PDA

View Full Version : how much would it cost to remove ads Pop Ups

Lipuro
12-27-12, 01:59 PM
Name your price. They are so annoying I just want to turn the app off. Every game you have it's ad after ad especially on CS, DS, MS, I would definitely like to purchase an ad removal.

lala_gabbana
12-27-12, 02:01 PM
Name your price. They are so annoying I just want to turn the app off. Every game you have it's ad after ad especially on CS, DS, MS, I would definitely like to purchase an ad removal.

Are you sure you want TL to "name a price"? I'd be afraid of the amount

Lipuro
12-27-12, 02:03 PM
^I agree considering how greedy they price their gold/gems. I would gladly pay 5-10 dollars.

[S8] Elsa
12-27-12, 02:10 PM
Notices that occur upon log in are generally informative ones about new updates like new Dragons and features or cross promotions that provide opportunities to try our other games. ^_^

Lipuro
12-27-12, 02:12 PM
Yeah but why do I have to see them every time I open the app? D: TL doesn't have to tell me 20 times of their updates.

[S8] Elsa
12-27-12, 02:23 PM
Yeah but why do I have to see them every time I open the app? D: TL doesn't have to tell me 20 times of their updates.

But we're really, really excited to share them! :3

I'll pass this on to the team. Any alternative suggestions?

magzlitex777
12-27-12, 03:06 PM

Maybe have a box the player can check asking to not show them again. Of course that would mean a box on each pop up

Nefertekas
12-27-12, 06:05 PM

You always sound sp happy and joyful. XD

Well, I do think popups are a bit annpying (especially on lagging games) but I do believe that since this is a free game, eh...

As for suggestions, maybe pop-ups once every 24 hours or 12 hours; and in the meantime, that could be a happy, flashy, ju,py little symbol in one of the corners, happily dancing away, warning us about the new stuff. And we'd tap on them if we want to read the joy. :D

Nefertekas
12-27-12, 06:06 PM
*that = should be there ...
Ju,py = jumpy

Lol,so many typos.

kwhales
12-27-12, 06:24 PM
Wow, I never realized how annoying pop ups were to some players. To me, its just a few seconds of my life, no big deal...i still rather have those then those ads that run constantly across the bottom or the top of non TL games.

Nefertekas
12-27-12, 06:30 PM
Wow, I never realized how annoying pop ups were to some players. To me, its just a few seconds of my life, no big deal...i still rather have those then those ads that run constantly across the bottom or the top of non TL games.
I guess it's worse in laggy games. In my nephew's iPod it's a huge headache...sometimes they pop outta nowhere and ya can't avoid tapping them. O. My iPad and my friend's iPhone 4s, they're not so much of a bother - just quick, successive taps on the same spot and they're gone. I hardly go on my android phone because it's SOOOO SLOOOOOWWWW and the internet connection breaks often, so the game crashes a lot. Lol.

Lipuro
12-27-12, 06:41 PM
Maybe have a box the player can check asking to not show them again. Of course that would mean a box on each pop up

Great suggestion here. Also, the 24 hour ad was a great idea also. Hopefully we can see something like this implemented in the future. Thanks for passing this on. :)

luv2wander
12-27-12, 07:35 PM
I think once or twice a day would be good. Honestly, I don't read them when they come up so often so they don't work well to notify me of new features.

MomsHouseofSweets
12-27-12, 08:20 PM
A few days would be alright, but they seem to pop up for several days. It's annoying when you have Force Close and game restart issues. Then it's REALLY annoying, because then we seem them a lot ... a whole lot! Sometimes there are several popups.

lucky8canuck
12-27-12, 08:54 PM
I like the idea of a "Do not show this popup again" type check box. That way, we have a choice of what popups we want to see again (eg as reminders for contests or sales for gold that we might be interested in purchasing just not right away) and those we know we are definitely not interested in (ie sales that we don't want to participate in) or stuff we already know about (ie new items).

flowless
12-27-12, 10:19 PM
Max for 3 times to appear

I think three times is enough

If a player can't remember that there are updates in the game after 3 times
Then he won't remember after 30 times

I think it would be different for timers

But for regular updates how many times do we need a reminder

linus664
12-27-12, 10:23 PM
I think if they insist on having the pop ups, it should be done once a day... It's a fair compromise to no ads at all, honestly TL wants you to play all there games. But if they popped up at the first log in of the day(when everyone gets there daily bonus would be an ideal time to get it over with)

amicacordis
12-28-12, 03:02 AM
Show them only 3 times.

shockabsorb
12-28-12, 06:27 AM
Yes. Agree totally annoying that it takes up to 5 mins so i can play a game. It really makes me wanna delete all tl apps

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 08:47 AM
I don't want to pay to remove the ads though, just remove them or risk losing me as a paying customer.

mistmonster
12-28-12, 09:06 AM
I'm jumping on this one... so many ads right now.. so many I just click them off and never look at them. I didn't know about getting more habitats until I cam here!! I like the 3 times or only display once every 24 for hours.

