with real money, not the pretend stuff and by now should have stopped doing that. Spending real money to help the developers, those that know what they're doing, is one thing, BUT ... seems more like they've paid real money just to help TL further shower IOS with new everthing. Well, they have had problems getting the Sapphire dragon to all their IOS players and I don't know that they've managed to finally do that, as I'm not IOS. I hope so or IOS players have been getting a tiny taste of what we've put up with and it doesn't taste very good.

Communication would have been a very good move and is way past due. Thing is ... not so sure, after this long, that I'd be too quick to believe them. All goes back to the saying of, "actions speak louder than words" and there's really been nothing but silence. Lots of silence.

tonguelashing
01-21-13, 08:19 PM

Yes please pony. And I apologize for the mis-pronoun. Thanks for letting us know.

Magikot
01-21-13, 09:53 PM
... I think it's a shame (cowardly, actually), for TL to have basically thrown their MODs to the Android wolves (us) and let them get hit with and deal with the brunt of our frustration and anger. TL should have come clean and admitted a while back that they couldn't handle it. The time to have brought someone on board who knew how to do what needed doing with Android, has long past.... .

Completely agree with you, couldn't have said it better myself. I actually feel bad about what I wrote below. I'm sure they are all nice and I'm not attacking anyone personally. Just calling the situation like I see it. I This is not how to speak to upset customers. I know all the tricks companies use, used to own use them myself. Empathize... Mods have tried but until they are forced to play the empty shell of a game that android and Kindle has they won't understand. Make promises but keep the them generic... "we are working on it". Never give a time line unless you can keep it. Always give yourself an out in case you need it aka cyb (cover your butt)... "it's not that simple to port to android". - Distract any way possible: why are the December le's still out in mid-January? Out of the goodness of their heart? Yeah right. Diamond dragon boom... There have been a bunch hatched recently, enough that I've read a few posts commenting on how many where born recently. Pony said it herself.. We should focus on the dragons that we already have. Personally I read that as referring to the le and diamond dragons.

Programmers are behind the scenes workers, most that I know avoid speaking to customers at all costs. Jake was around and posting quite a bit when the crafting was first being implemented. His comments about progression on android development... Simple step to pacify android users. He was posting to receive direct feedback regarding bugs with the crafting and trade in system. Now that it's all taken care of he's not posting anymore. Busy working.. I don't doubt that but he had time while bringing the crafting system live to post. Suddenly now he is too busy now that android users are seeing through the smoke and mirrors. Yeah ok..

I honestly don't think I would believe any update posted at this point either. To me it would be more smoke and mirrors to buy them more time.

kurebiz
01-22-13, 02:35 AM
I just wonder. which would be more likely to be released first? pink dragons or trading/crafting?

I'm at 30/35 habitats now, so its a real concern to me.
I'm at the point where i don't really care about the boosts anymore (as long as our food costs remain low) since I don't really need coins, and quest exp is negligible.

wassupbaby
01-22-13, 02:51 AM
If you see the 'device not supported' message, it means the device specs aren't meeting the requirements to run the game. You can always email support@teamlava.com for help. :)

I always thought TL is a ... you know ... Bunch of guys , IT nerds :D NO OFFENCE :P glad to know there's also a girl =]]

ak2001
01-22-13, 04:48 AM
It's time to balanced the different between iOS and Android!!!!!!!

MomsHouseofSweets
01-22-13, 10:12 AM
It's time to balanced the different between iOS and Android!!!!!!!

It's long past time. I'm giving the game until Valentine's Day evening. If there's no real change, no smoke and mirrors as Magikot wonderfully put it, I'm leaving until there is ... maybe. Might not return, because it will most likely happen again ... Android takes a far back seat while TL takes good care of their IOS game. I'm Android and just a mere drop in the DS barrel ... won't be missed by TL, I realize this, but I won't continue wasting my time with a dead game. Android time is just as valuable as TL's. We have put a lot of time, work and effort into our game, not to mention players who have dumped a lot of real money and don't deserve to be brushed aside as we have. Thinking about it and correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember even our (Android) getting an apology for the many months we've been waiting. Hopefully, there will be some real change and soon

profsink
01-22-13, 11:20 AM
I just wonder. which would be more likely to be released first? pink dragons or trading/crafting?

I'm at 30/35 habitats now, so its a real concern to me.
I'm at the point where i don't really care about the boosts anymore (as long as our food costs remain low) since I don't really need coins, and quest exp is negligible.
Pink. Let's assume they actually release an Android version of the current (v1.2) iOS client. Not very likely, but if by some miracle they did, Android would get the new Menu and Market. Album, Storage, Pink tab under Dragons/Habitats, Crafting tab under Buildings. (The Boosts would probably be in there, too.) But just because we would theoretically have the new tabs, that doesn't mean there would be anything in them.
See, they're having problems with Crafting. Not sure what, or even how, but they are. So it's likely in the magical land of patisseries and harmoniousness, where Android actually is updated, we'd have the same slow, controlled rollout of crafting recipes.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-22-13, 11:41 AM
Pink. Let's assume they actually release an Android version of the current (v1.2) iOS client. Not very likely, but if by some miracle they did, Android would get the new Menu and Market. Album, Storage, Pink tab under Dragons/Habitats, Crafting tab under Buildings. (The Boosts would probably be in there, too.) But just because we would theoretically have the new tabs, that doesn't mean there would be anything in them.
See, they're having problems with Crafting. Not sure what, or even how, but they are. So it's likely in the magical land of patisseries and harmoniousness, where Android actually is updated, we'd have the same slow, controlled rollout of crafting recipes.

Stranger things have happened ... even miracles.

Magikot
01-22-13, 12:18 PM
I briefly read

Magikot
01-22-13, 12:30 PM
Oops tapped post by mistake... I have skimmed through some of the ios only threads about updates when really bored. To be honest I didn't pay much attention but I do recall people complaining about problems. Based on the past that tells me IF by some miracle they were working on updating android, we've likely been put on the back burner again.

The only slim ray of hope I have left is based on a comment Jake made about it not taking as long you port the pink dragons to android because it was already being worked on. For that reason I think we'll see the dragons before the nd boosts. I I'll try to find the post if it's still there. I'm usually the "glass is half full" type. However, I can only hold on your that for so long.

Magikot
01-22-13, 12:33 PM
Sigh typing on tablets leads to a lot of mistakes sometimes. One of these days I will stop making auto-correct mistakes! I Last sentence should say "I can only hold on to that for so long."

Magikot
01-22-13, 12:44 PM
Pink Dragons, a brand new base color, have been released to iOS users with version 1.2.

Additionally, the habitat cap has been increased from 30 to 35!

Android players, you have my promise that we'll get a new version out to you that includes these dragons sooner than any previous turnaround. (This release has been in the works and on schedule for months and my pestering hadn't yet taken effect).

His pestering has taken effect yet... Nice way to say no where near close. I could pick most of that quote apart, but it wouldn't be nice. Also won't help our cause if I upset the devs. So I'll keep those comments to myself... For now.

Quoted from the first page of his post announcing pink dragons posted on December 18th. http:// http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42560-Habitat-Cap-Upgraded-to-35-Pink-Dragon-Color-Released! Only time will tell...

codenamezebra
01-22-13, 01:05 PM
His pestering has taken effect yet... Nice way to say no where near close. I could pick most of that quote apart, but it wouldn't be nice. Also won't help our cause if I upset the devs. So I'll keep those comments to myself... For now.

Quoted from the first page of his post announcing pink dragons posted on December 18th. http:// http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42560-Habitat-Cap-Upgraded-to-35-Pink-Dragon-Color-Released! Only time will tell...

Just went back and read that... he sure did sound confident in that statement. But alas it has now been over a month with zero updates and no news about them.

profsink
01-22-13, 01:13 PM
Jake also said all iOS would have Sapphire by now.... They don't. Hence why they don't give out dates for things whenever they can avoid it.

Magikot
01-22-13, 01:35 PM
Jake also said all iOS would have Sapphire by now.... They don't. Hence why they don't give out dates for things whenever they can avoid it.

Exactly. That is also why I think we are will be waiting even longer for our updates. Unfortunately, in this situation I understand why priority would be given to the problems iso has whether it is fair to android and Kindle or not. Bugs in content already live in the game will likely be fixed before they release anything new to android. I could be wrong and sincerely hope I am!

