PDA

View Full Version : STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

Cyclohexane
12-30-12, 05:28 PM
This is a guide to become income independent. You will see $800,000 costs for big trees later in the game and have no problem cutting them down. You will be able to take all your dragons to Epic by feeding them from enchanted farms, quickly and without coming to the forum to complain. Here is a step-by-step process to using the element of Fire to strategically level.

LEVELS 1-9

Immediately get neighbors for dragon playing and gold trading. This is critical at early levels and the income bonus makes a big difference in income.
DO NOT WORRY ABOUT COMPLETING ANY QUEST
DO NOT CLEAR ANY FOLIAGE FOR XP (trees, mushrooms, etc.)

Build the following in this order as money becomes available:

Fire Habitat - Spawn two Fire Dragons. Immediately evolve both to level 4 (fast and helps save for water).

Forest Habitat ? Immediately get Forest dragon and evolve to level 4. Go ahead and do Life dragon quest

Yellow Habitat ? Immediately get Air dragon. Yellow is better for income, do Fruitful quest

Forest Habitat ? This is to put spares from breeding. It is optional and if not needed, better to save money and XP (we do not want to level up yet).

Water Habitat ? Immediately get Water dragon and level to 4. You must have water dragon for this strategy so its critical to buy as early as possible and evolve so you can breed.

Breed Fire[4] + Water[4] = Athlete 100% success rate

Now this is the important part and requires a small amount of patience for big payoff. Do not level to 10 yet! If you get to level 10 and breed the Fire and Water dragon, you will get a Magic dragon with a 20 hour breed time frequently. Magic dragons also do not bring in any income. By the time you create enough food to get your dragons to level 4 and if follow the plan, you will be around level mid-8 to 9.

Below level 10, when you breed the Fire and Water dragon, you will get an Athletic dragon every time because the Magic dragon is not available until level 10! Make sure you breed the next Athletic dragon before taking egg off nest (get XP when place dragon in new habitat). From level 8 to 10 you do nothing but breed and hatch these guys. You can easily get 3 of them before you level to 10 (4 if you have a second nest or do not complete any quests). For the starting economy, 3 of these evolved to level 4 is like having 1 Epic dragon on island! Lets compare a few dragons at level [4]:

Fire[4] (Red) $210 per hour
Forest[4] (Green) $240 per hour
Air[4] (Yellow) $163 per hour
Life[4] (Green Red) $192 per hour
Life[4] (Green Yellow) $190 per hour
Athlete[4] (Red Blue) $441 per hour
Magic[4] (Red Blue) $230 per hour

Athlete is almost twice as much income than all these starter dragons and this trend continues all the way to Epic [10]. Athletes make $1,035 per hour at level 10 and do not take huge amounts of food. You can always sell (Android) or trade (Apple) later if you need space.

Place first Athlete dragon in the second slot of existing Water habitat.

When hatch second Athlete, sell extra fire dragon (had 2) to make room on the habitat for Athlete.

Build small Fire Habitat if hatch third Athlete (less XP than upgrading) and delete stone paths / clear small mushrooms to make room. We do not want to collect XP yet, very easy to go from level 9 to 10! Building another water habitat is another option but I recommend fire for many reasons.

LEVELS 10-16
Start saving money, now. You need $200K to immediately purchase both a Light habitat and light dragon at level 17. Here is how you do it.

Build Magic Habitat ? Once you get to level 10, breed your fire and water dragon again. This time it will give you a Magic dragon. Then save $24,000 and purchase a purple habitat. Purple is good for overnight economy and you can quickly fill it up with magic + yellow combination (Genie dragon is only 8 hour breed time) and work towards a quest.

CONTINUE TO IGNORE QUESTS, they will slow you down and much easier later.

From here I build yellow and fire habitats and breed exclusively Fire + Air. This will undoubtedly give you tons of Firestorm dragons (12 hour breed. That is ok, other than light dragons, Firestorm dragons are the highest paying common dragon available. Mist dragon is tied but they cannot live in cheap Fire Habitats and have longer breed time. Plus, you will need many Red rocks later (make transitioning to Love dragons easy).

Every time you get a firestorm dragon, put it on another big red rock! Level it to level 3 (requires 25 food to get to level 3) and forget about them. At level 3, Firestorms make $190 per hour (12 hour breed time, only 25 food needed, and $5,000 for Big Red Rocks).

While breeding firestorm, you will also get Eagles, these are excellent income dragons. They make an amazing $1,237 per hour at Epic and do not require high food costs to get. Save all of these and feed to epic (use yellow habitats). Scorpion (13 hour) is also possible with a good income but good luck getting one of these.

LEVEL 17+

Build a small light habitat ($200K) and buy light dragon egg ($100K).

Breed light and fire exclusively.

This will make tons of common high income generating Love dragons. You also occasionally get a laser or tusker (cool rares). At level 3, with only 25 food invested (and no time in evolution chamber), these guys produce an amazing $319 gold per hour ($451 per hour at level 4). In comparison, a level 10 fire dragon produces $329. You can easily buy a lot of $5,000 coin big red habitats and stuff them full of these guys. With only 5 hour breed times, you can easily make 3 per day.

That is $957 gold per hour per habitat for 75 food invested per habitat. In one week you can be making an extra $6,699 per hour without ever using an evolution chamber or investing heavily in food. Of course you can evolve a couple as food stores allow, but it is not necessary. If on an apple, evolving to level 4 makes since to trade for fire and pearl gems (only 5 hour evolve time)!

Most epic dragons average around $1,200 gold per hour, need tons of food to get to epic, and typically have long breed times (way longer than 5 hours). Instead of 10,000 +++ food invested, you invest 25 (five 1 food cost, five 4 food cost) to level 3 and stop.

Sell each Firestorm dragon as necessary to make room for the new Love Dragons. Up to this point, you should not have wasted any food on getting dragons to Epic or chasing after quests with useless quest rewards and punishment of XP. It is not needed yet. Once your economy is kicking, then start breeding new dragons and evolving a few to epic.

At night before you sleep, breed the Common Forest + Light dragon (Fuzzy). It has an 8 hour breed time (good nights sleep) and earns $326 per hour at level 3 (same 25 food investment). Also the green habitats earn a little more before maxing out so a nice way to expand off fire. You can get lucky and get a Pegasus dragon as well.

This strategy is the fastest way to earn income. This is not a get rich quick scheme, it will require checking in on habitats frequently (fire habitats fill up fast) but it takes advantage of short breeding time (shortest in game for common dragon), low food costs, low habitat cost, and high payout. After you get a nice income, things will be much easier.

Next step is to upgrade to large light habitat and then start storing light hybrids there (and selling off extra fire habitats to make room for whatever you like).

Other thoughts

Apple players can now get Pink from Red + Light combination which may throw this strategy off a little with 33 hour breed times, but I imagine they do not drop too much and it is a good way to get a pink without having to "wait" for it. Of course I wouldn?t know as I use an Android. Just buy a Pink Habitat if you get one and continue.

CJ525
12-30-12, 05:56 PM
I think this deserves a sticky. Well done. I just started on my new iPad and it is hard to gain money. Thanks for the tips!

henrylucky
12-30-12, 06:15 PM
Hmm....
At the first of game, I clear all foliage, because they're very annoying -_-

Nefertekas
12-30-12, 07:07 PM
Hmm....
At the first of game, I clear all foliage, because they're very annoying -_-

When they're cheapest that's doable, but then prices go crazy! XD

I especially liked the athletic dragon tip! Should be a sticky :)

jolyn66
12-30-12, 07:14 PM
I'm at level 30 now, reading this helps too,
beause I was so busy chasing the quests, I didn't noticed that there is a light dragon egg I can buy and breed!!

Thanks a lot for the tips, some of them are still useful to me! XD

uevenliftbro
12-30-12, 07:16 PM
came in expecting an idiot making an idiots guide.

instead found a pretty good guide, well thought out. the athletic dragon tip especially, clever.

lilylunalove
12-30-12, 08:04 PM
I wish I would've read this when I started playing DS. But I guess there's some good tips for a level 20 player too.

Cyclohexane
12-30-12, 09:28 PM
Just noticed I have "?" instead of " - " because copy and paste from word and no edit button. Thanks for comments guys, keep em comin :)

1puff
12-31-12, 12:30 AM
One quibble, you have Life (4) listed as red/green and green/yellow. I think you meant Fruitful on the green/yellow. Based on my experience with the game (two different times), this looks like an excellent way to avoid spending money to buy gold. Great effort!

Sefyre
12-31-12, 02:05 AM
Good guide, but this sort of thing works if and only if you are able to check your Dragons often enough to collect the maximum coins from them throughout the day.

Doesn't work for someone who can check the game maybe 3 times a day because all the habitats overflow with coins way too quickly.

In this game (unlike another game which I won't mention here), to maximize your coin earnings, you HAVE to check around the clock.

jennyh30
12-31-12, 02:37 AM
Wish id followed this but am now past level 10 and not done this
And completely failing want to restart my game

klaineisland
12-31-12, 03:33 AM
Holy cow. I wish I'd seen this when I was new, I'm level 70 and still don't have an Athletic. ;)

Nefertekas
12-31-12, 04:38 AM
Wish id followed this but am now past level 10 and not done this
And completely failing want to restart my game
You don'tneed to restart the game. :) just play along according to your level. This tutorial is to help gain money faster, but it's not the only way to play the game. :)

bdocc
12-31-12, 05:26 AM
Great Guide but I've already got quite a lot of money.

Lolas_Kryptonite
12-31-12, 05:42 AM
My favourite part is about the athletic! I have 2 now when I was trying for something else.
But the athletic part is good info
*thumbs up*

kwhales
12-31-12, 07:10 AM
Good points Cyclo--but boy, you have way too much time on your hands.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Wish i would have figured out the athletic part before I got magic...GRRRR

nky1111
12-31-12, 07:42 AM
i started by doing foresfire firestorm and serpent they all around 1000 per hour.
but. my primary goal was level 17 xp to get gems in other games. i'll quit dragon if they dont fix the book in android

rosewaterlily
12-31-12, 08:10 AM
Holy cow. I wish I'd seen this when I was new, I'm level 70 and still don't have an Athletic. ;)

Ha, me too. I'm level 78 and want an athletic, but only magic comes out whenever I try for it.

kurebiz
12-31-12, 08:15 AM
lvl 51 and still no athletic too! :(

Cyclohexane
12-31-12, 10:43 AM
One quibble, you have Life (4) listed as red/green and green/yellow. I think you meant Fruitful on the green/yellow. Based on my experience with the game (two different times), this looks like an excellent way to avoid spending money to buy gold. Great effort!

Yes that is correct. Unfortunately there is no edit feature on this forum for some strange reason. This is the only forum I have ever been to without an edit feature for the users.

Good guide, but this sort of thing works if and only if you are able to check your Dragons often enough to collect the maximum coins from them throughout the day.

It works better if you check frequently. However, you can create many fire habitats and put only one or two dragons on each so they fill up slowly. The hourly rates are the same. Then you do not need to check in so frequently. This will not work for a high level player due to habitat cap, but this guide is not meant for high level player.

