PDA

View Full Version : Anything I could do to earn profit faster?

zippythecellist
12-28-12, 09:08 PM
pic of my whole bakery: http://uploadingit.com/file/ij0t84oo32qqz3g7/small_Mobile%20Photo%2019%2058%2050.jpg (http://uploadingit.com/file/view/ij0t84oo32qqz3g7/Mobile%20Photo%2019%2058%2050.jpg)

pic of a modified verison of fecsuper's t design I'm using in my bakery: http://uploadingit.com/file/kclokvggagcmxhus/small_Mobile%20Photo%2019%2059%2007.jpg (http://uploadingit.com/file/view/kclokvggagcmxhus/Mobile%20Photo%2019%2059%2007.jpg)

I recently edited my bakery to improve profit, but it still seems like I'm earning it way too slow...anything I'm doing wrong? Or maybe something I could do with the decorative side of my bakery? :confused: I know the t design is a bit different, but that's because it's the only way I could get it to fit in the corner with the original door that came with the bakery. If anyone has a better design that earns profit faster, I'd sure love to see it! :p

Baraze
12-29-12, 05:07 AM
I think the key is to still cut off a smaller section to limit the clones movement. Quickly sit down, eat and get out!

I have the second to largest sized expansion and to sell food quickly, I had a 5x20 second just for diners. About 20 seats.

filochick1982
12-29-12, 05:34 AM
I sell my food relatively fast. I don't use fecsuper's layout but have a similar concept - ie less steps for customers to get to tables so can eat faster. You're welcome to check out my bakery.

Stueeeee
12-29-12, 07:35 AM
Leave the game open if u have multiple doors/sections. I earn a lot more in one day if I leave the game running at various points in the day

zippythecellist
12-29-12, 04:44 PM
So should I add more seats to the small profit making section? Or maybe add another door (and close off) the area with the cupcake chairs to make that a profit area too? I also just removed any dish that made less than 2 coins per serving (according to the charts on that stickied thread) so that should help too...right? Too late if I'm wrong though. xD

zippythecellist
12-29-12, 04:57 PM
I think the key is to still cut off a smaller section to limit the clones movement. Quickly sit down, eat and get out!

I have the second to largest sized expansion and to sell food quickly, I had a 5x20 second just for diners. About 20 seats.

http://uploadingit.com/file/a2x6wob8tdqsv3zd/small_Mobile%20Photo%2015%2053%2039.jpg (http://uploadingit.com/file/view/a2x6wob8tdqsv3zd/Mobile%20Photo%2015%2053%2039.jpg)

Is that what you're talking about? Mine has 22 seats though...does it get ruined if there's a few extra seats?

zippythecellist
12-29-12, 04:58 PM
http://uploadingit.com/file/a2x6wob8tdqsv3zd/small_Mobile%20Photo%2015%2053%2039.jpg (http://uploadingit.com/file/view/a2x6wob8tdqsv3zd/Mobile%20Photo%2015%2053%2039.jpg)

Picture didn't show up for some reason...

talensnana
12-29-12, 07:51 PM
So many things effect how much you serve. The thing I have found which can make a big difference is the number of steps to the cashier, and then to the table. I try to keep the steps to the cashier to around 5 or 6. My I'd is talensnana and my bakery is nana ales if you want to check it out. (Tried to post a picture and could not get it to work).

I keep about 26-30 tables available for food and diners. I have other areas set up (bistro, large dining room, casual dining room and ice cream shoppe) which have tables and chairs for tipping and to look pleasing but are closed off to diners. By keeping the dining area smaller and isolated, I serve more.

You also can move the original door, if you have purchased another one.

talensnana
12-29-12, 07:52 PM
So many things effect how much you serve. The thing I have found which can make a big difference is the number of steps to the cashier, and then to the table. I try to keep the steps to the cashier to around 5 or 6. My I'd is talensnana and my bakery is nana ales if you want to check it out. (Tried to post a picture and could not get it to work).

I keep about 26-30 tables available for food and diners. I have other areas set up (bistro, large dining room, casual dining room and ice cream shoppe) which have tables and chairs for tipping and to look pleasing but are closed off to diners. By keeping the dining area smaller and isolated, I serve more.

