PDA

View Full Version : New Habitants for Gold

ubobdgc
12-29-12, 04:04 PM
I didn't find another thread asking this, or talking about this
But

Did anyone bother buying the new habitats? I honestly don't think anyone would a super habitat unless it was a super diamond fields.

ubobdgc
12-29-12, 04:05 PM
Um, can I fix the title. Sorry it was an accident

Done-KP

SybreTiger
12-29-12, 04:07 PM
A large Diamond Habitat would be great... But I know Argon at least has one of each of the 500 gold habitats... He must buy tons of gold, cause he has multiples of all the LEs and multiples of every Diamond hybrid...

ubobdgc
12-29-12, 04:09 PM
Doesn't mean he has a lot of gold. A lot of diamond hybrids are easy to get

ubobdgc
12-29-12, 04:11 PM
Maybe the habitats show it, but trust me, crusader and quetzal is easy to get

SybreTiger
12-29-12, 04:13 PM
Yes, the Forest and Fire hybrids are indeed easy to get, but he had like 3 Anubis Dragons on their release... And four Elf Dragons, 3 Snowman, 3 Firework...

ubobdgc
12-29-12, 05:03 PM
Does anyone think the new habitats are worth it?

linus664
12-29-12, 05:28 PM
Yes, the Forest and Fire hybrids are indeed easy to get, but he had like 3 Anubis Dragons on their release... And four Elf Dragons, 3 Snowman, 3 Firework...

I got a neighbor who does spend money on gold but never to buy dragons... She uses it to rush breedings. But she got Anubis on opening day and had 2 more before the week was out. Some people are just that lucky!

MomsHouseofSweets
01-01-13, 03:17 PM
I would like habitats that held more dragons, but at the gold price for the new ones ... I can't do it. Too rich for my blood. Same for purchasing the new Ruby and Emerald dragons. I couldn't save up 1000 or more gold bars. We don't receive that many from neighbors and few other ways to get them. Would be nice though.

profsink
01-01-13, 04:33 PM
I don't think I'd spend money on these habitats, but if the Treasure Cave sees full release, that'd be a good use for the free gold the Cave gives.

They're very pretty habitats, but not worth spending real money on, to me.

NouraMoh
01-02-13, 07:37 PM
Hi TL.. And Jake :)
I love all the updates and the new dragons
I already bought 4 new habitats, 2 green and 2 red

I need more :/

Is there gonna be an upgrade for yellow, blue and purple ones to hold 4 dragons ?
What about Diamond fields ? Anything on that ?

Thank you so much for all your hard work

ubobdgc
01-02-13, 07:39 PM
That's 2000 gold 0_o

How much gold do you have?!?!

Baraze
01-02-13, 07:41 PM
Whoa dude! That's an awful lot of gold. You're totally dedicated. I need the new habitats to shoot confetti, spin in circles and auto collect my coins for me to even THINK about paying 500 gold.

foxxiegirl
01-02-13, 07:47 PM
Hi TL.. And Jake :)
I love all the updates and the new dragons
I already bought 4 new habitats, 2 green and 2 red

I need more :/

Is there gonna be an upgrade for yellow, blue and purple ones to hold 4 dragons ?
What about Diamond fields ? Anything on that ?

Thank you so much for all your hard work

I was going to buy more then one of each also, but thought i'd wait to see if other colors came. I do hope they give all the available habitat colors the larger fields. FINGERS CROSSED

Candy3030
02-18-13, 11:47 AM
I guess this is there idea of giving us more habitats , pfffff!!
500 gold! Insane!
Why cant we just be able to upgrade the old ones for x amount of coins! This is getting ridiculous, sorry!

http://i.imgur.com/gaNZiBe.jpg

hamadrys
02-18-13, 11:49 AM
I know ! Just saw it... Beautiful and ridiculously, insanely, despicably expensive. Not buying any, that is for sure.

codenamezebra
02-18-13, 12:00 PM
Yup got that too... frustrated they cost so much.. maybe make these part of a goal or for coins or at least lower gold cost to like 50 or something 500 is way too much.

LilMzB4Life
02-18-13, 12:06 PM
Really pretty but way too expensive!!! I agree with making it a goal or lowering the cost. I would say make it craftable but then I wouldn't be able to get it on my Kindle game.