Good points Cyclo--but boy, you have way too much time on your hands.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL Wish i would have figured out the athletic part before I got magic...GRRRR
It only took an hour to write it up. The problem is I had to get the information out of my head to make room for other things :)

instead found a pretty good guide, well thought out. the athletic dragon tip especially, clever.

Please rate the thread.

kwhales
12-31-12, 11:11 AM
It only took an hour to write it up. The problem is I had to get the information out of my head to make room for other things :)

I would of had to start another game and write down each step as I went along....Good memory you got there.

Cyclohexane
12-31-12, 01:01 PM
I would of had to start another game and write down each step as I went along....Good memory you got there.

I did start a new game on my wife's new ANDROID phone. It is kinda of fun blazing through the first section of the island at lighting speed. The strategy works.

I'd love to check out new IOS features but there is no way I am going to justify not only a much more expensive phone, but an additional $50 per month. My plan is awesome and you cannot get it with Apple products.

After a few hours of downloading free apps, my wife's phone is as good as the new i-phone. I have nothing against Apple products, I think they are awesome but I believe most people will come to the conclusion that an Android is just as good for much less. Then the future of this game will be in jeopardy as soon as the next cool game comes out that is updated for Android. Once people leave, it is hard to get them back.

Oh well, enjoy it while it lasts. I don't think Android will get any update other than the new Pink dragons. Unless they hire some new Android specific programmers which is unlikely in this economy.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-01-13, 06:29 PM
Cyclohexane ... You mention at Level 10 - 16, putting Firestorm on a "big red rock". Is this the upgraded (larger) red habitat?

Cyclohexane
01-02-13, 12:02 PM
Cyclohexane ... You mention at Level 10 - 16, putting Firestorm on a "big red rock". Is this the upgraded (larger) red habitat?

Yes, they are still cheap at $5,000 and hold 3 dragons (allowing you to save more money instead of clearing land). Immediately hatch 3 fire dragons on these and replace with firestorm as they hatch. A fire dragon only costs 100 coin and at level 3 (25 food) they make $175 per hour. With only 30 sec hatch time, they make money back quickly. Firestorms only make $190 at level 3 with 12 hour breed time but you need to breed something and they are highest paying common with chance for eagle and scorpion. Just filling with habitats with fire dragons is a viable (yet boring) option.

The important thing is to save $200K for immediate light dragons at level 17. Then you can get those 5 hour breed time $319 per hour dragons to replace all fire / firestorm commons. Once your income is at a level where you can expand, evolve, and breed without waiting, then start to replace those Love dragons with dragons you want.

MomsHouseofSweets
01-02-13, 05:53 PM
So, get the large red habitats (Big Rock) before Level 10, right?

flaming_foxtail
01-03-13, 12:17 AM
Very useful guide.
Excellent guide for beginners. Nice work!

Sefyre
01-03-13, 04:14 AM
Was rereading the guide to see what things I could make use of and since you mention using Light Dragon hybrids to earn coins, I thought I would mention that maintaining Light Dragons are quite a bit more expensive on iOS.

It's 585 Food to level a Light-only Dragon to Level 4 so you can breed it. For Light hybrids, it's 375 Food to level them to 3 (don't need to level to 4 to breed). Filling up multiple habitats with Light hybrids is going to run you down on food and coins more quickly if you're on iOS - especially if at that point in time, you're focusing on the Light Dragons to earn you the money.

They definitely earn the most... but if you're on iOS, the initial investment cost is much steeper than the 25 Food to level to 3 you mentioned.

amightytree
01-04-13, 02:52 PM
Sorry to say but this guide completely messed up my game i managed to get 2 magic dragons at level 9 and lost all my saved bricks now I have to reset my phone and start again :(

plby
01-04-13, 03:09 PM
Sorry to say but this guide completely messed up my game i managed to get 2 magic dragons at level 9 and lost all my saved bricks now I have to reset my phone and start again :(

Resetting your phone won't affect the game. It is stored on TLs servers, not your device.

makafushigi
01-04-13, 03:19 PM
oh man this guide is so detailed. I wihs I had read this when I was a newbie

Cyclohexane
01-04-13, 07:09 PM
It's 585 Food to level a Light-only Dragon to Level 4 so you can breed it. For Light hybrids, it's 375 Food to level them to 3 (don't need to level to 4 to breed).

They definitely earn the most... but if you're on iOS, the initial investment cost is much steeper than the 25 Food to level to 3 you mentioned.

I was not aware of food prices on IOS. However, getting 375 food should not be that hard at level 17. I think it is still a viable option, especially with increased income. But I am an Android player so cannot confirm directly.

That is impossible; you cannot get a magic dragon at level 9. I just started this strategy on my wifes phone and got 2 athletic at level 9. I would have gotten 3 but my wife played a few quests and leveled to quickly. Once I hit 10, then I got the magic dragon.

You made a mistake, don't blame the guide. It is very clear that the magic dragon only becomes available at level 10. I have verified and tested this on Android.

Also, I am not sure what a saved brick is nor do I know what resetting your phone does. If you were only level 10, then resetting your account should be no problem. This time, do not do any quests and follow guide closer. Look at magic dragon in shop before you level to 10, the dragon is un-enabled.

lollipop_rp
01-04-13, 08:07 PM
Nice!
Reward a sticky right here

FlamingInferno
01-04-13, 08:32 PM
This Guide rules! Although i have no time to try it out :(

kasaokc
01-05-13, 03:47 PM
A bit confused ... on my Kindle I'm level 8 and I just bred a red and blue and got a 20 hour timer .... thought that wasn't possible?

06hunter
01-05-13, 04:25 PM
I was not aware of food prices on IOS. However, getting 375 food should not be that hard at level 17. I think it is still a viable option, especially with increased income. But I am an Android player so cannot confirm directly.

That is impossible; you cannot get a magic dragon at level 9. I just started this strategy on my wifes phone and got 2 athletic at level 9. I would have gotten 3 but my wife played a few quests and leveled to quickly. Once I hit 10, then I got the magic dragon.

You made a mistake, don't blame the guide. It is very clear that the magic dragon only becomes available at level 10. I have verified and tested this on Android.

Also, I am not sure what a saved brick is nor do I know what resetting your phone does. If you were only level 10, then resetting your account should be no problem. This time, do not do any quests and follow guide closer. Look at magic dragon in shop before you level to 10, the dragon is un-enabled.
Something went wrong. I followed your strategy to the tee. I have not cleared anything nor have I done any quest. I'm only on level 8. I bred my Fire and Water, and instead of getting Athletic, I have 20 hours breeding time, which means I'm getting Magic. how can That be? I checked the market and Like you said Magic isn't available till level 10. So what do I do now? I'm using kindle fire which as you know is an android device. Should I buy a purple habitats and keep Magic or sell him and keep trying in the hope that I get at least 1 Athletic? if You want to verify my level and progress my ID is 20mimzy13.

kwhales
01-05-13, 04:26 PM
A bit confused ... on my Kindle I'm level 8 and I just bred a red and blue and got a 20 hour timer .... thought that wasn't possible?

What did you breed? If it was red, blue and yellow...you have fireworks not magic...same breed time.

kwhales
01-05-13, 04:31 PM
What did you breed? If it was red, blue and yellow...you have fireworks not magic...same breed time.

Soory kas..didn't realize you were a high level player...never mind the question...

kasaokc
01-05-13, 06:32 PM
Soory kas..didn't realize you were a high level player...never mind the question...

No worries :)
I downloaded on my kindle for fun and to try the write up strategy. I just barely made it into level 8 with the water dragon evolved so I could breed it. The 20 hour breed confused me so I double-checked and confirmed it is a level 4 fire and level 4 water. Then I checked market just to make sure magic was still locked at my level and it is. Some kind of glitch apparently.

06hunter
01-05-13, 06:32 PM
Something went wrong. I followed your strategy to the tee. I have not cleared anything nor have I done any quest. I'm only on level 8. I bred my Fire and Water, and instead of getting Athletic, I have 20 hours breeding time, which means I'm getting Magic. how can That be? I checked the market and Like you said Magic isn't available till level 10. So what do I do now? I'm using kindle fire which as you know is an android device. Should I buy a purple habitats and keep Magic or sell him and keep trying in the hope that I get at least 1 Athletic? if You want to verify my level and progress my ID is 20mimzy13.
I'm trying not to collect from my habitats because I don't want my level to go up before I have the chance to try again for Athletic!

lriptide
01-05-13, 07:32 PM
It suc ks i got virtue while atempting to get my firstlove to het rich im sad forever poor

FlamingInferno
01-05-13, 08:11 PM
It suc ks i got virtue while atempting to get my firstlove to het rich im sad forever poor

LOL Your lucky

Spandypop
01-06-13, 12:54 AM
I started a new game on my (android) phone to give this a go, just crept into level 8 when my water dragon was ready and ended up with a 20 hour breed! It would appear that TL liked your guide so much they decided to ruin it for everyone. Bah humbug.

Spandypop
01-06-13, 12:55 AM
Just tried again, and yep, got another 20 hour on the go.

trollbogey
01-06-13, 10:37 AM
Sorry but it doesn't work with the athletic dragons I keep gettin magic dragon at level 8&9 :(

trollbogey
01-06-13, 10:40 AM
This is my new account, got a magic dragon at level 8 again, I play on IOS device

kwhales
01-06-13, 10:44 AM
Has anyone bred an athletic lately?

06hunter
01-06-13, 12:10 PM
Second attempt in a row for Athletic and I'm getting another Magic at level 8. I don't understand because the market still shows that it isn't available till level 10. There is a quest called abracadabra to breed Magic maybe after we collect on it we'll be able to breed Athletic. I haven't even collected the coins from my habitats because I'm afraid it will push me up to level 10 and then I'll get nothing but Magics.

kasaokc
01-06-13, 02:43 PM
I'm leaving my pair in the breeding den until I get a response on my ticket

Cyclohexane
01-06-13, 04:29 PM
Second attempt in a row for Athletic and I'm getting another Magic at level 8. I don't understand because the market still shows that it isn't available till level 10. There is a quest called abracadabra to breed Magic maybe after we collect on it we'll be able to breed Athletic. I haven't even collected the coins from my habitats because I'm afraid it will push me up to level 10 and then I'll get nothing but Magics.

My wifes account is momadragon8. I am level 15 right now, your welcome to take a look.

I got 2 athletes at level 9 (one on nest and breed another). If I had second nest, I would have got three. When I got to level 10 and tried again, I immediately breed a magic with same combo. I am just about to hit level 17 on that account and easily have enough saved to immediately purchase a light habitat and light dragon egg. The strategy is working great, constantly expanding.

I started a new game on my (android) phone to give this a go, just crept into level 8 when my water dragon was ready and ended up with a 20 hour breed! It would appear that TL liked your guide so much they decided to ruin it for everyone. Bah humbug.

