PDA

View Full Version : After Diamond

tiggerhobbes
12-30-12, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

I seldom post on the DS board; this is something I let run in the background so I don't get my anticipation level too high.

I'm at lvl 83 and suddenly find myself the owner of a diamond dragon. I haven't put too much thoughts into this game, my strategy so far has been to breed any random 4 color dragons with common fail dragons breeding time that matches whatever in my hatchery. I've been at it for so long it's more or less become second nature, I even forget I've been trying for diamond from time to time.

So now that I've got diamond, I suddenly find myself without a strategy.

What's next? I will work on LE, maybe work on the pink. But what do you guys do after you have diamond? Is there another "holy grail" after diamond? Perhaps infinity by breeding 4 colors again? What else are worthy goals?

Keen to hear how other players prioritize.

wassupbaby
12-30-12, 09:02 AM
Diamond hybrid i guess . Congrats on your diamond !

kwhales
12-30-12, 09:04 AM
You can go after the elusive infinity and breed your diamond hybrids. I just got my diamond on christmas, and still haven't evolve it to level 4. No rush. I want the LE's and infinity and there are tons of dragons I am missing, so right now I am just breeding for missing dragons, and you never know what might pop into the nest.

badger8
12-30-12, 09:29 AM
I went for Crusader shortly after getting my Diamond. With the 10 second fail time, it didn't take real long. That's where I've stopped for now with diamond hybrids. Nice to know they're there to fall back on, but like kwhales, there are a lot of other dragons I don't have yet & am focusing on those first.
Nice Christmas present! Congrats!!

badger8
12-30-12, 09:33 AM
Just an aside- if you try for Infinity, I'd stick with wizard/fairy or wizard/parakeet. Those 2 combos seem to be the best for it as opposed to 4 random colors. Happy breeding!

edolka
12-30-12, 09:49 AM
I went for Crusader shortly after getting my Diamond. With the 10 second fail time, it didn't take real long. That's where I've stopped for now with diamond hybrids. Nice to know they're there to fall back on, but like kwhales, there are a lot of other dragons I don't have yet & am focusing on those first.
Nice Christmas present! Congrats!!

What do you mean by 10 seconds fail time? I don't have any of the diamonds yet so have no clue :)

kwhales
12-30-12, 09:51 AM
What do you mean by 10 seconds fail time? I don't have any of the diamonds yet so have no clue :)

Breeding fire with diamond will give you crusader, but it also gives you fire. and fire has 30 second breed time, so you end up with tons of pure fire dragons.

edolka
12-30-12, 09:56 AM
Breeding fire with diamond will give you crusader, but it also gives you fire. and fire has 30 second breed time, so you end up with tons of pure fire dragons.

Ah, I see:) is it the same when you try with forest and air which also have relatevily short breeding time? Or can you end up with some other hybrids apart from pure element and diamond hybrid?

kwhales
12-30-12, 10:05 AM
Ah, I see:) is it the same when you try with forest and air which also have relatevily short breeding time? Or can you end up with some other hybrids apart from pure element and diamond hybrid?

Nope, fire and crusader are the only outcomes for this breeding.

edolka
12-30-12, 10:20 AM
Nope, fire and crusader are the only outcomes for this breeding.

I meant if you pair diamond with let's say air or forest, will it be the same? Will diamond + air result in air air and more air and then maybe gold? I understand that diamond and fire won't give you air :)

kwhales
12-30-12, 10:36 AM
I meant if you pair diamond with let's say air or forest, will it be the same? Will diamond + air result in air air and more air and then maybe gold? I understand that diamond and fire won't give you air :)

Breeding any pure with diamond will give you that pure dragon or the diamond hybrid...air and diamond...will get you air or gold, etc. Breeding diamond with pure will have only two outcomes, the pure or the diamond hybrid of that color.

badger8
12-30-12, 10:38 AM

You got it. More air than you know what to do with and maybe a gold.

edolka
12-30-12, 10:41 AM
Ok, well, all I gotta do now is get me some diamond lol :)

Baraze
12-30-12, 02:20 PM
I've just got my diamond! Breeding random dragons. Ill now try for the other hybrids. Especially the angel, because its so pretty. After getting one I suppose the fun comes from having its "relatives". Yay me, I'm a member of the club now. After getting my three hybrids in monster last week.

So need to try a lottery ticket.....

kwhales
12-30-12, 02:24 PM
I've just got my diamond! Breeding random dragons. Ill now try for the other hybrids. Especially the angel, because its so pretty. After getting one I suppose the fun comes from having its "relatives". Yay me, I'm a member of the club now. After getting my three hybrids in monster last week.

So need to try a lottery ticket.....

Congratulations.. Didn't know there was a club.

Baraze
12-30-12, 02:52 PM
Congratulations.. Didn't know there was a club.

It's invisible. Entry comes about for obtaining a diamond without trying too hard, getting excited and boom! You are confused again about what to do next.

Takiofallen
12-30-12, 03:07 PM
you have 2 choices. Try and breed every dragon in the game or create a specialized island. Those who go the direction of specialized tend to lean toward the diamond type. Diamond hybrids are a lot more tedious to breed because there is only one way to do it. (you can use hybrids but more times then not it is a disaster.)
Hi all,

I seldom post on the DS board; this is something I let run in the background so I don't get my anticipation level too high.