Darkstorm2
02-18-13, 12:08 PM
This is extortion. 500 gold to hold one extra dragon is ridiculous !!!

Candy3030
02-18-13, 12:10 PM
This is extortion. 500 gold to hold one extra dragon is ridiculous !!!

Yeah and im guessing they will use that when we complain about not having enough habitats!
Crazyness!

Candy3030
02-18-13, 12:13 PM
One of my nbrs has 15 of those new habitats ....
15 x 500 , I guess people are actually buying them!
Im not gonna lie, I would love to have them, but jezzzzzz!

Darkstorm2
02-18-13, 12:18 PM
Oh and exactly how am I suppose to build one if I'm maxed on habitats also? I'm not selling dragons to sell a habitat to add this absurdly high costing one

Candy3030
02-18-13, 12:21 PM
Oh and exactly how am I suppose to build one if I'm maxed on habitats also? I'm not selling dragons to sell a habitat to add this absurdly high costing one

Exactly! Thats why I dont understand why they dont make the old ones upgrade-able for the new ones!
We are already maxed out! Dont they get it!

Baraze
02-18-13, 12:21 PM

It isnt impossible to get those things on the first day. Ive a neighbor whos island gets infinities like nothing. I got four chocolates in one day. My sister got two anubis in one day. And she never buys gold. He may speed breed, but it doesnt mean hes buying his prizes.

mammami08
02-18-13, 12:23 PM
Totally agree with you Darkstorm2. I was just about to go look what the new purple habitat costs and can't even see it because i'm maxed on habitats. So if i was about to spend real money i had to sell at least three dragons to sell a habitat to buy one with (probarbly) 500 gold....?

Baraze
02-18-13, 12:24 PM
Id spend no more than 250 or 300 gold to buy an extra habitat, If it held more than four dragons. This one is so beautiful it should be illegal, but too rich for my blood. Boo!

Candy3030
02-18-13, 12:27 PM
Totally agree with you Darkstorm2. I was just about to go look what the new purple habitat costs and can't even see it because i'm maxed on habitats. So if i was about to spend real money i had to sell at least three dragons to sell a habitat to buy one with (probarbly) 500 gold....?

I put a screenshot with the habitat and price on the second page if you would like to see...
I have a second account and was maxed on my account that I use daily, so i went to see.
Ridiculously to expensive!

mammami08
02-18-13, 12:30 PM
Thanx Candy, i went back and saw it. Yes it is beautifull but way out of my goldleauge and it's beauty would not show anyway with four dragons jumping around in it ;)

hamadrys
02-18-13, 12:30 PM
So true...

mymummy789
02-18-13, 12:58 PM

I thought this as well. Absolutely no point at all in having a bigger habitat if you have to sell your dragons in order to get it!!!!!!! I will just have to make do with what I have.

crystalrayn3
02-18-13, 01:55 PM
The Grand habitat is certainly lovely & tempting but $20 to add only 1 additional dragon to a habitat? Just can't jusitfy that😣

kerester
02-18-13, 02:10 PM
Buying habitats for gold is just silly! What about making the new habitats craftable in spell shop? The spell shop is anyway just sitting around un-used, so give us some other option to get the new habitats besides spending gold = real life money.

grondai
02-18-13, 02:21 PM
Ya this was the issue last time. No one wants to spend 500 gold for an extra dragon. Team lava hasn't learned a thing have they?

This is what they are doing:
1. Making limited dragon space by not upping the max habitats
2. Making people frustrated
3. Hoping that people will spend 20 bucks on a habitat to solve their space issue
4. Making people more angry

I've already spent tons of gold by just getting ALL of the dragons. Now you expect me to spend a ridiculous amount of money to solve YOUR problem? I'm starting to have doubts about this game. I'm thinking about quitting soon because of all of these market skeems

RotomGuy
02-18-13, 02:28 PM
Nest Prices being this high make very, very, very little sense. But habitats at this price is completely stupid. Making habitats gold is fine, but 500 is just is the same as saying "Hey guys, we just want your money".

Make it cost 10 gold for upgrading habitats, and 50 for buying it off the market. (Even then that's high)

Candy3030
02-18-13, 02:35 PM
Nest Prices being this high make very, very, very little sense. But habitats at this price is completely stupid. Making habitats gold is fine, but 500 is just is the same as saying "Hey guys, we just want your money".