You also can move the original door, if you have purchased another one.

Nanascakes

talensnana
12-29-12, 08:07 PM
http://http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q664/talensnana/th_bdea1cb149b5ee40fbf6a4aaeaf8615c_zpsb62103ad.jp g (http://s1353.photobucket.com/albums/q664/talensnana/?action=view&current=bdea1cb149b5ee40fbf6a4aaeaf8615c_zpsb62103 ad.jpg)

AnnasCoffee
12-29-12, 10:36 PM
You could reduce the number of steps by moving tables closer to your other door and block the customers from walking around the other half of your bakery.

If you REALLY want to make money faster, the best thing to do is cook food that sells for 10 or more coins per plate. You would need to cook Red Velvet Cake everyday for months... then you would make a million coins every four days or so.

DeesDiner001
12-30-12, 11:19 AM
How do I look at someones bakery if they are not my neighbor?

anketam
12-31-12, 08:48 AM
If you want to maximize your profits I recommend reading this thread. Note some of the factors have changed since the original posting (as noted in later posts) but the theories behind it are sound:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40398-How-to-Maximize-Profits

Taking a quick peek at your bakery I can safely say that what is going to **** your online profit is the walking distance, just blocking off the furthest tables would do wonders. I sent you an invite so you can check out my bakery, it is called Count Bake. You will see that the customers are in and out very quickly.

AnnasCoffee
12-31-12, 08:51 AM
How do I look at someones bakery if they are not my neighbor?

If you want to look at someones bakery they have to ...

be your neighbor
OR
if they write on your wall or one of your neighbors walls you can use the "visit" button
OR
You can send them a neighbor request, but I would ask them on the forum first because some people don't like it when you send them a request without asking.
OR you can send them a message on the forum and ask them to post a pic for you.

Did you want to see an efficient table layout? There is a thread called "Fecs vs. GroovyRuss, my results" it has pics of table layouts designed to sell your food faster.

anketam
12-31-12, 08:53 AM
How do I look at someones bakery if they are not my neighbor?Send them a neighbor invite.

anketam
12-31-12, 08:59 AM
Did you want to see an efficient table layout? There is a thread called "Fecs vs. GroovyRuss, my results" it has pics of table layouts designed to sell your food faster.There is a link to it in the first post of the thread that I posted earlier if you have trouble searching for it called "like us crazy few".

ab061197
01-01-13, 03:01 PM
But you see... don't you eventually sell it all anyway? I understand that you want to earn your profit quicker, but it's all going to sell eventually.

ab061197
01-01-13, 03:10 PM
What foods should I make? :confused:
With the new update, anything that I've looked up just doesn't work right. :(
I'm lvl 19 and have 6 ovens & drink mixers. :)
Right now I have my door blocked off so that I can stock up on everything. Is this a good idea? :confused:
Please let me know, thanks. :D

Also, if you want to add me, my ID is ab061197. :) I gift daily (usually cappuccino and sometimes parts) and I tip when I can. I would tip EVERYONE but I have over 500 neighbors so it would be waaaay too time consuming.

sweetstuff525
01-01-13, 03:30 PM
If you block yOur door then you won't make any profit since you are not selling food

It doesn't matter if you don't have food since once you get food you'll get happy people again

My daughter is level 26 right now usually does t have food but nothing wrong wit that since she still making profit since all food sells right now she has about 350,000

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 06:08 PM
I agree, you should open up your door :).

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 06:09 PM
But you see... don't you eventually sell it all anyway? I understand that you want to earn your profit quicker, but it's all going to sell eventually.

No, you won't sell it all eventually. If you continue to bake 4 coin per plate dishes you will continue to build up millions of plates of food because you can cook food than you can sell it (it's a major flaw in this game that players have been complaining about for over 18 months).

Even with a two door design with cash registers and tables right next to the door I can only sell 42,500 plates of food a day. If you are cooking 4 coin foods, you are probably cooking over 80,000 or 90,000 plates per day. Your food will build up to millions. At one point I had close to 2 million plates of food.