I'm at lvl 83 and suddenly find myself the owner of a diamond dragon. I haven't put too much thoughts into this game, my strategy so far has been to breed any random 4 color dragons with common fail dragons breeding time that matches whatever in my hatchery. I've been at it for so long it's more or less become second nature, I even forget I've been trying for diamond from time to time.

So now that I've got diamond, I suddenly find myself without a strategy.

What's next? I will work on LE, maybe work on the pink. But what do you guys do after you have diamond? Is there another "holy grail" after diamond? Perhaps infinity by breeding 4 colors again? What else are worthy goals?

Keen to hear how other players prioritize.

kurebiz
12-30-12, 07:36 PM
you have 2 choices. Try and breed every dragon in the game or create a specialized island. Those who go the direction of specialized tend to lean toward the diamond type. Diamond hybrids are a lot more tedious to breed because there is only one way to do it. (you can use hybrids but more times then not it is a disaster.)

wont it be better to use a hybrid to breed with the diamond if the fail times are shorter?
eg: using coral + diamond = chance of anubis/mercury. as opposed to using magic for anubis, fail time 20 hours vs 10 hours?

just got my diamond recently and i'm still trying to figure out the way to go to breed the other hybrids (only got crusader now!)

Baraze
12-30-12, 08:31 PM
I started with breeding diamond and water trying to mercury, since its only an hours time. Now that I think of it it may be better to use a coral.

Im just hesitant to use hybrids because I dont know if the diamonds parents will come into play and ill start getting hybrids based on them.

There are too many threads for me to find a clear answer, so ill stick with coral for a week and keep it moving, hoping something will stick!

Takiofallen
12-30-12, 08:52 PM
The issue is 99% of the time the diamond element does not take so you end up breeding any of the magic/water hybrids. This increases the amount of fails you can have. when breeding with pure elements you can only get 2 results. Coral 10 Great but if it's a wizard now its 22 hours. It is possible as i know of 2 reliable sources who have done it but it's not practical. You can give it a shot for the week and see how it goes but between my 2 accounts pure is the way to go when breeding diamond
wont it be better to use a hybrid to breed with the diamond if the fail times are shorter?
eg: using coral + diamond = chance of anubis/mercury. as opposed to using magic for anubis, fail time 20 hours vs 10 hours?

just got my diamond recently and i'm still trying to figure out the way to go to breed the other hybrids (only got crusader now!)

emergRN
12-30-12, 09:33 PM
so i too recently bred my diamond and of course now i want all her brothers and sisters. so i went for crusader cuz 10sec breed time is a breeze right? 144 times i had to breed fire and my diamond..brutal! and with forest and his 30sec i had to breed them 89 times! i pray that the other diamond hybrids will not require this many attempts because that just might **** me lol

Takiofallen
12-30-12, 09:36 PM
It has never taken me that long to breed a hybrid. Now that you have them my advice would be pointless but with those 2 just breed them 10 times every hour or two. It won't **** you and it will take much less breedings.
so i too recently bred my diamond and of course now i want all her brothers and sisters. so i went for crusader cuz 10sec breed time is a breeze right? 144 times i had to breed fire and my diamond..brutal! and with forest and his 30sec i had to breed them 89 times! i pray that the other diamond hybrids will not require this many attempts because that just might **** me lol

tiggerhobbes
12-30-12, 09:51 PM
Thanks people. I think I will work on infinity and also diamond hybrids. I will likely use pure bred ones for this, this way I can anticipate the fail time and match that to whatever is in my nest, thus reducing the empty next/ den time.

eggiew
01-09-13, 10:38 PM
Finally I can breed diamond dragon.
Breed diamond dragon must use LEVEL 10 of each dragon aka EPIC form
Island lv 10 On the Left
Firestorm lv 10 on the right

Breeding time is the important, u must breeding diamond before morning came

I get a diamond dragon at level 36 and Im sure you can get it at a lower level

flowless
01-09-13, 11:44 PM
Now that I have diamond dragon
My goal is to get all dragons , evolve all of them to epic
And to finish expansions

Darkstorm2
01-10-13, 04:02 AM
I found it best to use pure single color dragons to get the hybrids. Using a hybrid with a diamond creates more outcomes and some that take more time then a pure fail. The Anubis dragon was not fun to breed, and for me the angel was the most elusive.

davewin
01-10-13, 07:21 AM
Breed a lot of diamond hybrids and earn a lot of money.

dicontan
01-18-13, 10:56 PM
i can't seem to breed Gold Dragon !!! been trying for days non stop !!

J85909266
01-19-13, 05:20 PM
I recently got diamond, as well. First thing i did was breed Crusader and Queztal because they have very short fail times.

With that done, I'm working on getting the last few dragons I haven't bred, yet, then moving on to the remaining diamond hybrids and Infinity.

I'm on Android, so no crafting or Pink, yet. So, I need to breed Elf, Leopard, Tusker, Mermaid and Clown. Then I will have every breedable dragon and can just work on diamond types.