Are you guys Android or ios? Besides updates, I know for certain there are some other subtle differences. I can't imagine TL making a fix like that just because of a guide. They have got tons of other things to do. I play original Dragon Story (not Android New Dawn version). Please list ios or Android and software (Dragon Story or New Dawn) used.

kasaokc
01-06-13, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Are you guys Android or ios? Besides updates, I know for certain there are some other subtle differences. I can't imagine TL making a fix like that just because of a guide. They have got tons of other things to do. I play original Dragon Story (not Android New Dawn version). Please list ios or Android and software (Dragon Story or New Dawn) used.[/QUOTE]

I'm on Kindle. Island is kasaokc. I have IOS on my phone with same island name so if you're looking it's the level 8 one.

adriennemorrisa
01-08-13, 08:48 PM
So I tried getting an athletic at level 9, and I got a 20 hr breed time. Tried breeding again, and I have a 14 hr breed time this time. First egg hasn't hatched yet, and the breeding should be done by now, so we'll see. But from what I can tell, I'm getting an athletic on my second try. I'm on Android OS.

lriptide
01-08-13, 09:38 PM
i dont know if this guide is still effective on my part im lvl 22, but i think love dragon 400 coins per hour isnt tht great. getting a lot of love dragon i think its a bad i dea. i just started to breed diamond dragon and i got a lots of athletic honeybee eagle etc. and i think they are enough to be rich. at least i still had a chance to get a diamond. just sayin

lriptide
01-08-13, 09:48 PM
but love dragon has a good exp gain :) 1,100

Cyclohexane
01-20-13, 02:22 PM
i dont know if this guide is still effective on my part im lvl 22, but i think love dragon 400 coins per hour isnt tht great. getting a lot of love dragon i think its a bad i dea. i just started to breed diamond dragon and i got a lots of athletic honeybee eagle etc. and i think they are enough to be rich. at least i still had a chance to get a diamond. just sayin

If you have a diamond dragon, then this is not the guide for you.

I started a game on my wife's phone and been running through this guide. Since it is my wife's phone, I only log in about twice per day but money is never an issue. Remember, you sell the Love dragons later. They are temporary.

One thing I'll add to this guide (as Android with cheap food costs), you can easily level your love dragons to level 7 with no issue on food or coin and still be expanding (evolve time is so fast).

I started on my wifes account a few days after I wrote this guide and I'm already in mid 20's and have lots of rares and a few super rares. You do not have to breed Love dragons exclusively, just to start. I have about 5 habitats full of them and starting to save for large light habitats now that the first island section is cleared. I just got a Tusker to!

but love dragon has a good exp gain :) 1,100

After level 10, there is no reason to worry about not leveling up. That is just a trick with the Athlete dragon and apparently, based on feedback, only Android phones can do this.

Nefertekas
01-21-13, 07:28 AM

Not everyone is able to breed high-earning dragons so easily ;) i remember i struggled a bit at first, but eventually managed to breed scoprion, eagle, fairy. Those boosted my income! But "back then" clearing costs weren't so high ! Expansion costed a bit more, but the stuff we need to hack away was less expensive in my earlier levels.

lollipop_rp
01-21-13, 07:52 AM
This is a really good method. Helped me get a lot of coins on my android.

Not everyone is able to breed high-earning dragons so easily ;) i remember i struggled a bit at first, but eventually managed to breed scoprion, eagle, fairy. Those boosted my income! But "back then" clearing costs weren't so high ! Expansion costed a bit more, but the stuff we need to hack away was less expensive in my earlier levels.

MazShaddix
01-21-13, 09:44 PM
I'm tempted to get out my android phone and create an island on there, just to give this a go :) I currently play on iOS past level 70 and it would be a nice tiny break from trying to get a leopard dragon... Check out my island maybe?? ID is - MazShaddix (island is Overgrown Eden)

Marty67
02-05-13, 12:52 PM
My wifes account is momadragon8. I am level 15 right now, your welcome to take a look.
I got 2 athletes at level 9 (one on nest and breed another). If I had second nest, I would have got three. When I got to level 10 and tried again, I immediately breed a magic with same combo. I am just about to hit level 17 on that account and easily have enough saved to immediately purchase a light habitat and light dragon egg. The strategy is working great, constantly expanding.

I also got immediately 2x Magic at level 7, following your guise. Even though in the market Magic shows locked till level 10 i was able to breed them as soon as i was able to get the water dragon at level 7.

Are you guys Android or ios? Besides updates, I know for certain there are some other subtle differences. I can't imagine TL making a fix like that just because of a guide. They have got tons of other things to do. I play original Dragon Story (not Android New Dawn version). Please list ios or Android and software (Dragon Story or New Dawn) used.
I'm on Android running the "Dragon Story - New Dawn" version (1.0.5.4.2).

kwhales
02-05-13, 04:01 PM
Cyclo, just thought you would like to know, I just started a new game on a new ipad and magic now appears to level 7. That is when the goal for magic appeared. Never got a chance to get athletic because water isn't available unitl level 7 either. So, magic has seemed to rear its head earlier than it use too.

Oh, and i started the game this past Sunday.

MonkeyMomma76
02-06-13, 03:12 AM
This would have been great to know when I started playing. I feel a little screwed now since I'm already at level 18 and I don't have any baby dragons. This is the first game like this I have ever played and so I am a little confused and frustrated as to the strategies for success. I really don't want to spend cash on this game to buy gold, but the higher up I get it seems like you need gold for EVERYTHING. Am I missing something here guys? I am surprised by how much I am enjoying the creativity of this game, but if I can't advance any further without spending actual dollars I may have to give it up. I would greatly appreciate any and tips, pointers, advice, shortcuts etc. you all can offer. Thanks bunches!!! :-))

anurulz
02-06-13, 10:27 AM
hey i started playing today..and rreached level 7..wasted money on the clearing quests..wish i had seen this thread sooner..but never mind..will work on saving for the water dragon and breeding the athletic dragon..

Marty67
02-06-13, 11:59 AM
No need for buying gold as long as you are patient enough. The gold provided for installing other TL games and other tasks is plenty enough.

Most important in my opinion is clearing space early on and maximize number of habitats (only go for big ones) on the cleared space. Stay away from decorations and other not functional stuff. Once you have around 20 habitats the money flow is enough to provide for all the tasks.

MonkeyMomma76
02-07-13, 03:38 AM
Confused...is the "Light" habitat the diamond or white one? I can't find one called "Light" specifically. I'm level 18 and hatching my first purple magic egg right now. I can get either diamond or white, but not both. And how do you get a light dragon? Coins or gold?

kwhales
02-07-13, 06:39 AM
Confused...is the "Light" habitat the diamond or white one? I can't find one called "Light" specifically. I'm level 18 and hatching my first purple magic egg right now. I can get either diamond or white, but not both. And how do you get a light dragon? Coins or gold?

White is light.

ivanazagreb
02-07-13, 06:57 AM
Cyclohexane this is an amazing thread!! I wish you've wrote this when I started playing! Great advices!!!! Good job! :)

Cyclohexane
02-07-13, 11:19 AM
To all the guys who say athletes are no longer available, that hurts but they are not necessary. Once your Love dragon economy kicks in, you don?t need them. However they were very useful getting my left and right dragons (red + blue rares). Check out the screenshots.

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/0a758caf6cbba7506bb207deb156405ca61d279a84890c4a9f ffee4368023f756g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/fb45b300a6a4da8f3357d9d37e9f57577412c5c98d99c9ec09 ee7a1af5e1feff6g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/1ecbe715e8f852dd69d66822957df319ce8473b1c930a4d3b9 da61cebcd599666g.jpg

Check out how many Love dragons I have! Most of those are level 5 dragons (quick to evolve and only requires 165 food). Each one makes 514 per hour, or 1,542 per habitat (i.e. habitat maxed in about an hour and a half). If you can check in that frequently, you will be rolling in the cash.

I started playing this account a few days after I wrote this guide. I only check in twice per day (morning and night), sometimes after work but this is my wife?s phone. If I checked in every 2 hours, I?d have lots more income and be more advanced. With that said, I just got a Caesar, have two Tuskers, three athletes, all common light, epic Loves, epic light, epic super, fairy, etc. etc. I am at the point now where I can start replacing my Love dragons and their fire habitats with other desirable dragons on light habitats. Then I won?t need to check in frequently and will have the luxury to work on whatever dragon I like.

My first account on my phone I followed the quests and focused on getting basics to epic too much. With this account, I ignore the quests until I have a moment with no personal goals, then I go revisit them. I notice a definite difference in economy and how easy it is to spread out now and not struggling so hard. Still, don?t be discouraged if you did not follow, there is no wrong way to play!

anurulz
02-08-13, 10:06 AM
i dnt know whether to be happy or sad..i was at level 9 when i bred water and fire to get the athletic dragon as per this guide..and i end up wid a left-heart dragon!! and tht pushes my xp and i hit 10 level..now my next breed has gotten me a 20 hr breeding time so i know its a magic dragon..there goes my chance of getting an athletic dragon..but am glad i atleast got the left-heart soon..tho lord know how and when wil get the rt-heart coz tht seems to be more rare..

kaeru34
02-09-13, 12:01 AM
i tried breed fire and water, but its come to left heart dragon.. not Athlete :(

kwhales
02-09-13, 07:22 AM
i tried breed fire and water, but its come to left heart dragon.. not Athlete :(

Yeah, TL through a wrench in the mix by lowering magic to level 7 and adding the heart dragons. Athletic is getting very hard to get. Now you need more luck then before to get one. I am at level 93 and still athletic-less.

WillowPegasus
02-09-13, 09:07 AM
OH WOW!!!! Wonderful thread, though very time comsuming plan, but thats okay, as all I do on free time is play DS.

Great Great Great Great Thread!!!!! =)

Melodies4Life
02-17-13, 09:01 PM
This is an excellent, well prepared guide for starters who require income independence. Wish I would have stumbled upon this thread before I reached level 13. No matter, I still find the information contained in the guide and thread beneficial. I didn't breed water+fire correctly; ended up with a fireworks egg:-) Anyway, I will attempt to breed lv4 water+fire tomorrow. I hope TL didn't get rid off Athletic Dragon. Thanks Cyclohexane!

riisak
02-18-13, 12:19 AM
I noticed a huge change in my silver supply when I started buying a lot of habitats. So my advice would be have as many habitats as space+cap will let you, and fill them with level 3 dragons. My daily silver doubled the first day I started this.

riisak
02-18-13, 12:22 AM
Oh and don't upgrade farms until maybe around level 20 or higher. Level 4-7 dragons are easy to get and the apple supply is actually more than the upgraded farms, it just requires you to collect hourly as the trade off.