The only ways to get out of this situation are ....
1. Throw away your food - you lose money
2. Stop cooking - you decrease your future earning potential
3. Only cook on 5 or 6 appliances - Again decrease in future earnings
4. Cook 1 day dishes that have low servings and that sell for 10 or 12 coins per plate (Red Velvet Cake or Earl Grey Tea etc.) in my opinion, the best way to earn coins in BS is to cook one of these dishes EVERYDAY.

Since you can only sell about 42,500 plates per day, if you are selling 42,500 plates of Red Velvet Cake you will make 510,000 per day. If you only have foods worth 4 coins, you will make 170,000. Of course you have to subtract the cost to cook the food but you still make more coins by cooking Red Velvet Cake. I cook Earl Grey Tea, I make 1,000,000 coins every four days.

If you cook 4 coin dishes everyday, you will eventually go broke. The only advantage to cooking 4 coin dishes is to earn GEMS.

ab061197
01-01-13, 07:04 PM
No, you won't sell it all eventually. If you continue to bake 4 coin per plate dishes you will continue to build up millions of plates of food because you can cook food than you can sell it (it's a major flaw in this game that players have been complaining about for over 18 months).

Even with a two door design with cash registers and tables right next to the door I can only sell 42,500 plates of food a day. If you are cooking 4 coin foods, you are probably cooking over 80,000 or 90,000 plates per day. Your food will build up to millions. At one point I had close to 2 million plates of food.

The only ways to get out of this situation are ....
1. Throw away your food - you lose money
2. Stop cooking - you decrease your future earning potential
3. Only cook on 5 or 6 appliances - Again decrease in future earnings
4. Cook 1 day dishes that have low servings and that sell for 10 or 12 coins per plate (Red Velvet Cake or Earl Grey Tea etc.) in my opinion, the best way to earn coins in BS is to cook one of these dishes EVERYDAY.

Since you can only sell about 42,500 plates per day, if you are selling 42,500 plates of Red Velvet Cake you will make 510,000 per day. If you only have foods worth 4 coins, you will make 170,000. Of course you have to subtract the cost to cook the food but you still make more coins by cooking Red Velvet Cake. I cook Earl Grey Tea, I make 1,000,000 coins every four days.

If you cook 4 coin dishes everyday, you will eventually go broke. The only advantage to cooking 4 coin dishes is to earn GEMS.

So basically you're saying that if I spend all my time making 1 min - 2hr foods... I'm wasting my time? Cause if that's the case, you just gave me the best **** advice ever.

sweetstuff525
01-01-13, 07:34 PM
Yeah right now I have millions of food .... And mastered every food in the oven so have good amount of gems saved .... So now I'm cooking red velvet cake but putting it ou on several counters at least 18 ....I'm making more money and noticed some of my counters emptying out

srg70
01-01-13, 07:50 PM
I'm doing half and half. Half my ovens I bake red velvet cake or sugar cookies to make money. The other half I bake to master recipes. This works for me. I make about $400,000 a day. Like sweetstuff I put them on several counter so I serve more higher value dishes than the 4c plates.

srg70
01-01-13, 07:54 PM
If you have your door and chairs just right you can serve approx 75k-86k serving a day. I'm not getting as many servings as some people on here but I average about 70-75k per day.

chewytwix
01-01-13, 07:55 PM
I throw out SOME of my food every once in awhile. I know it hurts and it seems counterproductive, but you make back what you lost quicker. I bake regular foods to master gems, but I don't buy more than 3 of the special appliances to save on the cost of the oven. So right now, I have 12 ovens on red velvet cake, and the rest are special ovens. I make a lot from the red velvet cake and when that empties each day, I still have some of the regular foods left. Currently, I only have one counter of food with ~50k plates of autumn cake. I really hated it when my bakery was overrun with counters of food.

Still, it's really slow. On a good day, I earn a net 250k. On a bad day, I make 50k. It also depends on how long I leave the game on.

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 07:58 PM
So basically you're saying that if I spend all my time making 1 min - 2hr foods... I'm wasting my time? Cause if that's the case, you just gave me the best **** advice ever.