MomsHouseofSweets
01-22-13, 02:00 PM
Ordinarily, I'm an optimist, but it's reached the point that reality has taken over. I'd not put ANY money on our getting anything. Well, perhaps another empty bunch of words, but certainly by now, we put no faith in those words. TL knows well that we're upset, that we're frustrated and you can fill in with any other words or phrases, but it doesn't matter to them. Their absent communication tells us that. Seems that TL feels if they don't acknowledge us and the problems, neither will exist. Kind of like, if I don't look at you, you can't see me. Ha!! Doesn't work. I would like nothing better than to eat my words, but ... I've little fear in doing that, because I don't think we Androids will see anything in the way of a REAL update by Valentine's and I think that any Valentine dragon released will be pink (of course ... IOS). MAYBE there will be a red one, but I'm expecting pink. So, surprise and shock me and all the rest of us, TL!! Wait ... we can't do anything with a pink dragon! Silly me .....

salinho
01-22-13, 02:54 PM
Thos whole situation is just positively disgusting. And how dare they not even bother with an official statement with proper technical explanations! I mean, c'mon! Most technical issues have been explained by players, and never by staff. I wonder if programmers (and our good Jake is a designer, not programmer) have any communicatio at all with the rest of the staff. Lol.

kurebiz
01-22-13, 05:31 PM
if pink is coming first means i need to set aside like, 2 habitats for it?! -____- well, i guess its diamond hybrids breeding time then.

sollia
01-22-13, 05:41 PM
if pink is coming first means i need to set aside like, 2 habitats for it?! -____- well, i guess its diamond hybrids breeding time then.

....what?

hamadrys
01-22-13, 05:50 PM
Ordinarily, I'm an optimist, but it's reached the point that reality has taken over. I'd not put ANY money on our getting anything. Well, perhaps another empty bunch of words, but certainly by now, we put no faith in those words. TL knows well that we're upset, that we're frustrated and you can fill in with any other words or phrases, but it doesn't matter to them. Their absent communication tells us that. Seems that TL feels if they don't acknowledge us and the problems, neither will exist. Kind of like, if I don't look at you, you can't see me. Ha!! Doesn't work. I would like nothing better than to eat my words, but ... I've little fear in doing that, because I don't think we Androids will see anything in the way of a REAL update by Valentine's and I think that any Valentine dragon released will be pink (of course ... IOS). MAYBE there will be a red one, but I'm expecting pink. So, surprise and shock me and all the rest of us, TL!! Wait ... we can't do anything with a pink dragon! Silly me .....

I am at that point too. A little while ago, I was still believing they did care and were working on updates. The IOS got Tiny + Origamy dragons, then sapphire and now the Unicorn. like It feels like because it was a game for IOS to start with, we are the second hand customers and it will always be that way. We get the crumbs. I am a little bitter about this and maybe I shouldn't because "it is just a game". But, like MomsHouseofSweets mentionned it in another comment, we do put a lot of time and effort into it. I know that I am not spending any real money anymore on this game until we are equal with IOS.

tonguelashing
01-22-13, 06:10 PM
I am at that point too. A little while ago, I was still believing they did care and were working on updates. The IOS got Tiny + Origamy dragons, then sapphire and now the Unicorn. like It feels like because it was a game for IOS to start with, we are the second hand customers and it will always be that way. We get the crumbs. I am a little bitter about this and maybe I shouldn't because "it is just a game". But, like MomsHouseofSweets mentionned it in another comment, we do put a lot of time and effort into it. I know that I am not spending any real money anymore on this game until we are equal with IOS.

Remember also that when the pink dragons were released, the banner page showed most of those dragons already, including the Unicorn diamond hybrid. I *think* it might be that all the pink dragons were done at the same time, but just released on a weekly basis. That's my guess anyway.

lylahmae
01-22-13, 06:20 PM
Android users would stop complaining if things were released simultaneously to both platforms. Your solution to being treated unfairly is stop voicing feelings and opinions about it? Ever hear of "the squeaky wheel gets the grease?"

Thanks Pinkster That's why we love you.

betsyb514
01-22-13, 06:25 PM
I've got to ask! As far as the Pink dragons for android, what would be the difference in programming them from the programming required for the Magic dragons? Or the Diamond dragons for that matter. Diamonds can produce a result that does not include their color, same as the Pink dragons. Yes, I am an iOS user, but a lot of my very good neighbors are not. I would hate to loose any of them due to these problems. I hope the programmers read this thread. With a grain of salt. You never know where you will get a good idea from. A lot of these posts do have some great suggestions!

profsink
01-22-13, 06:34 PM

I only set aside one, for Virtue, Justice and Unicorn. The rest can bunk with their brethren, silver's not that important.

As an aside, I notice they seem to be waiting till the eleventh hour to put a teaser out this week. I'm guessing another iOS exclusive week and they don't want to hear it for any longer than they have to. Or maybe Quartz is proving as problematic as Sapphire...

Magikot
01-22-13, 06:47 PM
I had the same thought about the update this week.

sollia
01-22-13, 08:12 PM
I only set aside one, for Virtue, Justice and Unicorn. The rest can bunk with their brethren, silver's not that important.

As an aside, I notice they seem to be waiting till the eleventh hour to put a teaser out this week. I'm guessing another iOS exclusive week and they don't want to hear it for any longer than they have to. Or maybe Quartz is proving as problematic as Sapphire...

While I hope not, I have no trouble believing that's the case.

jonnie564
01-22-13, 08:54 PM
need update for android on dragon story this is not fair love your game but if you gone give ios a update give us one as well

MomsHouseofSweets
01-22-13, 10:47 PM
need update for android on dragon story this is not fair love your game but if you gone give ios a update give us one as well

We've been saying that for months.

Chocolat13
01-23-13, 01:40 AM
TL is happy to have 10M daily users and 200M worldwide users but they don't treat customers the same...

luv2wander
01-23-13, 05:36 AM
I've got to ask! As far as the Pink dragons for android, what would be the difference in programming them from the programming required for the Magic dragons? Or the Diamond dragons for that matter. Diamonds can produce a result that does not include their color, same as the Pink dragons. Yes, I am an iOS user, but a lot of my very good neighbors are not. I would hate to loose any of them due to these problems. I hope the programmers read this thread. With a grain of salt. You never know where you will get a good idea from. A lot of these posts do have some great suggestions!

Honestly don't know. I am not a professional programmer but I do some programing and the excuses do not make sense to me. If they can give us new habitats for gold then they can give us pink habitats. If they can give us new le dragons they can give us pink dragons. Once the entire program is ported from one system to the other it should not take 4 months provide an update.

sollia
01-23-13, 11:23 AM

That's a very good point. In my mind they are similar and follow the same rules sooo.....

MomsHouseofSweets
01-23-13, 11:36 AM
That's a very good point. In my mind they are similar and follow the same rules sooo.....

Well, I'm most definitely not a programmer. LOL I would be interested in learning about the difference also. Maybe tonguelasher will return and explain it to us.

sollia
01-23-13, 12:22 PM
Well, I'm most definitely not a programmer. LOL I would be interested in learning about the difference also. Maybe tonguelasher will return and explain it to us.

Oh I'm not at all either, I don't know a thing about programming.

tonguelashing
01-23-13, 12:46 PM

It really depends on how they implemented the Pink element. Pony said the Pink element dragons are a feature as opposed to just an additional element. The Pink element dragons are similar to Magic in that they are not a pure element, you have to breed a specific combo to get it as opposed to buying the base element from the market. However, they are different from magic in that when you do subsequent breedings to get one of the Pink hybrids, you may end up with something based on the original base breeding (light and fire) and an element of whatever you're breeding with. So breeding Virtue with Fire to get Justice, you could produce a love, Laser Light, or Tusker, or another Pink element dragon.

This is also DIFFERENT from diamond in that when you breed diamond you EITHER get a diamond hybrid OR a the element dragon you breed with (or hybrid if you try to breed a diamond with a hybrid dragon instead...but you won't get the diamond hybrid if you try that).

SO, THEREFORE, the coding is actually different. It does depend on how they implement the internal breeding calculator/randomizer as there is now a different number/color set to pull from. THAT SAID, it's not that difficult to port, the code would be identical internally (or should be) as it's a pretty simple addition to their existing breeding calculator that already exists on Android, just have to add a couple more local variables (maybe something passed into the function, not sure as I've not seen the code obviously) but it's pretty straight code in either environment.

betsyb514
01-23-13, 12:51 PM
It really depends on how they implemented the Pink element. Pony said the Pink element dragons are a feature as opposed to just an additional element. The Pink element dragons are similar to Magic in that they are not a pure element, you have to breed a specific combo to get it as opposed to buying the base element from the market. However, they are different from magic in that when you do subsequent breedings to get one of the Pink hybrids, you may end up with something based on the original base breeding (light and fire) and an element of whatever you're breeding with. So breeding Virtue with Fire to get Justice, you could produce a love, Laser Light, or Tusker, or another Pink element dragon.

This is also DIFFERENT from diamond in that when you breed diamond you EITHER get a diamond hybrid OR a the element dragon you breed with (or hybrid if you try to breed a diamond with a hybrid dragon instead...but you won't get the diamond hybrid if you try that).

SO, THEREFORE, the coding is actually different. It does depend on how they implement the internal breeding calculator/randomizer as there is now a different number/color set to pull from. THAT SAID, it's not that difficult to port, the code would be identical internally (or should be) as it's a pretty simple addition to their existing breeding calculator that already exists on Android, just have to add a couple more local variables (maybe something passed into the function, not sure as I've not seen the code obviously) but it's pretty straight code in either environment.