But, spending money on food at all puts a huge dent in your daily income. So not worth it unless you have something you specifically want to level. Otherwise just keep 1000 apples ready and you should be good for as couple days

looney_gul
02-20-13, 02:03 AM
Pity :( i would like to think i did things sensibly in the game, but i read this only now :( :(..... Boo hoo hoo. Nevertheless, i will try to follow your tips, i am on lvl 21 :( dunno if it will help me now. The Foliage is already too **** expensive. i dont have money, dont have space :( you also mention Gold, Do Dragons give gold or just silver coins? pls clarify. im dying for Gold, These stupid TeamLava have made Nest for gold that too 250 no way can i have a 2nd one :( any tips? Also what the heck is a Purple dragon? i need to breed Red and Purple to get Cupid, yes i still havent come to this quest :( HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP MEEEE

DraconJakc
02-20-13, 03:20 AM
Pity :( i would like to think i did things sensibly in the game, but i read this only now :( :(..... Boo hoo hoo. Nevertheless, i will try to follow your tips, i am on lvl 21 :( dunno if it will help me now. The Foliage is already too **** expensive. i dont have money, dont have space :( you also mention Gold, Do Dragons give gold or just silver coins? pls clarify. im dying for Gold, These stupid TeamLava have made Nest for gold that too 250 no way can i have a 2nd one :( any tips? Also what the heck is a Purple dragon? i need to breed Red and Purple to get Cupid, yes i still havent come to this quest :( HEEEELLLLLPPPPPP MEEEE
You can get gold 3 ways:
1. Buy - if you do, wait for sale.
2. Wait for goals which ask you to install other team lava games: You can get 30 gold for installing & up to 2 x 15 for reaching certain levels depending on the game. Example of the games that give free golds for installing & leveling up are a) Fashion Story, b) Restaurant Story, c) Bakery Story & d) Slots. They offer gold to install & play whenever there is new game edition.
3. Receive as gifts from neighbors. You can get 1 gold from a neighbor everyday ( with 20/day I heard but not verified because I was never able to get that many ). And you can also give back up to 3 neighbors.
4. Wait, don't speed up. - Do not use gold to speed up. Just wait. In this case, the saying "Time is Gold" is very true because the Gold you never spend is a Gold you earn.

So without spending any money, you can get as many as 500 golds in 2 months of patience. :) Sufficient to buy a 2nd nest. In another month or so, you can buy a third nest for 500 golds.
Cheers!

DraconJakc
02-20-13, 03:21 AM
Ooops... the #4 is an afterthought so not counted when I say 3 ways. :)

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 03:21 AM
Purple(MAGIC DRAGON) iis a mix of water and fire dragon. 20 hours breeding time. Once you have it, you unlock a whole new world of dragons :)
Dragons only give silver coins. To get gold, you have to have neighbors who will gift it to you! The most secure way is to write on people's walls "I'm looking for gold buddies, I'll gift back every day!"
Meaning: if they gift you, you gift them back or vice-versa. Note that you can send only 3 gold a day, but you can receive up to 20 (which only happens to really lucky people xD)
And that's how we slowly earn gold.
Another way is to install and play other Team Lava games. In your goals, you may sometimes (and randomly) find goals that tell you to install and/or reach a certain level. To install they give you 30 gold (iOS users have to place a decoration before they get the gold) and then you can earn 15 more gold in two more goals by reaching certain levels.

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 03:24 AM
Ooops... the #4 is an afterthought so not counted when I say 3 ways. :)

You got there first xD

As for not speeding up - sometimes it may be necessary, like when trying for limited edition dragons. I sometimes speed up before going to bed when i check the time and it's going to be hatched long before I wake up.
I also never speed up when a timer drops below 40 minutes or so - I think that paying 1 gold for less than an hour is a waste!

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 10:51 AM
I noticed a huge change in my silver supply when I started buying a lot of habitats. So my advice would be have as many habitats as space+cap will let you, and fill them with level 3 dragons. My daily silver doubled the first day I started this.

Did you purchase large or small habitats? I would think large habitats are best if you are unable to check on them frequently...

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 10:56 AM
Did you purchase large or small habitats? I would think large habitats are best if you are unable to check on them frequently...

Yup. They usually have more than the double of capacity. If a person can handle the investment, getting larger ones is a good idea. If not, upgrading them as money flows in is the best.

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 10:58 AM
Much appreciated!

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 07:17 PM
Well, I am breeding Light (lv4) + Red (lv4) for the first time; I don't think it's a Love dragon because my breeding time is 20 long hours. 😥Any thoughts?

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 07:18 PM
Well, I am breeding Light (lv4) + Red (lv4) for the first time; I don't think it's a Love dragon because my breeding time is 20 long hours. 😥Any thoughts?

It's probably 21 hrs which would be a Tusker. super rare and hard to get. Congrats!

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 07:26 PM
Well then, this is a good thing. Thank you!

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 07:33 PM
Wait, I totally made a mistake ( I think). Breeding time actually says 2days or 33 gold. So, does this mean whatever dragon I now have will hatch in 33 hours?😱

tonguelashing
02-20-13, 07:42 PM
Wait, I totally made a mistake ( I think). Breeding time actually says 2days or 33 gold. So, does this mean whatever dragon I now have will hatch in 33 hours?😱

correct, that would be the pink Virtue dragon

Melodies4Life
02-20-13, 07:53 PM
correct, that would be the pink Virtue dragon

TL did it again; Virtue is showing locked until level 20. Oh well, thanks again for your assistance. As you can see, I'm a newbie😅

DraconJakc
02-21-13, 03:07 AM
In the beginning, the money is tight & slow to come by, you may need to buy the small habitat first. But as you go in higher level & money flows easily, always go for the Big Habitat. This is because the cost to buy the big habitat directly is the same as upgrading so you basically lose the initial cost of purchase of the small habitat.

DraconJakc
02-21-13, 03:16 AM
This would have been great to know when I started playing. I feel a little screwed now since I'm already at level 18 and I don't have any baby dragons. This is the first game like this I have ever played and so I am a little confused and frustrated as to the strategies for success. I really don't want to spend cash on this game to buy gold, but the higher up I get it seems like you need gold for EVERYTHING. Am I missing something here guys? I am surprised by how much I am enjoying the creativity of this game, but if I can't advance any further without spending actual dollars I may have to give it up. I would greatly appreciate any and tips, pointers, advice, shortcuts etc. you all can offer. Thanks bunches!!! :-))
Don't quit. You can advance without spending a single cent. I am at level 44 & have not bought anything so far. At the rate I am getting gold from friends & goals, I may not have too. I have outlined how to get free gold on page 8. Please check on it... But the most important advice so you wont have to spend any money is be patient & just wait. Play other games if you feel bored of waiting & come back to DS to collect coins or when breeding, clearing or hatching is finished. DS is not a game you watch & stare at... :)

DraconJakc
02-21-13, 03:21 AM
You got there first xD

As for not speeding up - sometimes it may be necessary, like when trying for limited edition dragons. I sometimes speed up before going to bed when i check the time and it's going to be hatched long before I wake up.
I also never speed up when a timer drops below 40 minutes or so - I think that paying 1 gold for less than an hour is a waste!
I do this as well. If anything will be finished <2 hours after my bedtime, I speed up & start another breeding or evolving. But anything beyond that I wait out & let it sit until I wake up. And why not? I always wait for DS so it's nice to let DS wait for me once in a while. ;)

DragonTan1
02-26-13, 07:06 PM
Good stuff!! I just saw this and I haven't read it all yet but I got an Athlete Dragon on my first try and I had no idea about the level 10 thing otherwise I would have got another. I am level 17 and I have a level 7 Elf Dragon, level 6 Forestfire, level 6 Athlete Dragon, level 6 Rose Dragon and a few common dragons which is getting me plenty of coins but I wanted to know if it is best to collect the coins as soon as somebody has played with them or wait until it says collect? I normally collect as soon as which is about 250 - 500+ coins but if it says collect I can get over 1000+ coins, just curious how others are collecting coins.

mznene83
02-26-13, 07:36 PM
thats a good question i wantto know the same should we collect the money when it says collect or collect when someone plays with them?

kwhales
02-26-13, 07:53 PM
thats a good question i wantto know the same should we collect the money when it says collect or collect when someone plays with them?

Collect as often as possible. You do not need to wait for the collect sign. The sign shows up when you are about 30% coin capacity. You can wait for the sign, but if you are on anyway, collect.

mznene83
02-26-13, 07:57 PM
ok cool

DragonTan1
02-26-13, 09:42 PM
Collect as often as possible. You do not need to wait for the collect sign. The sign shows up when you are about 30% coin capacity. You can wait for the sign, but if you are on anyway, collect.

Thanks for the info, that is what I have been doing but I was thinking once somebody has played it may speed up the time it takes to get max coins or something like that.

7Riptide
02-27-13, 01:23 AM
i dunnu if i am new player or something i made 12 light habitats and breed a lots of light hybreeds, i got 5 ceasar lvl 3 750 coins per hour; i did not follow the love dragon guide;

the best way to get rich is just build habitat as possible. just breed 4 elemets for diamond hunting at the same time super rare rares dragon; and time = rich

mommeeof4
03-05-13, 10:26 AM
Ok, so I tried out your method and I have gotten one left heart so far. I have another 12 hour breed time. This is good, they still make a large amounts of coins. My question is if this is a right heart, should I attemp for a passion? I am not even at level 9 yet. Thoughts...

mommeeof4
03-07-13, 09:15 AM
I am now at level 10 and I have gotten 5 lefthearts and I have another 12 hour breed time.....

nettie6684
03-07-13, 11:42 AM
hey guys, so I'm already a lvl 37 and boy did i do it all wrong. How do I get an athletic dragon now? and can we move habitats to other islands? If so, how in the world do we move them? Thanks

MonkeyMomma76
03-28-13, 12:30 AM
Well, I started a new game with the express purpose of testing this theory. So far, I'm not too impressed. Even being really careful to avoid XP, I was only able to breed 1 Athlete before I hit level 10 :-(( I think maybe some adjustments are needed to reflect the most recent updates in gameplay. Just a suggestion...it is a valiant effort, but I think no longer as effective a plan as when it was first posted.

shambalaya
03-28-13, 12:54 AM
I got a 2 day (33 hour) breeding time first try - that kinda threw off my plans to hatch 3 love dragons today! I guess I shouldn't complain about getting the virtue dragon though :-)

elwood99
03-28-13, 08:28 AM
I think there is an easier method.

1) for starting players, just build habitats n filled them up with dragons. Do not sell any dragons unless you run out of space.
2) do not upgrade your farm. Just leave it at the smallest farm and do the fireapples 1 hr thing
3) very important do NOT raise your dragons above lvl 6. For me duplicate dragons that are stopped at lvl 4.
4) the game favors players that keep coming back every 2-3 hours.

5) keep expanding n building habitats. Do not buy the trading or crafting or any decor. These take up precious space n cost money. Also do not do any goals as most goals costs money n result in negative cash flow n worthkess xp. Exception are the goals that result in gems.

6) once you reached 35-40 habitats you r rich. Mathematically say avg of 3,000 coins x 40 habitats that is 120,000 coins per session. So expansion n clearing is no problem. Eg I used to do about 8 sessions per day. Then one can buy those trading n crafting n decor or raise all your dragons to epic.