Yup, that's what I'm saying:). Your better off cooking 1 day dishes that sell for 10 - 12 coins per plate.

There have been so many threads about how to earn coins. I've always focused my game on earning coins, this is what I do...

To make the MOST COIN PROFIT in BAKERY STORY...

1. Keep your door open... ALWAYS
2. Keep your cash register and tables in a straight line right in front of the door and block your customers from walking through out your bakery. It should look like your customers are "trapped" in small "pens". ( this can be confusing but its VERY inmortant. More information about tables designs below)
3. If you want to earn COINS - cook RED VELVET CAKE
4. If you want to earn GEMS - only earn the level 2 gem (don't try for the level 4) it's uses to many coins to cook to level 4.

If you want to earn coins you MUST have your cash register/tables next to your door.
If you have one door use fecsuper's L design. To see a picture go to POST #18 in this thread ...http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)/page2&highlight=Maths
If you have 2 or more doors, use GroovyRuss' plan. To see a picture go to POST #43 this thread... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!/page5

All just my opinion, but it works for me:). Thanks to fecs and GroovyRuss for the research :)

chewytwix
01-01-13, 08:01 PM
I redecorated my bakery twice since Halloween. I made only 5 million because of the cost of the decorations and goals.

I really wish I could fully expand my bakery. I refuse to spend my gems on expansions....they're for decorations.

srg70
01-01-13, 08:01 PM
I throw out SOME of my food every once in awhile. I know it hurts and it seems counterproductive, but you make back what you lost quicker. I bake regular foods to master gems, but I don't buy more than 3 of the special appliances to save on the cost of the oven. So right now, I have 12 ovens on red velvet cake, and the rest are special ovens. I make a lot from the red velvet cake and when that empties each day, I still have some of the regular foods left. Currently, I only have one counter of food with ~50k plates of autumn cake. I really hated it when my bakery was overrun with counters of food.

Still, it's really slow. On a good day, I earn a net 250k. On a bad day, I make 50k. It also depends on how long I leave the game on.

I do the same. I throw out a lot of food. I don't like lots of counter with food on either. I keep a few with my 'backup' food on of 30-40k servings, and the others have the higher value food which always runs out over night. So my backup food counters keep me going.

chewytwix
01-01-13, 08:04 PM
Last week, I had 300k plates of autumn cake. This week, I have 50k...so it reassures me that the game is somewhat functional =P

I WISH the stupid clones would do take out. Stop sitting in my bakery, get your food and leave!

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 08:11 PM
Here is a picture to help explain the table set-up. Sorry, I didn't describe it very well. Pictures help:)

The customers can only sit at the white tables/chairs on the far left. By blocking them this way, they get to their seat, eat, and leave quickly so another customer can come in. You sell more food and make more money :)

I see so many bakeries where customers walk all over and I wonder how they make any money :confused:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o640/AnnasCoffee/0BB74263-1D6D-4058-BE62-322F0709071A-707-000000E8315F6C22.jpg

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 08:21 PM
I WISH the stupid clones would do take out. Stop sitting in my bakery, get your food and leave!

I wish the clones would buy MORE than ONE cookie !!! I mean really, who goes to a bakery and gets ONE cookie or ONE piece of cake ?!? You buy a dozen cookies or a whole cake, in a box and leave without sitting down. If each customer bought more items we would all be rich - HOORAY !!!

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 08:21 PM
If you have your door and chairs just right you can serve approx 75k-86k serving a day. I'm not getting as many servings as some people on here but I average about 70-75k per day.

How many doors do you have?

srg70
01-01-13, 08:22 PM
I wish the clones would buy MORE than ONE cookie !!! I mean really, who goes to a bakery and gets ONE cookie or ONE piece of cake ?!? You buy a dozen cookies or a whole cake, in a box and leave without sitting down. If each customer bought more items we would all be rich - HOORAY !!!

What a great idea....lol!

srg70
01-01-13, 08:23 PM

Just the one. I'm your neighbor! Fantastic cakes.

srg70
01-01-13, 08:27 PM

I see you have two doors with two registers. This creates longer waiting time at the register than just having the one door, and one register.

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 08:29 PM
Just the one. I'm your neighbor! Fantastic cakes.