lollipop_rp
12-28-12, 12:02 PM
Well, I like some popup ads like the ones where you get gold after playing games.
And, the other ads keep me motivated in trying to get that dragon, and it reminds me that the contests are over, a new dragon came out, or a new element was released.
it's not so bad in my POV. But I understand what you mean at the same time.

lollipop_rp
12-28-12, 12:04 PM
Maybe we should have an inbox that we can click on to tell us all the new info and releases. Then, when we don't want that message anymore, we just delete it

flaming_foxtail
12-28-12, 12:14 PM
When they announce the sweepstake winners there will be a new pop-up that basically says to a lot of people. You didn't win. Repeatedly ad nauseum

Nefertekas
12-28-12, 12:15 PM
When they announce the sweepstake winners there will be a new pop-up that basically says to a lot of people. You didn't win. Repeatedly ad nauseum

Like shoving it in our faces. So lovely. x)

nikky2012
12-28-12, 01:37 PM

Last time they announced the winners, I only got that announcement once so hopefully it will be that way again. (unless I somehow win with my whole 12 entries, then I want to see my name over and over XP)

Paul__
01-01-13, 02:51 PM
I think it should be 0.00

bigsteve03
01-01-13, 04:07 PM
I'm on one of those devices that has constant crashes with Dragon Story. I can't do more than three or four actions without it crashing on me. When I have to click through three or four pop ups, then I'm guaranteed to crash imediately after I do one other thing, like accept gold or whatever. It makes playing on the weekends pretty much impossible. I also had to stop playing with neighbor's dragons a while back. It would take almost a full hour to get through the 20 people in the news with all the crashes.

aimeeq
01-01-13, 05:21 PM
I vote for once a day. Then I would probably read them instead of just clicking through

lildvl91
01-14-14, 07:44 AM
I can understand the pop up ads for other games when we are in our own store/shop/kingdom/farm/etc. sometimes with them happening so much maybe you think we can't click the icons we see there? And what is it that now they pop up at every other neighbor visit it seems!? They should not pop up during visits! You all can't be that desperate for us to try those games. So please stop with them popping up during neighbor visits! And as for our areas maybe only once a day or an opt not to show again.

jptheripper
01-14-14, 09:17 AM
DO NOT REMOVE THEM!!!

free gold, gems.. please i love the ads, they give me free stuff

SecretTarth
01-14-14, 10:48 AM
I actually wish I would get the pop up ads for the new and limited dragons ON THE DAY it happens. I only seem to get them the next day. If a dragon becomes limited, I would like to know right away and how long I have so that I can start breeding for it if I don't have it.

jptheripper
01-14-14, 10:59 AM
agreed.

igames4me
01-14-14, 11:07 AM
DO NOT REMOVE THEM!!!

Agree they should not remove them.... I luv to try out their promotional games

chalupa2030
01-14-14, 11:07 AM
DO NOT REMOVE THEM!!!

Like what? Can you be more specific?

bobbyrae
01-14-14, 01:09 PM
Like what? Can you be more specific?

I guess free gold and free gems.

I understand that there are players out there who love getting these goal pop ups where part of the goal is to download a TL game and/or achieve a certain level in the game and where the reward for completing the goal is gems. I also understand that for the most part TL games are "free" games and that you really never ever have to purchase gems to play the game and so if they want to advertise their goods they should be free to do so.

However, not all of us play free. Not all of us want to match little globs of fruit or jewels or candy on a screen. Not all of us want to play castle story or reach level 15 in dragon story or download farm story 2. Some of us just want to play the games that we choose to play and because we choose not to download new games we are bombarded with a deluge of popups every time we open our games. Some of these popups do not have a little "x" and so we have to press ok and then wait for another pop up and then hit the "not at this time" button. Why can there not be one pop up showing all the games we can download and play and all the levels we can achieve to complete whichever goal there is? Why have them all in separate popups? I recently got so frustrated that I downloaded all the games played them to a certain level that got rid of the popups and then deleted them all. I still have the little goal icon in my game begging me to reach level whatever in the games. Not even the promise of more gems will get me to play them.

lildvl91
01-16-14, 12:14 PM
There were ads for 3 games didn't download dots cause it didn't appear to be game by you guys. Downloading the 2 I did helped with so many pop ups in my area but I still get pop ups when visiting!!! Please get stop the ads in visiting. Leave them only to our areas!!

rsusko
01-16-14, 01:12 PM
I have always only gotten the pop ups once a day. I don't get pop ups when visiting at all either? Seems odd?

bobbyrae
01-16-14, 01:39 PM
I have always only gotten the pop ups once a day. I don't get pop ups when visiting at all either? Seems odd?
I used to get them every single time i opened my games. I got so frustrated i just downloaded all the games available, played for five minutes and deleted them. Just to get rid of the annoying popups.

pinkprincess1313
01-17-14, 03:09 PM
I have never had them pop up except for the first time in the morning after that there gone until the next morning..