PDA

View Full Version : Team Lava = Lazy, lying opportunists.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 03:16 PM
So, Team Lava goes months and months without any weekly updates -- of which they did maybe three, ever -- still promises weekly updates ... and then toots its own horn about a fricking Christmas grab bag. Of decorations.

I'm beyond the point where I think Team Lava ever had intentions of listening to good ideas about gameplay in this forum. They exist solely to exploit that tragic market of (mostly) kids who are willing to blow credit cards or (usually) iTunes gift cards on digital decor for games that have become little more than pixelated dollhouses.

That's right. They're virtual dollhouses. The gameplay is one-track, repetitive and never changes. Haven't been any new crops in Farm Story for eons. Could've celebrated Christmas by also giving us Christmas trees as a limited-time crop (they are grown like crops, you know), plus maybe give a seasonal bonus to cranberries ... let us plant holly trees, etc. Could add holiday dishes to Restaurant Story.

Could do a lot of things but instead all TL does is trot out grotesquely overpriced decorations.

I say they're exploitative also for setting up the games with intentional gem traps. Like, say you forgot about food and it spoiled ... when you log on, better keep your fingers away lest you accidentally commit a couple dollars' worth of gems to "reviving" your fricking digital cupcakes. This happened to me the first time. 14 gems I think. Who would really want to do this? It's there as a trap.

I tried in Farm Story to click on the tiny "i" button on the holiday crate, to see if perhaps it showed me some samples (I don't buy gems but I have some stored from mastery) -- well, I guess my big thumbprint registered outside the tiny "i" pixels and -- oh, ****, bought myself a useless piece of virtual decor.

These games aren't about farming. Or cooking, or whatever. They're about having a place to collect meaningless, overpriced trinkets.

And that's why they never answer any questions relating to whether they'll ever enhance actual gameplay.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 03:21 PM
So, Team Lava goes months and months without any weekly updates -- of which they did maybe three, ever -- still promises weekly updates ... and then toots its own horn about a fricking Christmas grab bag. Of decorations.

I'm beyond the point where I think Team Lava ever had intentions of listening to good ideas about gameplay in this forum. They exist solely to exploit that tragic market of (mostly) kids who are willing to blow credit cards or (usually) iTunes gift cards on digital decor for games that have become little more than pixelated dollhouses.

That's right. They're virtual dollhouses. The gameplay is one-track, repetitive and never changes. Haven't been any new crops in Farm Story for eons. Could've celebrated Christmas by also giving us Christmas trees as a limited-time crop (they are grown like crops, you know), plus maybe give a seasonal bonus to cranberries ... let us plant holly trees, etc. Could add holiday dishes to Restaurant Story.

Could do a lot of things but instead all TL does is trot out grotesquely overpriced decorations.

I say they're exploitative also for setting up the games with intentional gem traps. Like, say you forgot about food and it spoiled ... when you log on, better keep your fingers away lest you accidentally commit a couple dollars' worth of gems to "reviving" your fricking digital cupcakes. This happened to me the first time. 14 gems I think. Who would really want to do this? It's there as a trap.

I tried in Farm Story to click on the tiny "i" button on the holiday crate, to see if perhaps it showed me some samples (I don't buy gems but I have some stored from mastery) -- well, I guess my big thumbprint registered outside the tiny "i" pixels and -- oh, ****, bought myself a useless piece of virtual decor.

These games aren't about farming. Or cooking, or whatever. They're about having a place to collect meaningless, overpriced trinkets.

And that's why they never answer any questions relating to whether they'll ever enhance actual gameplay.

Feel better?

Unregistered
12-10-10, 03:36 PM
I never thought about it that way, but he's right.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 03:45 PM
Well Norman you can pass along this to team lava, BAH HUMBUG! I'm very disappointed that this is the big update we've been waiting months for. One Holiday rip off box and tree stupid trees. Thanks for nothing...!

Unregistered
12-11-10, 09:55 AM
They should have wished us all a Merry Ripsmas while they were at it. Christmas is supposed to be about giving --- not ripping ofF your clientele. Tis the seizin!

