PDA

View Full Version : just thinking..

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 06:18 AM
A great idea would be if in addition to these limited edition dragons that we have a certain amount of time to breed, if we could get some occasional special edition dragons that rather than are limited in time are limited by number, say 10 percent or 5 percent so if there are 100,000 users a special edition dragon would be limited to 5 or 10 thousand and then incorporate this dragon trading everyone keeps asking for but only within the special edition and limited edition dragons. Also these special edition dragons should not be buyable and must be bred so that everyone has an equal chance of getting one and the deep pockets don't take them all. Just a thought :) let me know what you think Jake

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 06:20 AM
Oh and inactive users should not be included in the population for percentage consideration

kwhales
12-27-12, 06:59 AM
Good idea.....except how will we know when the 10% was met. We will keep trying and trying to no avail. and for how long will we be trying? forever? At least with limited time dragons, we know when to stop trying for them. TL would have to let us know that the goal was met, stop trying. And what about the other 90%, they wouldn't even have a chance. With the LE's, at least everyone has a chance-more than 10%.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 07:30 AM
Well just like you said they would have to keep a tracker going on how many were left, and everyone would have a chance but wouldn't you like to be able to say you have a dragon almost no one else does? Talk about bragging rights, you can brag all day about your diamond dragon but the truth is no one is special for having one because so many people do, at least everyone would have a fair chance of attaining these, and those few lucky ones get the chance to feel real special, and after a few of then have been released, most people in theory would have at least one of these special editions and we can break up the conformity of everyone having the same dragons

habibass
12-27-12, 07:37 AM
The idea of having a dragon that almost no one else does sound soooo not fair. I think that there shouldnt be some kind of elitism. How would you feel if you were one of those who doesnt have it? Its not a comformity, its equality.
Btw, I think that angel dragon might be considered as a dragon than almost no one else has. :D

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 08:14 AM
Everyone would have the same chances to get it though so there would be no elitism just competition for who can get it first

kurebiz
12-27-12, 08:34 AM
you mentioned not being able to buy it, but those with deep pockets will just accelerate their breedings..
so i don't think it will work as well.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 08:37 AM
This is true, but it will at least buy the other people more time and speed breeding doesn't guarantee you anything either

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 10:05 AM
Or perhaps the dragons could be a random breed with no specific colors, just 100 percent random like a legendary thing, that would eliminate the speed breeding as well

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 10:11 AM
Please all share your thoughts

lollipop_rp
12-27-12, 11:01 AM
I like the idea. It is really different. By ten percent, do you mean like if there are 100 people only ten dragons are out? (Of course, there won't be 100 people)
I also like the part abt non active players

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 11:21 AM
Yes that it's precisely what i mean, that way once there have been a few se releases everyone has the chance to have a dragon that not everyone else can have, you know like almost their own special dragon

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 11:34 AM
Maybe these terms will be better to use, i would like to see dragons that if i have 20 friends on my neighbor list only one of then will have that dragon. That way these dragons are really something special, it would be nice to have a handful of them so that you can go to several different islands and see dragons you don't see regularly on each of them, then the trading so that if there's one in particular you want you can find someone with it who wants the one you have and these dragons can really mean something to each player who has one

habibass
12-27-12, 12:07 PM
That still sounds not fair. It would be awful if they decided to do something like that...

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 12:55 PM
How is that unfair? Everyone would have a fair chance of getting one, are you saying that a dragon that actually has value is unfair? Are all the le's unfair as well? It just adds a little excitement and variety between players, not everyone has to have the same dragons that is just boring.

foxxiegirl
12-27-12, 01:01 PM
I suggested something like this months back. I'd love to see a TRULY Limited Dragon.

habibass
12-27-12, 01:16 PM
How is that unfair? Everyone would have a fair chance of getting one, are you saying that a dragon that actually has value is unfair? Are all the le's unfair as well? It just adds a little excitement and variety between players, not everyone has to have the same dragons that is just boring.

LE is a completely different thing. Everyone can have these, but some of them may need to use some gold to get it faster. Its not that only 10% people can get it.
I remember all the frustration caused by the fact that only 10% percent of players could get crafting sooner. There were many disappointed and impatient people. And thats because of a temporary thing! How would you think those people feel if only 10 percent of people could have a special dragon? Its frustating enough for some of us to not be able to get LE. And those 10 percent of dragons would be gone bred within 10 seconds, by those who use gold. And cant see how that could be fair.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 01:59 PM
Ok you aren't understanding, everyone could have a special dragon but everyone wouldn't have the same one, if this were to come out it would have to be more rare than a diamond and it could take months for the dragons to run out, you seem very narrow minded, this is a game it's about competition, that's what games are the people that can't handle that are obviously poor sports and shouldn't be playing games to begin with. I'm not suggesting an advantage which it's what people are complaining about, I'm suggesting a very special reward

habibass
12-27-12, 02:37 PM
I understand what you are saying and I wont change my opinion.
How is this a game about competition? Its not a racing or fighting game.
You have your opinion and I have mine, thats ok, people are different.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 02:39 PM
All games are competition in some way or another otherwise you would just start with everything handed to you on a platter

