PDA

View Full Version : Watery way to increase coin income?

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 04:15 AM
Pure water dragon is 1,000c sell price??!

Odd given its common nature, & that every other dragon is 100c sell price (except fire=10c, forest=50c) this could be a TL slip?

It means that if you are low on coinage & high on time you could spend 200c to breed 2x water dragons then sell the offspring for 800c return.

Given that it's 12hr breeding + 12hr incubation time, you could be breeding a rarer dragon with higher 'per hour' earning potential. So I doubt anyone will utilise this trick.
But thought I'd share it anyhow.

Any other interesting workarounds people have found?

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 04:30 AM
Water dragons cannot be bred (except when using diamond) so it's only the 12 hr incubation time. And it seems the basic-element colors (fire, air, water, forest) have different selling prices.
Selling water dragons, however, is still a very slow way to make coins...lol

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 04:31 AM
Wait a minute, i thought something was odd. The water dragon costs 10,000 coins lol. Not 200 (that would be for breeding it, and it cannot be bred except when using diamonds). So...lol.

wassupbaby
12-28-12, 04:43 AM
I noticed it long time ago. I also noticed that light dragon costs 150k coin but you only get 100 coin back by selling it.

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 04:53 AM
I have 1 lvl 4, & 1 epic water dragon & only bought 1 when I first started.
I don't have a diamond yet (it's incubating. squee!), so I must have bred it with 2 hybrids both including water. It happens all the time with magic, why not water?

As you say, not efficient, so not much point, but still possible.

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 04:57 AM
Wait a minute, i thought something was odd. The water dragon costs 10,000 coins lol. Not 200 (that would be for breeding it, and it cannot be bred except when using diamonds). So...lol.

I may put this to the test when my current breeding cycle is done.
I'm convinced 2x water will make a water, & it's a possible outcome when breeding any 2 dragons that have water components, otherwise I wouldn't have 2 in my island.
Nothing to gain except proving a point.

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 05:19 AM

"So... Lol"
Yes condescension disguised as humour is a good way to provoke me.
Given this lvl 4 water with epic water, 12hr breed in place...
http://forums.teamlava.com/album.php?albumid=863&attachmentid=4948
(Apologies, I can't link direct to the image URL from my phone)
...I'm willing to wager the offspring will be... Water?
Any advances?

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 06:17 AM
"So... Lol"
Any advances?
What the...? Who disguised what as humor? O__o chillax dude(tte). You're almost provoking yourself. But whatever. It wasn't my intention to provoke or anything. I almost always lol,it's an annoying thing I have going on. x)

Okay, fine then. Buy two water dragons and have fun breeding them together to hatch a bunch of little water dragons to sell them off for a profit of 800 per dragon (and since we only need 1 water dragon, the second one can be accounted for as an investment, so we gotta cover 10k from that one dragon before actual profit is made).

As I said, a water can be bred using diamond (because diamond with a basic element will either result in that element, or in a diamond hybrid) or, logically, breeding two basic elements together will result in that basic element because there's nothing else to add in the mix.
It's not rocket science.
Magic can result from breeding any hybrids that have fire and water, because that's how magic is attainable. Two hybrids with different base elements.

I find it odd that we can get a single element using hybrids to breed. Never happened to me, but that doesn't mean it's not possible,but... I donno.
Test it out if you have the patience, then post results.

Momoko_peach
12-28-12, 06:46 AM
"So... Lol"
Any advances?

She (he ?) actually acts like this with every newbie on the forum. You know, every forum as its self proclaimed Queen or King, debatting of their private jokes that they only understand, and which pollutes every thread.
Yayyyy Starbucks Coffeee LULZ <3
/facepalm

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 07:21 AM
She (he ?) actually acts like this with every newbie on the forum. You know, every forum as its self proclaimed Queen or King, debatting of their private jokes that they only understand, and which pollutes every thread.
Yayyyy Starbucks Coffeee LULZ <3
/facepalm
I wonder what's YOUR itch. If my pollution bothers you, then look away. :p and I don't "act like that with every newbie". People who act a certain way get certain responses... Like you.
And the "starbucks private joke" isn't private at all. But if you've overlooked it then it's easy to misunderstand.

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 08:09 AM
You know, every forum as its self proclaimed Queen or King, debatting of their private jokes that they only understand, and which pollutes every thread.

He he, thanks Momoko, I know the sort, which is what had my heckles up.
However Nef doesn't actually lol as much as s/he thinks, & appears quite friendly & helpful in other posts I've read.

Loved your posts on commercial machination btw. TL are pushing me that way with their constant incentivising of Gold purchasing through sales, gold price habitats, more ultra-high 1000s G priced dragons etc.
they do count on the economical model of psychology which means even when we feel disenchanted we won't want to quit for accepting the loss of real money & time we've sunk into it.
While we keep playing, we still get to see the things we bought, as soon as we quit & uninstall the game. We admit to ourselves it was a pointless exercise to play in the first place, so we keep playing to avoid this.

As I said, a water can be bred using diamond (because diamond with a basic element will either result in that element, or in a diamond hybrid) or, logically, breeding two basic elements together will result in that basic element because there's nothing else to add in the mix.
It's not rocket science.
Magic can result from breeding any hybrids that have fire and water, because that's how magic is attainable. Two hybrids with different base elements.