Make it cost 10 gold for upgrading habitats, and 50 for buying it off the market. (Even then that's high)

100% agree!

OrdinaryJoe
02-18-13, 02:40 PM
Wait, I was about to buy one of these habitats for 500 gold... But maybe not anymore...

So, they can only hold 4 dragons, but they count as one of your 35 habitats? So, in effect making it 500 gold to just add ONE dragon to your island?

Wow! I don't know why I thought they'd be like the appliances on RS and BS. In these games, the extra appliances you buy with gold, add to the appliance cap. You can basically have as many appliances as you're willing to pay for...

I wonder why it's not the same for Dragon Story? It's not exactly like it would be unlimited habitats. We would still be limited by the amount of space we have. Team Lava could make so much money if the habitats that held 4 dragons did not count towards the habitat cap of 35. Not only would more of us buy the additional habitats, but a lot of people would suddenly be expanding like crazy to make more space so that they can buy the new habitats...

It's not too late to change it, Team Lava...

grondai
02-18-13, 02:44 PM
Much better. I would probably buy them then. They are worried about currency but really the dragon coin currency is already ruined. People who have played this game for a long time have saved up 30-50 mill coins.

Wait, I was about to buy one of these habitats for 500 gold... But maybe not anymore...

So, they can only hold 4 dragons, but they count as one of your 35 habitats? So, in effect making it 500 gold to just add ONE dragon to your island?

Wow! I don't know why I thought they'd be like the appliances on RS and BS. In these games, the extra appliances you buy with gold, add to the appliance cap. You can basically have as many appliances as you're willing to pay for...

I wonder why it's not the same for Dragon Story? It's not exactly like it would be unlimited habitats. We would still be limited by the amount of space we have. Team Lava could make so much money if the habitats that held 4 dragons did not count towards the habitat cap of 35. Not only would more of us buy the additional habitats, but a lot of people would suddenly be expanding like crazy to make more space so that they can buy the new habitats...

It's not too late to change it, Team Lava...

cookiemonstur
02-18-13, 02:51 PM
I don't think I'd spend money on these habitats, but if the Treasure Cave sees full release, that'd be a good use for the free gold the Cave gives.

They're very pretty habitats, but not worth spending real money on, to me.

What is this treasure cave you're talking about?

Flashygrrl
02-18-13, 03:31 PM
I have bills to pay. Wasting a $20 on ONE habitat is so far out of my league it's not even funny. This treasure cave everyone speaks of.....maybe.

jakycam
02-18-13, 03:43 PM
It's just ridiculous!!!

grondai
02-18-13, 04:23 PM
You would think they would try making upgraded habitats affordable to everyone so they would make more money but it seems like they aim for 1/1000 people

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 05:08 PM
Well, now they released the Grand Gardens (purple). Completely agree with ypu Grondai...

MomsHouseofSweets
02-18-13, 05:11 PM
I didn't and won't. The larger habitats would be so very welcome and needed, but I won't spend that much gold.

tonguelashing
02-18-13, 05:31 PM
You would think they would try making upgraded habitats affordable to everyone so they would make more money but it seems like they aim for 1/1000 people

Seems everything new they are coming out with lately must be purchased with gold. and not just a little gold, but a LOT of gold (500 in this case). I'd be very willing to spend 1,000,000 coins on these habitats, but not 500 gold. Unless I won the 5000 gold but I didn't so I won't :-(

Seems to me TL is alienating more and more players with recent decisions. Just my take.

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 05:37 PM
Seems everything new they are coming out with lately must be purchased with gold. and not just a little gold, but a LOT of gold (500 in this case). I'd be very willing to spend 1,000,000 coins on these habitats, but not 500 gold. Unless I won the 5000 gold but I didn't so I won't :-(

Seems to me TL is alienating more and more players with recent decisions. Just my take.

I'm beginning to think one day they'll make "elite players". Like exclusive dragons and habitats only available through gold purchase.

I'd quit.

mammami08
02-18-13, 05:48 PM
I'm beginning to think one day they'll make "elite players". Like exclusive dragons and habitats only available through gold purchase.

I'd quit.