Taprode
12-27-12, 03:20 PM
I would be very sad, if a dragon like this were released. I mean, I do not compete with my neighbours or others, I only compete with my self. I have my own ideas of what I want of this game and I think many people feel the same way. I would like to obtain every possible dragon (on android so not as much as others), set up my island with the decorations I like and so on. If they released this types of dragons, I would have no idea of my changes of getting the dragon. At least with LE I know when they are gone.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 03:30 PM
Do you play sports where only the top 3 get medals? I don't understand where this everyone has to be able to get everything mentality comes from.

habibass
12-27-12, 03:36 PM
Chubbyriot, this IS NOT a sport! So there is no reason to compare these two completely different things. Its just not that type of game and that is the reason i like DS so much.

klaineisland
12-27-12, 04:27 PM
I don't know why it makes a dragon more special if only certain people can get it. I don't care if everyone has the same dragons I do! I would rather try to get something if I think there's an actual real chance I can get it, otherwise it's just a waste of time.

I think the idea of a dragon that has a mystery breeding combo would be way cooler. Like there is no breeding combo - you just get it at random, at any time.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 04:34 PM
That's what i said in the suggestions thread that these dragons should have no combo they are just a completely random breed so as to make it completely random who gets them and to make them legendary

nikky2012
12-27-12, 09:02 PM
I don't think this game is suppose to be competitive. Its something to pick up and play with when I have spare time and that's it. If you want to play a game that has competition, play something else. Its about being able to breed all the dragons, even if it takes forever. (I'm at level 88 or 89 and still don't have diamond.) Thats my opinion though.

chubbyriot
12-27-12, 09:42 PM
Well i mean its fine and dandy to breed all the dragons but for the people who are interested in it we should get something with some competition, for the people who don't want it well if you don't get it then it should make no difference to you anyways because you would just assume not have them

Takiofallen
12-28-12, 08:30 PM
OK i get where the idea comes from but there are some fundamental problems.
1. While this game may seem to have some "competitive aspects" it's not a competition. This is a game about breeding. The dragons you get are a byproduct of the basics of the game. Now people do create there own competitive aspects of the game. There are two that come to mind.
1a. Being the first to breed a dragon. This is the main reason why people speed breed, but whether you get the dragon in the first hour or in a week there is no advantage to it. Now TL has solved this problem by introducing the LE dragons. Not everyone will be able to breed them in the time allotted but everyone has a fair chance within the time frame.

1b.The amount of Diamond dragons you own which are the most coveted dragons in the game. People go out of there way to breed as many as possible. This alone is the root of the constant habitat problems and 90% of the theories. People want to have 5 of every Diamond and diamond hybrid dragon and also have all the other (i am talking in general terms i know this does not apply to everyone) dragons on there island.

2. When talking about competitive gaming there is no basic reward for just playing. People are normal rewarded by loyalty (how long they have been playing the game). If a new player came on and happened to breed 2 of the these "Extinct dragons" a lot of people wouldn't be happy. People are not happy now trying to breed a diamond, grant you i believe TL has loosened up a bit because i have heard of more people breeding diamonds this month then in the past 3.

3. We have no idea how breeding actually works. We have people now who complain about how others manage to breed 1-3 LE's but they have 90 fails and nothing to show for it. Its seems unfair to them. This game is not truly random, there are a ton of people who will argue with me on this and i believe i have more then enough proof to prove other wise, my point being if if it's not truly random how do you choose who gets the dragon? You have to be able to write the algorithm that runs the game in some manner to award the dragons which eliminates the randomness. Example look at the first contest TL had on thanks giving. We were told that the winners of the 5000 gold were chosen at random. Not only do we not know how the people were chosen we don't even know if all of our entries we actually accounted for. Now i am not saying that TL did any funny business but even with lotto we know how the winner is chosen and we can see it done. AS long as there is room for speculation there will always be speculation.

4 Harassment. The first person who manages to breed one of this dragons will be harassed beyond belief. Look at the Legendary "Second breeding den wars" (sarcasm people) That person was harassed beyond belief and no one playing this game for fun should be subject to that.

5. While i have a few other points i can make this is getting long so i will end with this. How does this benefit TL? There Is no profit in this for them, 0. At the end of the day this is a business and they created this game to make money. They would have to rewrite so many thing in the programing to make this work it just might not be worth it. Tl Makes money in every aspect of this game while at the same time offering you a free way to obtain the same results. It's a perfect formula plain and simple. This idea again is not bad just not for this kind of game. Now if TL decides to make a "spinoff" of the the game and you can import you dragons from the original that would be a much better route to go. You keep your current customers happy, Create a new fan base and give those who are competitive at heart something to compete for.