Do you find these tips helpful?

shambalaya
03-29-13, 09:47 AM
ok, so first light/fire combo was a 33 hour Virtue, second try is a 15 hour Laserlight, no Love.
I agree with elwood99s tips and will add that it is a good idea to get a second nest as soon as possible, I got mine in under two weeks with gold from neighbors and from the "totally unrelated extra goals" you get from downloading and playing other games. It's the only reason I even went for the 5 hour love dragon - with only one nest, it would have been sitting there for 28 hours trapping two dragons in the breeding den.
Also if you have the time to do a lot of active playing, do buffbeets and start visiting neighbors by the hundreds, go home every three minutes to clear sparkles and harvest buffbeets and take another round. Many players return visits immediately afterwards, and I've had a few days in which I cleared several hundred sparkles which quickly makes a huge difference at lower levels.
I didn't know that the game favors active players... maybe that's why I can't get the common Love, but keep getting rare dragons! :-)

shambalaya
03-29-13, 10:55 AM
something else I discovered - my game lags a bit in registering visits, sometimes several minutes, therefore I just tap and collect from the habitats without sparkles, but if somebody did visit I will still get the bonus a little later.

shambalaya
03-29-13, 11:13 AM
plus choosing an island name starting with a letter in the beginning of the alphabet will get you more visits from people who just go through their list of neighbors from one end to the other, but will stop half way through if they don't have more time to play.

elwood99
03-29-13, 05:57 PM
Just to add some more tips

1) when visiting nbrs, always comment on their wall. Because sometimes the msg gets truncated if there is too many activities so your visit may not be seen by the nbr. There is no need to change your name becuase it cost gold.
2) the easiest way to refresh is to write something on your wall or deleting msg from your wall. It should show the lateset sparkles

annbluebird
03-30-13, 04:28 AM
STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

answer is : beware of easter/honeybee/firestorm and every red/yellow combo, those could bring you mythic ! and you surely dont have enough coins to built its habitat

shambalaya
03-30-13, 05:42 AM
you can't get mythic before level 40, so you have some time to save up those 6 million coins for the habitat :-)

koiju
03-30-13, 05:47 AM
I wish I'd read this 40-odd levels ago, bare minimum I'd have an athletic dragon that I'm still yet to breed!!

Aliciasfunstuff
04-09-13, 09:35 AM
I followe guide to a T and got 4 eggs before lvl 10... 1st athletic at lvl 7....2nd left heart at lvl 8 ...3rd got a 2nd athletic. ... last bread at lvl 9 got right heart.... guessing left and right hearts are possible too prior to magic at lvl 10.

Aliciasfunstuff
04-09-13, 09:40 AM
Had to try on my new tablet as my main account has gottwn on my last nerve trying to bread easter dragon 28 eggs in most were firestorm and egals with one scorpian and one honeybee so had to take a break.... so glad I found this guide I'm happy with my new game with the 2 athletic and a left and right heart

QueenAssassin21
04-09-13, 11:57 AM

Yes, that's what I thought.

Thanks for taking the time to post this OP. Great job.

ghostbaker
04-10-13, 10:37 AM
Wish I had started with this knowledge. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience. Now..to save me from further anguish of having an epic fire dragon and 50 magic sold on the nest, can you recommend any strategy? I sold the epic fire after reading your post. DId not help situation thus far.....

KrystalKitty154
05-12-13, 03:17 PM
Found this thread today. I started DS about 3 weeks ago on my iPad and am now at a level 35. I am having a lot of fun with it and love it on my iOS cuz of all the extra stuff they give us. But I didn't start out the way to getting rich quick. So I downloaded DS on my Android phone and have started the game there. I am at lvl 4 now and have bred my first fire/forest ( to get the Life quest, which btw is not in the quests yet) and I got a 5 to 7 hr breed time, so I am thinking it is a Wild, Landworm or Forestfire. The reason I don't know is because my little phone does not put a time on the bar like my iPad does. Is this something that I will have to get used to on the phone? I don't want to hit the breed button cuz I don't know if that will automatically use my gold to speed things up. I see that no one has posted on this thread in over a month now so if you all don't monitor, thanks anyway. I am going to get lots of habitats and make lots of money before doing the quests (like I did in my first game). Wish me luck. And thanks for all the great info. I am learning something everyday, and yes, I have the time to be on the game a lot at my job, so I will hopefully advance pretty fast. Hope I don't get burned out.

kwhales
05-12-13, 04:06 PM
I am not android but I am sure someone will respond with advice.

Olena
05-12-13, 04:12 PM
The reason I don't know is because my little phone does not put a time on the bar like my iPad does. Is this something that I will have to get used to on the phone? I don't want to hit the breed button cuz I don't know if that will automatically use my gold to speed things up. I see that no one has posted on this thread in over a month now so if you all don't monitor, thanks anyway. I am going to get lots of habitats and make lots of money before doing the quests (like I did in my first game). Wish me luck.
There is time :) only not above bars but look at icon with watch in the right corner when clicking on breeding temple - there will be a popup with time left ;)

jedyk
05-20-13, 08:01 AM
Hi

Im kind of a noob on this game, only on lvl 50ish but i kinda liked reading other players opinions and guides, i now want to do the same with other noobs.

This guide is for me the part 2 of this one - http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich

So check that one out, when u finish reading come back and continue down below.

So ur now above LVL 17, continue doing what guide says but have this in mind:

Breeding:

- Best way to earn money is to always keep every dragon and evolve to lvl 3 the ones you dont want to keep in the future, and the ones you want to keep lvl 7.

- If u have your habitats top out and a new dragon comes, always remove the dragon with lowest money ouput first !! (seabreeze > mist for maxed blue habitats so bye bye mist)

- Always put new dragons on the habitat that has the highest top out (purple = 5k < red = 2.5k)

- The only epic you can actually do in this stage are diamond ones, why? because the habitat has a 20k limit, meaning you can max them out and they will almost never top that. So its a good cash flow.

- When u get access to virtue and night try to breed them right away, dont try anything else breeding them !!

- When u get virtue (white + red) you will try virtue hybrids, meaning if u put yellow + virtue u can get anything related to yellow white and red, so breeding yellow and red, or white and yellow before is a waste of time, just because u can get same results with virtue, with the extra benefit of the chance for a hybrid.

- Read the above for virtue, its the same for night, and diamond for example. So breeding anubis or mercury, u can get them breeding diamond n night, and ofc dark angel.

- There is no point in evolving to epic for extra breeding change, its the same if ur lvl 3 or lvl 10.

- The best gold you cand spend is on a NEW NEST!! the rest is up to you but this is the n1 purchase, can easily have 2 dragons and breeding a third for non stop breeding action !!

Habitats:

- A good managment of habitats its they KEY for good money.

- Unless its a fetich, forget mything and cosmic habitats, u can get much more value for money filling a white or a pink habitat first so max them out and then go for the big ***s !! (ps that way you dont need to beg your NB to visit, ull be your own bill gates).

- So a perfect end game management of habitats assuming you place a hybrid in the habitat with max top out money ( if you get magic n yellow dragon, put it on magic because magic = 5k top and yellow =2.9k top) the end game will be like this:

Red - 2 = 1 Hab
Green - 8 = 3 Hab
Blue - 13 = 5 Hab
Pink - 12 = 4 Hab
Purple - 16 = 6 Hab
Black - 10 = 4 Hab
Diamond - 10 = 10 Hab
Cosmic -3 = 1 Hab
Mythic - 3 = 1 Hab
White- 16 = 6 Hab
Yellow - 9 = 3 Hab

So 43 habitats, that is the current top habitats. But i STRONGLY advise dumping some diamond ones for another mythic or cosmic that are 2 young "colors" and bound to get some more dragons on them.

Hope i didnt say anything stupid and that this will help other players.

Feel free to critic and correct !!

Tkz

alexti
05-20-13, 08:05 AM
For ios you what your dragon to be at lvl 4, so you can trade in your dragon for gem stone.

jedyk
05-20-13, 08:08 AM
I have android as u would assume :D Even so i dont know if i would trade dragons unless i had all habitats toped out as i have right now for example. Most of them give me good money per hour, got many repeated ones that are super rare so :)

alexti
05-20-13, 08:19 AM
I have android as u would assume :D Even so i dont know if i would trade dragons unless i had all habitats toped out as i have right now for example. Most of them give me good money per hour, got many repeated ones that are super rare so :)
Yes but don't you want gem stone dragon if you on ios, it's the only way to get it without buying it.

jedyk
05-20-13, 01:58 PM
Yes but don't you want gem stone dragon if you on ios, it's the only way to get it without buying it.

Its like mythic and cosmic, if i had ios ill leave gem breeding for last in the game. money comes first to get all habitats filled,and after that i would start to sell them.

zoecn
05-22-13, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the guide. I'm using Ipad and it works, although I read this too late until level 7, but still have enough time to breed 1 x Athletic Dragon, I'm at level 12 now and breeding 1 x Magic at the moment.

I tried to breed at level 11 with the combo of Mist Dragon (Water and Air) + Fire Dragon while waiting for Magic Dragon, it gave me 22 hrs breeding time (2 hrs more than Magic), is it Mirage Dragon (Fire, Air, water color) or Mindvolt Dragon (Water, Air Color)?

hayjaime76
05-22-13, 09:46 PM
How can I breed to get an athletic dragon if I am on level 13 now?! I really wish I had read this BEFORE I got started! I would have a TON of money by now!!! THANK YOU for taking the time to post these tips! It will definitely come in handy from now on!!

DragonTan1
05-22-13, 09:49 PM
How can I breed to get an athletic dragon if I am on level 13 now?! I really wish I had read this BEFORE I got started! I would have a TON of money by now!!! THANK YOU for taking the time to post these tips! It will definitely come in handy from now on!!

I'm sure you'll get Athletic when you try for Mask or Goblin.

hypakitty
05-27-13, 08:45 AM
Breed light and fire exclusively.
This will make tons of common high income generating Love dragons. You also occasionally get a laser or tusker (cool rares). At level 3, with only 25 food invested (and no time in evolution chamber), these guys produce an amazing $319 gold per hour ($451 per hour at level 4). In comparison, a level 10 fire dragon produces $329. You can easily buy a lot of $5,000 coin big red habitats and stuff them full of these guys. With only 5 hour breed times, you can easily make 3 per day.

I just got my light dragon + started breeding.
Light (lvl 4) + fire (lvl 7) = 2 DAYS breeding time! Help? Why so long to breed.....

seoy8
05-27-13, 08:58 AM
33 hours right? It's a pure pink dragon. =)

hypakitty
05-27-13, 09:43 AM
It doesn't have any hours just says breeding time: 2 days....

Pure pink dragon is awesome :)

scottyhaha
05-27-13, 10:03 AM
It doesn't have any hours just says breeding time: 2 days....

Pure pink dragon is awesome :)

Yes but it should say how much gold is needed. Should be 33 gold. One gold per hr

hypakitty
05-29-13, 03:51 PM
Yes! Feel seriously lucky, like 3 pink drags in 4 breeds.... must say, I find they fill up the big meadows with $$$$$$$$. Note to lava.. please no cutting my luck streak! I love pink drags atm.. regardless of long breeding times :D

lolzillaz
07-15-13, 08:32 PM
First breed, Land worm, how lucky am I? Looks like its better than athletic. :-D

montrianmaster
07-16-13, 10:19 AM
i thought people get alot of coins because they have alot of dragons. i am level 40 and i hope this will help.

marygpt
07-29-13, 09:47 AM
this must be updated to say new dawn version only. players are realizing how common a virtue dragon is.

or
the strategy needs to be green focused. fuzzy dragons can replace love dragons.

