PDA

View Full Version : How about stop updating?

yandao11
01-01-13, 12:32 PM
Just a thought. Lol.

I almost had all the dragons pending infinity. Ever since infinity, I was stucked.

Refused to buy gold to keep up with getting new dragons.

End up while I wait to hatch new dragons, newer dragons keep appearing.

At this rate I would nv get all the dragons.

But actually I think just stop LE dragons.

Glad I was just in time for the snowman after two weeks plus of non stop trying.

Elf next. Just afraid time is not on my side. Lol.

And yes I shall still refuse to buy gold to speed up breeding.

moostermine
01-01-13, 12:37 PM
Updates are good. Keeps the challenge going or what's the point?

sweetstuff525
01-01-13, 12:40 PM
I luv updates....if you want a game similar to Ds with no updates you should try monster story... Which only gets 1 new monster every 2 weeks if that

lollipop_rp
01-01-13, 12:44 PM
You shouldn't complain. Like, sweetstuff525 said, don't like update? Play ms.
Btw, soooo many games have no updates at all. We're lucky to have the updates and it only comes during holidays if it's an LE update. The other members here had begged soooo much to get the LE dragons

suzysuzy35
01-01-13, 12:44 PM
I've felt whilst breeding, omg they have bought out another LE, I must try for it, sometimes I do feel over whelmed with the amount of dragons that keep coming out, but I would never want team lava to stop coming with the new dragons, I play monster story too, and believe me it's really boring, dragon is the best and the new up dates keep the game interesting.

lollipop_rp
01-01-13, 12:45 PM
I've felt whilst breeding, omg they have bought out another LE, I must try for it, sometimes I do feel over whelmed with the amount of dragons that keep coming out, but I would never want team lava to stop coming with the new dragons, I play monster story too, and believe me it's really boring, dragon is the best and the new up dates keep the game interesting.
I totally agree with you

MomsHouseofSweets
01-01-13, 03:06 PM
I'm Android and while we do have our issues, I don't wish for no more updates. The dragons that are offered to everyone, are what I look forward to right now and if they stopped coming altogether, there'd be nothing to look forward to.

lotusthreads
01-01-13, 03:54 PM
I just feel that they should stop with the LEs. I have no problems with them bringing out new dragons all the time, but I prefer to take my time with them, and when I get frustrated with one, I just move on to another knowing that I can come back to that one later. I don't feel that I have to have every dragon as soon as it come out, and am happy to wait.

With the LEs I seem to have been breeding for them nonstop since before Halloween, and no chance to try for the rest of the light dragons, and the pink dragons I don't have yet. I didn't get witch or boo, and still don't have snowman, so it means I have spend a looooong time breeding for the same dragon, and getting increasingly frustrated with the game.

I started playing this game for fun, but the last last few months have been more frustration than fun. So if it continues this way, then I feel that I may just delete the game, and concentrate on other games that are still fun to play.

luv2wander
01-01-13, 04:12 PM
I agreed with the others, I like the LE's. It keeps the game interesting and adds a challenge. I also play MS which does not get many new monsters and it is not nearly as interesting as DS.

wassupbaby
01-01-13, 04:27 PM
Play the game and dont let the game plays you. If you ever get frustrated and not having fun,you should quit then. I personally enjoy the game . There's a reason why those LEs keep coming, that's how TL do business.
Waiting for new dragon this week :x bring it on , TL , another LE ? Challenge accepted :P

hamadrys
01-01-13, 04:39 PM
Wow...I am amazed that someone would rather have no LE's or updates. LE's are a challenge to me. I got snowman yesterday and it was great but I wouldn't quit the game if I didn't. Like many have said, it keeps the game interesting. I am on kindle and I can't wait for all the cool new updates. It is a game made to be enjoyed with goals and challenges. If it doesn't make a minority happy, well they should move on.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-01-13, 04:42 PM
Waiting for new dragon this week :x bring it on , TL , another LE ? Challenge accepted :P

Youbetcha!!!

kwhales
01-01-13, 04:46 PM
Personally, I like having new dragons...LE's are a pain sometimes, but it pulls us all together in our quest. I don't think we will get a dragon this week...usually by now there is a pic on FB. I hope the update is android related, or (sorry androids) something to craft or trade.

habibass
01-01-13, 04:46 PM
How about no? Updates make this game interesting.