I'm sorry to say that i'm about to quit to, or at least thinking of it. There is no space and the price for one extra dragon is way higher than i'm willing to spend. But the main reason is that more than 10 of my neoghbors quit the last couple of weeks. Moved to another similar game, the main reason for this is the habitat limit. They see no reason to even try for the new dragons when there is no space in their habitats and they are not willing to move the diamond hybrids to ordinary colored habitats so they stoped playing insted. I don't think they are willing to spend the money for one extra dragon per 500 gold, at least i'm not, and then there is the main problem that you can't upgrade but have to sell a habitat to fit a 500 gold one.

I know it is everybodys choice how to play and when to quit but it manes me a bit sad to see them quit and even sader that i my self are considering it. Well i will get over it, it is just a game....after all;)

NeferTsukia
02-18-13, 06:26 PM
Just a game, just a game... I have gotten pretty riled up for "just games" in the past. :p truth is, they can mess with us!
I imagine how you feel. I am beginning to feel a bit constricted at the moment.
Truth is, they did increase the habitat cap but they seem to have released more habitats than that cap permitted; and these obnoxiously expensive habitats don't count as an effort in their behalf, IMHO. In fact, I believe it is purely another "trick" to force desperate people into spending 20$ or more, just for a chance to squeeze in an extra dragon!
On one hand I completely understand they need the money, obviously. But still, this is getting way too bundled up. If ever I breed a diamond I do have room for it (built the field ages ago, for decor lol) but I doubt I'd be putting hybrids in seperate habitats. Maybe unicorn. I don't really have much more space to move around, and I would like to keep one or another duplicate of my favorite dragons.
For now, I can manage. Because I don't have diamonds...

angelaflame
02-18-13, 06:35 PM
Id spend no more than 250 or 300 gold to buy an extra habitat, If it held more than four dragons. This one is so beautiful it should be illegal, but too rich for my blood. Boo!

I "might" consider buying one of these new habitats for 100 gold max! 500 gold is a joke. To fill an island with these magical super habitats would be $700!

hamadrys
02-18-13, 06:40 PM
I start to feel a little cramped now that pink and diamond hybrids are available to breed. 2 diamond fields are the minimum (diamond and infinity), the rest of the hybrids will have to go onto regular habitats. But still, it is going to be a while before I get ALL the dragons available, and I hope that by then, they will have increased or found a solution. What ticks me off is that, in the end, I will only be able to keep 1 specimen of each dragon. For some of them, I would like to keep 2 (1 in epic, 1 as a baby).

moostermine
02-18-13, 06:47 PM
Anybody wonder why the new habitat was released today?

mammami08
02-18-13, 07:58 PM
Just a game, just a game... I have gotten pretty riled up for "just games" in the past. :p truth is, they can mess with us!
I imagine how you feel. I am beginning to feel a bit constricted at the moment.
Truth is, they did increase the habitat cap but they seem to have released more habitats than that cap permitted; and these obnoxiously expensive habitats don't count as an effort in their behalf, IMHO. In fact, I believe it is purely another "trick" to force desperate people into spending 20$ or more, just for a chance to squeeze in an extra dragon!
On one hand I completely understand they need the money, obviously. But still, this is getting way too bundled up. If ever I breed a diamond I do have room for it (built the field ages ago, for decor lol) but I doubt I'd be putting hybrids in seperate habitats. Maybe unicorn. I don't really have much more space to move around, and I would like to keep one or another duplicate of my favorite dragons.
For now, I can manage. Because I don't have diamonds...

I really hope you get your well deserved diamond soon ;), as i wrote in another thread "i will adapt" and so i have, at the moment i acctually is quite pleased with my new layout of my island. Sure i would rather have my diamond hybrids in seperat diamond habitats and i do not have more than one duplicat (a second diamond). But the development of the game lately has not gone in the right direction and thats a bad sign when people who have played since the game was released quit.

Right now i don't even think a raise of the habitat cap would set things right, it's the feeling of beeing restricted or forced to play it the same way that makes people quit.

kwhales
02-18-13, 08:07 PM

I agree with this. I think more players would be willing to purchase these habitats for gold if it was a reasonable amount. I think TL would make more money this way. Like 100 people spending $20 bucks for 530 gold or thousands spending $10 for 250.