I find it odd that we can get a single element using hybrids to breed. Never happened to me, but that doesn't mean it's not possible,but... I donno.

TL's system for breeding is all about mathematics (referred to most commonly as luck), my guess is they use an algorithm to "randomly" generate the resulting colour combination from any 2 given parents. They then use a second algorithm to generate whether that combo is a common, rare or ultra rare.

So, if the first algorithm throws up 2 blues out of, say a seabreeze & a storm, the offspring must be pure water.

BUT as you rightly say, why doesn't this happen more often? I've only had it once & I don't remember what the parents where ("common blue? Meh, feed it to lvl 4 & leave it in a corner")
Maybe they HAVE accounted for this & adjusted their program, replacing the first algorithm with one that won't produce 2xbase colour. In which case maybe mine was a glitch, or happened before they fixed it & I never noticed till now.
Either way, you can still breed a water without using diamond, or I'm about to produce a new breed entirely.
It is still a wasted breeding in the long run though.

Momoko_peach
12-28-12, 08:18 AM
they do count on the economical model of psychology which means even when we feel disenchanted we won't want to quit for accepting the loss of real money & time we've sunk into it.

I agree. You put words on my actual feelings. I said i would quit yesterday, but it?s not that easy. I am on the way of doing it.

About your concern, I dont understand a word of it and I am really sorry to be helpless ^^"

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 08:18 AM
On the Starbucks matter, where are TL based? I live in the UK, & I bet TL don't pay taxes here on the gold I've bought.
Poor Starbucks only got lambasted cos they were a big target & newspapers knew it would sell.
They now agreed to pay tax, doesn't this afford them the honour of selling me a chai latte once more?

Edit: poor Starbucks???
Not really, deserved all they got.
Just saying lets not jump on bandwagons & ignore hypocrisy under our noses.

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 08:25 AM
About your concern, I dont understand a word of it and I am really sorry to be helpless ^^"

No worries, was just a musing to start a conversation.
Sorry to Nef for getting hot under the collar, I just dislike passive aggression intensely. So I'll take your word for it that it's not.

I keep mentally threatening to quit. But then just swearing I'll be content with a watered down play that doesn't require high gold purchase. After all, I wouldn't be annoyed if there was no update. So really it's just jealousy that someone else will have a shiny dragon or habitat that I can't/won't afford. I'll console myself that I spent that real money on something else I enjoy more tangibly & pretend that the update never happened instead.

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 10:41 AM
No worries, was just a musing to start a conversation.
Sorry to Nef for getting hot under the collar, I just dislike passive aggression intensely. So I'll take your word for it that it's not.

I keep mentally threatening to quit. But then just swearing I'll be content with a watered down play that doesn't require high gold purchase. After all, I wouldn't be annoyed if there was no update. So really it's just jealousy that someone else will have a shiny dragon or habitat that I can't/won't afford. I'll console myself that I spent that real money on something else I enjoy more tangibly & pretend that the update never happened instead.
So you and I think alike. :) I'm either directly aggressive (which, in here, is not encouraged at all xD) or I respond with moderated aggressiveness. Or I try to be moderated xD (sometimes I admit I lack the patience)
Either way, I mostly try being nice and helpful. Or silly, at least, if I can't be helpful - sometimes a good laugh helps lighten the moods.

Anywhoo, The nearest starbucks to where I live is over 350 km away, so when PonyRoar mentioned starbucks stuff in another thread(s) I decided to kid around with it. Again, I don't know why joking around annoys some people, but hey! Sourpusses need to put their two cents in. :p

Hmmm. Indeed maybe there was a glitch - or not, just mere odd chance. From what I read from another TL game (Monster Story) some people were actually able to breed "weird stuff"! For example, mosters with names that exceed the character limit, or with an extra element they are not supposed to have (imagine a water element that looks just like water, is named water dragon...but also has forest! Weird!!)

Breeding water with water can only result in water because there is nothing else in there... But breeding (for example) a mirage and a mist and getting the water (if both waters mix) would be really weird IMHO, but who knows? It could happen! XD
They did say emerald and ruby couldn't have sexy tiemz with other dragons, but I and other people have used them to breed. Lol. So...

Ah, one more thing. (i am terrible at organizing my thoughts!!)
I tend to "xD" and "lol" a lot and use tons of smileys, even in text messages, and have been trying to stop - 'cause I ain't no teen no more - but, errr, it seems like ai have that need to add sprinkles to my texts...

Whatever. XDDDD my weirdness. Lol.

Momoko_peach
12-28-12, 10:49 AM
I am not a sourpuss. Just a troll, sometimes :)

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 11:06 AM
Troll's & people who are direct with their criticism I appreciate.
People who *****foot around & those who can dish it but not take it. P'tooeh. Grow a spine.

We'll get on fine ��

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 11:08 AM
Oops, fell foul of the auto moderator.
"Beat around the bush"
That aught to do it :-)

kooky panda
12-28-12, 12:03 PM
Thread is now off topic, with personal conversations.
Closing thread.