Yeah, pretty much Team Lava is either incapable or unwilling to make these games better. I think it's the second one. Have fun spending Dad's credit card or Aunt Suzie's iTunes gift card on worthless images that won't even be around in a year, kids. Know that you're keeping this kind of lame game (non)development alive with your impulse purchasing.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 02:03 PM
You have written everything I've been thinking! I was disgusted and angry when I saw that ALL Christmas items must be bought with gems! We're talking $5 for a stupid pixelated Christmas item!!!! Not even one tiny tree could be purchased with coins. Or maybe even gifting a small Christmas tree to their clients? Pffftttt, FUGGHETABOUTIT.

Forget about the giving from TL, it's all about the taking. Taking your money, that is.

And your idea regarding holiday foods for Restaurant story is a great one, and I liked the idea of holiday related crops on FS. Too bad TL doesn't/won't listen. I completely agree with your assesment that they are "lazy, lying opportunists".

When I initially downloaded BS, and saw that it was a total copy of RS, and that everything that looked even remotely appealing was a gem purchase, I promptly deleted it, and haven't looked back. Will max my farm out with NO more gem purchases, same goes for RS. Then it's delete, delete, delete. I won't even LOOK at CS or ES, tyvm.

I think that the developer(s) of the story games is/are only in it for personal gain. They care nothing for the people that are making them rich; they just look at the gameplayers as suckers to be had.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 03:12 PM
I used to love this game when I first started playing months ago - I think way back in June, and I used to rave about it on these forums. But I have grown completely bored of it now, and my farm is bare. Sick of seeing all the other "story" games popping up, with no updates to the original.

Annette101
12-11-10, 03:16 PM
You want pretend Christmas trees for your pretend world you gotta pay, baby!

Seriously though, ****, wtf would they go to the trouble to make these seasonal things for FREE? Because, when you can buy them with in game coins they are not getting paid to make new content. This is how the working world works.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 03:38 PM
Funny how the biggest whiners are the ones that don't actually pay for gems. Are the ones that make the biggest fuss when they screw up and lose "hard earned" gems....like tapping a frickin screen is hard work. Do any of u actually have a job? Guess not as you whine about a measly five bucks constantly. That's what's becoming tedious on this forum. These are the types that expect everything for free, and instant service for free. Not sure what fairyland they're living in.
It costs devs of these games real money to make them. Not just t.l. All of them. So ya, they'll produce the BASICS for free. If you want more than the basics, it'll cost you. Because it costs them. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
As we are on the topic of $ and oh how overpriced the gems are...ya, let's talk that while were all sitting here on our iPhones, iPads, iPods. Bunch of yuppies! Ya, I'm one, just not a whining one.
Doubt these screamers have truly seen a day of real need in their lives.
The ones who can't afford five bucks for perks in a free game don't have these devices. Theyre at the library using Internet there, so they can job hunt to feed their families. Not playing on crop, bakery, cooking, empire, etc. Apps all day. Some of you really need to get off your privileged high horses and stop the whining.
If your overly stimulated ADHD brains are bored because there's no Weekly updates ( oh I know they promised so it's the principle of the thing because it so matters in the grand scheme of life) then move on to some other app that is more challenging and fulfills all it's promises to you for free.

Oh wait. The rest of the offering out there suck, or have the same sort of issues. And really, the one or two of you need to stop posting on your own thread pretending to be another player in agreement with yourself. Sentence structure and use of language is so telling. At least work for it while you're sitting on your tushy ass. Now, put less gas in the hummer, Volvo, BMW, merc., or yup van, and get yourself a game perk or donate your time to the salvation army and learn what it really is to have nothing to pay for nothing in a world where nothing is completely free. Nothing.
Merry Christmas

Unregistered
12-11-10, 06:22 PM
Talk about whining! Beware...anyone with an opinion about anything can expect a verbal lashing from the previous poster, I think I've read this trolls ramblings on other threads..probably doesn't have any friends....

Unregistered
12-11-10, 06:35 PM
Talk about whining! Beware...anyone with an opinion about anything can expect a verbal lashing from the previous poster, I think I've read this trolls ramblings on other threads..probably doesn't have any friends....

Actually, they made more sense than most of the posts here. They were, after all, just expressing an opinion.