I have gotten a couple of hybrids with a Diamond and basic element combo. When I combined Diamond with Forest I got a Fuzzy. I didn't think that was possible, but since it is...

sollia
01-23-13, 12:56 PM
Thanks for explaining that, tonguelashing. I can see how it is a bit different now.

tonguelashing
01-23-13, 12:58 PM
It also depends on if the breeding calculator is server based or client based. For example, if it's server based, the code is already done..no porting required except maying a calling routine from the client application. But that is (or should be) an XML command send to the server. I have on many occasions put a pair in to breed and waited several seconds for a response to come back, so I think that calculation is server based, not local to the client. At the very least there is some sort of client/server communication exchange. There probably does need to be a code change on the client side, but I don't see it being a hard thing...at least from my perspective, and guess really, of how things are working based on my observations only.

codenamezebra
01-23-13, 01:08 PM
Again... tl can you please hire and pay toungelashing some good money! Androids need it!

fattom19
01-23-13, 03:10 PM
It also depends on if the breeding calculator is server based or client based. For example, if it's server based, the code is already done..no porting required except maying a calling routine from the client application. But that is (or should be) an XML command send to the server. I have on many occasions put a pair in to breed and waited several seconds for a response to come back, so I think that calculation is server based, not local to the client. At the very least there is some sort of client/server communication exchange. There probably does need to be a code change on the client side, but I don't see it being a hard thing...at least from my perspective, and guess really, of how things are working based on my observations only.

I actually remember pony responding to a comment early in this thread, something to the tune of if you know so much about programming we are always looking for new employees or something like that. Now that could have been a response just because she thought the guy was a know it all (wasn't you tongue) or maybe she was being sincere, and if that is the case maybe that is something you should look into. That is unless you have absolutely no desire to work for them, anyways just thought i'd mention it because you seem to know what your talking about.

[S8] Elsa
01-23-13, 03:35 PM
I actually remember pony responding to a comment early in this thread, something to the tune of if you know so much about programming we are always looking for new employees or something like that. Now that could have been a response just because she thought the guy was a know it all (wasn't you tongue) or maybe she was being sincere, and if that is the case maybe that is something you should look into. That is unless you have absolutely no desire to work for them, anyways just thought i'd mention it because you seem to know what your talking about.

You have a good memory. You're correct. We're always looking for new talent! You can check out our Careers (http://storm8.com/careers) page and our blog (http://blog.storm8.com) has plenty of highlights about the company culture. ^_^

jrodt333
01-23-13, 05:06 PM

The interesting thing is that iOS seems to have a client based calculator because on iOS I have no lag for breeding but on Android I do. Or maybe it's just because the game's really slow on Android.

Poetic_Soul
01-23-13, 05:55 PM
Okay I do understand that giving android users the pink element might take alot of extra programing because it is consider a feature. But how much extra programing does it take to give us the extra decor that IOS users have. And since they can give us the emerald dragon because the color is already part of the programing code how hard would it be to give us android/Kindle users another Dragon of the colors that we can breed.

Yes Android/Kindle users are upset because we can't do all the things that IOS users can do. But we are also upset because no new dragon has come out for us at all in the last few updates. I am glad that the Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby and other dragons are released for Android/Kindle but not that their were released only for gold and a high price of gold at that.

emergRN
01-23-13, 06:02 PM
ummm i am not sure we are getting an update. i just logged into ds and the "rate ds and leave a nice comment" window popped up, which usually pops up with my new updates...but that is all that popped up...fingers crossed

Anji330
01-23-13, 06:43 PM
Android is capable of drawing (into a visual) and interacting with, the Pink Habitats and Dragons. I certainly have no problem seeing them or clicking on a Habitat when there's a dragon capable of being played with on it. So... How is that a lack of interoperability with Android? Also, those who got the Pink Dragons and Habitats on iOS and then switched over to Android kept their Pinks, and not one word written here about glitches with it that I've seen. So what really gives here?

kurebiz
01-23-13, 06:47 PM
Erm they might have kept their pinks. But I don't think they tried breeding it or etc because it might get stuck or something

tonguelashing
01-23-13, 07:07 PM

I did check out their careers page, but don't have a degree, just lots of programming and computer experience. Also, the job is in California, and I'm in Victoria, BC, Canada, so unless they are willing for me to be a remote employee (did that when I was a tech writer for Metrowerks -- now called Free SemiConductor) with occasional visits to the main office, it won't work as I'm not in a position to move the Cali. But I appreciate the thought.

scollins326
01-23-13, 07:45 PM
Ok so I have this pretty BA Samsung s3 that does the same thing (maybe more) than iOS equipped devices. I have a diamond dragon and almost all of my dragons are epic forms. I am running out of things to do on this game because I am on an outdated version due to not having an iphone. I need an update soon or I will have to find a different game to play... this is a shame because my kids and I enjoy competing with eachother on who has the best dragons, the most epics, and highest level. Come on people....READY TO GET PINK DRAGONS AND GEMSTONE DRAGONS

mityaj
01-23-13, 09:50 PM
I play on Android system,my wife and son on iOS. It is frustrating not to have access to Album, Trade/Spell shops and the new dragons. However, I remain optimistic. I suppose future updates might remove the discrepancy in feeding costs for dragons (dragons eat less on Android to get to next level), so in the mean time I try to bring all the light hybrids and Holiday dragons to epic form... I'm also collecting rare and super-rare hybrids for future trading. I'm level 50+ and still missing 3 super-rare dragons and diamonds. I hope this will keep me busy before the upgrade for Android and reduce my future costs...

sollia
01-24-13, 04:54 AM
I'm probably getting a new ipod soon, and I don't know if I'll want to play DS on it. It could be nice to have those new features but it may just make DS on my phone seem empty. So I don't know what I'll do.

kurebiz
01-24-13, 05:12 AM
I'm probably getting a new ipod soon, and I don't know if I'll want to play DS on it. It could be nice to have those new features but it may just make DS on my phone seem empty. So I don't know what I'll do.

play on both devices!

accisse
01-24-13, 05:41 AM

I think you should transfer your account to the ipod so that you can have crafting and relieve overcrowding in the habitats. And get pink! Then start a new account on your phone if you like, just for fun or for gifting gold to your ipod account.

fattom19
01-24-13, 01:29 PM
Ok so I have this pretty BA Samsung s3 that does the same thing (maybe more) than iOS equipped devices. I have a diamond dragon and almost all of my dragons are epic forms. I am running out of things to do on this game because I am on an outdated version due to not having an iphone. I need an update soon or I will have to find a different game to play... this is a shame because my kids and I enjoy competing with eachother on who has the best dragons, the most epics, and highest level. Come on people....READY TO GET PINK DRAGONS AND GEMSTONE DRAGONS

I agree 110%, I have successfully obtained every dragon possible around mid December and I have nothing to do except collect coins and apples and I must say that isn't what I'd call an exciting gameplay experience. I really really wish and pray that they release an update with at least the pink dragons so I will once again have something fun and challenging to do, because I really do enjoy this game more than any other game of this sort on my phone. So please please TL give us an update before Vday PLEASEE....

sollia
01-24-13, 01:50 PM
I don't carry my ipod with me the way I do my phone, that's why I'm not planning on transferring my game. I always have my phone, but I only use my ipod before bed and on extended drives.

I guess I'll wait and see if I even get a new ipod though. It's a shame my current one is so old that it can't even download the game.

Suave_Spencer
01-24-13, 02:40 PM
Looks like the new update involves a new element. More things we won't get?

UnoRaven
01-24-13, 02:40 PM
It looks like the Left Heart dragon is for valentines day, and it's another dragon that we can't get. Is TL even trying to release stuff to android? It certainly doesn't seem like it.

sollia
01-24-13, 02:44 PM
It looks like the Left Heart dragon is for valentines day, and it's another dragon that we can't get. Is TL even trying to release stuff to android? It certainly doesn't seem like it.

Nope I don't think they care. At all. Great.

Suave_Spencer
01-24-13, 02:49 PM
Another thing, it's been revealed by a mod on another thread that Android will eventually get the increased feeding prices. I hope this is a sign that we will actually get fully updated, but I suspect they'll just increase the prices without giving us anything else.

UnoRaven
01-24-13, 02:50 PM
Another thing, it's been revealed by a mod on another thread that Android will eventually get the increased feeding prices. I hope this is a sign that we will actually get fully updated, but I suspect they'll just increase the prices without giving us anything else.

Yeah, I saw that too. Everyone evolve your light dragons/hybrids to epic immediately!

sollia
01-24-13, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Everyone evolve your light dragons/hybrids to epic immediately!

I think Pony was just trying to calm that user. I'm not really expecting updates right now.

Well another week with an iOS exclusive update. I think this was the last straw for some people around here.

UnoRaven
01-24-13, 02:57 PM
I think Pony was just trying to calm that user. I'm not really expecting updates right now.

Well another week with an iOS exclusive update. I think this was the last straw for some people around here.

It's been a month since we've gotten any updates, right?