I can't get the off-market version of ND to download so I'm buying green habitat when I get a new level.

lanadelgaga
07-29-13, 10:58 AM
I'm Lvl 63 and I'm STRUGGLING to get coins.

kwhales
07-29-13, 02:46 PM

Make sure you have your dragons in the proper habitat. High yielding dragons (per hr) should go in high yeilding habitats.
If you have alot of red habitats, try and get rid of them when you have enough coins to buy different color ones. They are the least yeilding and you only need one - for fire and maybe your ruby (unless you put it in the gemstone habitat).

13cnmm
08-06-13, 12:47 AM
I join in this forum to thank Cyclohexane a lot and confirm that his guide is very great!
I used Android. I start this game and follow step by step the guide just 3-4 days ago. But I were stupid at the first that I planted and harvested Buffbeets so many times and visited all my neighbors. and then I noticed that my XP raised up fastly. Then I stoped right away, even I dont dare to collect also :)) I read what everyone comments so I know.
Now I have one Athletic egg in the nest, one more coming soon from the Breeding (I check the time that is 11 hours, so I know that's second Athletic), and I'm middle of level 8. I start the same time with another account on mobile (Android), and get the same result: 1 egg in the nest, one more coming tonight :D
I hope I have enough time to get the third Athletic before the stupid Magic appears. Everyone can see my Athletic here: Id: 13cnmm (Name: M8M)
Thank Cyclohexane, Jedyk and thank you all again.

Rainstorms45
08-06-13, 06:56 AM
I followd the guide after level 9... I got athletics still 2 of them they do generate a good cash flow, I have finally been able to make more space on my island.

godofsparkle
08-06-13, 08:13 AM

Make sure you have your dragons in the proper habitat. High yielding dragons (per hr) should go in high yeilding habitats.
If you have alot of red habitats, try and get rid of them when you have enough coins to buy different color ones. They are the least yeilding and you only need one - for fire and maybe your ruby (unless you put it in the gemstone habitat).

And you can visit other's people island, give them sparkle, and hope for a returned visit. When You look at other's people wall, some people say pb3, it means playback3. Visit the one who wrote it, and usually that person will give you sparkle as well. You can give them Your id or invite them too, so that they will give You 6 sparkles instead of 3. Have fun :cool:

lollipop_rp
08-06-13, 08:17 AM
I still have like 3 level four athletics in my island.(i have one epic)

And I'm level 96 (alternative account)

Praysing
08-12-13, 05:22 PM
How do you determine high and low yielding habitats is it by the size or color or both? Is there a thread that addresses this. As you probably guessed I'm new at this.

weega
08-12-13, 05:50 PM
How do you determine high and low yielding habitats is it by the size or color or both? Is there a thread that addresses this. As you probably guessed I'm new at this.

when you select your habitats, there should be a button that says "info", click it, it will give you the description of the habitat, how many dragons it holds, and how many coins it holds.

you can also see how many dragons a habitat holds and how much money it holds in the market, there is a little button that has an I on it, this opens the info like above

Praysing
08-12-13, 07:33 PM
Thank you will certainly use this info button.

misha295
08-19-13, 06:40 PM
I have followed this guild and I want to thank you. It has been most informative and given me a little direction where I hadn't any. I am on an android and wanted to share that I had some beginners luck with getting 2 pink virtue, a lazorlight, and the dawn tree. Thanks again. I'm still not sure how the breeding is supposed to work as it seems the game generates whatever it likes. But If there is a thread that can explain even the basics I would be most appreciative. Thx again for taking the time the help the new players out

144Bear
08-21-13, 10:39 AM
I thank you too! Luckily I found this thread while still on Level 10 and was able to hatch an Athlete in time. And now just wanted you to know that another hatched while on Level 13, another on Level 14, and currently I'm on Level 15, and may have yet another one on the nest. I haven't been able to breed a Magic but will keep trying!

catprint
08-24-13, 07:42 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for this. I happened to stumble across this while I was a level 8 so I was able to attempt it. I did receive an Athletic dragon and I'm working on hatching my second one (I can tell because I looked up what the egg will be based on its design). I'm a level 10 and breading my 3rd water/fire mix, unsure if it'll be Magic or Athletic.

For reference, I'm using Android, Samsung Galaxy II, Dragon Story Tropics version.

shafkasha
08-24-13, 10:12 PM
Nice tips..but I just join this forum and I think it's too late to me to start farming coin :( because I have reach level 12 now.. but thanks for the tips.

cavemanchris2
08-26-13, 07:21 AM
I really like this! Wish I had read this back when I started :/ the athletic trick is brilliant!!! :)

Vyxsin69
08-27-13, 10:11 AM
I wish I had found this info before I hit level 9. I'm gonna try to get my water dragon now so I can breed it with fire and make the athlete dragon...CAUSE I'M BROKE lol :(

lollipop_rp
08-27-13, 10:51 AM
I do this even though I'm on level 97
I never sell a athletic if I have an available space :)

BareFootDuchess
10-08-13, 10:03 AM
I found this thread when I was on level eight, I managed to breed 3 athletic Dragons Before reaching level 10. Then I just continued on with the rest of the advice. This is a godsend for all new players.Thank you so much for sharing this with us

Sparkly888
10-08-13, 05:54 PM
This is awesome info!
Thanks so much!
I'm always short of coins and at Level 50.
Still some helpful stuff here!
Great job!

Nessa_V
10-08-13, 06:21 PM
I discovered this thread when I was already level 17 or 19, to late for the Athlete Dragon-trick, so I got that ugly one much later, but followed the rest of the instructions, worked just fine. I harvest coins every time my phone gets a push notification, I'm Level 101 now and have 112.000.000 coins. Most enjoyable, I don't have to max some high earning dragon, if it looks better in its earlier states. :D

curvybust
10-25-13, 08:24 PM
This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!!!

I just started and followed this so far perfectly. I got 3 athletic dragons before getting to level 10 and now at a level 12, I have $100k. When you say light dragon, do you mean laserlight that you don't get until level 17? Thanks again for this guide!!

BareFootDuchess
11-10-13, 10:32 AM
Not the laser light Dragon...the light, sometimes called the white Dragon.

This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!!!

I just started and followed this so far perfectly. I got 3 athletic dragons before getting to level 10 and now at a level 12, I have $100k. When you say light dragon, do you mean laserlight that you don't get until level 17? Thanks again for this guide!!

Danthrax85
11-10-13, 11:32 AM
I'm level 38 and still don't have an athletic dragon.
Magic dragons do kinda suck though.

rasike
01-25-14, 09:50 AM
Cyclohexane and jedyk, thank you very much for your wonderful advices! I was level 25 when I found this thread but it still was very useful.
Unfortunately, it seems that the amount of food for some dragons was increased recently, so it is necessary to have 25 food to level up a love dragon to level 2 (5x5) instead of 5 food (1x5) :( So I just saved money and bought several big white habitats and got different light hybrids that I leveled up to level 7. My money situation got really much better!

danni7788
01-25-14, 12:17 PM
I'm wondering how some people seem to have have endless money- like over 100 million. I'm level 118 and I have a solid 16-20 million usually, but I still conserve because I could spend it pretty quickly on new habitats and expansions. But I've seen people lower levels than me who have way more money. Any tips? I play pretty regularly (a couple times a day during the week and much, much more on weekends)- do I just need to collect more? And not buy arctic isle food? Haha

chalupa2030
01-25-14, 07:11 PM
How do you know how much money another player has? We don't see that when we visit do we?

danni7788
01-25-14, 08:10 PM
How do you know how much money another player has? We don't see that when we visit do we?

No we can't see it by visiting. I saw a couple people post pictures (screenshots) of their islands on the forum when they get new eggs or for whatever, and I was in awe with how much money they had. Sometimes you can see it in screenshots

lorentw
01-25-14, 09:04 PM
I am going to follow this on my 2nd account ( got an iPad mini for my birthday ) I am level 97 now I wonder if my 2 nd account could catch up?

chalupa2030
01-25-14, 09:26 PM
No we can't see it by visiting. I saw a couple people post pictures (screenshots) of their islands on the forum when they get new eggs or for whatever, and I was in awe with how much money they had. Sometimes you can see it in screenshots

This is true! I have see this in screen shots as well. I forgot!

doop01
01-25-14, 09:34 PM
I'm wondering how some people seem to have have endless money- like over 100 million. I'm level 118 and I have a solid 16-20 million usually, but I still conserve because I could spend it pretty quickly on new habitats and expansions. But I've seen people lower levels than me who have way more money. Any tips? I play pretty regularly (a couple times a day during the week and much, much more on weekends)- do I just need to collect more? And not buy arctic isle food? Haha
That arctic food is a real coin suck. When I changed over to iOS I had over 160 million coins. Within weeks I was down to around 40 mill lol soon as I unlocked the big guy, my arctic dragons went onto rations ;)

danni7788
01-26-14, 08:47 AM
That arctic food is a real coin suck. When I changed over to iOS I had over 160 million coins. Within weeks I was down to around 40 mill lol soon as I unlocked the big guy, my arctic dragons went onto rations ;)

Wow!!! That is a huge jump! I spend money on arctic isles once every few weeks (or once a month) because it takes so long to make it back. I still don't have any dragons at epic there but I'm just going to take my time because otherwise I will be completely broke.

Sparkly888
01-30-14, 06:43 PM
I just started fresh on my iPad mini and I'm ecstatic that I got three Athletics before I hit level 10!
Once again---great guide!

deucedeuce22
01-31-14, 01:56 PM
Best way to make coins is to breed to diamond as fast as possible. Chances of getting a diamond are vastly increased at the lowest lvl possible. My 2nd account, terrapin22, just got a diamond at lvl 16 after only 6 tries. You can breed red/green by lvl 5, and any blue/yellow by 11. Combine those 2 and try your luck.

I'll breed the easier diamond hybrids, upgrade all my farms, and won't need to check in very often because of the high coin cap on diamond habitats.

My diamond will be done breeding in 18 hours, if I get enough gold maybe I'll speed up the nesting to show everyone. Feel free to add my account.

chic4stylin
02-05-14, 03:06 AM
Add me: phudong2011 plz~

There is an add me that already started. Please use that thread instead of inundating every thread you can find with your 'add me' posts. I'm clicking on posts thinking someone's added something...only too see that they are all your 'add me posts'!

chalupa2030
02-05-14, 04:06 AM
There is an add me that already started. Please use that thread instead of inundating every thread you can find with your 'add me' posts. I'm clicking on posts thinking someone's added something...only too see that they are all your 'add me posts'!