Sorry people for the long post i only did it because i was asked for my 2 cents, i just happen to give 4

lollipop_rp
12-28-12, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, everyone has different opinions, chubbyriot has some good ideas while takiofallen nikky2012 habibass klaineisland and taprode have some good opposing views. It seems interesting how you kind of have to get the dragon before the dragon runs out but it seems difficult. Either way, I don't see it as a competiton, I play sports and I feel as If this is just a fun way to cool down. If you consider it a sport it is your opinion and I can't change it and I won't try to.
Takiofallen wrote a Rly long "essay". It has some good points which I would consider before TL would make the LE dragon. We don't want harassment and randomness and unfairness.
I know I'm pretty confusing rite now on who I agree with but my point is we all have different opinions which we believe in for different reasons.

P.S - consider the two decisions like voting for mitt rommney or Barack obama. There are cons and pros between each one. Think about choosing sink hairbrush and a blue hairbrush. One persons favorite color is pink while the other persons is blue.

Remember everyone, stay cool and stay true to you!

Nefertekas
12-29-12, 03:29 AM
That's what i said in the suggestions thread that these dragons should have no combo they are just a completely random breed so as to make it completely random who gets them and to make them legendary

Ah, see! Now THAT sounds way more interesting!! It shouldn't be limited to a percentage pf players (I believe you said only a certain number of players could bet the dragon? That would just annoy a lot of people xD) , but it could be a random combo of elements.
But only 2 elements (or three, tops!! Because otherwise it would interfere with diamond...or make it a five-element)

For example,they could announce the new dragon, and in the info, under the elements, there could be interrogation dots (???) instead of showing its true elements.
But I don't know how else that would work...

Maybe there should be a different combo for each, making them impossible to predict, or the known combo never shown at all. But that would be kinda insane, no? XD

The idea itself does seem loads of fun. Limiting it to a number of players, however, would be not-so-cool...

Regarding Tak's number 4 , remember also poor mike28 (not his full id) when he was harrassed. All because of a silly mistake... Remember crafting was released to 10% players? He was not one of them. However, in another thread FOR ANOTHER GAME (Monster Story) he mistakenly wrote "i finally got ruby dragon" instead of ruby manticore (which is the fire diamond hybrid in MS).
Somehow people found that post of his (some said they googled it) and you should have seen his wall spammed with ungraceful comments.
Clearly overboard. XD

ratadude
12-30-12, 11:32 AM
I see where this thread is going, it's competitive Dragon Story gaming versus non-competitive Dragon Story gaming. Perhaps we can have both, but not in the breeding sort of way. Breeding dragons is based on luck and perseverance .. and relies less on s**** once you know the principals of this game. If we could somehow have different island alliances, this could solve the problem. Those who wish to compete would move to a competitive island, and those who wish to breed in peace could join a peaceful island. Once a player has reached a high level and/or lots of rare and ultra rare dragons they will likely wish more of a challenge and join the competitive island. The more rare/super rare/ultra rare dragons a player has gives them more control over resources in that island to do more creative things. It would solve the problem of longer players who become bored due to lack of breeding challenges ...:p

Taking this one step further, the competitive island could be subdivided into factions (like romulans, klingons, federation) and these factions would compete against each other by building dragons with certain abilities to acquire more control over the island resources ;)

moostermine
12-30-12, 12:28 PM
Sounds like a separate game but " if they build it " I will play! Btw I want to be a Klingon !

grondai
12-30-12, 12:40 PM
Lol I love it. I would breed a bunch of them and cook the extras in my portal so no one can have them!

thatgirl444
12-30-12, 12:45 PM
ohh no....is that what we do with dragons when we trade them? LOL COOK them?? my poor dragons

grondai
12-30-12, 12:47 PM
ohh no....is that what we do with dragons when we trade them? LOL COOK them?? my poor dragons

Well that portal looks about 415 degrees to me. Seems like the dragons as pressure cooked into gems

lollipop_rp
12-30-12, 12:53 PM
Well that portal looks about 415 degrees to me. Seems like the dragons as pressure cooked into gems

Whatif it's suuuuuper cold n there not suuuuuuper hot?

lollipop_rp
12-30-12, 12:54 PM
They'll probably freeze to death, poor dragons

grondai
12-30-12, 12:56 PM
Whatif it's suuuuuper cold n there not suuuuuuper hot?

Then I guess we will have some freeze dried dragons.... Yummy

ratadude
12-30-12, 01:00 PM
All of these ideas works for me - itty bitty dragon pieces that can be combined into 'Dragon Fleets'. These parts can be assembled into 'Klingon' dragons like a 'Bird of Prey', or ultra rare dragons like the 'Federation' soverign class dragon. Sets of these dragons make fleets :cool:

Nefertekas
12-30-12, 05:20 PM
You cruel, sick people xD STAHP COOKING/FREEZING DRAGONS. Kthxbai. :p

moostermine
12-31-12, 06:23 AM
They don't get cooked or frozen! They just get "beamed up" to a better place! lol