There are so many things I'd say about that if we weren't on a heavily moderated forum grrr

TL are you paying attention? WE WANT AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetstuff525
01-24-13, 03:19 PM
But I think android could get the dragon ... People are getting it without it it showing up in market
They got it with diamond and athletic

profsink
01-24-13, 03:24 PM
Er.. My Market is saying Wild, Mindvolt, Forestfire, Scorpion, Landworm, and Honeybee are "New"...

sweetstuff525
01-24-13, 03:30 PM
Any android with athletic and diamond should try it to see if. Android could get it.... iOS are getting even without having it show up in market....it's worth a shot

Chocolat13
01-24-13, 03:37 PM
I tried three times but i didn't get it: two Magic and one Athletic so far.

jl0408
01-24-13, 03:55 PM
Er.. My Market is saying Wild, Mindvolt, Forestfire, Scorpion, Landworm, and Honeybee are "New"...

Same for me too. I thought that was odd when the Christmas and New Year's LEs were released obviously long after those dragons, but they don't say "New" anymore.

newmoonfashion
01-24-13, 03:59 PM
I play iPad... Still no Saphire or heart dragons for me either. So it's only a selected few who has the update.
I have to pay 2000 gold if I wan't to buy a Diamond. How much do Android pay?
I can't seem to breed one.
Don't have gold sales either...

jl0408
01-24-13, 04:00 PM
Any android with athletic and diamond should try it to see if. Android could get it.... iOS are getting even without having it show up in market....it's worth a shot

I saw someone say they got this new mystery left heart dragon with landworm and mirage. I might try that because I while I do have an athletic, I don't have a diamond. I do have landworm and mirage. I wonder how long the breeding time is supposed to be.

ubobdgc
01-24-13, 04:03 PM
I play iPad... Still no Saphire or heart dragons for me either. So it's only a selected few who has the update.
I have to pay 2000 gold if I wan't to buy a Diamond. How much do Android pay?
I can't seem to breed one.
Don't have gold sales either...

Before you go spreading a rumor, you should know that TL accent entry enabled it. No testing.

ubobdgc
01-24-13, 04:03 PM
Accidentally enabled

jl0408
01-24-13, 04:15 PM
I saw someone say they got this new mystery left heart dragon with landworm and mirage. I might try that because I while I do have an athletic, I don't have a diamond. I do have landworm and mirage. I wonder how long the breeding time is supposed to be.

Well I just tried it and got 12 hours which is what this other thread says it is. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45018-**New-Dragon**-LEFT-HEART-DRAGON
Of course with landworm/mirage it could also be water, firestorm, mermaid, or mistmoth. I'll be disappointed if it's anything but the heart dragon or mistmoth.

Magikot
01-24-13, 04:22 PM
I have some gold saved up. I'm going to see what I get. I'm sure it's a waste but why not? It's not like I have anything else to spend it on.

Magikot
01-24-13, 04:38 PM
Stopped trying...
The issue has been resolved and Dragons are no longer breedable.

(Sorry, posted on the wrong thread earlier!)

ubobdgc
01-24-13, 04:38 PM
But either way, I'm android, I don't play on my account because of ack of updates, so I know what everyone's going through

Magikot
01-24-13, 04:44 PM
Wish we could trade in dragons already. I'm going to start selling rares for 100 coin soon. Hey at least we got a preview of what we won't get for Valentine's Day. I'm sick and not in a good mood, trying to stay positive but it's getting harder to do so.

sollia
01-24-13, 04:46 PM
Wish we could trade in dragons already. I'm going to start selling rares for 100 coin soon. Hey at least we got a preview of what we won't get for Valentine's Day. I'm sick and not in a good mood, trying to stay positive but it's getting harder to do so.

I'm in the same boat, I'm sick and crabby and these never ending iOS exclusive updates....

Candy3030
01-24-13, 04:48 PM
Dont waste your time on the new dragons (left & right dragons) the issue was fixed and they are no longer breedable :(

Chocolat13
01-24-13, 04:49 PM
I wish we could get any update soon, i really love this game but i'm getting bored. And i'm afraid we won't get those right-left heart dragons... (i couldn't breed them tonight while some IOs users had 3 in a row).

sollia
01-24-13, 04:50 PM
Dont waste your time on the new dragons (left & right dragons) the issue was fixed and they are no longer breedable :(

I assumed from the beginning that they wouldn't be on Android anyway...

sollia
01-24-13, 04:52 PM
I wish we could get any update soon, i really love this game but i'm getting bored. And i'm afraid we won't get those right-left heart dragons... (i couldn't breed them tonight while some IOs users had 3 in a row).

My prediction about those dragons are that each gives a special gem when you trade them in and then you craft a whole heart dragon. So I doubt we'll have them.

Magikot
01-24-13, 04:55 PM
It's getting easier and easier to walk away from all the time I vested in this game. Even that won't keep us here forever. I asked tl if their intent of leaving us out of updates was so they no longer had to worry about updating android anymore. I'm sure that would take receive an answer.

Magikot
01-24-13, 04:59 PM
My prediction about those dragons are that each gives a special gem when you trade them in and then you craft a whole heart dragon. So I doubt we'll have them.

I think the same thing too. Makes sense and it's a cute idea, too bad we won't get it. I only tried because it have nothing better to spend the gold on. Gold won't mean a thing after I uninstall.

Candy3030 thanks for letting us know they fixed it. I thankfully I read that after only three tries.

Magikot
01-24-13, 05:03 PM
I admit I'm a glutton for punishment, was reading reading the thread and here's the proof we need that android will not have it unless we get updated..

Me too. I sent about 200 gold in all so I better get to keep them.... Did anyone else evolve yet? My LeftHeart was Pink in the evolution temple O_o

Chocolat13
01-24-13, 05:10 PM
Please Team Lava, do something for us, this situation is making everyone sad. We love this game and we want to enjoy all the features and functions...

MomsHouseofSweets
01-24-13, 05:34 PM
I assumed from the beginning that they wouldn't be on Android anyway...

Of course they're not for we Androids. When was the last time TL did much of anything for us? However .. IF they were able to "accidently" release this new dragon to us (which they did, some how and then take it back) ... how could they do that? I mean, all we've heard is they can't, it's not ready, we're working on it. Seems to me that they CAN, they just prefer this to be an IOS exclusive game just as it was originally designed. Not that it means anything to TL, but I have one foot out the door and the other foot inching its way closer tonight, what with this new IOS dragon. It's been months. How much longer are we supposed to continue waiting ... another 4 months ... 6 months ... longer??

Magikot
01-24-13, 06:29 PM
Not that it means anything to TL, but I have one foot out the door and the other foot inching its way closer tonight, what with this new IOS dragon. It's been months. How much longer are we supposed to continue waiting ... another 4 months ... 6 months ... longer??

Feel the same way. I starting to think they are doing it on purpose. I haven't rated games since Google started forcing you to use google+. I'm about ready to sign up just to review ds. People should know the way tl is treating android players, before they bother investing time.

hamadrys
01-24-13, 06:48 PM
It is probably what is going on. It became too difficult to update for all the different Android devices, or they don't have the staff they need, or it costs them too much money. Therefore, we are dropped. They won't announce it otherwise so many people that are still waiting on updates would leave. I wish I am wrong.

emergRN
01-24-13, 06:49 PM
It is probably what is going on. It became too difficult to update for all the different Android devices, or they don't have the staff they need, or it costs them too much money. Therefore, we are dropped. They won't announce it otherwise so many people that are still waiting on updates would leave. I wish I am wrong.

i hope you are wrong too. if that is the case, i am so done. i like this game but i can find something more constructive to do during that time in my life.

hamadrys
01-24-13, 06:54 PM
You know, it is kind of silly how one can get attached to some virtual little creatures like that. It would really make me sad to stop playing this game. But as MomsHouseofSweets wrote before, we put so much time and effort, we talk about it here, we all are frantic to get the LE's and then nothing. It is a well done game, very well done. I have been looking around for something similar and get one that is a bit like this but...it is not as well designed. I really hope they update us.

profsink
01-24-13, 08:01 PM
Yup, Dragon Story (iOS) is the best dragon breeding app you'll find. Dragon Story (Android) is sadly just about the worst dragon breeding app you'll find. Sad, really.

jrodt333
01-24-13, 10:42 PM
This probably doesn't mean much, but because iOS didn't really get an update this week, it could mean they're spending their time working on an Android update. Possibly. More likely they've working on the new heart dragons or on dark dragons though.

Anji330
01-24-13, 11:18 PM
This probably doesn't mean much, but because iOS didn't really get an update this week, it could mean they're spending their time working on an Android update. Possibly. More likely they've working on the new heart dragons or on dark dragons though.

They are half-heartedly working on things. And yeah, you can bet it's not for Android. My guess is they didn't want to release it to another barrage of complaints from the Android corner, but "accidentally" pushing it out there is just as bad. I mean, isn't there a version on a private server for testing? Geez.

kurebiz
01-25-13, 12:12 AM
well. maybe we should all just go cool down and wait a bit. all these speculations dont really make us feel any better..

Magikot
01-25-13, 08:16 AM
well. maybe we should all just go cool down and wait a bit. all these speculations dont really make us feel any better..