Seriously! And the report triangle button is gone:mad:

kaylara
02-05-14, 02:25 PM
I would also suggest that visiting neighbors and newsfeed will help level you up fast. But for me what i did because i learned a system. Im lvl 99 btw. All dragons i keep, i have only so many habitats and keep switching dragons out as they come from the nests. I do add new habitats every once in awhile when im able to clear enough space but it takes me usually a week to clear out one space and that is not including the brush, rocks, etc. I call them fillers but i switch them out depending on how much money they make. So if it cant be switched out because theres no room and i know that the dragons i have in each habitat color are making more then i sell it. I learned that if u place ur dragons u get more exp then when u just sell the ones u dont want because u alrdy have them. That way they give u money in the meantime and when ure done u can replace them or upgrade them with a new better egg that gives u more money. I only feed the dragons i know i want and i want one of each dragon unless i really like them then its two or the genie dragon quest which requires 3. The only ones ive fed up to lvl 4 are the virtue and night dragon to be able to get a chance to breed the other rare one colored dragons. The more money the faster youll lvl and clear space. Also i found that its efficient to use the 5 hr food the one for $3,200 to be able to lvl up ur dragons just until u can make enough hourly to use the 1 hr rushrooms $26,000 and if u need a few extra food use upgrapes $8,000 100 for 10 minutes do that just until u go to sleep then u use the 5 hr $75,000 food i forget what theyre called. When u feed them, feed them according to how much food they eat. Doesnt make sense to feed a dragon that needs 3000 food 5xto lvl up when u have 2-3 dragons that have food at 200 something 5x to lvl them. Ull lvl them faster and get more money faster doing it that way. When a new dragon comes in if its one u want to keep, pay attention to that dragon first. Ull get to lvl that dragon up quicker, lvl u up and get more money hourly that way.

mamamacfashion
02-16-14, 10:35 AM
So I just started a 2nd account, and following this game guide. So I get my water dragon and I'm trying not to gain xp, I'm breeding for athletic but all I'm getting is left heart (hahaha) which is very annoying but super funny because for the life of me I can't get left heart on my 1st account. Lol But getting left heart instead of athletic I guess is better in ways because it makes more money!!?! ;)

I wish the thread was more active...

passinthru8
02-17-14, 02:11 PM
So I just started a 2nd account, and following this game guide. So I get my water dragon and I'm trying not to gain xp, I'm breeding for athletic but all I'm getting is left heart (hahaha) which is very annoying but super funny because for the life of me I can't get left heart on my 1st account. Lol But getting left heart instead of athletic I guess is better in ways because it makes more money!!?! ;)

I wish the thread was more active...

Can you tell me how to start a new account? I took mine over from an 8 year old & I'm sure I would have thought things out differently. A few goof ups in the beginning can take a very long time to fix. Thank you! I probably should have this in another "thread", whatever that means. Not sure how to start one of those either.

mamamacfashion
02-17-14, 06:45 PM
Can you tell me how to start a new account? I took mine over from an 8 year old & I'm sure I would have thought things out differently. A few goof ups in the beginning can take a very long time to fix. Thank you! I probably should have this in another "thread", whatever that means. Not sure how to start one of those either.

Haha no worries, well I'm not sure how to reset a game, my 2nd account is on a new device. Either email support or start a new thread and ask. Up at the top in the main section where you see all the different threads, to the left there is a blue icon says "start new thread" or post new thread. Or you could first try and search for it, the search icon is at the top right

kooky panda
02-17-14, 06:54 PM

I am sorry but there is not a reset/restart option . Once a storm ID is set on a device, you cannot start over. If you have another device you can transfer the storm ID and games over to that device, then you can download new games to your current device.

Also please note:
Users must be 13 years old or older to play. Users under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian's permission to play.

You can view the Terms of Service here (http://storm8.com//terms).

lorentw
02-18-14, 09:49 AM
i started a new account when I got my Ipad Mini, I managed to get 4 athletic {i didn't evolve them until I hit level 10}, and then of course I get magic after magic, but I got Lunar horse, and jewelry here but still haven't gotten the jewelry on main account. Sitting at level 15 with 100k in coins, going slowly this time to build coins and not level up so fast that I can't afford anything else.

pomxpom
03-28-14, 03:16 AM
Have just restarted the game with a second acc and attemped this guide!
Got 1 (evolving), 1 egg (hatching) and another (breeding). Can't wait to farm coins from them :D
But I heard that the sooner you attemp to breed a diamond the better.
Should I continue breeding fire storm or try do get a diamond now?

Sparkly888
03-28-14, 08:34 AM
Have just restarted the game with a second acc and attemped this guide!
Got 1 (evolving), 1 egg (hatching) and another (breeding).
Should I continue breeding fire storm or try do get a diamond now?

Notice that the Diamond Fields habitat costs 100,000 whereas the BIG green habitat costs 15,000 and the BIG red costs 5,000. So while Diamond might pay about 3 times what most other dragons do, the cost to get it is way more than 3 times the cost of other hybrids.
I followed this whole guide on my second account and I'm glad I did! I'm at about Level 60, have completely cleared 2 of the biggest islands and have over 17 million coins.

On my first account (the Sparkly) one, I gave up at level 60 and had barely a million coins and only one island cleared. I'm in much better shape this time around.
I haven't even bred for diamonds.

pomxpom
03-28-14, 10:17 AM
Notice that the Diamond Fields habitat costs 100,000 whereas the BIG green habitat costs 15,000 and the BIG red costs 5,000. So while Diamond might pay about 3 times what most other dragons do, the cost to get it is way more than 3 times the cost of other hybrids.
I followed this whole guide on my second account and I'm glad I did! I'm at about Level 60, have completely cleared 2 of the biggest islands and have over 17 million coins.

On my first account (the Sparkly) one, I gave up at level 60 and had barely a million coins and only one island cleared. I'm in much better shape this time around.
I haven't even bred for diamonds.

Guess I will follow this guide at least until reach lv17 then :D
Because I heard that it's much harder for a lv99 to get a Diamond than a lv20 and I really want to get one...

pomxpom
04-07-14, 09:45 AM
Now my problem is that I have too much Virtue. I keep breeding Light + Fire and I've got 3 Love and 3 Virtue. Should I sell or trade my Virtue? Their habitat cost 120,000 and I have to clear the island to make places for the habitats too... It just like a terrible circle, saving up and then got a Virtue so have to spend it all...
I've been aiming for a Chocolate White but it'll last only for 1 days and I have 33h to wait for a virtue so... giving up :-<

Sparkly888
04-07-14, 10:13 AM
To me the Virtue was never worth keeping. Until I tried for Cherry Blossom so I needed one for that.
What do they pay? 783 at Epic level. (Virtue)
I haven't traded any so I don't know if they are worth to keep for trading. That 33 hr breed/hatch/evolve time is a ****er!

pomxpom
04-07-14, 01:05 PM
To me the Virtue was never worth keeping. Until I tried for Cherry Blossom so I needed one for that.
What do they pay? 783 at Epic level. (Virtue)
I haven't traded any so I don't know if they are worth to keep for trading. That 33 hr breed/hatch/evolve time is a ****er!
Thanks for the info, I don't know that they pay that little
As I know, we'll get 1 small Quartz for a Virtue. That keeps me wondering if that worths 99hours of my life T___T
Already buy the second pink pararie, not too late to stop I think.
OMG, what should I do if they keep coming :'(

midnightmeerkat
04-07-14, 03:16 PM
Now my problem is that I have too much Virtue. I keep breeding Light + Fire and I've got 3 Love and 3 Virtue. Should I sell or trade my Virtue? Their habitat cost 120,000 and I have to clear the island to make places for the habitats too... It just like a terrible circle, saving up and then got a Virtue so have to spend it all...
I've been aiming for a Chocolate White but it'll last only for 1 days and I have 33h to wait for a virtue so... giving up :-<

They bring the removed dragons back at various times so don't panic

3Dolphin2013
04-16-14, 04:52 AM
I use this guide too, thanks for sharing :)

SenseiNJ
04-26-14, 05:23 PM
When I started playing this game I had no knowledge of the forum, so I had to learn everything slowly over time by myself. It took me a long time to earn enough coins when I started playing. Sometimes I ended up making poor decisions that slowed my progression in the game. I remember getting a mythic dragon and having to leave it in my nest for a week before I had the money to purchase it's habitat. So yes, I'm one of the players who found this thread when it was too late.

It's true, that tips and advice from other players help, but I still believe that learning from one's mistakes are just as important. Nowadays players immediately look for a guide or walkthrough when starting a new game. It takes some of the fun out of it. It's ok to ask for advice from other players, but play the game you way you want to, not just how others tell you to. You don't necessarily need this thread; I didn't use it and I'm comfortable with my progress in the game so far.

kaylas1963
04-30-14, 06:39 AM
How do I breed 3 dragons

doto92ok
05-05-14, 02:02 AM
Why breed 3? For the dragons with multple colours?

If thats the reason for breeding 3, you have to look at the colours you need and combinations you have withe those colours combined. In DS breeding is only with pairs ;)

sapphirecross
05-13-14, 11:20 PM
I did things differently than the guide too and I always had enough money to expand, clear, and buy habitats. So I would agree there are other ways to go, and it also depends what you breed. On my island I almost never get virtue - I've only ever had 2 of them and I was playing since before they were added to game. I had no trouble breeding a quartz dragon (which was good cuz I would have never gotten the shards for it!) But if you breed a lot of virtues, this is probably not the best strategy for your island.

If you get pinks easily you might have an easier time with the pink hybrids so you might try to breed the red-virtue instead of red-white. The pink splits so you can still get love dragons and all the other red-white, plus a chance at justice. When you get justice, use pink-white trying for tiny. You still use the same colors over and over getting mostly the same dragons, with a chance to get one harder to breed. When you get it, try for a different pink hybrid with another color.

Also, the red habitats hold the lowest coins of all habitats, so if you don't log in often, you earn less money. You get less overnight too. You only really need one red for the fire dragon, so if you play less frequently, you don't want an island full of red habitats.

Another option, if you can afford to buy the largest habitats for green and yellow, you can build just those and one red and breed those colors together, and the red-yellow-green (putting red-yellow in yellow and red-green in green) and keep trying to get as many of the super rare and different dragons you can, which will earn you the album rewards faster.

All the green-yellow dragons in game are also 10 hours or less - you can fill large green habitats almost as fast as you can build them. Love dragons are great at 5 hours, but parakeet is 5 hours also, is super rare and earns I think 1280 at epic. Or close to that, might be thinking of a different one. But there are a HUGE number of red-yellow and green-yellow dragons in game, most of them 14 hours or less, so you get the variety of breeding different things without waiting forever.

And it is worth breeding a variety of dragons, especially ones that are worth leveling to epic instead of filling your island with commons to later sell/trade. The red-yellow dragons have longer breeding/hatching times but earn a lot, and having a lot of air and forest habitats on your island is a great way to earn more money when you log in less often when low level.

But the same idea applies - just use a limited number of colors in breeding at first, like red-yellow or green-yellow. When your coins go up, buy large habitats that earn more, like purple or white, and add that color to your breeding.

AJImmer
05-28-14, 04:28 PM
This is a great thread. I wish I knew these things when I started.

MakJulos
05-29-14, 12:30 AM
I think this thread is too funny - i'm sure it's great for some, but myself i've never ever seen DS as...well, as a "real" game in which i needed to grind, sort of... I've never bothered collecting money- sure, at times i was stuck a bit so i just waited a day or two and then could buy what i wanted.....never have i tried to plan what dragons that could provide the most coins or something like that. In fact i'm probably doing everything "wrong", i only want one dragon of each type i can get, and i try to keep number of habitats to a minimum because i like my dragons in a big messy pile if possible...i avoid clearing away the big 800k tress because i think they're prettier than the dark green ones, so my expanding isn't very efficient lol. Well. It works ok for me, atm i'm lvl130, started game in September 2013 i think.