Do you attack everyone who posts an opinion you don't share?

Your post makes you seem like troll as well, though I would never call you that for only posting an opinion.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 07:13 PM
TROLL
-noun
1. (in Scandinavian folklore) any of a race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.
2. Slang. a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.

1. Really? Would love to meet him. :cool: But I think we're in the wrong forums. Maybe we need to head over to smurfs. Might find trolls there.

2. A wwww, that would be sad.  But doubt they have an iPhone.

Oh come on! Lighten up everybody. It's just a game.

Unregistered
12-12-10, 03:08 PM
quit playing then.
-fech

Unregistered
12-12-10, 06:12 PM

I gotta agree with you. However, it would have been nice if TL offered a basic Christmas tree for coins, and a higher-end tree for gems. That's fair, in my opinion. But maybe the previous poster will bash me for that, lol :)

Unregistered
12-14-10, 07:49 PM
I agree, nothing new in Farm Story for ages, all my other posts (which I'm also going to bring to the front) indicate that they are milking Farm Story a little more, Halloween, Xmas, Valentines Day and Easter, and it will be dead. Norman has never committed any new features other than these boxes. More levels past 75 be nice?? More Crops etc etc?

Unregistered
12-16-10, 06:45 AM
Funny how the biggest whiners are the ones that don't actually pay for gems. Are the ones that make the biggest fuss when they screw up and lose "hard earned" gems....like tapping a frickin screen is hard work. Do any of u actually have a job? Guess not as you whine about a measly five bucks constantly. That's what's becoming tedious on this forum. These are the types that expect everything for free, and instant service for free. Not sure what fairyland they're living in.
It costs devs of these games real money to make them. Not just t.l. All of them. So ya, they'll produce the BASICS for free. If you want more than the basics, it'll cost you. Because it costs them. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
As we are on the topic of $ and oh how overpriced the gems are...ya, let's talk that while were all sitting here on our iPhones, iPads, iPods. Bunch of yuppies! Ya, I'm one, just not a whining one.
Doubt these screamers have truly seen a day of real need in their lives.
The ones who can't afford five bucks for perks in a free game don't have these devices. Theyre at the library using Internet there, so they can job hunt to feed their families. Not playing on crop, bakery, cooking, empire, etc. Apps all day. Some of you really need to get off your privileged high horses and stop the whining.
If your overly stimulated ADHD brains are bored because there's no Weekly updates ( oh I know they promised so it's the principle of the thing because it so matters in the grand scheme of life) then move on to some other app that is more challenging and fulfills all it's promises to you for free.

Oh wait. The rest of the offering out there suck, or have the same sort of issues. And really, the one or two of you need to stop posting on your own thread pretending to be another player in agreement with yourself. Sentence structure and use of language is so telling. At least work for it while you're sitting on your tushy ass. Now, put less gas in the hummer, Volvo, BMW, merc., or yup van, and get yourself a game perk or donate your time to the salvation army and learn what it really is to have nothing to pay for nothing in a world where nothing is completely free. Nothing.
Merry Christmas

This is a TL dude. he's right about one thing; sentence structure and word usage is so telling. I've seen him on every forum bullying folks because they are unhappy and not afraid to voice it. Buddy, you're forgetting one thing...like you always do. It is TL who still advertises FREE WEEKLY UPDATES with new content! Go read your own ads. It's not like we are asking for anything that wasn't promised from the beginning. Many of us spent money on gems because we expected more content and better gameplay. If I want to buy a dec, I will. But some should be available for coins. Not all...some. And I should be able to pick what I want to buy...not a stupid box and random luck of the draw. So instead of sitting on your tushy here trying to shut everyone up, go learn about how to run a good successful business where you get repeat customers and maintain your fanbase. That will get you much more profit in the long run. I've never heard such arrogance and bashing of one's own customers they way its done around here. What goes around, comes around. You'll get yours....of that I have no doubt.

Unregistered
12-16-10, 07:10 AM
what your also forgetting is that you could buy an entire library of thousands of images of clip art for what they're charging for one little image at a time that doesn't even do anything in the game. I mean if it gave you some sort of ability or each item added statistics to different characteristics like harvest time, harvest income, water bonus, wither time ... so on and so forth ... there could at least be that argument.

instead we wait and we wait and we wait and all they put out is tiny drawings. Why would people pay for that.