Probably not a bad idea. Then again if we could get a straight answer regarding the status of our updates we wouldn't have to speculate. A tl employee actually posted on the thread about Kindle players and why they haven't been receiving the holiday versions of rs, bs etc. Maybe we will get lucky enough to get some answers of our own. Lol yeah right!

I will apologize ahead of time, I didn't sleep well last night. I feel worse than I did yesterday, I am in a mood today, not bad... Just fiesta, testy. Probably the nicest way to say a word that begins with the second letter of the alphabet I am could think of! :p

Magikot
01-25-13, 08:18 AM
... That I could think of. I'm going to have to watch SwiftKey today, it's making crazy corrections.

Anji330
01-25-13, 09:35 AM
No cool down needed, is there? I didn't see any posts that seemed like the author was upset. Unless something got deleted?
I'm personally beyond getting mad about all this, I'm just posting what I believe. I'm more resigned than anything else, and that's a sadder commentary, in my opinion.

tonguelashing
01-25-13, 09:37 AM

I agree. Those of you that *know* me and have read my posts, know that I'm a strong android advocate. However, I think the lack of a full update this week (remembering that the new dragon was an accidental update), no teasers this week, and so forth, give me some optimism that TeamLava *is* indeed working getting at least the pink dragons out for android. I don't know if I'm fully optimistic about a full update with boosts, new dawn goals, spells/crafting or not yet though. I think we'll also get the updated feeding costs.

I can hope for a finally full update for our beloved game, but I'm cautious. I recommend everyone take a breath and see what happens over the next little while, particularly as we approach valentines. Let's give TL some time and space.

emergRN
01-25-13, 11:50 AM
just a heads up, some android users have reported new decorations in both versions of ds :-) not sure if this was another mistake but looks like valentines decor :-)

tonguelashing
01-25-13, 11:53 AM
just a heads up, some android users have reported new decorations in both versions of ds :-) not sure if this was another mistake but looks like valentines decor :-)

Yes, I think it coincides with the whole valentines day update that came out yesterday and then pulled.

I think there are some new features on a new server or new backend database that everyone is slowly being ported to. this would explain why some people get updates and see things and others do not. May also depend on when you joined DS. It might have added you to the newer server and other users are still waiting to be moved/ported. That's my theory and I think TL is working very hard to get things equalized as fast as possible and I'm willing to give them the space and time to do so as I really enjoy this game and want to support TL in this.

Magikot
01-25-13, 11:53 AM
I found them in nd, haven't looked in original ds yet. The only one locked to me was the rose arch, the others appeared available for purchase. I did not try to buy them yet. I checked the account I started on my husband's IPad, the same items did not show up.

Magikot
01-25-13, 12:01 PM
... I'm willing to give them the space and time to do so as I really enjoy this game and want to support TL in this.

+1. Like I said, actions speak louder than words. Seeing them trying is enough to make me more patient. Even if it's baby steps, that's still better than nothing. I wouldn't expect them to dump all that content to android at the same time. I can't even imagine the nightmare it would cause if something went wrong. My husband isn't a programmer, he's more into hardware (voip, servers etc.) It's not the same thing, but it's similar enough that I understand what can go wrong. I've sat back and watch him deal with with nightmare consequences when taking new software or hardware live.

UnoRaven
01-25-13, 12:14 PM
Yes, I am VERY pleased that we might be seeing some progress! That's all we wanted, right? Proof that they were actually working on it, rather than just ignoring us to push out more IOS content. I'm not sure if it's confirmed that Android could get the Heart dragons (anybody know?) but these decorations were definitely available to us, and that's more than we've seen for a month! Four for you, TL! I'm glad I didn't quit like I wanted to yesterday lol

Candy3030
01-25-13, 12:52 PM

Ive seen them too :)
Mabe this is just for you android users because Im on IOS and I cant find them anywhere in my deco...

emergRN
01-25-13, 12:56 PM
Ive seen them too :)
Mabe this is just for you android users because Im on IOS and I cant find them anywhere in my deco...

yeah i dont think ios users have seen these decorations but i am sure they will be released to all. i just checked my ds nd and did not have them there but i have high hopes something will happen soon...for both ios and android.

paradiseisland727
01-25-13, 12:56 PM
Why don't I have any of those new decorations?

profsink
01-25-13, 01:04 PM
The new decor was accidentally released for as few hours - it's been fixed and is no longer available until the big Valentine's update, whatever that will be.

jrodt333
01-25-13, 01:53 PM
Why am I always away when stuff gets released "accidently"?! Lol.

Magikot
01-25-13, 03:23 PM
Why am I always away when stuff gets released "accidently"?! Lol.

I was here and too foggy (from being sick) headed to buy anything before I logged out! What can I say, I'm a goober!

codenamezebra
01-25-13, 03:27 PM
Here, I was bored and things were happening so I took pics.....
I am on Android Galaxy SIII... Running New Dawn and Original Daily...
♦In the last 2 days.... updates than came accidentally... I got to keep the few I bought...
http://i.imgur.com/VWOWJLGl.png
http://i.imgur.com/plZgyT3l.png
http://i.imgur.com/TuvuKnvl.jpg
I was hoping I could accidentally get that new half heart dragon since I had the deco.... but I got a coral instead .... :(
♦Random revert "Featured" and "old" new items lol on both ND and DS...
http://i.imgur.com/h5fCaGNl.png
♦Still have an extra "light" icon on the market in ND only.......
http://i.imgur.com/eKfHlXGl.png
http://i.imgur.com/2aYsGBHl.png
♦Featured has now corrected itself in both ND and DS....
http://i.imgur.com/PGIBTRJl.png

codenamezebra
01-25-13, 03:48 PM
And in my "quest for knowledge" about the Nether Portal I discovered that "Locked" " Level 1000" was because this used to be a quest or goal item..... makes you wonder if that is the case for Rose Archway....

tonguelashing
01-25-13, 03:49 PM
And in my "quest for knowledge" about the Nether Portal I discovered that "Locked" " Level 1000" was because this used to be a quest or goal item..... makes you wonder if that is the case for Rose Archway....

Yes, most likely to be the same kind of thing. Should be interesting to see what they come up with for that.

jrodt333
01-25-13, 04:32 PM
Yes, most likely to be the same kind of thing. Should be interesting to see what they come up with for that.

Probably the classic visit 5 neighbors/buy a decoration/plant 5 fireapples and then breed a left heart and a right heart, if those dragons get released on Android, which I think is possible.

Suave_Spencer
01-25-13, 05:13 PM
I'm actually able to buy the Nether Portal for 9000 coins. Not sure about ND, I haven't bothered with it.

jrodt333
01-25-13, 05:41 PM
I'm actually able to buy the Nether Portal for 9000 coins. Not sure about ND, I haven't bothered with it.

You can buy it in ND if you can buy it in the original version.

sollia
01-25-13, 05:48 PM
What's a nether portal?

codenamezebra
01-25-13, 05:49 PM
Well the pic I posted was from nd I cant buy it so u must have completed something I have not

kurebiz
01-25-13, 05:55 PM
I agree. Those of you that *know* me and have read my posts, know that I'm a strong android advocate. However, I think the lack of a full update this week (remembering that the new dragon was an accidental update), no teasers this week, and so forth, give me some optimism that TeamLava *is* indeed working getting at least the pink dragons out for android. I don't know if I'm fully optimistic about a full update with boosts, new dawn goals, spells/crafting or not yet though. I think we'll also get the updated feeding costs.

I can hope for a finally full update for our beloved game, but I'm cautious. I recommend everyone take a breath and see what happens over the next little while, particularly as we approach valentines. Let's give TL some time and space.

at the very least there's no update for iOS too, and the disparity between the 2 systems does not widen this week.
for a change, quite hilarious to see some iOS users complaining about not having sapphire. and the mini war of words that ensued. :x

i dont have the new decos on ND!

jrodt333
01-25-13, 05:56 PM
What's a nether portal?

It's a decoration that was released around the time of the Olympics. It can only be unlocked by completing a limited time goal that ended long ago. Android got Dragon Story after the goal was released so many Android players don't have one. The Amazon Appstore got Dragon Story after the goal expired so none of them can get it.

moosehay
01-25-13, 06:07 PM
It's a decoration that was released aroandroid had the und the time of the Olympics. It can only be unlocked by completing a limited time goal that ended long ago. Android got Dragon Story after the goal was released so many Android players don't have one. The Amazon Appstore got Dragon Story after the goal expired so none of them can get it.

DS for Android had to have been out before the goal expired because I had it, completed it and unlocked the nether portal for purchase. I am (and have always been) on Android only.

sollia
01-25-13, 06:14 PM
Ah okay. I wasn't playing DS back then.

Funny, some find iOS users complaining about Sapphire entertaining but I find their complaints self-centered and insufferable.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-25-13, 09:18 PM

You're able to buy the Nether Portal now? Are you IOS? I play on both the ND and the older or original game now and then. The Nether Portal isn't available on either.

jrodt333
01-25-13, 10:52 PM
DS for Android had to have been out before the goal expired because I had it, completed it and unlocked the nether portal for purchase. I am (and have always been) on Android only.