Nefertekas
01-02-13, 02:28 AM
This is ridiculous...sorry. -.-
But if you want a game with few updates and a very slow pace, then try monster story. Guaranteed to be so update-less that you'll soon be bored out of your mind! I am sure you would love it: the Limited Edition momsters can't even rise up to that category, because they're still available to be bred and bought through the market, ages after they've been released!!
Loool I guarantee you will enjoy that game. A lot easier to get diamond. And there are only two diamond hybrids, btw.

Honestly, people have no idea what they wish for. :p it's great that the game is fun and dynamic and moving along. I like having new stuff to do, even if it does make me frustrated now and then. I didn't get a witch and that didn't **** me. I'll try again next year, if it comes around (but I won't evolve it to epic! My goodness, thatsnout's ugly xD)

Play the game and dont let the game plays you. If you ever get frustrated and not having fun,you should quit then. I personally enjoy the game . There's a reason why those LEs keep coming, that's how TL do business.
Oh yeah. ;D

moosehay
01-02-13, 03:08 AM
I just feel that they should stop with the LEs. I have no problems with them bringing out new dragons all the time, but I prefer to take my time with them, and when I get frustrated with one, I just move on to another knowing that I can come back to that one later. I don't feel that I have to have every dragon as soon as it come out, and am happy to wait.

With the LEs I seem to have been breeding for them nonstop since before Halloween, and no chance to try for the rest of the light dragons, and the pink dragons I don't have yet. I didn't get witch or boo, and still don't have snowman, so it means I have spend a looooong time breeding for the same dragon, and getting increasingly frustrated with the game.

I started playing this game for fun, but the last last few months have been more frustration than fun. So if it continues this way, then I feel that I may just delete the game, and concentrate on other games that are still fun to play.

You might want to pick and choose which LEs you try for instead of trying for them all just because they're there. You can't change what/when tl releases but you can change how you deal with it to make the game fun for you again.

kurebiz
01-02-13, 03:14 AM
Also, there might be a timer on quests but that doesn't mean the dragon will be removed after the timer is gone.
I find the most reliable way to check is to go under the dragons section (and not under featured: when new dragons are released, the "older" LE dragons are removed from there).
If the LE dragon you want is still listed under the buying dragons section, then it is still able to be bred.

flaming_foxtail
01-02-13, 05:27 AM
I really don't understand people who complain about updates. If you don't want new dragons, habitats, farms etc. don't buy or breed them.
Your game play can stay exactly as it was before.

If you are complaining about the constant update messages, I understand. I know there is a new dragon out, I've bred it, fed & evolved it & don't enjoy a message brightly informing me of the NEW dragon I can buy very time I log onto the game.

But the updates I don't like, I ignore. Nobody said that because it's there you have to have it.

flaming_foxtail
01-02-13, 05:28 AM
Silly spellcheck. That's every time I log on, not very.

UnoRaven
01-02-13, 06:11 AM
So just because you don't want to spend precious gold to speed up breeding (which isn't required), the rest of us shouldn't get updates that we enjoy? Sorry, terrible idea.

bitealot
01-02-13, 06:16 AM
I would LOVE a break from LE dragons so i can get back to tryng to get what i need for my island. LE dragons are to rare. I spent the whole month at failed breed after failed breed on snowman and elf. now fireworks is another to fail over for a whole month then im sure a Vday one or two will be out. LE are good but this is to much. a little break would be nice

hamadrys
01-02-13, 07:27 AM
You will be failing for just a few days on the fireworks, not a month, lol. It is a challenge. To try or not to try is a decidion you make. Failing is part of it. I tried for a looooong time for the snowman and finally got it. Now I am trying for Fireworks. The reward is to get a dragon that not everyone can have. There is plenty of time to get the others :)

bitealot
01-02-13, 08:12 AM
hamadrys i did not not say i was trying fireworks for a month i said Elf and snowman. so read a post two or three before correcting someone. I know getting them is a challenge getting them before they are gone, and i do want them. what i was doing was staying on topic to this post agreeing a break would be nice so we can go for the full time dragons we are missing. Im sure the % of players with every dragon is very low. I wish they would make them a little less rare

makafushigi
01-02-13, 09:16 AM
I like the updates. The LE dragons are a fun challenge in between trying for other breeds *ahem* tusker, griffin and hypnotic*ahem*. But I wish the LE dragons breed times were a little shorter. I mean 20 hrs, 21 hrs... and only so many days to breed them? Breed times less than 10 hrs or even 12hrs would make it a lot less stressful.