Unregistered
12-16-10, 08:11 AM
This is a TL dude. he's right about one thing; sentence structure and word usage is so telling. I've seen him on every forum bullying folks because they are unhappy and not afraid to voice it. Buddy, you're forgetting one thing...like you always do. It is TL who still advertises FREE WEEKLY UPDATES with new content! Go read your own ads. It's not like we are asking for anything that wasn't promised from the beginning. Many of us spent money on gems because we expected more content and better gameplay. If I want to buy a dec, I will. But some should be available for coins. Not all...some. And I should be able to pick what I want to buy...not a stupid box and random luck of the draw. So instead of sitting on your tushy here trying to shut everyone up, go learn about how to run a good successful business where you get repeat customers and maintain your fanbase. That will get you much more profit in the long run. I've never heard such arrogance and bashing of one's own customers they way its done around here. What goes around, comes around. You'll get yours....of that I have no doubt.

AMEN!!! The poster you quoted is absolutely a teamlava employee. I wasn't so sure earlier by the other posts but that one just screams I AM A TL EMPLOYEE AND JUST WANT TO GET PAID!

Unregistered
12-17-10, 11:44 PM
I read with curiosity, the ramblings or complaints of my fellow game players, yet I feel regret for both sides. I have met some really nice neighbors on Farm Story that I enjoy dropping in on to water,gift or just say hi, to. What ever happened to the simple things? On one hand we should chop off the hands of the developers, on the other hand we should back off and leave them alone because they need to make a buck also! Which is it? Its both! Everything costs money, you should all write the thousands, and thousands, and thousands of lines of code it takes to make even the simplest thing happen on a computer screen ! Don't believe me go to the bookstore or library and look at the books about programming and it doesn't take long to see what's involved and how hard it is to do! To do it well so you don't get tons of complaints about how my vegetables are bored or was it the vegetable playing the game?
I will pay for what I want and agree some things in the game are way out of line and prices, the prices don't compare in the real world,but wait it isn't the real world! diamonds, coins, whichever! It is what it is! Get over it! Heck I would like it if we could trade X amount of coins in for diamonds to use to buy other, bigger, better items, kind of how it is done in real life! Work for it, save for it, buy it, trade up and go for broke, just as one might do in real life. But I'm sorry in todays world it's the few of us that work hard for a living and all the rest that always expect something for nothing, so they advertise weekly updates and don't live up to it, So What, the game is free!, you idiots!
If you liked that, I have the opposite problem, I'd like to buy some diamonds, but it won't let me, it says I must first buy the app before I can make purchases from within the app! Anybody know how to get around that issue? I'd like to plant more roses for my wife !

Unregistered
12-18-10, 06:27 AM
^ We're the "idiots"? why don't you shut the hell up fool.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 07:42 AM
I read with curiosity, the ramblings or complaints of my fellow game players, yet I feel regret for both sides. I have met some really nice neighbors on Farm Story that I enjoy dropping in on to water,gift or just say hi, to. What ever happened to the simple things? On one hand we should chop off the hands of the developers, on the other hand we should back off and leave them alone because they need to make a buck also! Which is it? Its both! Everything costs money, you should all write the thousands, and thousands, and thousands of lines of code it takes to make even the simplest thing happen on a computer screen ! Don't believe me go to the bookstore or library and look at the books about programming and it doesn't take long to see what's involved and how hard it is to do! To do it well so you don't get tons of complaints about how my vegetables are bored or was it the vegetable playing the game?
I will pay for what I want and agree some things in the game are way out of line and prices, the prices don't compare in the real world,but wait it isn't the real world! diamonds, coins, whichever! It is what it is! Get over it! Heck I would like it if we could trade X amount of coins in for diamonds to use to buy other, bigger, better items, kind of how it is done in real life! Work for it, save for it, buy it, trade up and go for broke, just as one might do in real life. But I'm sorry in todays world it's the few of us that work hard for a living and all the rest that always expect something for nothing, so they advertise weekly updates and don't live up to it, So What, the game is free!, you idiots!
If you liked that, I have the opposite problem, I'd like to buy some diamonds, but it won't let me, it says I must first buy the app before I can make purchases from within the app! Anybody know how to get around that issue? I'd like to plant more roses for my wife !