It did have the goal, but there were only around 10 days left and all the Android players were a low level around that time, but yes, it was out. l got it in time myself.

luv2wander
01-25-13, 10:57 PM
You're able to buy the Nether Portal now? Are you IOS? I play on both the ND and the older or original game now and then. The Nether Portal isn't available on either.

I am sure he can buy it now because I can and I have only played on android. When I first started playing DS original there was a goal having to do with the portal. I vaguely remember getting a message that I had failed to complete it in time but the portal was available for purchase and I bought one. It is still available for me to purchase.

azychan
01-26-13, 02:24 AM
It did have the goal, but there were only around 10 days left and all the Android players were a low level around that time, but yes, it was out. l got it in time myself.

The same with me, I have the goal when i'm in very low level so i can't complete it, but after the goal expired, i realized i can buy the nether portal from market with 9000 coins.

Suave_Spencer
01-26-13, 03:16 AM

Nope, Android. I have no idea why, I started playing after the goal expired...

hamadrys
01-26-13, 05:55 AM
Me too. Nether Portal is now locked up to level 1000. Which means...not available anymore. Too bad, it was a cool decoration.

jrodt333
01-26-13, 11:00 AM
They ought to just unlock it for everyone who doesn't have one yet.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-26-13, 04:21 PM
I would pay the 9000 in coins. I've really wanted one, but it's not available.

Magikot
01-26-13, 04:47 PM
I just looked, mine is still available for purchase. I must have completed the question when I first started playing without realizing it. I had no idea what I was doing at first!

Magikot
01-26-13, 04:48 PM
Lol question = quest. Sorry didn't catch the auto-correct, one of my boys was talking to me while I was responding.

Nefertekas
01-26-13, 05:09 PM
Ah okay. I wasn't playing DS back then.

Funny, some find iOS users complaining about Sapphire entertaining but I find their complaints self-centered and insufferable.
Completely agree with you , like moo, and I'm iOS! I mean, seriously. It annoys me to read those comments. "I don't care that I'm being bratty and childish and immature about this, and I don't care that android users have been suffering for a long time now. I'm so unhappy for having to wait a few more weeks than a few other players, boo-hoo!"
...just...wow!!

Alas, both iOs and android who weren't playing by the time of the olympics missed the timer for the athletic dragon. I actually got it just in time, and was terribly disappointed that the portal wasn't really a portal... :) hehehe.

stoogehunter
01-26-13, 06:39 PM
So just because android users are worse off than iOS users means that iOS users aren't allowed to complain about anything? That's so arrogant!
I understand android users frustration, I really do. But you guys post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD and ruin it for the others. We can't talk about anything without an android user complaining in that thread. It's just not nessasary. It's not going to make TL hurry up so why not just stay in your own thread that was made for you to complain in instead of ruining everyone else's forum experience. You act as if TL owes you something. It's a FREE game, they don't owe you anything. Get over it.
I'm sorry, I know you're all going to hate on me for this, but it needs to be said and no one else has the guts to say it.

hamadrys
01-26-13, 06:59 PM
Hope you feel better after lashing out. I am always amazed at how aggressive people are on forums of any kind. Some are attacked on their dragon preference, some because they are Android users who are crabby to wait for the goodies that is given to IOS players constantly and right under their nose, some are insulted because they dare to have a different opinion...and it goes on and on. Everyone can see it, than the mods try to soothe things and it gets better for a bit but then, someone had a bad day, is safely behind a computer screen and BAM ! here we go again.
This is a cool community for the most, people are here to talk about something they enjoy, and also discuss the problems encountered by some. Everyone has the right to talk in any thread they choose. The key is stay civil and respectful.
Is it that hard ???

sollia
01-26-13, 07:55 PM
Eh, was I too mean?

I'm running out of excuses for being crabby. Need some new ones....

;)

MomsHouseofSweets
01-26-13, 08:00 PM
Eh, was I too mean?

I'm running out of excuses for being crabby. Need some new ones....

;)

LOL Nahhh ... I don't think you were being mean. This is, after all, the "Update for Android" thread. Why would an IOS player want to be here, I wonder .......

sollia
01-26-13, 08:01 PM
LOL Nahhh ... I don't think you were being mean. This is, after all, the "Update for Android" thread. Why would an IOS player want to be here, I wonder .......

Well I think that user thinks every thread is the android complaining thread so what's the difference :P

sollia
01-26-13, 08:51 PM
Oh, and I'm sick of complaining. You don't want to read my complaints and I don't want to keep complaining. But I'm certainly not going to shut up when they haven't done what they said they would. They have said that updates are coming and yet there are none for Android to be found. Why should we be quiet when we haven't gotten what we were promised?

henrylucky
01-26-13, 09:04 PM
Oh, and I'm sick of complaining. You don't want to read my complaints and I don't want to keep complaining. But I'm certainly not going to shut up when they haven't done what they said they would. They have said that updates are coming and yet there are none for Android to be found. Why should we be quiet when we haven't gotten what we were promised?

We'll get those updates, maybe next week :) or next 2 weeks or next 3 weeks or next month or even next year :(
I hope there won't LE dragons just for iOS...

Candy3030
01-26-13, 09:14 PM
OK let's everyone chill. As I've said before (and this applies to the lack of sapphire dragon for iOS as well as android), I do believe very strongly that TL is trying very hard to get out an update. For whatever reason they are experiencing some technical difficulties. I'm as strong an advocate for android update as anyone (stronger), but let's keep our perspective shall we, be patient everyone (android and iOS users)

I completely agree with you on that... Look at all the mistakes this week(end) the heart dragons the deco... abviousely there trying something.
I know its a long time waiting but something is definately going on with them, lets see what comes ...

ubobdgc
01-26-13, 10:08 PM
There already been an anoncment saying that android users don't get as much because android makes so many devices, all running different software, where as apple has very few software and phones.

Anji330
01-26-13, 10:11 PM
There already been an anoncment saying that android users don't get as much because android makes so many devices, all running different software, where as apple has very few software and phones.

Annnd that's been blown out of the water with a little informational post from tonguelashing.

henrylucky
01-26-13, 10:49 PM

What you mean different software ??
I think all are same, that's Android, just a little difference of version...

tonguelashing
01-26-13, 10:51 PM
Edit shouldn't be turning on each other

I agree completely.

When new dawn came out for iOS (my fiancee Installed it) I was excited about the white habitats and a whole series of new dragons. Then I went to the android app Store and didn't find New Dawn for android. When I asked about it, I was told its only for iOS users. I was, quite frankly, livid. And this is as an adult of now 45 yrs old as of Jan 21. I had sold everything on my island I could and left a nasty message. While later the light dragons came out for Android, but still now New Dawn update. I was appeased for the time being but wanted the same things my fiancee had on her iPad and (now) iPhone as well.

Fast forward 4 months. We are still waiting, and while I'm still not completely happy, I am encouraged By recent events as I understand programming and databases and severs and so forth. I know what it takes to make cross platform applications work. So I have a cooler head and am waiting patiently, I suggest we all do the same.

I do believe there will be a lot of very upset Android users if a major update doesn't come out by or before valentines day or whatever day/week TL will release the new updates. But until then, grab a drink, sit back and relax. Store food, get your light dragons all to epic, keep spare dragons for trading ( I have 6 auroras for example) and do the things you can do. Breed diamonds and hybrids, I. Sure you all do t have one right?

So let's stop the bickering on both sides. This isn't a player vs player thing. Support TL, and let's see what happens. I'm thinking next week will be big, but that is just a guess on my part (and a hope too).

Tonguelashing

moosehay
01-26-13, 11:18 PM
I wasn't going to say anything, but isn't this an IOS based game? So if all aspects of it is not available to Android users, sorry. But IT IS AN IOS BASED GAME. and complaining on every thread is selfish to IOS BASED PLAYERS.
Seriously?? Obviously, it hasn't been an ios based game since they put out an Android version. It BEGAN as an ios only game. Big difference... and personally, I find your comment disrespectful and rude as well as incorrect... and a few other adjectives I won't mention for the sake of being polite.

jrodt333
01-26-13, 11:25 PM
What you mean different software ??
I think all are same, that's Android, just a little difference of version...

I think they mean that all the Androids are a little different. Notice how some apps on the store are not compatible with certain devices? TL says that the update's taking so long because they want it to be compatible with all devices.

tinypixie88
01-26-13, 11:46 PM
Okay, I wasn't going to post anything but I think it's starting to get out of hand so here's a few points:

TL considers themselves the "#1 Mobile Social Game Developer on Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Because they hold themselves as the #1 developer, it should be our right as users of their media to assume that they would release and keep all users up to date...not just one or the other. So kwhales, you are right, DS is originally an IOS game, but if they are going to advertise themselves as the #1 developer for everything they listed, they should be able to handle it all fairly and equally.

I'm using a kindle for this game, but I have an iPad, and I program for both Android and IOS. I actually prefer Android because it's easy once you have the base programming, no matter how many different devices there are. From what I read, I'm actually behind everyone! Do I care very much, not really, I don't have much time to play, and honestly, it's a game. I haven't spent any money on the game, and if you do, that is really your own personal decision. Whomever does or does not spend money isn't going to make a difference to TL, they're just going to do things the way that they want to. I didn't even know about the slower updates until I came here!