Oh, I love your place, it's decorated so nice :).

You have a fecsuper L design table arrangement. So do you mean you sell 70 - 75 k PLATES of food or COINS worth of food? Because if your selling 75,000 plates of food a day please tell me how to do it :)

srg70
01-01-13, 08:37 PM
Oh, I love your place, it's decorated so nice :).

You have a fecsuper L design table arrangement. So do you mean you sell 70 - 75 k PLATES of food or COINS worth of food? Because if your selling 75,000 plates of food a day please tell me how to do it :)

Thank you. I always like your layout when I visit. I love the way you design the tables, and its not overcrowded with decor.

Yes, I use Fecs layout although I use one less chair and I think the layout is slightly different. The game is open most of the time too. I serve 70-75k a day and net approx $350,000 to $400,000 a day, depending how many 10-12c plates I have.

I know groovyruss says he gets 86k servings per day, and netting $600,000!!! I can't match that.....I wish.......lol!

AnnasCoffee
01-01-13, 08:50 PM
You leave your game open. I've never tried that, I close my game when I'm not playing. I'm going to leave it open to see if I sell more ... I hope I don't run out of food !

I'm going to try the one door set up too:)

Thank you. I always like your layout when I visit. I love the way you design the tables, and its not overcrowded with decor.

Yes, I use Fecs layout although I use one less chair and I think the layout is slightly different. The game is open most of the time too. I serve 70-75k a day and net approx $350,000 to $400,000 a day, depending how many 10-12c plates I have.

I know groovyruss says he gets 86k servings per day, and netting $600,000!!! I can't match that.....I wish.......lol!

srg70
01-01-13, 08:54 PM
You leave your game open. I've never tried that, I close my game when I'm not playing. I'm going to leave it open to see if I sell more ... I hope I don't run out of food !

I'm going to try the one door set up too:)

Leaving the game open makes a HUGE difference. You will sell out of your earl grey tea everyday. Leave a message on my bakery and let me know how it goes!

chewytwix
01-01-13, 09:00 PM
Leaving the game open makes a HUGE difference. You will sell out of your earl grey tea everyday. Leave a message on my bakery and let me know how it goes!

Yeah it's a huge difference, but...this is for BS! I've noticed my ipod isn't performing as well and I know this method will slowly **** the battery on your device and to me this isn't worth it....my husband is rejoicing my ipod is dying and awaits the day when I'm forced to quit.

srg70
01-01-13, 09:06 PM
Yeah it's a huge difference, but...this is for BS! I've noticed my ipod isn't performing as well and I know this method will slowly **** the battery on your device and to me this isn't worth it....my husband is rejoicing my ipod is dying and awaits the day when I'm forced to quit.

I leave mine open overnight 12 hours or so. It is open on and off in the day. I've not noticed any difference in my iPads performance or battery, yet! I charge it overnight so the game just stays open.

GroovyRuss
01-02-13, 04:57 PM

yeah leaving game open is a MUST lol on iOS versions the sell rate is cut in half if closed :(

Stueeeee
01-02-13, 06:31 PM
I have been leaving the game open, and have been making more money as I have 3 doors, but have been noticing my iphone 5 getting rather hot. Does anyone know if leaving it open and on charge a lot can effect the performance and/or battery?

AnnasCoffee
01-02-13, 10:10 PM
I tried to leave my game running to sell more food but, I must not have done it right. I though I just had to NOT "force-close" the app. But that didnt work. I only sold the normal amount of food.

So to keep the game open, do I have to turn off the "auto-lock" in the settings on my device? Do you have to leave the screen on or can the screen be turned off?

Stueeeee
01-03-13, 02:00 AM
Yeah u have to turn off auto lock and leave screen on. And probably on charge!..

rosewaterlily
01-03-13, 06:09 AM
I got a second door yesterday after consulting the various threads on this topic and have minimized my walking distance from door to chairs down to eight squares, 14 seats in two sections:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/VeiledStar/bakerylayout.jpg
My bakery is only 13X16 at level 70 and flooded with reindeer so some of the seating is obscured, but it's essentially the same configuration on both sides.

