PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story gem expansion

scrappy28
12-26-12, 11:22 PM
I am writing this post because I feel *****ed by the game. When I was at level 44, patiently waiting for level 45 to expand with 40 gems; I reached level 45. I went to expand, but it said that I had to wait for level 50 or pay 80 gems. I was upset, but I waited again, reached level 50, again it *****ed me and said 80 gems or wait to level 55. What is going on? I emailed team lava, but their response was that they couldn't help me. I have spent a lot of money for gems, as I enjoy the game and my boutique is getting cramped. Missed two expansions now.
Has anyone had the same problem? I am on an android tablet. Level 50, over 90 neighbors.
Please help anybody.:mad::mad:

maguar
12-26-12, 11:34 PM
As you level up more expansions become unlocked. In your expansion tab you should still be able to see the lower expansions. You will need to purchase the lower expansions before you can purchase the higher ones.

http://i.imgur.com/wjANq.png

Or are you saying that these expansions have completely disappeared from your tab?

nmishii
12-26-12, 11:42 PM
There are no level requirements to expand with gems. You just need to do them in order. They should be listed in the expansion tab.

To expand free, i.e., without using gems, you need to meet neighbor, level, and coin requirements. They aren't all displayed at one time so once you meet the requirement listed, it'll list another requirement not met, or if all 3 are met, will let you expand with coins displayed.

You have the neighbor requirements met, and from your posts the level requirements are met for two expansions. You should be able to expand with coins if you have enough.

scrappy28
12-27-12, 12:58 AM
Yes, I have purchased all lower expansions in order, just as your pictures shows. Your picture shows expand 17x20 40 gems, or 2,500,00 for 17 x20. Well, every time I go to expand, it changes from 40 gems to 80 or 3,500,000. Since I don't have the cash, I was going to purchase it with 40 gems, then it changes to 80 gems, twice so far. This is frustrating. I play everyday, visit my neighbors (3) star rating, gift every time, reach all my goals. What am I doing wrong? Like I said, I don't try to skip to a higher expansion, I go in order. The next tab for expansion is at level 55 for 40 gems.

maguar
12-27-12, 01:33 AM
Sorry I'm getting confused. Are you saying the cost for an expansion of x * y was 40 gems but is now 80? Or are you saying that the cost for expansion (x+1) * (y+1) is more than the cost of x * y?

What size are you currently and what size are you wanting to expand to?

scrappy28
12-27-12, 02:08 AM
Sorry I'm getting confused. Are you saying the cost for an expansion of x * y was 40 gems but is now 80? Or are you saying that the cost for expansion (x+1) * (y+1) is more than the cost of x * y?

What size are you currently and what size are you wanting to expand to?

Yes, the cost of x+y was 40 but now 80. Every time I unlock the level, the cost rises. My next level to unlock is level 55 and it says 40 gems or 3,000,000. But in my case it will go up when I reach the appropriate level. Just so frustrating. 18x 20, I should be at 19 x ...
Thank you for helping me

maguar
12-27-12, 02:15 AM
Are you able to provide screenshots of what it is before you reach it and what it is when you reach it?

scrappy28
12-27-12, 09:39 AM
Are you able to provide screenshots of what it is before you reach it and what it is when you reach it?

No, I am unable to take screenshots, wish I could. What am I doing wrong, that the price changes once I unlock the level? I must be doing something wrong. All the other games I play ex. BS, Rs this doesn't happen.

nmishii
12-27-12, 10:58 AM
I'm on an Android phone, looking at my game I don't play anymore on the Thanksgiving version.

There is not an 18x20 expansion. Are you 17x20 or 18x21 ?
You do not need to meet level requirements to expand with gems, but need to do them in order.

I don't have the neighbor or level requirements like maguar for most of my expansions, so here is info on the expansions from my game:

The last expansion for 40 gems is 17x20.
18x21 is 80 gems, or for 3M coins (from maguar's post) starting at Level 45.
19x22 (Level 50) and 20x23 (Level 55) are 80 gems.

What you are saying isn't aligning with what I'm seeing in my game or in maguar's post, and my game and maguar's game appear to align. So its hard to help.

Since you can't take screenshots, maybe post what you are seeing in the expansion tab. This would be the two lines of text in each of the boxes. See post 2.

queentina3
12-27-12, 12:18 PM
Instead of listing what level you are for expansion, can you list the expansion numbers and what your gem/coin amounts are? Since you're trying to expand with gems, level doesn't matter at this point as you can be level 1 and expand fully with gems. :)

scrappy28
12-27-12, 01:15 PM
Thank you for your help, you explained everything to me. I just expanded to 18x21 for 80 gems. I was mistaken, I thought I saw 40 gems for 18x21.
Thanks for clearing everything up for me.

I'm on an Android phone, looking at my game I don't play anymore on the Thanksgiving version.

There is not an 18x20 expansion. Are you 17x20 or 18x21 ?
You do not need to meet level requirements to expand with gems, but need to do them in order.

I don't have the neighbor or level requirements like maguar for most of my expansions, so here is info on the expansions from my game:

The last expansion for 40 gems is 17x20.
18x21 is 80 gems, or for 3M coins (from maguar's post) starting at Level 45.
19x22 (Level 50) and 20x23 (Level 55) are 80 gems.

Thank you so much for your help, my last expansion was at 17x20. I just expanded to 18x21 for 80 gems. Your explanation cleared everything up for me. I could of sworn the tab said 40 gems at 18x21. I was wrong.
Thank you everyone for your help today.

What you are saying isn't aligning with what I'm seeing in my game or in maguar's post, and my game and maguar's game appear to align. So its hard to help.

Since you can't take screenshots, maybe post what you are seeing in the expansion tab. This would be the two lines of text in each of the boxes. See post 2.

nmishii
12-27-12, 06:16 PM
You're welcome. Glad everything is okay now.

KP789802
01-03-13, 06:24 AM
:mad: I am also having trouble with your expansion. It will give the option to expand for free if you have a certain number of neighbors. However, once you get the required number of neighbors the option disappears completely. I am currently on level 14 and had the option to expand to 13 x something if I had 10 neighbors. Now the option is gone. Also, game profile says I only have 10 neighbors when I have 11. What gives?

KP789802

maguar
01-03-13, 01:00 PM
When you get to the level you unlock the expansion. You then see the cost and neighbour requirement if you haven't met it. There are no free expansions.

nmishii
01-03-13, 01:06 PM
Stormie doesn't count as a neighbor in the profile.

shuenshuenli
01-14-13, 12:43 PM
what is the neighbor requirement for coin expansion? thanks.

JustATrick
01-14-13, 06:34 PM
Ok, anyone have a list of the requirements for the expansions when expanding with cash, level and neighbor? Was just wondering. Of course I'm broke in the game, and doubt that'll change anytime soon, so got goals with next 3 expansions lined up heh... and not even close to the cheapest one. Oh well.

maguar
01-14-13, 07:11 PM
I've started a bit of a search but I can't find anything. It might help if people post the ones that they can see so we can start to compile this info.

If we use this format it'll make it easier:

Size | $ | Neighbours | Gems