Saying that Android users have complained in every thread is NOT true. Android users are basically told to keep the complaints in this thread and I have seen them disappear from other threads because the mods are moving or deleting them, whereas IOS users can complain in any thread, even this one! Honestly all I really want to say is keep it nice. Most IOS users understand why Android users are upset and the ones who decide to come here to post rude comments should just be ignored, and vice- versa for rude Android posters. Just because no one can see you does not mean there is any place to be rude, irritable, angry, disrespectful or anything else. For IOS users who are tired of reading complaints, don't read them, or stop to think of what you would do if you were left months behind of several HUGE updates. For Android users, everyone understands that we are all irritated and angry about being so far behind, but try respect other users still. IOS users don't have control over what updates they get, just like they can't stop their games from being updated. They have every right to complain about the differences in their updates as we do. They aren't being selfish or anything else, they just can't be compared to our version of DS.

I guess what I really want to say is think of it this way, there are two versions of DS: Android and IOS. Obviously the two cannot be compared to each other, so treat it as two different games, or just share. Don't think that one person is being particularly rude because they are unhappy with something they don't have. Just like for IOS users that are unhappy that we have lower feeding costs, remember what you do have in comparison, and maybe think about if you would give up all your updates back to several months ago Just to have the lower feeding costs.

Wow...this came out longer than I thought it would! I'm not here to make anyone angry though, I just thought a reminder of general respect to ALL USERS needed to be pointed out.

tinypixie88
01-26-13, 11:55 PM
Hey kwhales, I didn't mean to single you out in my post, I just wanted to use your post as an example and to make a general point regarding TL and their advertising. And to everyone/anyone who feels that what kwhales posted was rude, etc., should remember that he/she has always been very polite in all posts and supports the Android catchup update. :)

silverdragon686
01-27-13, 12:07 AM
I realize I'm feeding the trolls, but I just have to say... It take a serious amount of balls to post comments about how DS is an iOS only game, Android users complain everywhere and shouldn't get updates because they complain, and how we're not owed anything because DS is a free game and we're paying customers in a 65+ page thread specifically for Android users. Way to pass up the stick and hit the proverbial wasp nest with your face.

But I suppose we should cut them a little slack. They must be so upset about their Sapphire dragons not being released that they have to pick on the lesser guy to make themselves feel better.

Anyway, the point is that any complaints in other threads are usually redirected here or deleted. Even if they aren't, you are in control of your own self and should easily be able to skip over those posts. There's no reason that you should have to come in here and make erroneous and inflammatory remarks. And if you can't control your behavior, at least leave it outside of this thread. And seek psychiatric help. For the good of the community. Please.

And that's "you" plural.

Nefertekas
01-27-13, 01:33 AM
Some chillaxing is seriously needed here.
Everyone has a right to complain, even though some complaints may be tacky. I mean, I'm a bit annoyed that I haven't gotten leopard or kite yet. And even though kite is only available to iOS for now, and I feel bad about android not being able to get them yet, I'm still complaining about my game because it's something i have tried for and kept failing. It irks me and is just the way it is x'D
However, saying stuff like "i don't care about what androids think/feel/want" makes me feel sad about the person. It sounds petty.

I'm sure it does dampen the joy of the iOS users after an hour or so of crafting their beautiful new dragons (that we are offered for money only) to come to the forum to see what's happening only to find their new updates ruined by Android users complaining because they were left out - again. It must be hard for them to fully enjoy the new, pretty Pink Habitats and Pink Dragons because they know we're complaining about not having them.

(...)

I do not believe it's possible for posts about being left out of multiple updates and even weekly updates now to be any more annoying than the constant (normal) whining about how someone just can't get that one dragon, and oh-my-gawd this game must be rigged, and when will we get more habitats so I can have 3 of each dragon like I want, and where is the new banner for my new dragons, and on and on and on. Pffft!

*I wasn't going to post, either, but the snarky posts bother me.

Well, I'm not annoyed about the complaints - and yes, they're on many ofthe threads. Not all, obviously, because some are so totally un-related, but they're in SEVERAL threads. So what? I mean, iOS users have come to this thread (in my case, to read and mostly sympathize, cause i'm on your side) and we always complain about stuff that bothers us, just like any other person does. I can't see how some people are so bothered by the constant complains. I mean, the waiting is constantand won't go away...makes sense to be frustrated.

A complaint is a complaint, be it for whatever reason just like this poster has so elloquently said. ;) even though it may get old to "read" the "same" thing over and over, it doesn't have to BOTHER anyone. People need to be more understanding, eesh.

Chocolat13
01-27-13, 05:00 AM
When are we going to hear some news from Team Lava? An actual statement that gives us a deadline, a delay, an information... Everyone is pissed of by this situation, the forum is a mess... It's maybe time for TL to REALLY gives us something, anything.

Suave_Spencer
01-27-13, 05:35 AM
When are we going to hear some news from Team Lava? An actual statement that gives us a deadline, a delay, an information... Everyone is pissed of by this situation, the forum is a mess... It's maybe time for TL to REALLY gives us something, anything.

I doubt it. They haven't even given iOS users any news about the Sapphire dragon...

UnoRaven
01-27-13, 06:00 AM
Wow. Well I've certainly lost respect for you IOS users. It's not enough to have all of the content, but you have to insult anyone who doesn't! I don't use apple products because I consider them to be status symbols more than anything, and my point has certainly been backed up again.

dondonuk
01-27-13, 06:02 AM
Reading through this thread makes me feel uncomfortable to come on here much anymore. I have said once on here that the updates difference is upsetting but when I think about it I'm happy as an android player to be able to try for the dragons I don't have e.g serpent,wizard titan diamond to name a few. I feel all android players are being tarred with the same brush and it all seems to be getting out of hand. I say if you ain't happy stop playing or just get on with it. The updates will come when they come.

dondonuk
01-27-13, 06:05 AM
I also wonder how many on here that are ios and android players are actually neighbours in the game but argue about it on here. It is silly to be atguing like this. I used to think the forum fun.

hamadrys
01-27-13, 06:43 AM
I feel the same way. Too much aggressivity going on here... :(
Saying that TL doesn't owe anything to anybody is to me, a good joke. They are a business and we are customers. Both IOS and Android. Once the business offer a service to customers, it is their DUTY to keep the customers happy. That's good business.
They decided to take on the Android customers, therefore, they should do their best to keep them happy.

The complaints of IOS regarding the pink banner, the sapphire dragon, or other delays make me think of a well fed individual sitting beside a starving one and complaining because dessert is not served yet !

Nefertekas
01-27-13, 07:32 AM
Wow. Well I've certainly lost respect for you IOS users. It's not enough to have all of the content, but you have to insult anyone who doesn't! I don't use apple products because I consider them to be status symbols more than anything, and my point has certainly been backed up again.

You don't have to shove us all in the same bag. :p and I have an iDevice because it was a present, not my personal purchase OR choice. ;D

I feel the same way. Too much aggressivity going on here... :(
Saying that TL doesn't owe anything to anybody is to me, a good joke. They are a business and we are customers. Both IOS and Android. Once the business offer a service to customers, it is their DUTY to keep the customers happy. That's good business.
They decided to take on the Android customers, therefore, they should do their best to keep them happy.

Darn right!

kwhales
01-27-13, 07:35 AM
Hey kwhales, I didn't mean to single you out in my post, I just wanted to use your post as an example and to make a general point regarding TL and their advertising. And to everyone/anyone who feels that what kwhales posted was rude, etc., should remember that he/she has always been very polite in all posts and supports the Android catchup update. :)

It's okay. I was actually responding to one particular post (703) which I thought was uncalled for and immature. Guess I should have used quotes. I do wish android players had everything available. I just feel that sometimes IOS players get targeted with android frustration, and its upsetting and then venting comes into play (as this thread is showing). Its a new day, maybe IOS and android players can start over and be friendly again.

UnoRaven
01-27-13, 07:50 AM
You don't have to shove us all in the same bag. :p and I have an iDevice because it was a present, not my personal purchase OR choice. ;D

Oh, I certainly wasn't trying to be rude. But I live in the south, and went to one of the biggest south eastern public universities, and got nasty looks from all of the sorority girls when I pulled out my android phone/windows computer next to all of their iphones and macs. Two of my closest friends are somewhat wealthy and they both admit that their families own only apple products because they're 'higher class' than other products. It's kind of like Starbucks coffee--it's still coffee, and it tastes good (i'd basically do anything for a white chocolate hot chocolate), but it's kind of a bragging right. I don't know if it's like that everywhere, but it certainly is in my area of the country.

I don't look at every IOS user and think "well they're a rude elitist," but some of the posts in this thread certainly fall under that category.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-27-13, 07:58 AM
It's okay. I was actually responding to one particular post (703) which I thought was uncalled for and immature. Guess I should have used quotes. I do wish android players had everything available. I just feel that sometimes IOS players get targeted with android frustration, and its upsetting and then venting comes into play (as this thread is showing). Its a new day, maybe IOS and android players can start over and be friendly again.