Awesome! Completely agree. Nice to know there's more of us that have a resemblance of common sense and less lazy notions of entitlement. Regarding your issue, maybe email support?

Unregistered
12-18-10, 07:53 AM
^ We're the "idiots"? why don't you shut the hell up fool.

Yup, you are. Children who have no clue what it takes to get games like these running. Children that haven't really experienced the real world yet. You will have your heart broken many times because of Broken promises. This is ONLY a game with no real world consequences. Learn to pick your battles. Make them meaningful. Not over a silly free game. No one will ever take you seriously if you nit pic over every little issue. They'll just think you're nuts. I've seen a few posts by some where I'm sure they suffer mental health disorders like OCD and anxiety disorders. They can be excused to a point as their illness is not their fault.
Poverty, people dying, those are issues to take on. Free updates in a free game? What a joke. Seriously misplaced energy that might've been useful fighting about a REAL world issue. There are many many injustices in the world. Denying or delaying free updates in a free game is NOT one of them. No wonder our world is in such trouble.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 08:29 AM
One anonymous poster taking his time to Dad up the forum with a sanctimonious, overarching lecture about life to another anonymous poster = Seriously misplaced energy that might've been useful fighting about a REAL world issue.

No wonder our world is in such trouble.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:31 AM
You want pretend Christmas trees for your pretend world you gotta pay, baby!

Seriously though, ****, wtf would they go to the trouble to make these seasonal things for FREE? Because, when you can buy them with in game coins they are not getting paid to make new content. This is how the working world works. ..

Hi: today my farm is destroyd and I locked in here the first time...watching the process in hope to get it back, I looked around here and found your comment; interesting of course - a lot of users in farm story are in the same trouble - we may think about the hidden reasons about who is in trouble - only the one, don't pay for items/gems?

Would be nice to have a lot's of feedback...
marlamo

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:40 AM
This guy is right, THIS IS A FACT. Don't say we are whining.
This game is only made to rip us off, as they don't listen to the players and the community.
They don't care about us, they don't want us to have fun. It's all about their wallet.
Weekly updates changed in fail updates, and mostly god **** expensive fail random boxes which mostly give you junk.
I don't know about you guys, but i'm not gonna give them one more cent till they are actually
gonna listen to us, and change the price.
IMO they are ruining themselfs.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:44 AM
I'm not one who has paid for their gems or cash or whatever, but I know many have. And I'd absolutely love to see a group of them get together and somehow work up enough of a suit against breach of contract from teamlava that they get banned from the iTunes store. I'm not talking compensatory [edit] just cease and desist. A ban.

They deserve that.

Con artists, plain and simple. Same as snake oil salesmen 125 years ago just a different age, different promises and a different format.

Unregistered
12-18-10, 09:56 AM
I'm not one who has paid for their gems or cash or whatever, but I know many have. And I'd absolutely love to see a group of them get together and somehow work up enough of a suit against breach of contract from teamlava that they get banned from the iTunes store. I'm not talking compensatory [edit] just cease and desist. A ban.

They deserve that.

Con artists, plain and simple. Same as snake oil salesmen 125 years ago just a different age, different promises and a different format.

Amen... Amen...

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:03 AM

They deserve that.

I think it's ok to learn about the rules of human nature at any place/any time,- in games like farmstory you find the same structures as anywhere in life, but what a nice idea to have a playground like farmstory, free for the one, who
just use the free-given things and the other's buy whatever they like, but in the moment ( many creatiive farms are in trouble - all canceled since days ) it seems to be uncomfortable for the administrators, to look for the people, who don't pay...br marlamo

Unregistered
12-18-10, 10:07 AM
Yup, you are. Children who have no clue what it takes to get games like these running. Children that haven't really experienced the real world yet. You will have your heart broken many times because of Broken promises. This is ONLY a game with no real world consequences. Learn to pick your battles. Make them meaningful. Not over a silly free game. No one will ever take you seriously if you nit pic over every little issue. They'll just think you're nuts. I've seen a few posts by some where I'm sure they suffer mental health disorders like OCD and anxiety disorders. They can be excused to a point as their illness is not their fault.
Poverty, people dying, those are issues to take on. Free updates in a free game? What a joke. Seriously misplaced energy that might've been useful fighting about a REAL world issue. There are many many injustices in the world. Denying or delaying free updates in a free game is NOT one of them. No wonder our world is in such trouble.