It is funny how different we see a game, and what we want from it! :)

babydrag1
06-09-14, 11:29 PM
I'm at level 59 and sure wish I had found your guide in the beginning. It is so helpful.

Thanks so much.

Oliver118
06-11-14, 11:01 PM
I'm at level 78 and I sure wish I had known this when I started!

PineapplePigeon
06-12-14, 02:20 PM
I'm at level 98 and MAN I wish I've read this thread before! Even NOW I struggle with gaining coins :p I'm almost at 4,000,000.

hugpete
06-22-14, 07:15 PM
I tried this thread's suggestions on my baby acct and it was okay. You have to check the habitats A LOT. And the Virtue dragon does really throw it off. I abandoned it when I got the battle arena because I didn't get (m)any good fighters using this method.

AwesomeChefDad
06-23-14, 10:02 PM
I find myself isolating the best paying dragons and having one large habitat to their own, that way overnight I am maximizing my coin gain. When breeding I stick to the best odds with the fewest commons which have LONG wait times, so I do not breed the topaz often because of that horrible Sunrise which takes two days to finish (1 and 1).

I also agree with the red comment, I do not find value in housing red dragons, they are lousy payers in general and the habitats are not good for paying. I have been focusing on the pink hybrids because I can combine either diamond or pearl and the results are good.

I avoid the night-esque dragons because they do not pay unless you get an ultra rare and the wait times are quite long. For a period of time I was trying to breed night and diamond and I swear I was going for two weeks and it never rewarded me with the diamond hybrid I wanted, so I quit with that.

Winning the tournaments, winning the group events, getting the free dragons from the collection/album has also been a solid source of high quality dragons.

When I see neighbors who are not mining I do not get it, mining is free and you get great rewards for doing so..I think mining is a solid angle for this game.

For apples I maxed out the farms at 7 and have the Enchanted for all, which allows me the opportunity to do the 10 minute apples which based on price is the best return if you are around and watching. Overnight I either do the 5 hour apples or the 5 hour diamond dates depending on what I need. I also try to get what dragons I NEED to either make the most money or win on tournaments up to the level 8-9 area, while the less used or lower paying dragons I will keep at lower levels if they are not used for battles, they dont breed well or they do not pay very well.

I've never been able to get a Fairytale or been able to go down that breeding road, I have tried but no luck..same goes for the DINO or the royals or the cosmics. No luck trying different combinations and same goes for the tropic-esque dragons.

GoodyTwoShoes2
07-01-14, 08:37 AM
I have been playing for about a year on my ipad but I just got a free Samsung Galaxy Tablet so I am starting over on it and I am already on Level 6 but I am going to TRY to follow this guide and see what happens...LOL!!!

GoodyTwoShoes2
07-01-14, 08:41 AM
By the way, does anyone have info for beginners on Android for any of the other games? I downloaded Pet Story, Zoo Story, Restaurant, Pet Shop, Bakery, Fruit Splash, Bingo???? Please?

meowwmixx2
07-12-14, 12:57 AM
I play bakery story and restaurant story on two accounts and I would say to not really worry about the goals quite yet either so you don't spend all your money on them. Just work on cooking items for the amount of time you know you be away from the game and just work with one kind of oven at a time so you can master each item and earn gems quicker. each time you make a certain amount of an item you will get a gem after you get to level 8 i believe. save your gems up and try not to spend them until there's something you really want or you get to a high level because there will be things you want when you get to certain levels. same thing for fashion story with mastering and saving gems up. and add friends right away and add a lot of them, you can go to the forum and there's an add neighbor page for each game. I'm here to help if you need anything else you can msg me on here or add me on dragon story, restaurant story, fashion story, and bakery story, I also recommend candy blast mania. I have two accounts so feel free to add both (: meowwmixx and meowwmixx2

meowwmixx2
07-12-14, 01:00 AM
and I absolutely love this thread! i started a whole second storm8 just so i could start over because i just added it for gems on my other games, but I'm hooked! only problem is i forget which dragons i bred to get the dragons i like haha.

sueyland
07-24-14, 07:49 AM
This is very helpful, wish it found it earlier. Today I am off work so I thought I'd start breeding the light & fire to get a few love dragons. My first attempt is showing a 32 hour breed time! Woohoo! Wonder what that will be??? I guess I won't be breeding love dragons today. :)

iSlayer91flame
07-25-14, 08:45 AM
Good guide for who start Dragon Story and want be rich fast, but if u see that link
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10tSPfBnLyiAEYnpJjZyaASpmp8OS0yLSpzmO24ZZ1eg/edit?usp=sharing
i calculate all exp u do to complete the 2Athletic dragon mission, the limit for not levelling at 10 is 1600exp i dont know why but im out of 70exp

pattons_friends
08-04-14, 02:09 AM
I wish I read this before playing, I got great tips of a great neighbor, but I have been so frustrated about not having an athletic dragon, I just got it now on level 68 as a fail to something else, but I think I might be getting another judging by my breeding colors & hours ;)

suesueville
08-06-14, 01:44 PM
I wish I read this before playing, I got great tips of a great neighbor, but I have been so frustrated about not having an athletic dragon, I just got it now on level 68 as a fail to something else, but I think I might be getting another judging by my breeding colors & hours ;)

I have been trying for athletic for weeks. I keep getting magic, 14 to be exact with the insanely long breed & hatch times. I'm about ready to quit. Even when I tried breeding magic with air or fire I still get magic. I finally got a charm but if breed that with anything I get a magic! Purple used to be my face color! Glad you finally got one or two.

SHINeeFan23
10-17-14, 10:17 PM
Huh I wish I saw this when I first started. Always had trouble getting money or not making enough. I just started playing again a few months back & I'm now at 12 million. I did have 18 million but I upgraded some habitats & expanded.

roguebee
10-25-14, 08:52 AM
The system does work to build coin collecting capacity early in the game. I discovered it after Level 10, and went from struggling for coins to having enough to expand steadily and clearing the lots.

Olivia7705
07-07-15, 08:13 PM
Can u only breed athletic dragon when fire & water r @ level 4 or can their breeding @ level 6 have the same results?

Kennedward
07-07-15, 08:24 PM
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a long time. I have new advice to give though, don't really mind much how much coins you get at first, because as you play on, you'll have more than enough coins that you won't have anything to spend it on.

Anaboe
07-08-15, 04:37 AM
True, but it takes a long, long time before that happens, over a year... In the meanwhile, you struggle with a shortage of coins... Hard. Clearing debris, discovering new land, making food, buying habitats, it's all very expensive if you don't have a high income...

Kennedward
07-08-15, 06:20 AM
Yeah, but if you keep on playing, coins is not a problem in the long run

Annica5
07-08-15, 09:58 AM
For me this is one of the strengths of this game, the challenges differ as you level up. First all that struggling for coins, then the trouble of expanding when it demanded so many maps! And now trying to squeeze in one more habitat so I can fit in a new dragon.. Or deciding which common dragon gets traded. Never expected that when I started playing, just to get a bonus in Jewel Mania.

Kennedward
07-08-15, 11:18 AM
For me this is one of the strengths of this game, the challenges differ as you level up. First all that struggling for coins, then the trouble of expanding when it demanded so many maps! And now trying to squeeze in one more habitat so I can fit in a new dragon.. Or deciding which common dragon gets traded. Never expected that when I started playing, just to get a bonus in Jewel Mania.

Agreed, your focus changes as you play on, coins would be a big problem for new players, but as you get more dragons coins come easy. So back on topic, like I said before, time is what you need to get more coins, as you gain more dragons(most of which are given through finishing tournaments or world events) you are guaranteed to have more coins.

roguebee
07-08-15, 03:46 PM
Can u only breed athletic dragon when fire & water r @ level 4 or can their breeding @ level 6 have the same results?

The results are the same. You have to evolve the dragons to level 4 to breed. After that, it doesn't matter what level the dragon is at. The recommendation is to evolve just to level 4 as that saves you food (coins) that can be saved for the later strategies. What the warning is about is about is that you must do it while you are below level 10 in the game.

bakerystoe
07-12-15, 10:04 PM
Yeah, but if you keep on playing, coins is not a problem in the long run

Yeah you right! Now all of my money is just sitting there
Once I even have no money to buy a mythic habitats

Kennedward
07-13-15, 06:16 AM
Yeah you right! Now all of my money is just sitting there
Once I even have no money to buy a mythic habitats

Yup, so that's what I tell new players and some of my friends who are starting this game :D

TwiWoods
07-13-15, 07:20 PM
I have millions of coin now also, but this thread was very helpful to get me to this point. I remember the struggle to afford both the light dragon and it's habitat.

I think this thread has very good points to help in the beginning when coins are scarce. In what order to buy habitats and what dragons to breed, not to worry about clearing foliage until you need to.

Kennedward
07-14-15, 07:22 AM
I have millions of coin now also, but this thread was very helpful to get me to this point. I remember the struggle to afford both the light dragon and it's habitat.

I think this thread has very good points to help in the beginning when coins are scarce. In what order to buy habitats and what dragons to breed, not to worry about clearing foliage until you need to.

Yea this is a good thread, but after getting to the point I'm at now, I would suggest new players to take their time, as coins are only problematic for the new players, you will have tons of coins after you get through that stage.

theone2001
07-22-15, 11:30 AM
**** SOME UPDATED TIPS ****

I found this thread just before I went to level 10. So no Athlete Dragon for me. I kept breeding red and yellow dragons untill level 25 or 26. Just before this time there was a Community Event and I started it with one week left. So I spent money on adventures in order to get most of the Dragons. Got some pretty cool dragons from that.

I even epanded some of my forest and upgraded some of my farms. This does increase your XP. But it worked out for me. At one point I had 14 Firemanes. I also ended up with most the Rare and Super Rare of the red/yellow combo
I bought the white dragon and habitat at level 26.

Actual Cost

120,000 for White Meadow
150,000 for White Dragon
270,000 TOTAL

easy to round to 300K

Also Don't sell your Firestorm dragons instead
1. Buy the trading portal
2 Raise your dragon to level 4. It will take a few more apples and 12 hours in the evolution flower but worth it in the long run.
When you are ready to sell, trade them(Firemanes) instead. (Just tap the building, then at the bottom right is an option to trade. Tap on that. It will pop up with a list dragons to trade.) It takes about 6 hours but you end up with either a small ruby or the topaz(yellow) gemstone. You will need them for future quests.

I'm at the point for breeding white and red. So I will post any other helpful tips.

This is what I have found helpful and I hope others might too.

I play DS, FFS and CS. Neighbors Welcome!

ewmorrisett
08-07-15, 09:18 AM
correct, that would be the pink Virtue dragon this just happened to me too and was wondering if the person answering just was very knowledgeable or if there is a list somewhere that shows the wait times with possibile combinations? Thank you!

TwiWoods
08-07-15, 11:45 AM
this just happened to me too and was wondering if the person answering just was very knowledgeable or if there is a list somewhere that shows the wait times with possibile combinations? Thank you!

Sent you PM with some helpful info.

Kellyleroc2015
09-25-16, 06:14 AM
Great Guide
As beginner this info is great, even tho it takes time to feel way around game and know what's what etc..

So thanks for typing this guide out
Much appreciated