I hold no animosity toward IOS players. As I've said several times ... it's not the fault of IOS players that any of this updating mess has occurred. IOS players are not to blame and it's just not possible that they could be at fault. The MODs aren't to blame. I've also said recently that our MODs have pretty much been thrown to the wolves and with little to no protection (protection = information). Fault lies NOT with players, regardless of platform. I have not, to my knowledge, attacked any IOS player, although I admit to being sarcastic referring to he uncalled for rant of an IOS player yesterday evening. Players are not at fault for any of this update mess, no matter what flavor they happen to be ... Android or IOS. It would be rather stupid for me to hold IOS players at fault for something they can't control. LOL As for the Sapphire dragon ... I'll say again ... I don't think it should have been released to only SOME of the IOS players! TL should have waited to release it to ALL of them.

kwhales
01-27-13, 08:06 AM
I think IOS and Android players know that the animosity isn't actually directed at each other. But sometimes there is a thin gray line that gets crossed when venting and frustration takes over.

Someday (hopefully soon) android will get the releases available to IOS, but I think they will be in beta for awhile, so not all androids will get them at the same time, or they will get different parts of updates. Just remember this and don't vent on each other like what is happening now with IOS and Android.

Takiofallen
01-27-13, 09:31 AM
Wow i go away for a week and a new war has started? There is nothing much left to say that has not already been said so i will keep it brief.

1.This thread is the definition of insanity. (Doing the same thing and expecting a different result)
2. It's just like reality TV. People keep coming back for the drama.
3. People will always complain because people are never satisfied.
4. It's amazing how a game can invoke so much emotion.
95% of this thread was emotionally driven the other 5% was well thought out replies. In the end this whole thing has been brewing for months and it finally boiled over.

sollia
01-27-13, 09:38 AM
Wow looks like the war went on after I crashed.

I have to get ready for church but I have one last thing to say.

Oh heck I don't know how to word this and I'm running out of time so I won't, because the last thing I need is to make more trouble.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I am. I'm a generally crabby person and when a debate starts I just can't help it.

Aaaaaaand on that note I need to leave to get dressed.

cedkugedchgd
01-27-13, 01:14 PM
people! say "BUBBLES" and everything's gonna be okay :) there is no way to say "bubbles" in an angry way!

moosehay
01-27-13, 02:08 PM
people! say "BUBBLES" and everything's gonna be okay :) there is no way to say "bubbles" in an angry way!

Well, that might work... until you remember that bubble is one of those pink dragons Android doesn't have. Lol

sollia
01-27-13, 02:26 PM
Well, that might work... until you remember that bubble is one of those pink dragons Android doesn't have. Lol

ROFL

Yeah that plan may backfire.

jrodt333
01-27-13, 05:05 PM
i think everyone just needs a cupcake :-)
that is all
A cupcake sure would be nice. :)

Lol! :)

peteparcon
01-28-13, 04:55 AM
I think i should start deleting my ios neighbors.

Hehe

emergRN
01-28-13, 07:10 AM
I think i should start deleting my ios neighbors.

Hehe

lol then less maps for u!! my nbs rock ;) most of them are ios and i get green with envy when i come to play with their pink dragons and see their crafting and trading huts....sigh.
is it sad that i have a mini countdown until thursday going on? lol

kurebiz
01-28-13, 08:19 AM
would be wise not to get your hopes too high. I think.

sollia
01-28-13, 09:17 AM
Phew I guess the storm has blown over. Was it a full moon that night or something? haha

sollia
01-28-13, 09:28 AM
I want to post an apology for the things I said during that intense time, but not everyone will see it if I say it here, but I'm afraid if I make a new thread they'll just be like oh it's about android and move it back here.

I feel really bad about what I said. To be perfectly honest, I meant a lot of it. But I need to learn to control myself better and walk away when provoked. When I was younger I was mostly nice to everyone, but since I've developed chronic migraines my patience and tolerance have disappeared.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 09:40 AM
I want to post an apology for the things I said during that intense time, but not everyone will see it if I say it here, but I'm afraid if I make a new thread they'll just be like oh it's about android and move it back here.

I feel really bad about what I said. To be perfectly honest, I meant a lot of it. But I need to learn to control myself better and walk away when provoked. When I was younger I was mostly nice to everyone, but since I've developed chronic migraines my patience and tolerance have disappeared.

I hear you. I feel the same way. Some snotty comments just make my blood boil, then I try to calm down and think that maybe the trolls are just kids that are not mature.
But I do also have migraines (with aura) and I have them since I was 15 (I am 40), and the pain can definitely make one crabby towards dummies. You know, there will always be people that are going to be ignorant. We can't fix them and really, they're not worth the stress. Hang in there :)

sollia
01-28-13, 09:58 AM
I hear you. I feel the same way. Some snotty comments just make my blood boil, then I try to calm down and think that maybe the trolls are just kids that are not mature.
But I do also have migraines (with aura) and I have them since I was 15 (I am 40), and the pain can definitely make one crabby towards dummies. You know, there will always be people that are going to be ignorant. We can't fix them and really, they're not worth the stress. Hang in there :)

While I'm not glad you're in pain, I'm glad someone agrees that it makes things like dealing with some people difficult.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-28-13, 10:00 AM
Phew I guess the storm has blown over. Was it a full moon that night or something? haha

Actually, I think we may have been in a full moon phase ... I'll check ... Yes, we have been.

onawing1
01-28-13, 10:48 AM
I think we need a group hug. None of this would have escalated if we were just given a litgle info from TL. They need some direction when it comes to customer service.

passed out the cupcakes, but hold TLs until they give us some idea of when they plan to let us all in on what's going on.

Thanks!

sollia
01-28-13, 11:28 AM
I have to agree, the tension around here is getting crazy and we need some word from TL to help calm everyone down.

[S8] Elsa
01-28-13, 12:03 PM
Hi, everyone. This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic so we can keep the thread open and civil for everyone to share their feedback.

While I can't comment on when certain features will be available for Android, we are looking forward to sharing new Dragons and updates soon. ^_^

emergRN
01-28-13, 12:22 PM
Hi, everyone. This is a friendly reminder to stay on topic so we can keep the thread open and civil for everyone to share their feedback.

While I can't comment on when certain features will be available for Android, we are looking forward to sharing new Dragons and updates soon. ^_^

oh! you get a cupcake for sure :-)

sollia
01-28-13, 12:35 PM
....define "soon".

sollia
01-28-13, 12:37 PM
Also, I have a question.

Are you not allowed to say anything or do you not know? Just curious.

[S8] Elsa
01-28-13, 01:52 PM
Also, I have a question.

Are you not allowed to say anything or do you not know? Just curious.

It's a bit of both, speaking generally about all games. It's not a good idea to share info regarding unreleased content in case there are delays or last minute changes, but I don't always know the play by play for every project.

UnoRaven
01-28-13, 06:39 PM
We've got one of the New Dawn goals! It's not much, but I'm still excited about what this means for Android!

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:45 PM
Well, I guess it was a glitch. Pony posted that it is no longer available, issue fixed. :(

UnoRaven
01-28-13, 06:47 PM
Issue? How is Android getting a goal an issue? Ugh

jrodt333
01-28-13, 06:51 PM
Issue? How is Android getting a goal an issue? Ugh

Probably released too early, maybe we'll get some updates Thursday. Or maybe them "accidentally" releasing the new decorations and these goals is their way of giving us the much-needed proof that they're actually working on Android and Kindle Fire.

hamadrys
01-28-13, 06:55 PM
Well, Scarecrow and Storm are gone now, together with the "Sword in stone" decoration. Too bad.

GavGav2
01-28-13, 07:00 PM
I play on Kindle Fire and today I got a goal called New Dawn where I had to pay 5000 coins and got some food and XP as a reward. After that nothing else happened, I did not have the sword in the stone decoration appear in my list locked like other reported. Just the new goal and thats it. Does this mean that an update is actually really near or is TL just messing around testing out things? Also, I have heard that on iOS that food costs and habitat costs are much higher, is there a forum thread where us Andriod users can see what increases we should expect if a new update does come out? Thanks :)

hamadrys
01-28-13, 07:10 PM
I play on Kindle Fire and today I got a goal called New Dawn where I had to pay 5000 coins and got some food and XP as a reward. After that nothing else happened, I did not have the sword in the stone decoration appear in my list locked like other reported. Just the new goal and thats it. Does this mean that an update is actually really near or is TL just messing around testing out things? Also, I have heard that on iOS that food costs and habitat costs are much higher, is there a forum thread where us Andriod users can see what increases we should expect if a new update does come out? Thanks :)

What I know is that the price of feeding the Light dragons is supernaturally expensive. I cannot remember how much more, but VERY much more. Maybe a good soul will give you a link to the thread where the exact number is. A little bit ago, someone said to feed your light dragons and get them to epic asap before they update, so we can do it "cheaply". If you can, do this, it will save you a lot of coins, time and food.