jl0408
01-02-13, 09:52 AM
To the OP, Congratulations for almost having all the dragons. But maybe you don't realize that if they stopped weekly updates you would get the rest of the ones you're missing and then there would be nothing else to do and thus no reason to play any longer. You don't have to buy gold and you don't even have use it to speed up breeding/expanding. If you dislike updates so much, try playing Monster Story, updates every 2 or 3 weeks. Or try City Story or Empire Story. They might be more your speed, no updates at all.

Don't try for the LEs if you dislike them so much. Yes, the LEs can be tedious, but they are sometimes a fun distraction from the always available, but maybe hard to get dragons. I almost wasn't going to try for Elf because I was sure I'd get a bunch of Fruitfuls instead. Well, so far that's been true. But I'll keep trying until it runs out and then go back to working on the others I'm missing because I doubt there will be another LE until probably Valentines Day.

I do agree the constant pop-ups for the newest dragon for the first 5 days or so every time you log in gets really annoying. I wish that would stop. Or I wish they could at least put an ignore button so it wouldn't pop-up again after you saw the announcement the first time.

ubobdgc
01-02-13, 09:54 AM
Don't like updates, go play MS
They get no updates.

sollia
01-02-13, 10:09 AM
...so you're saying you don't want updates for everyone so that you can say you have every dragon? Isn't that a little self-centered?

yandao11
01-02-13, 11:07 AM
...so you're saying you don't want updates for everyone so that you can say you have every dragon? Isn't that a little self-centered?

Isn't the purpose of playing is to have every dragons?

Nonetheless I shld have said go easy on the updates. And I did stressed to go easy on the LE dragons.

The randomness isn't fair at all. I've been trying for snowmen since its release until ytd when I got one.

Switched to fireworks and got it on first try.

I was stubborn enough not to buy gold to speed things up even when there's a sale and yet lucky enough to breed snowmen one day before it expired.

How about those who can't get the LE dragons in time. To make things worst they spend money on gold yet still couldn't get any LE dragons. You know how that feels?

There is never any challenge of getting any dragon. It's just a waiting game with randomness elements instilled.

Actually my main purpose is to go easy on the updates or extend the LE period so that it's long enough for people to breed them. It would indeed be bored without any updates.

My bad. I rephrase. Happy now?

habibass
01-02-13, 11:16 AM
Isn't the purpose of playing is to have every dragons?

But if there werent updates, you would collect every dragon very soon. And what to do then? What would be a purpose of playing? There wouldnt be.
For those who dont like updates the is a simple solution - ignore the updates, dont breed any new dragons and continue doing what you used to do before.

yandao11
01-02-13, 11:30 AM
But if there werent updates, you would collect every dragon very soon. And what to do then? What would be a purpose of playing? There wouldnt be.
For those who dont like updates the is a simple solution - ignore the updates, dont breed any new dragons and continue doing what you used to do before.

I've alr said I rephrase: go easy on the updates.

You ppl can stop the sarcasm of: dont like updates play ms. Don't like updates? Ignore the updates and play like before.

Seriously, what's the point of just logging on to tap tap tap and collect coins?

I thot it's obvious from the start my meaning had to be something like that. As in going easy on the updates.

But it seems that most people are either intellectually challenged to see that or they just like to be caustic with their remarks.

I think bitealot definitely knows where I'm coming from judging from his/her reply.

What's the point with ZERO updates? Like I don't alr know.

Anyway, as I said it's just a thought.

I dunno what's with so many sarcastic replies.

So yeah I wouldn't want to debate further.

Admin kindly lock the thread pls. Ty.

[S8] Elsa
01-02-13, 11:42 AM
Thank you for the feedback. For a live game to progress and thrive, updates are necessary to introduce new content (which we hope everyone enjoys!). If you're having tough luck with Limited Edition Dragons, maybe pool ideas with your neighbors on how to breed these elusive beauties.