Please get off your high horse. If all you've come here to do is lecture than this online forum for an iPhone game is not for you - Einstein. Seriously, some people really need to get a life.

Unregistered
12-20-10, 08:35 AM
Dear TeamLava,

All I want for Christmas is for a turd to fall into your wassail.

Donnahh
12-22-10, 09:43 PM
Farm Story, Restaurant Story and Bakery Story are by far the best FREE games I have every downloaded.

The key word there: FREE.

FREE FREE FREE FREE.

I have had hours of fun, loads of giggles and actually made friends.

Did I mention these app games were FREE? Well, they are. Completely and utterly FREE.

No complaints here. Well, a little one. The gem sale pop up. But I can build a bridge and get over that once the gem sale is over.

For FREE games, these rock. I may not be keen on the City, Treasure or Empire. But I love my other three FREE games that have given me hours and hours of pleasure.

FOR FREE.

Angry Birds cost me AU$1.19. And it makes me angry and annoyed and so **** ... angry and annoyed.

Farm Story, Restaurant Story and Bakery Story? FREE and FUN.

Donnahh
12-22-10, 09:49 PM
I don't decorate for the holidays.
I'm lvl 75 with the biggest possible farm.
I have dirt, plots and am working on masteries.

You should see what some of my neighbours have done with hay bales and crop placement.
They didn't spent gems or buy items for gems.
They made beautiful and sometimes complex art from bales of hay and a few green and red crops.
AMAZING. And virtually free.

Personally I have more respect for someone who spends their time making a Santa Claus from hay bales (yes you, sodbuster) than seeing yet another boring old christmas tree or reindeer or sleigh.

My opinion only. Which of course, opinions are like butts. Everyone has one and sometimes they stink.

Anyway something "cha ching'd" from my iPod so I must go harvest. TTFN.

Donnahh
12-22-10, 09:58 PM
Saul Good has the Santa portrait with haybales.

But I do love your Christmas goodness too, sodbuster :)

Unregistered
12-28-10, 09:46 AM
Well indeed these games are free. What they're hoping to earn their cash from IS to make these games fun and enjoyable for FREE, and to capitalize on people to actually support this game by buying Gems (due to their love for the game FOR being a FUN one). And earn some bucks from this Free-to-Play-with-Pay-to-Play-Elements game.

But. BUT. (Well this second section talks about more about the Android version.)

It is important that these games become enjoyable. How does it become enjoyable? By making it appealing to the audience through fulfilling what kind of fun these types of games provide.

1) BE YOUR OWN BOSS. BE A MILLIONAIRE.
2) DO IT YOUR WAY. YOUR BAKERY. YOUR FARM. YOUR RESTAURANT. YOUR STORY.

Whilst the first main point is achieved (you earn like mad as though there's no tomorrow), the second one isn't really what Android users had hoped for.

I can't really believe how the most important aspect of CUSTOMIZATION which this game capitalizes on isn't even achieved. And yet Team Lava had the guts to release it on the Android market. And when fellow Android users go "where's the wall paint and tiles?" "why is it all concrete?", they just give a reply that "this feature is not yet available."

And more importantly. WHY did they leave out that one, and yet set no date or deadline as to when they would finally release it? It is more or less graphically the same as the other objects in the games. Tables, chairs. They are all just images (or simple polygons IF they are in 3D I can't really tell) programmed into the 10+ MB of the app.

People have been complaining and becoming disgruntled with what Team Lava failed to deliver in this aspect.

Lastly, what happened to the WEEKLY UPDATES splashed all over the app pages of the games by Team Lava on the app market?

WHAT HAPPENED.