MomsHouseofSweets
02-18-13, 08:07 PM

I agree heartedly and will not spend that much gold on anything offered ... I don't care what it is. We have herds to feed and the dollar menu at McD's isn't going to cut it. They have expensive tastes. LOL They can keep my share of those high priced habitats and the 3 dragons offered to Android.

foxxiegirl
02-19-13, 03:01 AM

Yeah this is a problem I have also. I'll buy the new habby but first I need to sell 3 Dragons....move them around just to buy it. They really should just have the upgrade option.

doop01
02-19-13, 04:09 AM
I'm not happy about the new habits either. Even though I have bought quite a lot of gold in this game, I have never even considered buying one of these. I think they would have a lot more people buy them if they dropped the price. 500 gold is just too much for all but a few I would think

NeferTsukia
02-19-13, 05:14 AM
I really hope you get your well deserved diamond soon ;), as i wrote in another thread "i will adapt" and so i have, at the moment i acctually is quite pleased with my new layout of my island. Sure i would rather have my diamond hybrids in seperat diamond habitats and i do not have more than one duplicat (a second diamond). But the development of the game lately has not gone in the right direction and thats a bad sign when people who have played since the game was released quit.

Right now i don't even think a raise of the habitat cap would set things right, it's the feeling of beeing restricted or forced to play it the same way that makes people quit.

Thanks... Fingers crossed. :) as usual!
I know. It's that feeling of pressure - that you can't play the way you want to play, because of their silly rules!!

I agree with this. I think more players would be willing to purchase these habitats for gold if it was a reasonable amount. I think TL would make more money this way. Like 100 people spending $20 bucks for 530 gold or thousands spending $10 for 250.
That 's what I had said. Theirs is a poor business tactic - they are directing this towards the "elite" , whereas they ought to be targetting a much wider audience. Would get more cash in!!

Yeah this is a problem I have also. I'll buy the new habby but first I need to sell 3 Dragons....move them around just to buy it. They really should just have the upgrade option.

Yeah. This should be in the SUGGESTIONS thread. I don't think they've quite thought this through...lol. Either they'd allow for upgrade, or storage to up to three dragons - that way people could update without much of a hassle!
What if you sell some of your common ones Foxxie? Right now it's the only solution, as crummy as it is!! Then you'd breed them again.

It's ridiculous that TL hasn't thought of this "tiny" issue...lol

NouraMoh
02-19-13, 07:29 AM
I had to sell my Ruby, move my Crusader into one of my Raging Rocks habitats, sell its Diamond Fields, buy a new Grand Gardens, move 4 purple dragons, sell one empty big purple habitat, buy another Grand Garden, move more dragons into it! And Finally buy a Diamond Feilds for my Crusader and start crafting a new Ruby :/

Out of gold at the moment, but I do plan on buying 2 more of these

mamareader02
02-19-13, 08:38 AM
I for one need habitats badly as I'm never kicking any if my diamonds or infinities off my island-but I'm not buying any habitat for 500 gold!been using my in-app money for castle anyway.but not gonna be jealous or judge those who do but those habitats,it's their money,if it makes them happy,then fabulous!and mikemike's island is one of the prettiest islands,it would actually be a shame if he hadnt bought the habitats,the purple one looks great with his gorgeous design!

J85909266
02-19-13, 11:13 AM
The strategy of intentionally limiting habitats while flooding us "limited" dragons and then charging 20$ per premium habitat to actually keep these dragons is really taking my enthusiasm out of the game. I will occasionally patronize your game with micro-transactions if you provide me with fair, fun content, but I will not be taken for a fool.

The slippery slope gets steeper...

NeferTsukia
02-19-13, 04:46 PM
I had to sell my Ruby, move my Crusader into one of my Raging Rocks habitats, sell its Diamond Fields, buy a new Grand Gardens, move 4 purple dragons, sell one empty big purple habitat, buy another Grand Garden, move more dragons into it! And Finally buy a Diamond Feilds for my Crusader and start crafting a new Ruby :/

Out of gold at the moment, but I do plan on buying 2 more of these

*goes to take a peek*
Sorry that you had to go through such a hassle. :/ but it looks really cool right now... And my, do you have the coolest-looking nest area at the moment! I had to take a screenshot. Pink goodness <3

NouraMoh
02-19-13, 05:31 PM
Thanks Nef :)
I got lucky
A Diamond, a Tiny, a second Chocolate and a second Unicorn on my nests