I just moved the registers towards the inside from next to the door since it seems like the wait time at the register is shorter there--something like 7 seconds maximum wait at the door, 6 seconds when the register is one square away, and 5 seconds when the register is two squares away. I didn't actually use a stopwatch but counting mentally and watching how many squares other clones would walk while one waited at the register, that's the impression I got.

I made ~260 K (variety of 4, 5, 10, 12 coin food) net coins in 24 hours with the register next to the door and the game on background while multitasking, including 75 K daily bonus and baking expenses. Current configuration with the register moved inside is giving me about 1000 coins every four minutes. Since I'm mastering four coin food in the near future and using the ipod for other games, the overall rate will be considerably lower.

Feel a little wary about leaving the screen on all the time though. :-/

ab061197
01-03-13, 08:13 PM
Yup, that's what I'm saying:). Your better off cooking 1 day dishes that sell for 10 - 12 coins per plate.

There have been so many threads about how to earn coins. I've always focused my game on earning coins, this is what I do...

To make the MOST COIN PROFIT in BAKERY STORY...

1. Keep your door open... ALWAYS
2. Keep your cash register and tables in a straight line right in front of the door and block your customers from walking through out your bakery. It should look like your customers are "trapped" in small "pens". ( this can be confusing but its VERY inmortant. More information about tables designs below)
3. If you want to earn COINS - cook RED VELVET CAKE
4. If you want to earn GEMS - only earn the level 2 gem (don't try for the level 4) it's uses to many coins to cook to level 4.

If you want to earn coins you MUST have your cash register/tables next to your door.
If you have one door use fecsuper's L design. To see a picture go to POST #18 in this thread ...http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)/page2&highlight=Maths
If you have 2 or more doors, use GroovyRuss' plan. To see a picture go to POST #43 this thread... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!/page5

All just my opinion, but it works for me:). Thanks to fecs and GroovyRuss for the research :)

Well.. thanks.:D I really appreciate it.c: The other day I had mistakenly made red velvet cake instead of cookies and found myself quite greatful for it. I made a fortune off of it. Made me very happy.(: Imma stick to doing that!

ab061197
01-03-13, 08:15 PM
I have been leaving the game open, and have been making more money as I have 3 doors, but have been noticing my iphone 5 getting rather hot. Does anyone know if leaving it open and on charge a lot can effect the performance and/or battery?

I don't think it affects the performance and/or battery at all. But when your battery dies, make sure to let it charge fully before you start using it again because if you don't, it could lessen the lifetime of your battery.

filochick1982
01-04-13, 05:34 AM
Mine has a similar layout. Normally looks like this

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8080/8345964016_e63d888c08_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8345964016/)
photo.PNG (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8345964016/) by Shoeaholic-2891 (http://www.flickr.com/people/63007846@N07/), on Flickr

But I am currently experimenting if this slight variation in table and chair layout makes a difference. I think it does as there are less steps. I'm doing this more so to get rid of food than earn coins faster though.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8493/8344908199_eb74be89d0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8344908199/)
photo.PNG (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8344908199/) by Shoeaholic-2891 (http://www.flickr.com/people/63007846@N07/), on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8355/8345964816_57f5a726cd_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8345964816/)
photo.PNG (http://www.flickr.com/photos/63007846@N07/8345964816/) by Shoeaholic-2891 (http://www.flickr.com/people/63007846@N07/), on Flickr

filochick1982
01-04-13, 05:42 AM
How is it possible to 'leave the game open' on an iPhone? I can't see how practical that is considering I use a lot of other features on it.

hiphopgirlrules
01-04-13, 05:47 AM
Why did you raise the prices in bakery story? I don't have that much coins to buy that much stuff and DON'T TAKE THE CHRISTMAS STUFF AWAY!!!!! Please.... 

ab061197
01-04-13, 01:16 PM
How is it possible to 'leave the game open' on an iPhone? I can't see how practical that is considering I use a lot of other features on it.

Because if you have no friends or simply don't use it for anything else, then leaving the game open is not that big of a deal. >.> I have an iPod and use it pretty much all hours of the day so leaving the game open is not that big of a deal..